/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The happiness of the son of Adam depends on his being content wid the decree of Allah

Salahudeen
02-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Happiness Depends on Contentment with Qadar

The happiness of the son of Adam depends on his being content with what Allah has decreed for him, and the misery of the son of Adam results from his failure to pray istikhaarah, and the misery of the son of Adam results from in his discontent with what Allah has decreed for him. Hadith - al-Tirmidhi # 2151. [Classed as saheeh by al-Haakim, 1/699, and al-Dhahabi agreed with him. It was classed as hasan by al-Haafiz ibn Hajar in Fath al-Baari, 11/184]

This is a very deep hadith I think, you will never be happy unless you are content and pleased with what you have. Does anyone know where I can find further elaboration on this hadith? I think alot of unhappyness that people feel is because they are not content and pleased with what Allah has given them, if they were given something good by Allah they should be content and pleased. If someone could post an explanation of this hadith it would be great jazakallah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
02-26-2011, 01:50 AM
bump,s I'd really love to find explanations of hadith from scholar's, particularly this one, where can I find such a resources please? :p

Reflections
02-26-2011, 04:10 AM
SubhanAllah..What a reminder that is...

QaddarAllahu wa ma shaa'a fa'al

Sorry brother don't know anywhere online for the explaination for this hadeeth, might have something in my notes somewhere which I will have to dig up..

selsebil
02-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

I'll try to explain in the view of Risale-i Nur by Bediuzzaman Said Nursi.(Being content with what Allah has decreed for us) :

"When making a precious bejewelled and embroidered garment, a skilful craftsman employs a poor man in return for a commensurate wage. In order to display his skill and art, he dresses the poor man in the garment, then measures it and cuts it, and lengthens and shortens it, and making the man sit down and stand up, he gives it various forms. So does the wretched man have the right to say to the craftsman: “Why are you interfering with this garment which makes me beautiful, and altering and changing it? Why are you making me stand up and sit down, disturbing me and causing me trouble?”

In exactly the same way, in order to display the perfections of His art through the embroideries of His Names, the All-Glorious Maker takes the essential nature of every sort of being as a model, then He clothes them all and especially living creatures in the garment of a body be-jewelled with senses, and inscribes it with the pen of Divine Decree and Determining; thus demonstrating the manifestation of His Names. In addition, He gives to every being a perfection, a pleasure, an effulgence, in a way suitable to it and as a wage.

Has then anything the right to say to the All-Glorious Maker, Who manifests the meaning of, the Lord of All Dominion has free disposal over His realms as He wishes: “You are giving me trouble and disturbing me.”? Hasha ! (Allah forbid) In no way do beings have any rights before the Necessarily Existent One, nor can they claim them; their right is to carry out through offering thanks and praise, what is required by the degree of existence He has given them. For all the degrees of existence that are given are occurrences, and each requires a cause. Degrees which are not given are possibilities, and possibilities are non-existent as well as being infinite. As for instances of non-existence, they do not require a cause. For example, minerals cannot say: “Why weren’t we plants?”; they cannot complain. Their right, since they have received mineral existence, is to offer thanks to their Creator. And plants may not complain asking why they were not animals; their right is to offer thanks, since they have received life as well as existence. As for animals, they may not complain that they are not humans; the right over them rather, since they have been given the precious substance of spirit in addition to life and existence, is to offer thanks. And so on.

O complaining man! You did not remain non-existent; you were clothed in the bounty of existence. You tasted life; you did not remain inanimate, nor become an animal. You received the bounty of Islam; you did not remain in misguidance. You have experienced the bounties of good health and well-being!

O ungrateful one! Where did you win the right not to offer thanks in return for the degrees of existence which Almighty Allah has given you and are pure bounty. How is it that because exalted bounties which are contingencies and non-existent and which you do not deserve have not been given you, you complain about Almighty Allah with meaningless greed, ungrateful for the bounties you have received? If a man rises to an exalted degree like climbing to the top of a minaret and finds a high station, and on every step receives a large bounty, then does not thank the one who gave him the bounties and complainingly asks why he could not have risen higher than the minaret, how wrong he would be, what an ungrateful denial of the bounties, what great foolishness it would be; as even a lunatic would understand."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!