/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sikh wanting to convert

Dimension
01-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi all..

I am a Sikh wanting to convert to Islam but very unsure how. If possible I would like to talk via windows live messenger just for privacy reasons..

Need someone to help me clear any doubts and give me advice.. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
01-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Welcome

First off if you want to speak to people in private, they will need to know your gender first.

Second, what do you believe in already?

GuestFellow
01-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Hi

There is a clarification section if you have any doubts. There is the advice section on this forum and you can be anonymous.

:welcome:

qassy!
01-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Great news.

Login to this website using the following login details

"username: anonymous password: islamicboard"

Which will allow you to create an anonymous thread, and you will be undisclosed!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Hi and greetings of peace Dimension

Welcome to the forum, if you do have any questions you can also ask here we will try our best to help.

peace

Dimension
01-04-2011, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Welcome

First off if you want to speak to people in private, they will need to know your gender first.

Second, what do you believe in already?
Im a male

nature
01-04-2011, 07:24 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum, any questions just post them, I know of a sikh sister who reverted, & with you being a bloke, she wouldnt speak to you in private, but im sure she wouldnt mind sharing her story, shes not on this forum, but i'll ask her. :wa:

Dimension
03-06-2011, 01:41 PM
It would be great if you can put me in contact with this sister if possible. It would give me an idea on how people around her will react. Thank you everyone for your responses.

Dimension
03-06-2011, 01:45 PM
At the moment I am still asking Allah for guidance, and due to the fact I dont know how my parents would react I haven't converted.

I have recently started to read prayers, is this allowed?

Hamza Asadullah
03-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Asalaamu alaikum. Where in the world are you from? I persobally know two reverts who were hindus before and they also had issues at first but they are very happy now.

abdullah_001
03-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Assalamu Alaikum brother, contrary to popular belief you do not need an imam in order to convert to Islam. To become a Muslim one must simply say the testimony of faith, also known as the shahada.

Which is to say: "Ash hadu alla ilaha illa Allah, wa ash hadu anna Mohammadan abduhu wa rasooluh." and in English it means, "I bear witness there is no God but Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is the slave and the messenger of Allah." (saws).

However though, I would suggest going to a nearby mosque to make it formal. And you can also post as an anonymous member in the "Advice and Support" section of these forums to seek the advice of both the brothers and sisters alike, inshaAllah.

And Alhamdulillah you have started praying as well as Prophet Muhammad (saws) says in a Hadith, "The superstructure of Islam is raised on five (pillars): testifying that there is no God (none truely to be worshiped) but Allah, and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, performing the prayer, paying the Zakah (poor-due), fasting the month of Ramadan, and performing Hajj."

InshaAllah may Allah make it easy for you and inshaAllah may Allah guide us all, ameeeeen.

Assalamu Alaikum

Dimension
03-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Thank you all for your responses. I fully understand the way to conversion but at the moment due to my current situation I find it near impossible to convert.

May Allah guide me to the truth, the truth which I believe is to be Islam and Inshallah with comfort and ease.

- Qatada -
03-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Dimension, you can say the testimony of faith now and hide your Islam from your family for safety. :)

also see; http://muslimconverts.com

Abu Junaid
03-09-2011, 09:34 AM
the best thing is that you want to become a muslim ,the rest is a piece of cake
you can try if you want to talk to someone;chatislamonline.org

Abu Junaid
03-09-2011, 09:39 AM
if i can answer youthen i have to say you haveto be a muslim for your prayers to be accepted
becoming a muslim takes no effort and no time at all
remember even though your parentsarenot muslims you must always respect them unless they command youto go againstyour Lord's orders
because they is no obedience in disobeying theCreator our Lord

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!