/* */

PDA

View Full Version : some confusion regarding adjectives

nutty
01-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Assalamun alaikum...

I justed to understand somethin about adjectives...

Ar-rasulul karimu = The noble messenger - am i right?

How would u say The messenger is noble than..if the above is correct...

I know that the noun and the adjevtives have to have same ending...

Innal laha gha-forun raheemun... indeed God is forgiving, merciful 2:173

I know why the ha in Allah has a fatha because of inna..so y arnt the adjective ghaforun and raheemun got tanween fatha or sing fatha..if their are describing the noun Allah

JAzak-Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
01-21-2011, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nutty
Assalamun alaikum...
:wa:

Ar-rasulul karimu = The noble messenger - am i right?
Yes. الْرَسُولُ الكَرِيْمُ The noble Messenger. The adjective agrees with the noun with regards to presence of الْ, gender, number, and also with regards to the grammatical state.

How would u say The messenger is noble than..if the above is correct...
Ar-Rasoolu Kareemun الْرَسُولُ كَرِيْمٌ The Messenger is noble. This is a sentence with mubtada and khabr. Ar-Rasoolu is mubtada and Kareemun is khabr.

I know that the noun and the adjevtives have to have same ending...
Yes...

Innal laha gha-forun raheemun... indeed God is forgiving, merciful 2:173

I know why the ha in Allah has a fatha because of inna..so y arnt the adjective ghaforun and raheemun got tanween fatha or sing fatha..if their are describing the noun Allah
They are not adjectives. They are khabar. Any sentence that starts with Inna is a jumlah ismiyyah, and whereas a normal jumlah ismiyyah has mubtada and khabar, in a jumlah ismiyyah that starts with inna, the mubtada is instead called ismu inna, and the khabar is called khabaru inna. Because the sentence starts with inna, then Allah is called ismu inna and the ghafoorun raheemun is khabaru inna.

I hope I haven't confused things for you.

:sl:

Muhaba
01-22-2011, 12:20 PM
while normal mubtada and khabar are both marfoo (have the damma on the last letter), mubtada that comes after inna (that is, ism inna) is mansoob (has a fathha) while khabar inna remains marfoo (has a damma). so that is why in the sentence, the noun after inna has a fathha while the khabar has a damma.

to say "is more noble than" you use akram min. for example, arrasoolo akramo min an naas, the messenger is more noble than the people.
to say the most noble, you say al-akram. howa al-akram. he is the most noble.

Muhaba
01-22-2011, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

Yes. الْرَسُولُ الكَرِيْمُ The noble Messenger. The adjective agrees with the noun with regards to presence of الْ, gender, number, and also with regards to the grammatical state.

Ar-Rasoolu Kareemun الْرَسُولُ كَرِيْمٌ The Messenger is noble. This is a sentence with mubtada and khabr. Ar-Rasoolu is mubtada and Kareemun is khabr.

Yes...

They are not adjectives. They are khabar. Any sentence that starts with Inna is a jumlah ismiyyah, and whereas a normal jumlah ismiyyah has mubtada and khabar, in a jumlah ismiyyah that starts with inna, the mubtada is instead called ismu inna, and the khabar is called khabaru inna. Because the sentence starts with inna, then Allah is called ismu inna and the ghafoorun raheemun is khabaru inna.

great job! i love how you answer arabic grammar questions!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nutty
01-22-2011, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

Yes...

Jazak-Allah Sister... u made it sound so simple....May Allah bless both u sisters for ur answers... by reading both answers i ws able to understand better...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!