/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Repentence Of A Bedouin, After Hearing A Verse Of The Qur'an

Danah
02-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Al-Thaâlabi said, and Abul-Qassim Al-Hassan ibn Muhammad ibnul-Hassan ibn Jaâfar Al-Mudhakkar narrated: Al-Hakem Abu Muhammad Yahya Ibnu Mansour narrated : Abu Rajaa' Muhammad ibn Ahmad Al-Qadhi narrated: Abul-Fadhl Al-Abbas ibn Abil-Faraj Ar-Riashi Said : I heard Al-Asmaâi saying:

One day, I went out the mosque in Basra. While I was walking in one of its pathways, a gross and crude bedouin suddenly appeared, riding his camel, wearing his sword, and holding an arc in his hand. He approached me, saluted, and asked me : "Where are you from ?", I said : "From Banil-Asmaâ". He said : "You're Al-Asmaâi ?", I said :"Yes", he said : "And from where do you come out ?", I said : "From a place where the words of Ar-Rahman(The All-Beneficent, Allah) are recited". He said : "And does Ar-Rahman have words that humans can recite ?", I said : "Yes!", He said : "Recite some from it !". So I said : "Descend from your camel".
So he descended, and I started to recite surat Adh-Dhariyat. And when I reached the verse :
"وفي السماء رزقكم وما توعدون" (And in the heaven is your provisionand whatever you are promised) [Adh-Dhariyat:22]

He said : "O Asmaâi ! Is that really the word of Ar-Rahman ?", I said "Yes! I swear by the One (Allah) who truly sent Muhammad (with the truth), It's His word ! and He revealed it to His prophet Muhammad peace be upon him".He said : "That's sufficient."

And he went to his camel, and slaughtered it. Then he hashed it without even flaying it. And he said to me : "Help me to distribute it". So we distributed it all to every coming or going person. Then he took his sword and his arc and broke them, and put them under the saddle. And he turned out and went back to the country, saying : "وفي السماءرزقكم وما توعدون" (And in the heaven is your provision and whatever you arepromised) [Adh-Dhariyat:22]

So I came back blaming myself, and I said to myself : "You didn't notice before, what the bedouin just understood!"

And when I went to Hajj with Ar-Rasheed, I entered Makka. While I was turning around the Kaâba, I heard a little voice calling me. So I turned, and It was the same bedouin, but he became very skinny and pale. He saluted me, and took my hand and made me sit behind the Maqam (the place of Ibrahim peace be upon him). And he said to me: "Recite the words of Ar-Rahmaan."
So I started to recite surat Adh-Dhariyat, and again, when I came to the verse:
"وفي السماء رزقكم وما توعدون" (And in the heaven is your provisionand whatever you are promised) [Adh-Dhariyat:22]
The bedouin shouted : "Indeed we found what God promised us !", and then he asked : "Is there something else ?", I said : "Yes, Allah Almighty says":
"فورب السماء والأرض إنه لحق مثل ما أنكم تنطقون" (Then, by the Lord of the heaven and the earth, it is the truth, just asit is the truth that you can speak) [Adh-Dhariyat:23]

So the bedouin shouted : "O! SubhanAllah ! (Glory to Allah!) Who dare to anger Allah (The Majestic) so He had to swear ? Did they not believe Him, so they made him take an oath ? !"

He said that three times and he breathed his last.

Translated from "The book of Repentants" for Ibn Qudamah (May Allah have mercy on him)

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
02-13-2011, 11:28 PM
may Allaah reward you

what a breathtaking event.

subhanAllah you dont know how grateful i am to you for sharing

Danah
02-14-2011, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
may Allaah reward you

what a breathtaking event.

subhanAllah you dont know how grateful i am to you for sharing
JazakAllah khair. If you can read Arabic then I strongly recommend reading the book that the story was taken from, At-Tawaben ( the book of the repentants) you can find it here. It has stories about those who repented.

I have posted some translated stories of that book here & here. I will post some more in the future inshaAllah.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Jazakallaahu Khaair that was amazing!

may Allaah ta'laa reward you Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!