/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Clothings of the wives of Rasullullah (saw)

Zuzubu
03-13-2011, 08:45 PM
:sl:

How did they cloth themselves? is it true they wear Burqa?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Well according to many hadeeth and also ayah of the Qur'aan, yes! But insha'Allaah someone can elaborate. As far as i know someone more knowledgeable can explain the topic in full. Insha'Allaah someone knowledgeable can explain.

Here are a few ayah from the Qur'aan:

"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful". [Al-Qur'aan surah Noor ayah 31]

"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e.screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever OftForgiving, Most Merciful" [Al-Qur'aan surah Al-Ahzaab ayah 59]

There are many more.

.. peace ..

Zuzubu
04-02-2011, 04:28 PM
W/salam. =)

Thanks many people say that the Qur'an dosn't tell women about hijaab, but that is not true. Many politicians in Denmark says that Islam and hijaab has no common, like Naser Khader.

But you didn't tell me if they wear burqa or hijaab? I wanna know exactly how they wore it.

Little_Lion
04-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Please excuse that I do not have references available, I'm trying to find the sources. But I read a very good thread once on another board with a lot of evidence that said that the wives of the Prophet (saw) spoke from behind a curtain to guests while in their residences, and this became interpreted by some that they wore the burqa; but when out in public, they wore either hijab or niqab (evidences were posted for both). I'll try to find it and relay it here, insha'Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-02-2011, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
W/salam. =)

Thanks many people say that the Qur'an dosn't tell women about hijaab, but that is not true. Many politicians in Denmark says that Islam and hijaab has no common, like Naser Khader.

But you didn't tell me if they wear burqa or hijaab? I wanna know exactly how they wore it.
Assalaamu Alaaykum

The wives of the prophet (pbuh) wore the Burqa/Abaya and the Hijaab and Niqaab.

The Qur'aanic ayah i posted shows very well the type of Hijaab Allaah commanded any muslim women to wear.

"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful". [Al-Qur'aan surah Noor ayah 31]

If you read the verse carefully you will understand. basically the women showed their beauty to those commanded by in this verse.
The dresses covered them from head to toe, where they wouldnt display themselves to those who they shouldnt.

There are many hadeeth regarding this, where the women would attend the Mosque for prayers, and would return home and not being recognised i.e. they were covered from head to toe. insha'Allaah someone can provide you with them.

I hope some of that explains 'how' they wore it, if not feel free to ask insha'Allaah.

.. peace ..

purple
04-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Some people believe you don’t have to cover the face. You make it sound as if those who believe so are wrong.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

My posted was intended to show that the Covering of Women is commanded by Allaah, however, covering of the face seems to be mentioned in various narrations including the commentary of the verses i posted.

It is not something we believe or something others dont believe, it is what is mentioned in the Qur'aan and sunnah.

Also as far as i am aware covering of the face is something recommended by scholors, some say it is Waajib and some say it is Mushtahab meaning recommended.

But i do hope if i am incorrect someone please correct me insha'Allaah

ayesha.ansari
05-16-2011, 05:37 AM
Yes zuzubu they wear chadar a big cloth to wrap them self to save from other eyesight. Well one thing is their which makes me very confuse about hijab or niqab is IF niqab cover of face is recommended then why women going for Haj at ALLAH home do not cover their faces Is that obligatory or not.

Ramadhan
07-02-2011, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayesha.ansari
why women going for Haj at ALLAH home do not cover their faces Is that obligatory or not.
Women who are doing tawaf as part of umrah or hajj are not allowed to cover their face. It is part of rukun.

Innocent Soul
07-03-2011, 01:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayesha.ansari
IF niqab cover of face is recommended then why women going for Haj at ALLAH home do not cover their faces Is that obligatory or not.
I know it's late. According to my knowledge, during hajj men or women who are doing hajj should not keep any cloth on their faces.

Wearing niqaab is one of the things that are forbidden when in ihraam. A woman can cover her face in front of non-mahram men after entering ihraam with part of her garment, lowering it from the top of her head over her face, without committing the forbidden action of wearing niqaab.

Source

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!