/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I like this story

Perseveranze
01-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

An atheist wanted to debate the Muslims and so Abu Hanifah (RA) was chosen for the job. They agreed a time and place, and when the day came, sure enough, the atheist was there in front of a crowd of peopel who had gathered to hear the debate. Imam Abu Hanifa (RA) however, was absent. They waited and waited and time passed until Imam Abu Hanifah (RA) finally arrived, very late. The athiest turned to him and said 'How dare you arrive so late?'

Imam Abu Hanifah (RA) apologised and said 'I was on my way over here but came across a forest I had never encountered before. I had to go in, but happened across a river that blocked my way. I got off my horse, looking for a way to cross when all of a sudden, a tree fell and began to cut itself of its own accord. Many more trees fell and also began to cut themselves, making planks of wood, which then assembled and formed a boat. I went onto the boat and it rowed itself across the river, after which I disembarked and came on way here, on foot. This is why i was late'.

The atheist looked at him incredulously and said 'You expect me to believe a forest that was never there before somehow appeared out of nowehere, that trees fell and formed a boat and rowed you all the way across all by themselves? Are you crazy?'

Imam Abu Hanifah (RA) 'You expect me to believe that this universe, this world, our bodies all appeared out of nowhere without a Creator? Are you crazy?'

'Uqudul Jamman fee Manaqibil Imamil A'tham Abi Hanifata An-Nu'man by Muhaddith 'Allaamah Shamsud-Din Muhammaed Ibn Yusuf Salihi Dimashqi Ash-Shafi'i
Great way to start a debate right :shade:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
01-31-2011, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Great way to start a debate right
w00t w00t! You go, Imam Abu Hanifah! Masha-Allah! AWESOME story, haha. :) Made me smile. Shows the wisdom of a true scholar. B-)

Stories like this make you wanna stand on your table and do the happy dance!

Neelofar
01-31-2011, 03:56 PM
HAHA! :D Loveeee it!!! loving the sense of humour there too! thanks for sharing that with us :D

Hannah.
01-31-2011, 04:57 PM
Haha, he got owned real bad. 8) I wonder what was his reaction..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
01-31-2011, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Believe.x
Haha, he got owned real bad. 8) I wonder what was his reaction..
That's the part I like imagining in my mind. :statisfie

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-31-2011, 10:24 PM
masha`Allaah

jazakallaahu khaair for the sharing.

SlaveOfGod
02-01-2011, 03:31 AM
:sl:

Mashallah, made me smile :) wisdom is just something else....

:wa:

~ Sabr ~
01-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Lol, MashaAllaah :-)

sis muslimah
01-26-2012, 06:23 PM
mashallah, jzk for sharing

UmmuShaheed
01-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Mashallah! ha
I also wonder what his reaction was.
;D

Txyib
01-27-2012, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Great way to start a debate right :shade:
asalam
i totally agree with you because this way he is amazed and is gob smacked and imam abu hanifah also says debate ended after saying the trees and chopped down themselves and he sat on tree and he travelled on the tree and the atheist says that's impossible............................... rest of story
wasalam
محمد طيب

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!