/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a hadith, help :(

Ghazalah
03-13-2011, 10:08 PM
:sl:

I'm looking for a hadith which goes along the lines of, 'to know the character of someone, then look at his friends' I've heard alot of Shuyookh in lectures speak about it, funny thing is the lectures have been Arabic, so I searched and couldn't find anything on the Arab sites, nor English translated sites, can anyone please help me find it? I need it urgently.

JazakumAllahu Khairan... :)

Btw I think there's a thread about not being able to find hadiths etc but I couldn't find it imsad

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
defender
03-18-2011, 06:17 PM
In an authentic Hadith, the Prophet Muhammad (saws) said: “A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend.”

Abu Dawood and at-Tirmithi.

defender
03-18-2011, 06:27 PM
In another Hadith, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The example of a good companion and a bad companion is like that of the seller of musk, and the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows (respectively). So as for the seller of musk then either he will grant you some, or you buy some from him, or at least you enjoy a pleasant smell from him. As for the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows then either he will burn your clothes or you will get an offensive smell from him."

Bukhari and Muslim

Ghazalah
03-18-2011, 08:51 PM
^JazakAllahu Khairun, yes I came across these hadiths but they're not the specific hadith I'm looking for. Khair imsad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
03-18-2011, 08:53 PM
:salamext:

Maybe it's a saying of the salaf? :)

Ghazalah
03-18-2011, 09:15 PM
^I doubt it, because I remember them referencing Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi but I just can't remember the full hadith, I'm thinking maybe it's the first hadith brother defender posted and maybe they just paraphrased it? Not sure.. :hmm:

defender
03-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Salam....

my dear borther Ghazalah.... i think the hadith u searching for is the fisrt one up there... i hope so.... but sorry i didnt yet found the full verses....

Umm AbdurRahman
03-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Assalamualaikum

"al mar'oo ala deeni khalili"

"A person is upon the religion of his close friend, so beware whom you befriend.”
[Abu Daawood and At-Tirmithi]

i cudnt get the hadeeth in the arabic words...but tht is hw it is.

Wassalam

Ghazalah
03-20-2011, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by defender
my dear borther Ghazalah.... i think the hadith u searching for is the fisrt one up there... i hope so.... but sorry i didnt yet found the full verses....
I'm a sister and yeah I think so. JazakumAllahu Khairan everyone.

defender
03-21-2011, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
I'm a sister and yeah I think so. JazakumAllahu Khairan everyone.
sory for using "brother"... i didnt know ur are girl.... our brother Umm AbdurRahman also have give us some hadith which is similar with ur looking for...

wassalam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!