I started this thread so people will know that the anti-Islam sentiment in USA is growing. In September before going on hajj last year, I drove 6 hours to listen to a seminar, "Revealing the Truth about Islam" that was presented at the small Baptist church in rural Mississippi that I had attended as a youth. The presenter spent a lot of the first hour demonizing Islam and Prophet Muhammad (saaws) for his marriage to Aisha. Then the second hour was spent mostly on fear-mongering that if Islam spreads there will be no more Christianity in USA because Muslims are commanded to kill the infidel which means the Christians.
Who does not remember the final result of anti-Jewish sentiment and legislation in Nazi Germany that began in 1933? This is clearly an anti-Muslim bill as there is no threat of sharia law being implemented in USA. Is it really unthinkable that what happened in Germany to the Jew could also happen here to the Muslim? I want each of you to read the following from the bill http://library.constantcontact.com/d...ill.2.2011.pdf
with a single modification - substitute the word "Islam" anytime you read "sharia" or "jihad". My interpretive inserts are in (red). Pay particular attention to what I have put in bold
including the last statement. Make no bones about it dear brothers and sisters in Islam the process of demonizing Islam in USA has begun. You don't have to use very much imagination to know what follows.
SENATE BILL 1028
AN ACT to amend Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 38; Title 39; Title 40; Title 45; Title 55 and Title 58,relative to terrorism. BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE: SECTION 1. Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 39, Chapter 13, is amended by adding the following language as a new, appropriately designated part:
This part shall be known and may be cited as the“Material Support to Designated Entities Act of 2011
The general assembly finds as follows:
(1) The threat from terrorism continues to plague the United States generally and Tennessee in particular. The threat from terrorism has been documented to exist both outside our national borders and within the homeland;
(2) The threat from terrorism within the homeland, including from within this state, otherwise known as “homegrown terrorism,” is primarily the result of a legal-political-military doctrine and system
(Islam) adhered to, or minimally advocated by, tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of its followers around the world. This legal-political-military doctrine and system is known as sharia (Islam) to its adherents, authoritative leaders and scholars;
(3) Sharia, as defined and understood by traditional and authoritative sharia scholars and leaders, is a legal-political-military doctrinal system combined with certain religious beliefs
(Islam); further, sharia is based historically and traditionally on a full corpus of law and jurisprudence termed fiqh and usul al-fiqh (Islam), respectively, dealing with all aspects of a sharia-adherent’s (Muslim's) personal and social life and political society. Sharia serves as national and local law in several foreign jurisdictions;
(4) Sharia as a political doctrine requires all its adherents to actively support the establishment of a political society based upon sharia as foundational or supreme law and the replacement of any political entity not governed by sharia with a sharia political order;
(5) Sharia requires all its adherents to actively and passively support the replacement of America’s constitutional republic, including the representative government of this state with a political system based upon sharia;
(6) Sharia in particular includes a war doctrine known as jihad, which is an organic, intrinsic and central feature of the laws and traditions of sharia (Islam) due to a consensus among sharia authorities throughout the ages;
(7) Jihad and sharia are inextricably linked, with sharia formulating and commanding jihad, and jihad being waged for the purpose of imposing and instituting sharia (hence also Islam);
(8) The unchanging and ultimate aim of jihad is the imposition of sharia on all states and nations, including the United States and this state; further, pursuant to its own dictates, sharia requires the abrogation, destruction, or violation of the United States and Tennessee Constitutions and the imposition of sharia through violence and criminal activity;
(9) The jihad groups identified by the federal government as designated terrorist organizations pursuant to § 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, all profess publicly their adherence to sharia (Islam) and its laws of jihad as the legal political-military justification for their acts of terrorism;
(10) The imposition of sharia on non-sharia adherent states is to be brought about both by
criminal and violent means, including acts of terrorism as defined in part 8 of this chapter, and by lawful and non-violent means, including immigration-fed population growth and the resulting increase of sharia-centric political influence and power;
(11) The knowing adherence to sharia and to foreign sharia authorities constitutes a conspiracy to further the legal, political, and military doctrine and system which embraces the law of jihad;
(12) Furthering the legal, political, and military doctrines and law of jihad poses an imminent likelihood of violent jihad and acts of terrorism;
(13) The knowing adherence to sharia (Islam) and to foreign sharia authorities is prima facie evidence of an act in support of the overthrow of the United States government and the government of this state through the abrogation, destruction, or violation of the United States and Tennessee Constitutions by the likely use of imminent criminal violence and terrorism with the aim of imposing sharia on the people of this state.