/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Here I try out the riddles I invent. Any volunteers?

IAmZamzam
02-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Let's start with this one, one of my proudest when it comes to the prose aspect but I'm still not sure it isn't too easy. Tell me how hard you find it.

Upon my great neck I can always be found
In nature's most wondrous diadem crowned
No heart have I, yet is my inner voice true
Though I'm known by two names I'm the same through and through
Have I but one arm; but one arm have I ought
Part of me yes it is; part of me yet it's not
Though you may have much trouble in finding the key
Still I must ask you now to identify me

Well? Is it too easy? What are your answers?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Darth Ultor
02-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Kettle/teapot?

If so...

It's 1943. A woman has to cross a bridge to escape from Germany into Switzerland. The SS Guard has orders to shoot anyone trying to cross into Switzerland and to order anyone trying to enter Germany to turn back. It takes six minutes to get across the bridge. Every three minutes, the SS Guard looks out the window in a different direction. How does the woman get across the bridge?

nightingale
02-04-2011, 04:07 AM
She goes half way and turns in the opposite direction?

Darth Ultor
02-04-2011, 11:55 AM
That is correct.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IAmZamzam
02-04-2011, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Kettle/teapot?
No. The "diadem" part would be out of place and have no apparent reference point, and a teakettle's arm is very much part of it in every way. Not too bad a guess though. Any other takers?

S.Belle
02-04-2011, 03:57 PM
goodness ive been trying to figure this out for so long
great job mashallah but this hard....
is it something obvious or do i really need to think hard
i keep thinking of a skeleton key

Endymion
02-04-2011, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
No. The "diadem" part would be out of place and have no apparent reference point, and a teakettle's arm is very much part of it in every way. Not too bad a guess though. Any other takers?
Phew.... Thanks God it was not Kettle/Teapot :p
I was about to commit suicide that i daily use this pot and i was unaware it has enough material to make a difficult riddle :embarrass

IAmZamzam
02-04-2011, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
i keep thinking of a skeleton key
Fits some of the clues but not nearly all. What inner voice does a skeleton key possess?

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I was about to commit suicide that i daily use this pot and i was unaware it has enough material to make a difficult riddle
I do believe there are several riddles I've heard with that answer, but this is not one of them.

IAmZamzam
02-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Any other takers? How long should I leave it open?

S.Belle
02-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Fits some of the clues but not nearly all. What inner voice does a skeleton key possess?

its just what keeps poppin in my head

dont tell the answer yet
but can you give hints?

Beardo
02-05-2011, 01:19 AM
Well? Is it too easy? What are your answers?
Quite the contrary. Clues!

IAmZamzam
02-05-2011, 02:25 AM
Clues defeat the purpose. How about if no one has solved it by the time the weekend is over I give the answer then?

nightingale
02-05-2011, 03:02 AM
bluetooth headset? :hiding:

IAmZamzam
02-05-2011, 03:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightingale
bluetooth headset? :hiding:
I don't even know what that is.

nightingale
02-05-2011, 03:25 AM
I don't even know what that is.
:-) in that case, I will wait for your answer. I already spent some time thinking on this, so your answer better be good.

Aprender
02-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Hmm. I tried but all of my guesses didn't fit. First I thought a bow, then a tree...but no haha. I'll wait for the answer. Good riddle, Yahya!

Dagless
02-05-2011, 10:00 AM
It's obviously a one armed sculptor (specializing in necks) who, after relocating through the witness protection program, had his heart removed by mafia henchmen not wanting him to testify. Locked in a drafty studio, and still wearing his favourite tiara, he lays draped over a giant neck... the wind howling as it passes over the hole in his chest. A deep yet tragic riddle :(

IAmZamzam
02-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Sorry I'm late. The answer is a fiddle.

Endymion
02-09-2011, 01:28 PM
The answer is a fiddle.
A fiddle :embarrass This one :hmm:

We call it Violin.Do you often play it,Yahya :hmm:

IAmZamzam
02-10-2011, 03:45 AM
No, I don't. And the riddle mentions that it's known by two names.

Chin up.

Muhammad
02-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Interesting... so how does it relate to 'nature's most wondrous diadem'?

IAmZamzam
02-19-2011, 06:09 AM
One last thing then before I go until early April (see my thread on the matter for more on that): the line is:

Upon my great neck I can always be found in nature's most wondrous diadem crowned.

This refers to the great neck of a fiddle having upon it horse hairs for strings, a horse's mane being nature's most magnificent of crowns for its creatures. (Its prehensile strength is just astounding, and it's so gorgeous, and makes wondrous music.) Make sense now?

mlleahmed
06-29-2016, 12:16 PM
stethoscope!!!!

mlleahmed
06-29-2016, 12:17 PM
oh oops! im late lol! the answer's been given already!

Muezzin
08-25-2016, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IAmZamzam
Sorry I'm late. The answer is a fiddle.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!