/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Religion interview opportunity in a 10th grade World History classroom (USA)

rpickett77
01-16-2011, 05:16 AM
Hello! My name is Rachel Pickett, and I'm a 10th grade World History teacher at Thornton High School (near Denver, CO). I found your name and email on the Studying Islam contact page. My students are creating a project on religion. By the end of the quarter they'll have designed an interactive exhibit about religion, religious conflict, and ideas for conflict resolution. This Tuesday (1/18/11) some students want to interview (over the phone) a member of each major world religion.

Would you be interested and available to be interviewed? The interviews would be about Islam, and they'd be recorded.

If you're unavailable, do you know of any organizations or people I could contact who may be interested?

Thanks! I'm happy to send you the basic interview questions, as well.

Rachel Pickett
World History
Social Studies Department
Thornton High School
720 421 0009

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
01-16-2011, 05:22 AM
Do you think a forum is the best place to actualize this project?
You're talking to random people on the internet people that neither you nor your students know anything of.. You're ok with 14-15 year olds speaking to 50 year olds or even other 15 year olds? How fruitful do you think that discussion be?

all the best

Tyrion
01-16-2011, 06:29 AM
You'd probably be better off contacting a local mosque.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!