/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need help

Laila-
01-25-2011, 08:58 PM
What is happening to my account, I really dont understand. I try replying to other peoples post and when I click 'quick reply' a page opens up saying I cant reply coz I either not logged in, or the my account may have been disabled.
Its annoying me a lot because I was replying to one of the post, i wrote so much and when I clicked 'reply' the same page came up and I couldn't reply
Does anyone understand what is happening?
Im actually surprised I can post because before I couldn't post anything either

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Laila-
01-25-2011, 08:59 PM
I just realized I made a lot of grammer mistakes and my sentences dont make sense, sorry people

Hannah.
01-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Same thing happens to me.. possibly because we're 'limited members' ? :hmm:

Perseveranze
01-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Yeah, it's because your limited members. Just need 50 posts and it'll go away, even I'm limited in some parts (like the advice/support section), but it's intentional limits.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
01-26-2011, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Laila-
What is happening to my account, I really dont understand. I try replying to other peoples post and when I click 'quick reply' a page opens up saying I cant reply coz I either not logged in, or the my account may have been disabled.
Its annoying me a lot because I was replying to one of the post, i wrote so much and when I clicked 'reply' the same page came up and I couldn't reply
Do not use "Post Quick Reply" if you spend time to long. Use "New Reply", or "Go Advanced" (if you quote other member's post). If the system asks you to log again, just log again and the post that you have written will automatically submitted.

But if you want to make long post that spend long time. i.e one hour, it's better if you write it in notepad then copy and paste it.

Ramadhan
01-26-2011, 02:00 AM
When you log in for the first time, just click on the small "keep logged in" box. That way you don't have to keep on logging in everytime you open the forum or reply to a post.
If you are not sharing computers with others you don't have to log out after each session, but if you do, don't forget to log out after you finish your session.

Endymion
01-26-2011, 04:44 AM
Its not becoz of your grammatical mistakes neither a log in problem,Laila :) As people told you in above posts,this is becoz you are a "Limited Member".You need to hit 50 and then you will be able to post in Almost every section and links as well.This time you are even unable to quote a link posted by someone else :statisfie

I was replying to one of the post, i wrote so much and when I clicked 'reply' the same page came up and I couldn't reply
:haha:
This thing gave me a hard time but now this made me laugh :D

AabiruSabeel
01-26-2011, 08:17 AM
:sl:

I don't think the problem is because you are a Limited Member. Just make sure you tick the "remember me" check box while logging in and if you have a long reply, try to write it in notepad first and copy paste here. That will ensure that your post is not lost.
Alternatively, you can use Firefox. If something goes wrong, you can just press back and you will find your post there.

Endymion
01-26-2011, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
:sl:

I don't think the problem is because you are a Limited Member. Just make sure you tick the "remember me" check box while logging in and if you have a long reply, try to write it in notepad first and copy paste here. That will ensure that your post is not lost.
Alternatively, you can use Firefox. If something goes wrong, you can just press back and you will find your post there.
Really ^o)

But the same thing happened to me and with other members who were "Limited Members" and now i can post in other sections and can post Links after hitting 50 :hmm:

And i still cant post in Advice and Support section :embarrass

Laila-
01-26-2011, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Believe.x
Same thing happens to me.. possibly because we're 'limited members' ? :hmm:
Limited member?what do u mean, I dont understand. Tell you da truth this forum thing is kinda confusing compare to other forums

S.Belle
01-26-2011, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
And i still cant post in Advice and Support section

thats bc you have to become a member of the sisters/brothers only section you can apply only once you have reached 300 posts (for sisters) or if you can get a full member here to refer you then you can get in inshallah.

Limited member?what do u mean, I dont understand. Tell you da truth this forum thing is kinda confusing compare to other forums
you are a limited member bc you are new once you have posted 50 times you will be able to post link, pics, etc.
maybe read the Forum FAQ if you dont understand

http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php

Laila-
01-26-2011, 07:17 PM
oooooh...I kinda understand now, jazakallah for the help
And about the FAQ, I tried reading it last time but its so long, fell asleep half way, it would be so cool if they made it shorter lol
anyway thanx again

Endymion
01-27-2011, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila

thats bc you have to become a member of the sisters/brothers only section you can apply only once you have reached 300 posts (for sisters) or if you can get a full member here to refer you then you can get in inshallah.

Whaaa... :-[
What a joke :hmm: what does this advice section have to do with sisters/brothers section ^o)

Anyways,its up to you people whether to loose the oppurtunity to get my advices free or not :p

Beardo
01-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Whaaa...
What a joke what does this advice section have to do with sisters/brothers section

Anyways,its up to you people whether to loose the oppurtunity to get my advices free or not
Omgizzle, I know right? You should make another thread in protest of that rule. I would totally back you up, for whatever it's worth. I mean, I think the Advice & Support section is moderated anyway, so what's the big deal if we open it up to other members?

Endymion
01-29-2011, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Omgizzle, I know right? You should make another thread in protest of that rule. I would totally back you up, for whatever it's worth. I mean, I think the Advice & Support section is moderated anyway, so what's the big deal if we open it up to other members?
Yeah,i was thinking of creating a Protest Thread.Its not becoz of my Tunisian and Egyptian friends show me that way :D but becoz this rule looks inane to me and i disagree with a few members and mods on some points but they closed the thread and i was unable to post my comment :raging:

Beardo
01-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah,i was thinking of creating a Protest Thread.Its not becoz of my Tunisian and Egyptian friends show me that way :D but becoz this rule looks inane to me and i disagree with a few members and mods on some points but they closed the thread and i was unable to post my comment :raging:
What were the points? If it makes you feel any better, I have plenty of disagreements with the mods and admins. I consider myself the Citizens' King. Or rather, The Citizens' Admin. x)

Endymion
01-31-2011, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
What were the points? If it makes you feel any better, I have plenty of disagreements with the mods and admins. I consider myself the Citizens' King. Or rather, The Citizens' Admin. x)
Im grateful,your Majesty :D

I think you are right,we all have lots of disagreements with people here and there,i better let it go :hmm:

But i think the Mods and Admins have lots of influence in people's account,i mean,even PM's and visitor's messeges being moderated ^o) Come on people,if someone have any problem with the other member,they always have the option to "Report" that post.I wonder how much text Mods and Admins have to edit daily :hmm:
Further,that "Advice and Support" area restriction for new and even a bit old members.Come on,let people say whatever they wanna say,if you have the option to moderate those posts,and you do,then why you make them wait till 1000 posts or to be a member of "Sis/Bro Groups" ^o)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!