/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How would Islam and and a Muslim answer a person who says it is ok to drink Alcohol a

truthseeker63
01-28-2011, 01:00 AM
How would Islam and and a Muslim answer a person who says it is ok to drink Alcohol as long as you are moderate drinking as long as you don't get drunk ? I heard someone say that the idea that moderate drinking is ok is like saying doing drugs is ok as long as you don't get too high it is ok to drink as long as you don't get too drunk maybe moderate drinking leads to drunkenness.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
01-28-2011, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
How would Islam and and a Muslim answer a person who says it is ok to drink Alcohol as long as you are moderate drinking as long as you don't get drunk ? I heard someone say that the idea that moderate drinking is ok is like saying doing drugs is ok as long as you don't get too high it is ok to drink as long as you don't get too drunk maybe moderate drinking leads to drunkenness.
A Muslim would say that alcohol is forbidden because that is what God has commanded.

أبو سليمان عمر
01-28-2011, 06:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
the prophet said
"If a lot of something causes intoxication, then a little of it is haraam." [Bukhaaree/Nasaa'ee] and The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every intoxicant is khamr and every intoxicant is haraam.” Narrated by Muslim, 2003. and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, a little of it is haraam.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1865; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Abu-Abdullah
01-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Yes moderate drinking can lead to drunkeness, and in society as a whole, as can be seen now, countless people do end up abusing it and as a result, there is far more harm in society due to it's consumption then any benifit; also I think I heard that new research shows that even a bit of alcohol caused harm to the body

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IAmZamzam
01-29-2011, 01:20 AM
Have you not thought of using the Koran's own argument that while there is usefulness in intoxicants as well as ills the ills far outweigh them and therefore the activity itself would wisely be avoided altogether?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!