/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Science in Islam

User29123
03-15-2011, 07:10 PM
:sl:

I need to know about Science in the Qur'an can someone please kindly post some versus of different sections about science in the Qur'an....

Thank You

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-16-2011, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asim123
:sl:

I need to know about Science in the Qur'an can someone please kindly post some versus of different sections about science in the Qur'an....

Thank You
The Qur'an is not nor is it intended to be a scientific study. Many things mentioned in the qur'an are just now becoming known to Scientists. But I can not think of anything in the Qur'an I would call a science lesson or study.

User29123
03-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Yes but what I mean though, it does have some Science in it.

Danah
03-16-2011, 12:47 PM
:wa:

Quran is not a book of science, but you can find some scientific facts of the creation of Allah that He mentioned in Quran 1400 years ago which scientists discovered just recently.

you might find this article helpful:
http://www.protectedpearl.com/quran.htm#534472255

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
03-16-2011, 01:07 PM
:salamext:

http://linguisticmiracle.com/science.html :)

User29123
03-16-2011, 03:28 PM
yeah that's what I meant science.....

ThePhilosopher
03-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Though the Quran in incompatible with the theory of evolution and claims that the Earth was made in 2 days and that everything inside the earth(i.e mountains, vegetation) was made in 4 days which are also inaccurate.

Ramadhan
03-17-2011, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by
Though the Quran in incompatible with the theory of evolution and claims that the Earth was made in 2 days and that everything inside the earth(i.e mountains, vegetation) was made in 4 days which are also inaccurate.
as a person who claim you were a devout, pious, knowledageable muslim, your understanding of the Qur'an is only comparable to an "anti-mozlem" who live in the backwater somewehe in deep tennessee

User29123
03-17-2011, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

as a person who claim you were a devout, pious, knowledageable muslim, your understanding of the Qur'an is only comparable to an "anti-mozlem" who live in the backwater somewehe in deep tennessee

and your probably right...

oh and ThePhilosopher could you please provide the quote in the Qur'an where it says this? I need the evidence :)

Ramadhan
03-18-2011, 02:36 AM
oh and ThePhilosopher could you please provide the quote in the Qur'an where it says this? I need the evidence

He won't be able to do so, just because it is not in the Qur'an.

Which begs the question: why would anyone claim to be a former devout, pious, knowledgeable muslim while he was not, and THEN go to an ISLAMIC forum where he would be exposed very quickly?

I presume some sort of mental illnesses must have been involved.

Little_Lion
03-18-2011, 03:30 AM
Allah forgive me for my presumtiveness, but much that this poster says reminds me very much of another poster I met once on an Aussie Muslim forum . . . who claimed to have the best of intentions but by action, showed that the intentions were more to boost their own beliefs than to engage in truly friendly discourse . . . .

As we would say more bluntly on the Warcraft forums, fail troll, 0/10.

Ramadhan
03-18-2011, 07:08 AM
Allah forgive me for my presumtiveness, but much that this poster says reminds me very much of another poster I met once on an Aussie Muslim forum . . . who claimed to have the best of intentions but by action, showed that the intentions were more to boost their own beliefs than to engage in truly friendly discourse . . . . As we would say more bluntly on the Warcraft forums, fail troll, 0/10.

During the time of prophet Muhammad SAW, people like him was called munafeequn (hypocrite) who did a lot of corruption/damage among community by spreading fitna and causing discord.
The punishments for people like that will be severe (in the hereafter). In fact in the Qur'an Allah says that they will be placed in the bottom of the pit, the worst of the worst.
na'udzubillahi min dzalik.

User29123
03-18-2011, 04:10 PM
I know the Qur'an does not have this verse that's why I asked......because I knew the person would not be able to provide any proof. :)

Al-Indunisiy
03-19-2011, 09:35 AM
and your probably right...

oh and ThePhilosopher could you please provide the quote in the Qur'an where it says this? I need the evidence :)
I think what The Philosopher meant was this:

"41:9 (Picktall) Say (O Muhammad, unto the idolaters): Disbelieve ye verily in Him Who created the earth in two Days, and ascribe ye unto Him rivals? He (and none else) is the Lord of the Worlds."

I haven't found for his second claim yet though.

Al-Indunisiy
03-19-2011, 09:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Indunisiy
I think what The Philosopher meant was this:

"41:9 (Picktall) Say (O Muhammad, unto the idolaters): Disbelieve ye verily in Him Who created the earth in two Days, and ascribe ye unto Him rivals? He (and none else) is the Lord of the Worlds."

I haven't found for his second claim yet though.
Found it:

"41:10 (Picktall) He placed therein firm hills rising above it, and blessed it and measured therein its sustenance in four days, alike for (all) who ask;"

User29123
03-19-2011, 10:53 AM
In modern English?

Al-Indunisiy
03-20-2011, 12:06 AM
In modern English?
It is modern English, early modern English. Is it that hard to comprehend? If it is, I'd be happy to rearrange the words to the present idiom.

Al-Indunisiy
03-20-2011, 12:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Indunisiy
It is modern English, early modern English. Is it that hard to comprehend? If it is, I'd be happy to rearrange the words to the present idiom.
Here you go:

"41:9 (Picktall) Say (O Muhammad, unto the idolaters): Do you verily disbelieve in Him Who created the earth in two Days, and ascribe unto Him rivals? He (and none else) is the Lord of the Worlds."

"41:10 (Picktall) He placed in it firm hills rising above it, and blessed it and measured in it its sustenance in four days, alike for (all) who ask;"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!