/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can we have the option

S.Belle
01-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Of deleting our own posts?....please? :D

Sometimes you can accidently double post or write something and by the time you finish writing someone else has answered the question.... or at the last minute you simply dont wish to share your opinion but its too late and you are left doing this

.................................................. ................

^ :heated:so not cool.

We can delete the reps we give so I dont understand why not posts
Plus there would be less pms to Admins/Mods to delete a post.....its a win win situation.

Oh and I forgot Admins Rashad is good at handling situations there was a confusing issue some days ago and he handled it like a pro lol.......gosh I hope this doesnt effect the outcome of my question :exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
01-19-2011, 06:40 PM
:sl:

It is a good idea.

format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
We can delete the reps we give so I dont understand why not posts
I don't have the option to delete reps given. Or am I missing it somewhere?

S.Belle
01-19-2011, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
I don't have the option to delete reps given. Or am I missing it somewhere?

like if u rep someone and you go look under your rep given place you will see a delete tab next to the rep given
but i think you are only able to delete that rep for a certain period of time (like before it is seen by the person you have repped)............try for yourself you will see what i mean

Insaanah
01-19-2011, 07:03 PM
^ I never noticed that tab before! I just tried it and it worked. JazaakiAllah khayran, sister.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S.Belle
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
^wayakum
i must have been wrong bc i saw where you repped me....maybe you can only delete it for a few seconds and then the option is taken away

Laila-
01-19-2011, 07:25 PM
whats rep? I dont underdstand btw Im new I guess dats why I dnt undrstnd

S.Belle
01-19-2011, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Laila-
whats rep? I dont underdstand btw Im new I guess dats why I dnt undrstnd

welcome to the forum sis
check this out hope it helps
http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?...utation_system

ardianto
01-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Sometime I made double posts, and I always edit it into : Double post, please delete. And admin or mods always delete that post.

Cabdullahi
01-23-2011, 05:29 PM
can we also have an option which allows us to delete pink posts....to safe guard our eyes from being exposed to dangerously luminous and fluorescent colours

Endymion
01-23-2011, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
can we also have an option which allows us to delete pink posts....to safe guard our eyes from being exposed to dangerously luminous and fluorescent colours
How can you be so rude ^o) I love those colorful posts :statisfie May be you want to have the option of changing color :statisfie

aamirsaab
01-23-2011, 11:23 PM
I support this notion.

Serious note: I still don't know myself why regular members are unable to delete their own posts. It'd make my job easier...even though I barely do anything...

S.Belle
01-24-2011, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I support this notion.

^ you should add a raspberring emoticon as well

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Serious note: I still don't know myself why regular members are unable to delete their own posts. It'd make my job easier...even though I barely do anything...
well could u like take the idea to the red ones and see what they say bc i havent gotten a reply from them on here (obviously)

Endymion
01-24-2011, 05:23 PM
:lol: Mila,i like the "Imported Emoticn" and the Girafa is also cute :giggling:

I want to remove this Close Thread option,bothered me so much :enough!:

S.Belle
01-24-2011, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
:lol: Mila,i like the "Imported Emoticn" and the Girafa is also cute :giggling:

I want to remove this Close Thread option,bothered me so much :enough!:
thanks lol
I doubt they will remove the close thread option it helps keep things in order.
But I do wish we had the option of changing the title of a thread we have created.....

Cabdullahi
01-24-2011, 06:28 PM

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Assalaamu `Alaaykum ^lol, geeky stuff you have here on this thread sis

Well there is "sort of" a way you can delete your posts, well its what i usually do.

Okay follow these directions, sorry if it doesnt make sense hope it does insha`Allaah

Okay, look at your (by this i mean your own post, not another member, i mean YOU!)post you want to delete, and theres two icons, you should see a rep icon and this triangle shape one next to the rep icon, if you drag your mouse over it, it should say "report post", click that and then write why you wanna report it, and then done! just wait a while and you shall see it is gone!(ofcourse you have to leave the geeky thread and try later) : D :-\

erm i hope i made sense insha`Allaah, if not please ask...

peace out peepz...:-\

Endymion
01-25-2011, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdullahii

rofl.............

S.Belle
01-25-2011, 04:26 PM

my posts are not that bad you just have sensitive eyes Booger.
and very artistic btw

format_quote Originally Posted by P.O.W
Assalaamu `Alaaykum ^lol, geeky stuff you have here on this thread sis

Well there is "sort of" a way you can delete your posts, well its what i usually do.

Okay follow these directions, sorry if it doesnt make sense hope it does insha`Allaah

Okay, look at your (by this i mean your own post, not another member, i mean YOU!)post you want to delete, and theres two icons, you should see a rep icon and this triangle shape one next to the rep icon, if you drag your mouse over it, it should say "report post", click that and then write why you wanna report it, and then done! just wait a while and you shall see it is gone!(ofcourse you have to leave the geeky thread and try later) : D :-\

erm i hope i made sense insha`Allaah, if not please ask...

peace out peepz...:-\

Yea but it would be easier on them and us if we just had a delete option.

Beardo
01-29-2011, 05:44 PM
All this pink is burning my eyes.

S.Belle
01-30-2011, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
All this pink is burning my eyes.

So can we have this option....or no?

Beardo
01-30-2011, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
So can we have this option....or no?
Not with all that pinkiness, no.

Actually, that's something you'll have to ask the staff. I don't think it's feasible. At the moment, you can edit your post and do that "edit......" thing that all you members do. The forum software we're using makes it difficult for members to delete their own posts, I think. So yeah. It's not THAT big of a deal, right?

I'm sure we have bigger issues. I know I do. Like when I'm going to eat lunch. You see, I ate my breakfast at 11:30 AM because I was busy doing other things in the morning. So now I'm thinking if I should skip lunch or just delay it... but then I'll have to delay dinner, you see.

Ugh. My life is so complicated!

Kidding. x) Of course.

Cabdullahi
01-30-2011, 08:04 PM
the only member who has publicly stated that they want to wear an eggshell necklace

marwen
01-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Good idea.

I think the reason why the forum don't let members delete their own posts is because if you make a post and then others reply to it and quote it, and then you delete that post, this will make the thread incoherent. But the same problem can occur if we replace the post by an empty one or "edit ....". So it's really useless to hide the "delete" feature. Besides this will relieve admins from doing the job of garbage collection to avoid cumulation of empty posts in the forum.

S.Belle
01-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Not with all that pinkiness, no.

...and i wrote that you were great help im scracthing that out lol jk
and i actually hate the color pink as much as all u complainers hate seeing the pink posts

So yeah. It's not THAT big of a deal, right?
no but its just easier and it seems like an option that we should be able to have...that and the ability to change the title of a thread we have started...i think it is just a matter of having rights lol so yes it is somewhat of a deal...*hides*

the only member who has publicly stated that they want to wear an eggshell necklace
I never said an eggshell necklace....you should really stay outside of the caverns of the grim reapers imagination...does things to your mind bro

format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Besides this will relieve admins from doing the job of garbage collection to avoid cumulation of empty posts in the forum.

great point mashallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!