/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gems Beautiful Quotes, Proverbs, Sayings

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Flame of Hope
05-31-2011, 04:13 AM
Abu Hurayrah (radhiyallahu 'anhu) was asked about taqwa. He said, "It is a road full of thorns. One who walks it needs to have extreme patience."

:wub:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flame of Hope
05-31-2011, 04:14 AM
If someone gave you a beautiful, expensive new hat, wouldn't you be grateful for the generous gift? But shouldn't you be even more grateful for THE One Who gave you the head to put that hat on?

tw009
05-31-2011, 04:53 AM
"Women should not be like the moon which everyone can see uncovered; women should be like the sun which makes eyes bow down before they can see it".

Who Am I?
05-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia. ~Charles Schulz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Innocent Soul
05-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Words are like medicine. Little is enough and too much destroys you.

Hannah.
05-31-2011, 06:45 PM
“This dunya (world) is like a shadow, run after it and you will never be able to catch it, turn your back against it and it has no choice but to follow you”

[Ibn Al-Qayyim]

Innocent Soul
06-02-2011, 05:05 AM
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to a new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.

tw009
06-03-2011, 05:49 PM
`Umar b. Al-Khaṭṭâb (raḍiyAllâh'anhu) said,

"Three things will firmly place love in your brother’s chest (for you): that you be the first to give (him) salâms, that you make a space for him in a seated gathering, and that you call on him with the best of names.

Dirt 101
06-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Peace Begins in the Heart of Every Human Being.

Prem Rawat

Innocent Soul
06-04-2011, 01:04 PM
If your pride leads you to boast, you will be double guilty, because your intelligence will have shown that it is incapable of controlling your pride.

Innocent Soul
06-06-2011, 08:21 AM
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

Flame of Hope
06-07-2011, 07:22 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
:wub: Beautiful quote.

Jazakallah khair, dear sis.

Revert 2010
06-08-2011, 12:26 AM
"Thy soul was like a Star, and dwelt apart" William Wordsworth

Flame of Hope
06-08-2011, 01:40 AM
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to a new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
Ah! The diversity of life!

Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon.
These would be mothers. Or children who make us smile. Or people like so many wonderful ones we have in this forum.... :)

Innocent Soul
06-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Two things define your personality
1: The way you manage when u have nothing.
2: The way you behave when u have everything.

Pure Purple
06-08-2011, 03:12 PM
:statisfie
very true

Flame of Hope
06-08-2011, 03:49 PM

Okay, my dear sister. Where are you getting these wonderful gems from? :)

Lessons to learn from the above:

When you have nothing.... do you complain? Do you give in to despair? The proper response should be.... to say Alhamdulillah and be contented with Allah's decree.

When you have everything...... do you take things for granted and become ungrateful? Do you exult and become proud?..... The proper response should be to be to say Alhamdulillah, be thankful, give more in charity and be more generous, kind and helpful towards others.

Jazakallah khair sis, for sharing the above saying.

Innocent Soul
06-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

tw009
06-12-2011, 03:54 AM
"When I pretend to be strong in front of the world, nobody sees my weaknesses, nobody sees my tears, except Allah,When I'm sad and I want a shoulder to cry on, nobody seems to notice my hidden tears or to support me but Allah. People sometimes punish me for the mistakes I have not done. Allah ignores & excuses the ones that I did.That's ALLAH ! The Greatest, The Almighty, The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful."

tw009
06-15-2011, 04:47 AM
Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.

Innocent Soul
06-16-2011, 03:03 PM
When people walk away from you. let them go...
Your destiny is never tied to anybody who leaves you & it doesn't mean that they are bad....

It means that their part in your story is over..

Who Am I?
06-16-2011, 05:29 PM
When people walk away from you. let them go...
Your destiny is never tied to anybody who leaves you & it doesn't mean that they are bad....

It means that their part in your story is over..
Good one. People come and go in your lives for a reason.

Innocent Soul
06-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Great people are not born great, God uses troubles and trials to make them Great!

