/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When Boys Become Men

Beardo
03-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Source: http://invalidtruth.com/blog/daily-b...ys-become-men/

I'd really appreciate if you guys would comment on the blog itself. It'll also make more sense when you read the entire thing. Here's an excerpt:

Scientifically, an adult is someone who has reached puberty. Before the ongoing Industrial and Scientific Revolutions since the past two or three centuries, teens (aka adults / young adults) would have already found a career path, job, and much more.

But nowadays… There are more children than adults in this world, disregarding their numeral age. Adults who slouch, who consider themselves incessant individuals, who never consider themselves responsible for their actions, who complain without personal effort, who feel that the world is conspiring against them, who feel that the world revolves around them, who joke about sexism or racism, ADULTS who belittle those with less fortune and resent those with more fortune. The materialistic mentality remains with them from the cradle to the grave.

My deed, now that I think of it, was small. And it probably had an even smaller impact on the receiver. But I’m hoping it to be a milestone, a stepping stone for my future. Perhaps even our future through this writer-reader relationship.
Kay, Jazax guys! :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
03-04-2011, 04:22 PM
whaat .... i was never a boy, always a man. even as a baby.

Zuzubu
03-04-2011, 06:14 PM
I agree that an adult is someone who reached puberty, and an completed adult is one who is married, and has some kind of salary or householding. As marriage is half the deen. =)

R Khan
03-04-2011, 06:18 PM
A boy becomes a man when he grows his beard. I grew mine when I was 4, so I was a man a long time ago.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
03-12-2011, 10:05 AM
I am still a boy...

Ali Mujahidin
03-12-2011, 02:52 PM
When a boy reaches the age of akil baligh, he shoulders full responsibility for his actions, so I suppose that is when he becomes a man.

MartyrX
03-12-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm 31 and still can't grow a beard, I guess I'm still a boy?

Anyways. I think as teenagers we aren't men yet, but are on the way. I think you have way too much growing up to do during those teen years. I don't think you're a complete man until you have better control of your emotions and your thoughts.

Beardo
03-12-2011, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
I'm 31 and still can't grow a beard, I guess I'm still a boy?

Anyways. I think as teenagers we aren't men yet, but are on the way. I think you have way too much growing up to do during those teen years. I don't think you're a complete man until you have better control of your emotions and your thoughts.
lol, I'm a teenager and I have a full beard - yet, I still play with Legos! So don't worry about the facial hair. :P

You know, though, in the past, teenagers would have their own families, lol. But yeah, we may make fun of women for being fickle, but the teenage mind is just as indecisive.

Samiun
03-13-2011, 01:07 PM
:sl: another good blog wrote by you Rashad! Hey have you ever think that sometimes being a leader makes you scared of it's responsibilities?

Beardo
03-15-2011, 01:33 PM
By 'man,' I was referring to a more spiritual sense... Not the physical sense (ie puberty)

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-15-2011, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
By 'man,' I was referring to a more spiritual sense... Not the physical sense (ie puberty)
Even in this sense I am still a boy...:p

Beardo
03-17-2011, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid

Even in this sense I am still a boy...:p
Go see a doctor ASAP.

Ali Mujahidin
03-18-2011, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
Go see a doctor ASAP.

lol I think he's talking about being a boy in the spiritual sense. In which case, I strongly suggest that he gets married ASAP. Very few things in this world test our iman as much as a wife.

Beardo
03-18-2011, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan
lol I think he's talking about being a boy in the spiritual sense. In which case, I strongly suggest that he gets married ASAP. Very few things in this world test our iman as much as a wife.
Thank God, lol. And well, marriage is the wonderful solution for every single Muslim lol

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-18-2011, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo

Thank God, lol. And well, marriage is the wonderful solution for every single Muslim lol
I am ready to undergo that medication...hehe In fact I want to...hehe

Ali Mujahidin
03-19-2011, 02:40 AM
I had a student from Saudi Arabia who told me how his people viewed marriage. He said they consider marriage to be a bottle full of bitter medicine with a very, very thin layer of honey on top. Something to think about isn't it?

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-19-2011, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
he said they consider marriage to be a bottle full of bitter medicine with a very, very thin layer of honey on top.
haha...;d;d;d;d

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!