/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sex

Xander
03-12-2011, 06:09 AM
In Islam, what are the views about sex? It is like the Christian world view where it should only be within marriage?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazalah
03-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Sex outside marriage is haraam. Sex within marriage is an act of worship. :)

Aprender
03-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Yes. It should only be within marriage.

Ramadhan
03-13-2011, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by
In Islam, what are the views about sex? It is like the Christian world view where it should only be within marriage?
Sex is lawful only within marrriage.

But are you sure christians view sex only within marriage?
Last time I checked most christians have sex before marriage and have extramarital affairs. Not only that, even practicing homosexuals become priests and homosexuals have sexual union blessings in churches.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
03-13-2011, 02:40 PM
yes any form of male/female relationship should strictly be within marriage yes.

Perseveranze
03-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Peace,

Yes, you can only do it within Marraige.

Zuzubu
03-13-2011, 08:24 PM
yes after marriage, and not anal.

That's the simplest way of saying it, brother...

Khalil_Allah
03-14-2011, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
This is probably the best answer. Zinnah, or any sex outside of marriage, and other sexual acts of any kind are strictly forbidden and you must repent from them. Yet in marriage, sex and satisfying your spouse's desires are a form of worship and charity.

SubhanAllah

Xander
03-15-2011, 04:24 AM
What is Haraam?

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

Sex is lawful only within marrriage.

Last time I checked most christians have sex before marriage and have extramarital affairs. Not only that, even practicing homosexuals become priests and homosexuals have sexual union blessings in churches.
Christian view of sex should be only be within a heterosexual marriage. Many Christians, in my humble opinion, harm the Christian view by committing adultery.

Ali Mujahidin
03-15-2011, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by
What is Haraam?

Haraam refers to things or activities which are forbidden in Islam. Halal is the opposite of haraam.

Human_Being
03-15-2011, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Xander
What is Haraam?
Haraam means it's strictly forbidden, bruv.

Futuwwa
04-30-2011, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't quite call it worship, but it's a good deed certainly if done to please your spouse.

ayesha.ansari
05-20-2011, 05:12 AM
Yes Xander its only legal and allow or you can say permissible after marriage. Before marriage you could not even think of it. If you commit such sin then Hell fire is waiting for you.

Considering
05-27-2011, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
Last time I checked most christians have sex before marriage and have extramarital affairs.
You can't judge a religion by the weaknesses of its followers. There are many faithful Christians and there are many Christians who have weaknesses.

To the OP, one difference I have noticed is that while both Christianity and Islam only permit sex in a married relationship, their attitude towards it is very different. To quote Abdal Hakim Murad (a Cambridge scholar), "In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise."

Mungling
05-29-2011, 12:12 PM
With regards to Islam and sex, are there the same restrictions that would apply to a Catholic and sex? That is to say that in addition to the previously mentioned conditions mentioned conditions there are some further restrictions. Catholics, for example, believe that sex must be open to life (and consequently should not use contraceptives). Do Muslims have any similar restrictions?

al yunan
05-30-2011, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mungling
Catholics, for example, believe that sex must be open to life (and consequently should not use contraceptives). Do Muslims have any similar restrictions?

Salam brother,

Basically the same, no contraception and no abortions.
How ever health and preservation of life has precedence over principle of the law (Shariah).
Life as in the church is preordained / predestined as mentioned in our 6th article of faith

The basic difference with the church and Islam is that the church issues ordinances by Papal decree (which the church holds as divinely inspired) where as Muslims follow divine Decree and ordinances with Divinely inspired Prophetic clarifications.

Masalam

Riana17
05-31-2011, 08:27 AM
Salam

I didnt immediately understand before that sex within the marriage is an act of worship.
I was like whattt???
But now its clear to me, alhamdollelah

When we do anything "halal" we will be rewarded

and besides if romance within the marriage is encouraged like that, the relations will be stronger and the couple will not have a chance to look for that outside the marriage ;)

Allah knows best.

Futuwwa
05-31-2011, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
Salam brother,

How ever health and preservation of life has precedence over principle of the law (Shariah).
Life as in the church is preordained / predestined as mentioned in our 6th article of faith

The basic difference with the church and Islam is that the church issues ordinances by Papal decree (which the church holds as divinely inspired) where as Muslims follow divine Decree and ordinances with Divinely inspired Prophetic clarifications.