Innocent Soul
06-18-2011, 09:59 AM
It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

tw009
06-20-2011, 06:02 AM
"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness." — Ibn al-Qayyim

Innocent Soul
06-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Its Purity of Heart that matters, not the External Appearance. Because helping hands are always, better than praying lips

Haya emaan
06-23-2011, 07:52 AM
if exposure of the body is modernism, then animals are more modern than humans
Dr Zakir Naik

tw009
06-23-2011, 05:42 PM
^lol.

"Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Half effort does not produce half results, it produces no results. Work, continuous work and hard work, is the only way to accomplish results that last. Success is dependent on effort. Striving to success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted."

Innocent Soul
06-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Never get tired of doing little things for others. Sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their hearts :).

fatima_01
06-24-2011, 08:52 PM
"A man should be like a child with his wives, but if they need him, he should act like a man" - Umar bin Khattab R.A

Innocent Soul
06-25-2011, 10:12 AM
If you are asking The Creator to help you, it means you trust His ability...
But if He doesn't help you yet, it means He trust your ability.

Pure Purple
06-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Tears are more truth full than SMILE because You Can smile in front of every body , but you can cry Infront of one who is special to you.

Innocent Soul
06-26-2011, 07:47 AM
Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries dirt in his water-jug. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit

Flame of Hope
06-28-2011, 02:24 AM
Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries dirt in his water-jug. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit
Masha' allah! Beautiful.

If you are asking The Creator to help you, it means you trust His ability...
But if He doesn't help you yet, it means He trust your ability.
Another beautiful quote.

Hmmm. Where is Safiya 1 getting all these lovely sayings from? There must be a treasure box or something she has access to. Or maybe she is plain downright clever.

Flame makes up mind to steal Safiya 1's Treasure Box. Watch out! :p

Innocent Soul
06-28-2011, 12:04 PM
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Haya emaan
06-28-2011, 04:24 PM
one beautiful heart is equal to thousand beautiful faces

Flame of Hope
06-28-2011, 05:25 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
one beautiful heart is equal to thousand beautiful faces
What about a beautiful heart plus beautiful face? What would that be equal to?--------> Unimaginable loveliness I think. (example: Prophet Muhammad (saws) )

Innocent Soul
06-29-2011, 01:32 PM
^ wise people think so deeply :rolleyes:.

Haya emaan
06-29-2011, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riham

What about a beautiful heart plus beautiful face? What would that be equal to?--------> Unimaginable loveliness I think. (example: Prophet Muhammad (saws) )
u r right... unimaginable...:)

Innocent Soul
06-30-2011, 11:57 AM
You will never have exactly what you want, but in the end God always gives you exactly what you need to make you the person you should be.

Misz_Muslimah
06-30-2011, 12:08 PM
"Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by God's decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is your by destiny, from you it cannot flee."

Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (RA)

إحسان
06-30-2011, 04:23 PM
"The knowledge of a hypocrite is in his speech,
while the knowledge of a believer is in his actions"
- Imaam al-baghdadee

tw009
07-01-2011, 05:46 AM
"Love people blindly, and they will become your greatest weakness.Love Allah unconditionally, and Allah will be your invincible strength."

Innocent Soul
07-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Sometimes the people we’ve known for a short amount of time have the biggest impact on our lives, even more than those we’ve known forever :).

Misz_Muslimah
07-02-2011, 09:26 PM
The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.

Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up

إحسان
07-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Many people have said, 'I cannot live without the one I love most!',
So do I, but, luckily Allah is the One I love the most and He is always there...

Innocent Soul
07-03-2011, 12:58 AM
If you approach each new person you meet in a spirit of adventure you will find yourself endlessly fascinated by the new channels of thought and experience and personality that you encounter

Flame of Hope
07-03-2011, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misz_Muslimah
The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.

Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up
Awesome quotes!!! (hmmm. got me thinking there... too strong to be broken.)

