/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What made the Prophet pbbuh angry?

Flame of Hope
02-17-2011, 07:08 PM
:sl:

I read somewhere that the Prophet pbbuh got angry with his wives (I don't know who those wives were). People were afraid that he had divorced them. But he had simply chosen to stay away from them for a month or something like that. I was wondering. Does anyone know what made the Prophet pbbuh angry and so displeased?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
02-17-2011, 10:12 PM
:salamext:

The wives of Allah's Messenger were asking for wealth, which the Messenger of Allah did not have.

see for more details;
http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=33&tid=41571

The basic lesson Muslim women can learn from it is
; Do not ask your husband for too much worldly items beyond necessity, because this is a common trend in women - to ask for unnecessary wealth, even if her husband doesn't have it. And when he doesn't give it to her, she complains.

This puts alot of pressure on the husband, and he feels dissatisfied with her (that she is ungrateful to him.) And this can lead to marriage breakups. Something which Islam dislikes alot.

Flame of Hope
02-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Jazakallahu khair for this valuable information brother. Is there somewhere that I can get more details on this matter? I heard that the displeasure of the Prophet pbbuh was so great that he stayed away from his wives for one month? Were all his wives demanding wealth?

- Qatada -
02-17-2011, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
Jazakallahu khair for this valuable information brother. Is there somewhere that I can get more details on this matter? I heard that the displeasure of the Prophet pbbuh was so great that he stayed away from his wives for one month? Were all his wives demanding wealth?

I think it was mainly Aisha and Hafsa, they were the younger wives aswell (so one can imagine why they were more inclined to wealth.)

But we say nothing but good about them. See the link i posted on the above post; http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=33&tid=41571

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flame of Hope
02-17-2011, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
I think it was mainly Aisha and Hafsa, they were the younger wives aswell (so one can imagine why they were more inclined to wealth.)

But we say nothing but good about them.
Jazakallahu khair again brother. Of course we say and think of nothing but the best for the wives of the Prophet pbbuh. I only asked because I wanted to gain a better understanding of the situation. The wives of the Prophet pbbuh had to follow a higher standard and expectations from them were higher; still they were human and had their weaknesses, alhamdulillah. It helps me to understand what they must have gone through and also to help me understand what Allah and His Messenger pbbuh expect from a believing woman.

tigerkhan
02-18-2011, 11:24 AM
OMG y r u writing in this way. also Y u have not used Radiallah Oh Hunha for both the mothers of believers.....YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ????
2ndly let me tell u one thing about suhaba RA.
once prophet PBUH gave one Suhabi RA the duty as guard for a night. He wake all the night and in fajar time he slept and missed fajar. prophet PBUH said that (plz its not exact translation) Allah swt has made u slept bcz Allah SWT want to show the rest of umma coming b4 u what would be their action if such happened to them. So brother ALWAYS keep in mind if there was some mistake by suhaba RA, we NEVER consider them as mistake, bcz Allah SWT has forgive them. we will make this husn-e-dhun that this happened by them bcz ALLAH SWT want to show what we will do if such happened to us.
2ndly by ur post some may got impression Prophet PBUH was not a good husband OR their wives were not good wives. astaghfirulah. however y dont u had mentioned here that prophet PBUH was so kind and loving with their wives, they used to help them in house works, never get angry with them, soooo kind sooo loving...no1 can be like HIM...Y u forgot this here.…..?
also to the OP; sister u know if some husband for whole his life never talk in rude manner to his wives, he is so kind loving caring, then surely if her wives ask for more, only a sensitive person can feel his grief. u think how much he will be hurt...so dont think that Prphet PBUH was strict or stuff like that. Yes He PBUH was in grief so He used to stay alone in seprate room and since he was hurt that time so don’t used to talk with his companions, so some spread this rumor that He has divorced all his wives. However there was nothing such happened.
secondly never think by this that wives of prophet PBUH were not good. Or this that Hazrat Hafsa RA and Hazrat Aysha RA was younger than others so they made that mistake, obviously this was time after battle of khyber, so both will be not as young that time as that man has mentioned. thats so so annoying.
Infact this happened after the conquest of Khyber. so due to money and property they got by winning the battle of Khyber, most of mulims suhaba RA get a bit relief from what hardships they were passing with b4 that conquest, so they come into bit prosperity. by seeing these ppl, wives of prophet PBUH think that they should also say to prophet PBUH that now ALLAH SWT had given much wealth to Muslims so we shuld also bit change our condition. they had not asked for much worldly things, but since they are the wives of prophet PBUH, so ALLAH SWT didnot like this and an aya was sent on Prophet PBUH that if she wants worldly things, then they should leave U bcz Prophet PBUH didnt want much worldly things but what is intense need. when the wives of prophet PBUH heard this, they repent much and they say we are happy with Prophet PBUH and we dont want much worldly things.
so now u think, actually its a lesson for US, we muslims, who are now a days keeping islam and ALLAH SWT aside and just running for this temporary dunia. this was for us that we bro and sisters learn from this that Our beloved Prophet PBUH and our Beloved Mothers has passed life with containment so we also low our desires for dania, be happy with what Allah SWT had given to us and worship HIM with happiness and shukar.

sherz_umr
02-18-2011, 03:09 PM
i thnk its that time he stayed with maria,the coptic? christian slave..his wives got vry angry..and he was so upset that instd of getting angry at them..he stayd away from them 4 about a month..im nt sure.

- Qatada -
02-18-2011, 04:08 PM

Brother tigerkhan, you're right. I should have said; Radhiy Allahu 'anhuma. And I didn't intend to disrespect them, sorry if it seemed that way.

My comparison of Hafsa and Aa'isha (radhiy Allahu 'anhuma) was between them and the other wives of Allah's Messenger (sal Allah alayhi wasalam.) They were more youthful and would make jokes with Allah's Messenger (sal Allahu alayhi wasalam), whereas the other wives were older and more serious.

AabiruSabeel
02-18-2011, 07:57 PM
:sl:

Here's the complete story scanned from the well known book, Hayatus Sahabah (The Lives of the Sahabah) RadhiyAllahu 'Anhum ajma'een

Flame of Hope
02-18-2011, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Here's the complete story scanned from the well known book, Hayatus Sahabah (The Lives of the Sahabah) RadhiyAllahu 'Anhum ajma'een (Books you must have read!)
Jazakallahu khair for this detailed answer to my question brother. It has helped me to understand the situation that existed during that time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!