Masalam
What is your basis for asserting that contraception is un-Islamic?

Mungling
05-31-2011, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
Salam brother,

Masalam
Good answer. I'm a little surprised about the abortion issue. I was under the impression that Muslims did not believe that one possessed a soul at the moment of conception, rather that soul comes later (the number I'm thinking of is somewhere around three months), but I suppose I was mistaken. The contraception issue was completely new to me. It's a shame the Church and followers of Islam cannot combine their efforts on both issues.

Although in the case of the Church's position on the particular issues mentioned, I would hold that these teaching are derived, and gain their authority, from Scripture, not the Magisterium. That is to say, although the teaching itself has been reaffirmed (and sometimes expounded upon) by the Magisterium, the doctrine itself (at least Church would hold) is also due to Divine decree. I suppose that might be me splitting hairs though. Thank you again for the response.

Riana17
06-06-2011, 01:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
What is your basis for asserting that contraception is un-Islamic?
salam

Contraception / Condom are not forbidden in Islam

Islam is flexible religion, it can be adjustable to situation (but not changeable)
My fellow Muslim is endorsing usage of condom (national tv)

MANY people criticized him esp the christians
& I support him, first of all, he isnt wearing it, second thing he didnt tell to use to anyone but your wife

if you are in situation where you cant have a child (financial reason etc) & you dont have good control , condom is the best option
as for the pills, its okay to use as long as it is not dangerous to someone's health

if it is harram it wouldnt be sold in Islamic countries (the very 1st to ban them, but they are indeed abundant even in the supermarket)

salam

Mister Agenda
06-10-2011, 06:44 PM
My Somali Bantu friends have an attitude that they shouldn't do anything but accept the will of Allah when it comes to conception. Having a lot of children makes sense for farmers in a poor country, children are a help, you rely on them to care for you in old age, and so many die that you need to have more to make sure enough grow up to do so and carry on your family line. However, in an industrial nation like the USA, having many children means spreading your resources thinly so each of them has less of a chance to be successful (go to a good college, for instance) while the children don't contribute much to the economic well-being of their families and there are provisions for retirement so you don't have to be supported by your children in old age, and almost all children born live to grow up. Large families with more than five children are often poor families, here.

What is sensible and practical in the first circumstance is not so in the second. Would they be in violation of Islam to adopt the usual American practice of contraception to manage the size of their families?

Ramadhan
06-13-2011, 05:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mister Agenda
My Somali Bantu friends have an attitude that they shouldn't do anything but accept the will of Allah when it comes to conception. Having a lot of children makes sense for farmers in a poor country, children are a help, you rely on them to care for you in old age, and so many die that you need to have more to make sure enough grow up to do so and carry on your family line. However, in an industrial nation like the USA, having many children means spreading your resources thinly so each of them has less of a chance to be successful (go to a good college, for instance) while the children don't contribute much to the economic well-being of their families and there are provisions for retirement so you don't have to be supported by your children in old age, and almost all children born live to grow up. Large families with more than five children are often poor families, here. What is sensible and practical in the first circumstance is not so in the second. Would they be in violation of Islam to adopt the usual American practice of contraception to manage the size of their families?
From http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/Contraception.htm
by Mufti Ebrahim Desai Q: Are contraceptives permissible?

A: All forms of reversible contraception (e.g. condoms, IUD, etc.) are permissible on condition that it is not used out of fear of poverty and also that it is consensual between husband and wife.

Hadhrat Abu Saéed Khudhry (RA) reports that one person asked Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) about Azal (Coitus Interruptus). Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) replied, 'When Allah Taãla intends creating a child, nothing can stop him.' (Mishkãt pg. 275; Qadeemi)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

From http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/587/contraception
Permissibility of contraception
Is contraception allowed ?

Al-hamdu lillaah.
Contraception is permitted under the following conditions:
Mutual agreement of both husband and wife. It does not cause harm. It is not be practiced on a permanent basis, but rather for a temporary period (such as two years until the breastfeeding of the current baby is completed, for example).

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Futuwwa
06-13-2011, 08:15 PM
An interesting feature on family planning and clerical influence in Yemen: http://www.wluml.org/node/3573

Mister Agenda
06-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Thank you, Ramadhan, that was particularly informative! I have had the same thought myself: If Allah wants someone to conceive, contraception won't stop it! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!