Jazakallah khair. :)

tw009
07-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds- Shakespeare

Misz_Muslimah
07-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Seven days without prayers makes one WEAK

Why do you seek more knowledge when you pay no heed to what you already know?

Innocent Soul
07-03-2011, 04:59 PM
If one door of oportunity closes, the other opens. But we stare at the closed opportunity so much that we fail to notice the other opportunities.

Haya emaan
07-03-2011, 05:19 PM
when in your life you find all the doors closed ahead, remember..!! the doors are closed not locked..

silentMe
07-05-2011, 07:50 AM
All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.

Who Am I?
07-05-2011, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by silentMe
All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.
That's when you just ad lib it. ;D

SFatima
07-05-2011, 01:15 PM
" Holding a grudge is like drinking the poison yourself and expecting the other person to die " -somebody

Innocent Soul
07-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.

Misz_Muslimah
07-08-2011, 08:41 PM
God places the heaviest burden on those who can carry its weight.

Amongst the signs of success at the end is the turning to God at the beginning.

If you want to talk to Allah,
perform Salah.
If you want Allah to talk to you,
read Qur'an.

Who Am I?
07-08-2011, 10:03 PM
I like that last one. Reminds me that I need to read more Qur'an. I confess that I have been slipping as of late.

Innocent Soul
07-09-2011, 11:13 AM
If you really feel sorry for someone you have hurt, never say "I am sorry" instead make it a habit to say "Is their anyway I can make it up to you?"

Pure Purple
07-09-2011, 12:51 PM
If you really feel sorry for someone you have hurt, never say "I am sorry" instead make it a habit to say "Is their anyway I can make it up to you?"
I'm going through this situation.I want to say sorry to someone but I can't??imsad

Innocent Soul
07-09-2011, 01:07 PM
^Sometimes, God just know to send you right person at the right time :)

That's another quote I hear many times.

tw009
07-11-2011, 05:59 AM
"Only God can judge me now" does not remove the fact that you are still committing a sin. Thus don't look for comfort in such statement, but instead one should be in fear when saying something like that. Don't look at the "smallness of your sins" look at the greatness of the one you sin against.

Flame of Hope
07-12-2011, 11:44 PM

I don't think I agree with the use of the word "never" in that sentence. :)

One could say sorry AND ALSO say "Is there anything I can do to make this right again?"

It's a good habit to say sorry... in my opinion. :D

Innocent Soul
07-13-2011, 10:56 AM
^ Yeah sometimes if someone says us sorry for their mistake we will like to forgive them without anything.

Innocent Soul
07-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Honesty is a very expensive gift, so don't expect it from everyone because all are not rich.

tw009
07-16-2011, 03:05 AM
"Repel the thought, for if you don't, it becomes an idea. So repel the idea; for if you don't it will become a desire. So fight against that (desire), for if you don't, it will become a determination and a passion. And if you don't repel that, it will become an action. And if you don't replace it with its opposite, it will become a constant habit. So at that point, it will be difficult for you to change it."
- Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Innocent Soul
07-17-2011, 01:42 PM
If you desire to blossom like a rose in the garden,first you have to learn the art of adjusting with the thorns.

Serendipity
07-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Choose everlasting joy over temporary enjoyment. "

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves.Ahmad Ibn Hanbal

:wa:

Misz_Muslimah
07-17-2011, 04:41 PM
If you make dhikr you won't become stressed
If you're getting stressed you're not doing enough dhikr.

Knowledge is proud that it knows so much;
Wisdom is humble that it knows no more.

Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of

birkah
07-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Sufyan ath-Thawri RA said, "Man's love for the life of this world is shown in the way he greets people."
[Look at a chaste poor man ... nobody talks to him. People greet him so warily as if fearing that he may pass poverty to them. But see how the people welcome a rich man, even if he does not perform prayer. They stand up with smiling faces, and each one hopes to greet him first. Note the difference between a man who is so great as seen by Allah and another who does not even weigh a mosquito's wing - but this is life.]

birkah
07-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Whoever respects and honours you, has in reality neither respected nor honoured you, but he has respected and honoured the act of Divine Concealment (i.e. Allah's act of concealing your defects).

