/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I would like to serve Allah

a_hasan23
12-31-2010, 05:40 PM
I was born a Muslim and my family have been very religious, I've never dated and a virgin. I don't eat pork and pray five times a day. Is there such thing as a Muslim nun. That's what I'd like to be, a nun, but in Islam. Whenever I go to the mosque, it's always the men that are allowed to serve Allah. I may be wrong, does anyone know how to go about being an Islamic nun?

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-31-2010, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by a_hasan23
I was born a Muslim and my family have been very religious, I've never dated and a virgin. I don't eat pork and pray five times a day. Is there such thing as a Muslim nun. That's what I'd like to be, a nun, but in Islam. Whenever I go to the mosque, it's always the men that are allowed to serve Allah. I may be wrong, does anyone know how to go about being an Islamic nun?

Thank you
There are no Muslims nuns or Muslim priests or Muslim Bishops or Muslim popes. In fact there are no ordained Muslim clergy. We all strive to serve Allaah(swt) to the best of our ability and all who are Muslim are equal be they male or Female. Yes a woman can lead the prayers at an all female group. A female can not lead the prayers in front of men as it would be very inappropriate for a man to see a woman prostrate herself.

glo
12-31-2010, 08:31 PM
What exactly do you have in mind when you talk about 'serving Allah'?
There must be many, many ways to serve Allah!
No matter what kind of life you live or what you circumstances are, there must be opportunities to serve Allah. Just look in the right places! :)

Seeker1066
12-31-2010, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
There are no Muslims nuns or Muslim priests or Muslim Bishops or Muslim popes. In fact there are no ordained Muslim clergy. We all strive to serve Allaah(swt) to the best of our ability and all who are Muslim are equal be they male or Female. Yes a woman can lead the prayers at an all female group. A female can not lead the prayers in front of men as it would be very inappropriate for a man to see a woman prostrate herself.
Excellent answer. I would think that leading a woman's prayer service as well as teaching Islam to woman reverts and how to pray would be very valuable. A last thought is living out your faith. You can lead by example. Saint Francis of asissi said to "Preach allways and if necessary use words". Just living life as a devout Mulsim would serve Allah and all feelow men as well.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!