/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do These Actions Invalidate Salah

questions123
01-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Does burping, coughing, sneezing invalidate Salah.
Also say if a person moves his hand and scratches his face etc, does that invalidate Salah.

Also i have a slight habit of licking my lips, if i lick my lips during Salah is my Salah invalidated.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-20-2011, 07:46 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by questions123
Burping, coughing, sneezing does not invalidates Salah.
Also say if a person moves his hand and scratches his face etc, does that invalidate Salah.
Scratching itchy skin does not invalidates Salah, as long as not too much or too often
Also i have a slight habit of licking my lips, if i lick my lips during Salah is my Salah
invalidated.

Thanks
It is considered as unnecessary move. If you do it intentionally it can invalidates your Salah. But if you do it unintentionally, it does not invalidates your Salah.

One action that can invalidates Salah is doing unnecessary moves intentionally.

questions123
01-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Thank you for the reply, that is very helpful :).

ardianto
01-20-2011, 05:04 PM
You're welcome. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
01-22-2011, 12:27 AM

Also i have a slight habit of licking my lips, if i lick my lips during Salah is my Salah invalidated.

Thanks
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazakallahu khayran for the question. None of the above invalidate Salaah but one should try ones best not to unnecesserily move around or fidgit as the more one does so the less reward one is likely to gain from Salaah.

One should try to pray one's Salaah as perfectly as one can without doing any unnecessery movements or fidgiting. One should realise that ones Salaah is being scrutinised from takbeer tahrimi onwards so one should fully concentrate and imagine Allah in front of them watching them.

If one does have to scratch then one should never use both hands whilst in qiyaam (standing position) with both hands folded but instead use one hand as using both hands at any point during Qiyaam would invalidate the Salaah (Raddul Mukhtar vol.1 Pg.625; H.M. Saeed)

If you have any more questions then please do not hesitate to ask. Ma'asalaam

questions123
01-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks to everyone for the replies. They are very helpful :).

questions123
01-25-2011, 10:09 PM
I just read some information about having a Sutrah when praying.

If i was praying towards a wall in a room, my prayer mat was mos tly facing towards the wall but one corner of it was facing at my door entrance (and the door was opened), if my mum and other people walked past outside the room, would beSalah be invalidated, as some of my prayer mat wasn't facing towards my wall (Sutrah).

Also, i don't understand, in the Mosque and many other places, no one places a Sutrah infront of them, and people walk infrong people praying, but just not in the area where they are prostrating, but just the row directly infront.

Thank you.

questions123
01-02-2012, 01:40 AM
Sorry about posting about 'Sutrah When Praying' in this thread, did it by mistake. =D

JazakAllah

Hamza Asadullah
01-17-2012, 03:34 PM
I just read some information about having a Sutrah when praying.

If i was praying towards a wall in a room, my prayer mat was mos tly facing towards the wall but one corner of it was facing at my door entrance (and the door was opened), if my mum and other people walked past outside the room, would beSalah be invalidated, as some of my prayer mat wasn't facing towards my wall (Sutrah).

Also, i don't understand, in the Mosque and many other places, no one places a Sutrah infront of them, and people walk infrong people praying, but just not in the area where they are prostrating, but just the row directly infront.

Thank you.

It is recommended to place a barrier (sutra) in front of one when praying, if one thinks that someone may pass in front of one. [Shurunbulali, Maraqi al-Falah] This doesn't affect the validity of one's prayer: if someone walks by, one's prayer remains valid.

It is sinful to walk immediately in front of someone praying when it is easy to avoid.

Source: http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=4630&CATE=4

Who Am I?
01-17-2012, 05:33 PM

I hate it when I'm standing or kneeling there in salat and my nose starts itching. Man, that really bugs me...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!