Commentary: When someone respects and honours you with praise or gifts, do not become proud. Do not gain the impression that you have in you some excellence. In reality, the person has not praised you. He has praised Allah's attribute of Sattaariyat (Concealing the sins and defects of people). If Allah Ta'ala had not concealed your inner evils, people would not even spit on you. (Ikhmaalush Shiyam (perfection of morals). Ibn Ata'llah al-Iskandiri. pg.197)

Flame of Hope
07-17-2011, 07:43 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by birkah
Sufyan ath-Thawri RA said, "Man's love for the life of this world is shown in the way he greets people."
[Look at a chaste poor man ... nobody talks to him. People greet him so warily as if fearing that he may pass poverty to them. But see how the people welcome a rich man, even if he does not perform prayer. They stand up with smiling faces, and each one hopes to greet him first. Note the difference between a man who is so great as seen by Allah and another who does not even weigh a mosquito's wing - but this is life.]
Are the words in bracket yours? That's a very good explanation. Masha'allah!

birkah
07-18-2011, 10:25 AM
^ i wish. It is a commentary by the scholar accompanying the quote.

"He who enters the grave without provisions (good deeds), has, as if, he started swimming across the ocean without a vessel." Abu Bakr radhiAllaahu 'anhu

"The one who shows off has three characteristics: He is lazy when by himself, he is lively and energetic when with others and he increases in his actions when he is praised and decreases in them when he is criticised." Ali RA.

Innocent Soul
07-18-2011, 12:37 PM
If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves. — Ahmad Ibn Hanbal

May Ayob
07-18-2011, 06:26 PM
When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.
Mohandas Gandhi

When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible.
Mohandas Gandhi

Where love is, there God is also.
Mohandas Gandhi

Where there is love there is life.
Mohandas Gandhi

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
Mohandas Gandhi

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mohandas Gandhi

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
Mohandas Gandhi

That service is the noblest which is rendered for its own sake.
Mohandas Gandhi

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Mohandas Gandhi

The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.
Mohandas Gandhi

The good man is the friend of all living things.
Mohandas Gandhi

The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Mohandas Gandhi

The real ornament of woman is her character, her purity. :)

Mohandas Gandhi

Imitation is the sincerest flattery.
Mohandas Gandhi

In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
Mohandas Gandhi

In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place.
Mohandas Gandhi

Salaam
I hope you like them and Ramadhan Mubarak to all:)

birkah
07-19-2011, 11:35 PM
You are your intentions" - Abdul Hakim Murad

birkah
07-19-2011, 11:37 PM
"Knowledge is better than wealth; knowledge protects you and you have to protect wealth" Uthman (RA)

Innocent Soul
07-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Live, Laugh, Love: Live like there's no tomorrow, but be prepared if there is; Laugh through the pain, its only temporary; Love, even for no reason at all

May Ayob
07-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Salaam I also came across these
Hope you like them :)

1. During civil disturbance adopt such an attitude that people do not attach any importance to you - they neither burden you with complicated affairs, nor try to derive any advantage out of you

2. He who is greedy is disgraced; he who discloses his hardship will always be humiliated; he who has no control over his tongue will often have to face discomfort.

3. The mind of a wise man is the safest custody of secrets; cheerfulness is the key to friendship; patience and forbearance will conceal many defects.

4.Man( by which he means human) is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

5.. If you overpower your enemy, then pardon him by way of thankfulness to Allah, for being able to subdue him.

6.Every person who is tempted to go astray, does not deserve punishment

7.Failures are often the results of timidity and fears; disappointments are the results of bashfulness; hours of leisure pass away like summer-clouds, therefore, do not waste opportunity of doing good. ( personally I need that one I am a very timid person)

8.To render relief to the distressed and to help the oppressed make amends for great sins.

