/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does the Quran say there other Prophets who had miracle births besides Jesus I don't

truthseeker63
02-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Does the Quran say there other Prophets who had miracle births besides Jesus I don't mean having Virgin Births.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu-Abdullah
02-07-2011, 08:46 PM
no, as far as i know, Jesus [pbuh] is the only Prophet who had a miraculous birth

there are however some reports of the Prophet muhammad's [saw] birth, which is indicative of him being a Messenger of God; it is said that his mother Aminah had a very easy birth, while the general women suffered a lot of hardship during it; also Aminah is said to have reported that when he was born, he put his head up towards the sky; also she heard a voice [from the unseen] telling her to name him Muhammad [saw]; dont know how authentic these reports are though, but they are not really that important, as there is tons of other overwhelming evidence of his Prophethood, such as the Quran that was revealed to him

Peace

ps: Jesus was backed up with so many powerful miracles by ALlah, as a Mercy to the jews, for many of the jews used to rebel agaisnt their prophets, so ALlah gave them a much better chance of salvation with accompanying Jesus [pbuh] with such powerful miracles

Abu-Abdullah
02-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Sorry, I dont think i answered your question properly

The Quran mentions of another miraculous birth; that of Adam [as] who was created without a mother and a father:

{Indeed the likeness of ‘Eesaa (Jesus) before Allaah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" – and he was. The truth from your Lord, so be not of those who doubt.} [Aal ‘Imraan: 59-60]

another miraculous [i.e out of the norms] birth was that of the first mother of mankind, Eve; she was created out of Adam's rib; but the rib part is mentioned in the hadith and not the Quran, but it is mentioned in the Quran that Eve was created from Adam [as]:

{O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawaa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women…} [An Nisaa: 1]

Al-manar
02-08-2011, 09:17 PM
yes there were other extraordinary births

Isaak

[11:69] When our messengers went to Abraham with good news, they said, "Peace." He said, "Peace," and soon brought a roasted calf.[11:70] When he saw that their hands did not touch it, he became suspicious and fearful of them. They said, "Do not be afraid, we are being dispatched to the people of Lot."[11:71]And his wife was standing (there), and she laughed: then we gave her glad tidings of Isaac, and after him, of Jacob..[11:72] She said, "Woe to me, how could I bear a child at my age, and here is my husband, an old man? This is really strange!"[11:73] They said,"Do you find it strange for GOD? GOD has bestowed His mercy and blessings upon you, O inhabitants of the shrine. He is Praiseworthy, Glorious."

Yahia

[19:2] A narration about your Lord's mercy towards His servant Zachariah.[19:3] He called his Lord, a secret call.[19:4] He said, "My Lord, the bones have turned brittle in my body, and my hair is aflame with gray. As I implore You, my Lord, I never despair.[19:5] "I worry about my dependants after me, and my wife has been sterile. Grant me, from You, an heir.[19:6] "Let him be my heir and the heir of Jacob's clan, and make him, my Lord, acceptable."[19:7] "O Zachariah, we give you good news; a boy whose name shall be John (Yahya). We never created anyone like him before."[19:8] He said, "My Lord, will I have a son despite my wife's sterility, and despite my old age?"[19:9] He said, "Thus said your Lord: `It is easy for Me to do. I created you before that, and you were nothing.' "

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MustafaMc
02-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Brother Al-manar, those 2 examples came to my mind as well. Abraham's wife over heard the angels bringing the news and she laughed at them because she thought it was impossible.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!