/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Humanities help please

Laila-
01-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Im gonna be writing up my humanities essay next week please borthers and sisters could you help me with the following question
Q: Can Euthanasia ever be justified?
dnt worry u dnt hve t write a long essay I just want about three sentences or more if you could about what you think and why
Jazakallah in advance and may allah bless you all ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
01-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Laila-; maybe not the answer you are looking for, but......

I watched my mum suffer with multiple sclerosis for about the last thirty years of her life, she was totally paralysed for about the last twenty years, and could not move her arms or legs. I will never know how she had the strength to endure that suffering for so long, she was the strongest and kindest person I shall ever know.

She had a gentle faith in God, and never seemed to blame God for her troubles, although she did say at times she was ready to meet God. I can only say that through my mum’s suffering, I learned something about having faith and trusting God, in times of trouble.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding

Eric

purple
01-20-2011, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Laila-
Im gonna be writing up my humanities essay next week please borthers and sisters could you help me with the following question
Q: Can Euthanasia ever be justified?
dnt worry u dnt hve t write a long essay I just want about three sentences or more if you could about what you think and why
Jazakallah in advance and may allah bless you all ameen

You still have time to do research.
Here brief points (from the top of my head, some may be wrong and you need evidence to support this):
"We put down animals when they are suffering as act of mercy but not human beings"

Counter argument:
"Human beings are completely different status to other species. We also eat animals, by your logic; it would okay to eat human beings."

"It is cost effective; the person is no longer a burden to health services if they suffering long term incurable conditions”.

Counter argument:
“It places incredible amount of emotional and for some moral burden to health professionals if this were to become legal. This obviously understandable as most professionals did not enter the health profession to kill rather to improve or maintain individual quality of life and cure diseases. The only way to avoid this burden is to set up an entire ward or centre (like abortion clinic) for those who want to die and professions who have the conscious to end patients’ lives. But that would cost even more money.

Also some patients choose to die without notifying their families. This can result in the hospital and the professions being sued and accused for murder. Court cases legal battle cost money.”

The argument can extend to those suffering from mental health. Why not? And there is extra benefit to society and them if they were to have the same choice for assistance to end their lives. The person is no longer a danger to himself and others if they were suffering mental health illnesses that resulted violent toward himself and/or others.
They too are suffering from pain but are said to lack capacity to make that decision though. Why do they lack capacity to make the decision to end their lives because of their condition? Doesn’t the individual suffering from pain, lack capacity to some extent from psychological and emotional symptoms from their condition?

“We reduces the burden on relative and families”
Counter argument:
There is a risk of mercy killings without the individual’s consent from families’ members who are heartless enough to want their money or stress free life.

Eric H
01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Ubah,

Where does God come into the arguement?

In the spirit of searching for God

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
purple
01-21-2011, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Ubah,

Where does God come into the arguement?

In the spirit of searching for God

Eric
Oh I had written that from sociological perspective. I was not sure if she wanted it from religion perspective. “Humanities” can be sociology, history or religion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!