/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about Islam

Brother S
02-23-2011, 08:10 AM
importance of the present life and life after Death

Is it that this life shapes the next so first one is harder and more important because it is a life full of test and trials. I would like an indepth view please, so any relevant quote and Hadith would be useful.

Islamic beliefs about death and beyond:

Is it that we all will be judged then go to either heaven or hell? I would like an indepth view please, so any relevant quote and Hadith would be useful.

JZK

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
02-23-2011, 08:39 AM
:salamext:

check this section bro :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/hereafter/

StudentIII
02-23-2011, 06:45 PM
There is a video series by Sheik Hamza Yusuf that I think has the answer to some of your questions.

I cannot post videos yet because I'm a new user, but try searching "The Lives of Man Hamza Yusuf" on youtube. It's a 16 part lecture.

abjad
02-25-2011, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother S
importance of the present life and life after Death

Is it that this life shapes the next so first one is harder and more important because it is a life full of test and trials. I would like an indepth view please, so any relevant quote and Hadith would be useful.

Islamic beliefs about death and beyond:

Is it that we all will be judged then go to either heaven or hell? I would like an indepth view please, so any relevant quote and Hadith would be useful.

JZK
(18:7) The fact is that whatsoever is on the earth, We have made it as its adornment so that we may test the people as to which of them does best deeds.

(18:8) In the end, We will turn all that is in it into a bare plain. *5

*5 V. 6 was addressed to the Holy Prophet, but vv. 7-8 have been directed to the disbelievers indirectly, as if to say,

"You must understand it clearly that all the things that you see in the world and which allure you, are a transitory adornment which has been arranged merely to test you, but it is a pity that you have been involved in the misunderstanding that all these things have been created to cater for your pleasure and enjoyment. That is why the only aim and object of life you have set before you is: "Eat, drink and be merry.."

As a result of this you do not pay any attention to your true and real well-wisher. You must understand it well that these things have not been provided for pleasure but are actually a means of testing you. You have been placed among them to see which of you is allured by these from the real aim of life and which of you keeps steadfast in the worship of Allah, for which you have been sent to the world. All these things and means of pleasure shall come to an end on the Day your examination is over and nothing will remain on the earth because it will be turned into a bare plain."

http://www.tafheem.net/tafheem.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!