/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what this forum needs...

جوري
01-02-2011, 02:41 AM
More heathens of course ^o) NO..
I think you need to work on getting us a scholar once a month or so to take our questions.. also some sort of historian/philosopher to teach the young ones (adults too) about Islamic history, jurisprudence, ghazwat, personalities, perhaps the art of debate, reasoned judgment ...

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
01-02-2011, 03:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
More heathens of course ^o) NO..
I think you need to work on getting us a scholar once a month or so to take our questions.. also some sort of historian/philosopher to teach the young ones (adults too) about Islamic history, jurisprudence, ghazwat, personalities, perhaps the art of debate, reasoned judgment ...

:sl: Ukhti,

It has always been the goal of this forum to keep the educational level of Islam at a very basic level. In other words we are a kindergarten and not a university. There are very few Islamic forums geared for being an introduction to Islam from the perspective of day to day Muslims. Sharing the experiences of those of us who live in the everyday life of the trials of this dunya.

There are very many excellent forums that do an outstanding job at teaching things about Hadith, Jurisprudence, Quranic studies etc. But it has never been our intent to be a fiqh discussion board or a scholastic approach to Islam. The goal is to be a place where people with very limited knowledge of Islam can come and learn the very basic understandings from average people who live as Muslims.

On several occasions it seems we have had scholars join as members, however their threads almost always went unread and unnoticed. I believe one or 2 are currently members, but I have not seen them here for a long time. There was at least one Scholar we tried to entice to come on as an adviser, but without success.

But that all may be for the best as if we get too deep into complex discussions of a scholarly nature we would loose the basic ideas behind why this forum was formed. And that is to share with the average person on how we Muslims actually live.

If we have a single goal agreed upon by all of us admins it is we want to dispel the misconceptions non-Muslims have about us.

Inshallah, some of the other Admins and Mods will add more input into this. Each of us do have individual ideas and goals.But somehow we seem to work together.

Perseveranze
01-02-2011, 03:30 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Yeah it would be great, people would certainly learn alot from them too. Having said that, there's alot of current forum users are that are really knowledgeable, who I've learned alot from atleast, about both Islam and other Religions.

tigerkhan
01-02-2011, 05:12 AM
More heathens of course NO..
i dont know y i am not in favour...actually i want ppl should travel and stive hard to got knowledge. infact then they have value for it...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
01-02-2011, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
i dont know y i am not in favour...actually i want ppl should travel and stive hard to got knowledge. infact then they have value for it...

Not everyone can enroll in Islamic courses or travel far and wide for it and as a result we have google scholars of Muslims and non alike. I don't think that is a proper way for the average person to learn about Islam, but as it seems already Br. Woodrow stated that scholars have no interest in coming to the forum, albeit I wasn't asking that they come argue against kaffirs rather serve the online Muslim community..

Tyrion
01-02-2011, 06:41 AM

Not everyone can enroll in Islamic courses or travel far and wide for it and as a result we have google scholars of Muslims and non alike. I don't think that is a proper way for the average person to learn about Islam, but as it seems already Br. Woodrow stated that scholars have no interest in coming to the forum, albeit I wasn't asking that they come argue against kaffirs rather serve the online Muslim community..

Aren't there already websites that let you ask scholars questions? I know some of them are kinda sketchy, but theres gotta be a few that have trustworthy scholars, right?

جوري
01-02-2011, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
Aren't there already websites that let you ask scholars questions? I know some of them are kinda sketchy, but theres gotta be a few that have trustworthy scholars, right?

Takes a long time to receive a reply if at all!

Muhaba
01-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Why not get one or more mods to take a course in a particular topic and then have them discuss what they learned. say, one person can take a course in hadith, another can learn tafseer, another can study islamic history, etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!