/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reflux Gastritis

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-11-2011, 05:05 AM
:sl:

On January 19 this year I visited a gastroenterologist and after a painful endoscopy procedure :p He found that I have Reflux Gastritis and since then I am on medication. Nexpro 2 times a day and Enzox-Forte three times a day. I used to feel inflammation in the stomach lining. -spoiler-Naq oybbq va fgbby. orpnhfr vg'f orra oynpx va pbybe ng gvzrf.-spoiler-

Reflux Gastritis I assume is same as Chronic gastritis is associated with smoking and chronic alcoholism, but I never consumed alcohol and just smoked a few times. But it may also be caused by Bile entering into stomach from the duodenum, and this is the reason in my case. But in most cases it is caused by the bacterium Helicobacter, for which I had not been tested. So I dont know whether those creatures are dwelling in my stomach or not :p

This disorder has no definite symptoms but may be liable to gastric ulcers or gastric cancer, The doc said that I have no ulcers, So does that mean I may get gastric cancer in future?

Chronic acid reflux can lead to a change of the cells in the esophagus - known as Barrett's esophagus. Barrett's esophagus is linked with esophageal cancer. If you have chronic symptoms, you may want to consider further evaluation - an upper endoscopy would be the best test to see if you have Barrett's.
- internet

So, I have higher chances of getting esophageal or gastric cancer in future.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
02-11-2011, 05:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
Reflux Gastritis I assume is same as Chronic gastritis is associated with smoking and chronic alcoholism, but I never consumed alcohol or smoked except for a very few times.
those aren't the reasons for your problems although they can exacerbate your problem..
if you're over weight I suggest you lose some weight, sometimes the problem goes away just by losing 10% of your body weight, not eating late at night and not sleeping right after eating.. the problem is at the juncture between your stomach and esophagus more mechanical than anything if you can visualize it.
Stick with your current therapy and Allah swt will grant you shifaa

:w:

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-11-2011, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

those aren't the reasons for your problems although they can exacerbate your problem..
if you're over weight I suggest you lose some weight, sometimes the problem goes away just by losing 10% of your body weight, not eating late at night and not sleeping right after eating.. the problem is at the juncture between your stomach and esophagus more mechanical than anything if you can visualize it.
Stick with your current therapy and Allah swt will grant you shifaa

<_< I am underweight. My mom believes that due to this disorder I am not gaining weight, however I didn't ask the doc about it, I'll see the doc in a day or two

جوري
02-11-2011, 05:14 AM
I am underweight. My mom believes that due to this disorder I am not gaining weight, however I didn't ask the doc about it, I'll see the doc in a day or two
ok.. here watch this video it will give you a picture of what goes on.. but obviously you're too young for a nissen!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
02-11-2011, 05:15 AM
eidt please delete

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-11-2011, 05:21 AM

ok.. here watch this video it will give you a picture of what goes on.. but obviously you're too young for a nissen!

Wow! that was interesting. :)

Cabdullahi
02-11-2011, 07:33 AM
you drank alcohol and smoked a few times

:'(

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-11-2011, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
you drank alcohol and smoked a few times

:'(
LOL, Abdullahii. No, I haven't drank alcohol, though some suggest me to have beer to gain weight...:p

ardianto
02-11-2011, 09:35 AM

LOL, Abdullahii. No, I haven't drank alcohol, though some suggest me to have beer to gain weight...:p
Drink beer to gain weight ?

You will not get a muscular body but only a big belly !

StudentIII
02-12-2011, 04:26 PM
GERD predisposes you to esophageal adenocarcinoma not gastric cancer. If the doctor suspected you had H. Pylori he would've tested you, it's a very simple breath analyzing test.

جوري
02-12-2011, 04:58 PM
people can get intestinal lymphoma called 'Maltoma' that would respond to H-Pylori therapy.. anyway.. people always think cancer when they're 17.. give me a break.
common things are common, rare things are rare.. please stop writing me PMs about your alleged cancer symptoms.. you guys know who you're .. treatment is simple really.. just do as I recommended above for now.. don't eat before bed and don't lie down quickly after eating.. that should resolve the problem.. unless you've a hernia in which case I still recommend the same thing...

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Anyways, guys, I am not concerned about my situation anymore. I am under medication for more 25 days.
format_quote Originally Posted by StudentIII
GERD predisposes you to esophageal adenocarcinoma not gastric cancer. If the doctor suspected you had H. Pylori he would've tested you, it's a very simple breath analyzing test.
He said that if the situation doesn't seem to improve he'll test for helicobacter...

people can get intestinal lymphoma called 'Maltoma' that would respond to H-Pylori therapy.. anyway.. people always think cancer when they're 17.. give me a break.
For God's sake I am not 17 or so...
common things are common, rare things are rare.. please stop writing me PMs about your alleged cancer symptoms.. you guys know who you're .. treatment is simple really.. just do as I recommended above for now.. don't eat before bed and don't lie down quickly after eating.. that should resolve the problem.. unless you've a hernia in which case I still recommend the same thing...

And everyone else should know that I didn't PM her and bugged her...lol

جوري
02-13-2011, 02:07 AM
And everyone else should know that I didn't PM her and bugged her...lol

lol.. I wasn't suggesting you.. hence I said you guys know who you're!

CosmicPathos
02-16-2011, 03:09 PM
oh man ................

Salahudeen
02-16-2011, 03:21 PM
I had this a while back, I found exercising and chewing my food into really small pieces so that it goes down as virtually liquid helped me, also not eating before bed time helped. I all ways have to make sure my food is digested before I go to sleep otherwise I get chest pains when I lie down. I stop eating 2-3 hours before bed time now, as a result I noticed that I feel alot better when I wake up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!