9.Justice also has four aspects depth of understanding, profoundness of knowledge, fairness of judgment and dearness of mind; because whoever tries his best to under- stand a problem will have to study it, whoever has the practice of studying the subject he is to deal with, will develop a clear mind and will always come to correct decisions, whoever tries to achieve all this will have to develop ample patience and forbearance and whoever does this has done justice to the cause of religion and has led a life of good repute and fame.

10.One who says unpleasant things about others, will himself quickly become a target of their scandal.

11. Do not feel ashamed if the amount of charity is small because to refuse the needy is an act of greater shame.

12.Do not blame a man who delays in securing what are his just rights but blame lies on him who grasps the rights which do not belong to him.

13.Admonish your brother (comrade) by good deeds and kind regards, and ward off his evil by favouring him.

14.Loving one another is half of wisdom.

15.. One who does not realize his own value is condemned to utter failure. (Every kind of complex, superiority or inferiority is harmful to man).

16.A friend cannot be considered a friend unless he is tested on three occasions: in time of need, behind your back and after your death.
^^These are the Sayings of Imam Ali RA

And Here are some more Ghandi Proverbs :)

I know, to banish anger altogether from one's breast is a difficult task. It cannot be achieved through pure personal effort. It can be done only by God's grace.

Mohandas Gandhi

I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.

Mohandas Gandhi

If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children.

Mohandas Gandhi

But for my faith in God, I should have been a raving maniac.

Mohandas Gandhi

Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.

Mohandas Gandhi

There is a higher court than courts of justice and that is the court of conscience. It supercedes all other courts.

Mohandas Gandhi

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

Mohandas Gandhi

سيف الله
07-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Salaam

This is a poem written by Bobby Sands

Dear Mum

Dear Mum, I know you’re always there
To help and guide me with all your care,
You nursed and fed me and made me strong
To face the world and all its wrong.

What can I write to you this day
For a line or two would never pay
For care and time you gave to me
Through long hard years unceasingly.

How you found strength I do not know
How you managed I’ll never know,
Struggling and striving without a break
Always there and never late.

You prayed for me and loved me more
How could I ask for anymore
And reared me up to be like you
But I haven’t a heart as kind as you.

A guide to me in times of plight
A princess like a star so bright
For life would never have been the same
If I hadn’t of learned what small things came.

So forgive me Mum just a little more
For not loving you so much before,
For life and love you gave to me
I give my thanks for eternity.

http://www.bobbysandstrust.com/

Innocent Soul
07-22-2011, 06:08 AM
Pressure can give you performance but passion can give you excellence.

Innocent Soul
07-22-2011, 12:06 PM

Innocent Soul
07-25-2011, 05:19 AM
Do not be fooled by the lust of wrong doing, for it is all an illusion and will get you no where while stealing all your time.

Innocent Soul
07-26-2011, 11:59 AM
An umbrella cannot stop the rain but allows us to stand in the rain. Confidence may not bring success but it gives the power to face the challenges.

