/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Be NOICE!

Beardo
03-15-2011, 04:36 AM
:sl:

So recently, I've been going through this IslamicBoard-Addiction phase. If you've noticed, your posts and threads in the past 24 hours have been approved rather quickly, because I'm on the back-end everytime I'm on my laptop. Anyway, this also gave me an opportunity to use my own discretion in terms of the forum approval policy as well as giving me an upfront view of inter-forum dealings.

I was a little disappointed with how some users are approaching members of another religion, or even amongst themselves. There is some slight taunting or sarcasm. For example, "Last time I checked..." or other derogatory terms/phrases like that. Of course, it's OK to use them if you don't mean any harm, but that's also why we have smileys :) :) :) so you can express yourself better. Obviously virtual communication can't be the same as it is face-to-face, which is why we have to be extra careful with word choice!

We should be open and kind. Is that not so? We're a wonderful forum, Alhamdulillah. Let's keep it just as wonderful, if not more! :)

I just thought this issue should be addressed. What're your thoughts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
03-15-2011, 12:37 PM
I dont expect anyone to always be 'nice' cause honestly thats too much to ask for. We are human after all and on a forum like this with so many people of so many diverse backgrounds, age, religions its only normal to get upset every now n then. But alhamdulilah overall most people on this forum have good manners.

We got a few sour ones but eventually they get sweet too, they have their days.

Woodrow
03-15-2011, 12:54 PM

We have a very diverse membership and the attitudes run from clowns to Strict. We have those wholaugh at everything and those who never even smile. But, we are all humans and that is how us humans are as a group.

The main problems that arise seem to always be when people begin to loose control in a debate and retaliate against the person posting, not what was posted. This is the area us with some control need to keep a closer watch on. We need to be certain all debates stay debates and not a personal attack on any member.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I agree. We must all stick together and be happy and geeky :-\, no matter what differences we may have between each other. And yes i agree sarcasm can be very harsh.

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
We have a very diverse membership and the attitudes run from clowns to Strict. We have those wholaugh at everything and those who never even smile. But, we are all humans and that is how us humans are as a group.
and im thinking i am one of those members in that list :-\

lol@ those who dont smile, i actually havent noticed that unless a member posts a sad emoticon.

.. peace ..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
piXie
03-15-2011, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
What're your thoughts?
I absolutely agree. We must be NOICE :ermm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!