/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Temptation - A short story

Muhaba
01-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Fighting Temptation

Word Count: 450 words

The image of her luscious curves was driving him crazy, popping into his mind the whole night, every night, calling to him. No matter what he did, he couldn’t get rid of it. “Think of something else,” he ordered himself. He tried reciting the Quran, praying Qiyam-ul-Layl, even fasting during the day, but as soon as he would lie down at night, the image of her, laughing and talking sweetly, throwing her head back, letting her long hair fall back, would pop into his mind.

Everyday, he saw her at work and he felt his resolve melting. Then one day, something strange happened. She appeared in his office and asked him out to the Christmas party to be held the next day after work.

“We’ll have fun,” she said. “Lots of it,” she smiled, then placed her hand on her chest. What was she indicating? he wondered, his mind going into overdrive.

She smiled again, her blue eyes gleaming. He hadn’t seen her from this close and her beauty stunned him even more, making his resolve melt even further. “I’ll think about it,” he heard himself say, when he should have said, “absolutely not.”

“But the beard must go,” she added. “Come to the office without the beard and we’ll go to the party together.” Then she left before he could reconsider.

The rest of the day he tried reasoning with himself. What harm would a single office party do?

That night, he stood in front of the mirror with a shave in his hand and stared at his reflection. What was he doing? Before reconsidering, he shaved his fist-length beard.
The whole night he struggled with himself, twisting and turning. He couldn’t do this. This was all wrong. He struggled but he knew his resolve was gone. There would be no way he could resist her if he continued to see her at the office.

The next day he went to work and she smiled at him. But he didn’t smile back. He went straight to his boss’s office and handed in his resignation.

“What’s this?” His boss asked.

“I can’t work here any more,” he replied.

His agony must have been apparent on his face because the boss gave him one glance and nodded, “I understand.”

Leaving the office, he reserved the next flight back home. He had to be with his family, get his eman back. He needed his family and Muslim brothers to help him fight shaytan and to strengthen his eman.

As be boarded the plane, he was glad he was able to leave the land of kufr without having compromised his faith, although it had been a close call.

The End.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S.Belle
01-03-2011, 10:05 PM
very nice mashallah
you should really think about continuing this

GuestFellow
01-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Interesting. Write more because I need something interesting to read, other than those horrible law books...with mistakes. <_<

aadil77
01-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Masha'Allah excellent story - keep up the good work,

what I like about this story is that it shows how it is possible to stay away from haraam and not give in

This story can be changed to fit alot of different scenarios of temptation that muslims face everyday

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
01-05-2011, 07:31 AM
thank you all for the nice nice comments :) . it is a short story that at present i don't plan to making longer.

MartyrX
02-23-2011, 06:44 PM
It's very interesting.

Cabdullahi
02-23-2011, 06:53 PM
the story is perfect like this....im going to make it into a rap

Faatin
03-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Yeahh he kicked shaytan's dirty a.. ahem. =) Good story/reminder.

Ali Mujahidin
03-17-2011, 08:08 AM
JazakuLLah. I pray that all our brothers who face a similar situation would be just as strong. Ameen.

Muhaba
03-17-2011, 11:10 AM
thank you for the compliments *smile*

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Jazakallaahu Khaayr for sharing.

Abz2000
09-17-2011, 09:49 PM
i remembered this:

syed1
12-03-2011, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cbdullahii
the story is perfect like this....im going to make it into a rap
waiting for this ^^

SyrianFellow
12-03-2011, 03:05 AM
Nice story. I was hoping for a better ending like she gets fired and he stays at work or something but thats my opinion ;D.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!