birkah
07-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Didn't know where to posts -- mods please post in the appropriate thread. JKhair.
Rabi’ ibn Sulayman (a companion of Imam al-Shafi’i) said:
‘We were with al-Shafi’i one day when an old man wearing garments of wool came to us with a walking-stick in his hand. Al-Shafi’i stood up, fixed his clothes and greeted the old man. He sat down and al-Shafi’i began looking at him in admiration when the man said:
Old man: Can I ask?
Al-Shafi’i: Ask.
Old man: What is the Hujjah (evidence) in the religion of Allah?
Al-Shafi’i: The Book of Allah.
Old man: What else?
Al-Shafi’i: The Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam).
Old man: What else?
Al-Shafi’i: The consensus of the Ummah.
Old man: Where did you get ‘consensus of the Ummah’ from? (i.e. what’s your evidence).
Al-Shafi’i pondered for a moment when the old man said:
Old man: I will leave you for 3 days. If you come up with evidence from the Book of Allah, fine. If not, then repent to Allah Ta’ala.
Al-Shafi’i's face changed colour and then he left. He didn’t come out until the third day, between dhuhr and ‘asr. His face, hands and legs had swollen and he became ill. He sat down but it was only a short while when the old man returned. He greeted him and sat down then he said,
Old man: Do you have what I asked for?
Al-Shafi’i: Yes.
أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
I seek refuge in Allah from Satan, the outcast.
Allah, the Most High said:
وَمَن يُشَاقِقِ الرَّسُولَ مِن بَعْدِ مَا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُ الْهُدَى وَيَتَّبِعْ غَيْرَ سَبِيلِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ نُوَلِّهِ مَا تَوَلَّى وَنُصْلِهِ جَهَنَّمَ وَسَاءتْ مَصِيراً
“And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the way of the believers, We shall keep him on the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell – and what an evil destination.” [al-Nisa: 115]
… And He (Allah `azza wa jall) will not burn him in Hell for opposing the believers in something except that it is something obligatory.’
Old man: You have told the truth.
Then he got up and left.
Al-Shafi’i then said to those around him: I read the Qur’an 3 times every day (in the 3 days he was given), until I came to this verse.’
- Siyar A’lam al-Nubala
From Fajr Wordpress Blog

Innocent Soul
07-27-2011, 11:38 AM

birkah
07-28-2011, 05:14 PM
قال عتبة ابن غزوان الهم اني اعوذبك ان اكون في عيني كبيرا وعند الله صغيرا
Utbah ibn Ghazan RA used to pray, "O Allah, it is you alone that I seek refuge, lest I view myself to be huge and with you am small".

The quote loses its beauty once translated.

birkah
07-29-2011, 05:27 AM
Ibn Qayyim RA said: Adam AS was taken out of Jannah, while he was in it. He was taken out because of a single sin that he did. And you are constantly doing sins, while outside of Jannah, yet hoping to enter Jannah.
قال ابن قيم رحمة الله عليه اخرج آدم من جنة وكان فيها اخرج منها بذنب واحد وانت مقيم على معاصي كثيرة وخارج الجنة وترج الجنة

birkah
07-29-2011, 05:31 AM
The Sheikh commenting on the quote said, look at how small the sin of Adam AS was; he only ate from a tree. And compare that to our sins: we commit indecent and immoral acts, we consume interest, we backbite... [and compare that to our aspiration].

Innocent Soul
07-29-2011, 11:23 AM
A lot of trouble in the world will disappear if everyone learned to talk to each other instead of talking about each other.

Pure Purple
07-29-2011, 02:39 PM
The Prophet Muhammad (s) said, “None of you truly believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.”
( Bukhari and Muslim)

Innocent Soul
08-02-2011, 12:35 PM

birkah
08-02-2011, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratulain
The Prophet Muhammad (s) said, “None of you truly believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.”
( Bukhari and Muslim)
Thats not realy a "quote." its a hadith, a statement so profound that it does not deserve to be called a quote. Hence most forums also have a specific thread for hadith.

JKhair for posting. Always a good reminder.

Innocent Soul
08-04-2011, 10:37 AM
If what's ahead scares you, and what's behind hurts you, then just look above. He never fails to Help you!

tw009
08-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Stupid hand of mine. Why are you so quick to jump back when you touch something hot, and yet so quick to reach out to what will cause you to burn?- Ammar Alshukry

Innocent Soul
08-06-2011, 10:06 AM
“An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.”
Mahatma Gandhi

Innocent Soul
08-07-2011, 03:49 PM

Innocent Soul
08-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.

Hannah.
08-10-2011, 04:00 PM
"It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary." - Paulo Coelho

Innocent Soul
08-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Holding on to anger is like keeping a burning piece of coal in our hand to throw at our enemy but the fact is it burns our hand first.

tw009
08-15-2011, 12:01 AM
"If a friend among your friends errs, make seventy excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the shortcoming is in your own selves." - Hamdun al-Qassar

Innocent Soul
08-15-2011, 03:27 AM
“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.“

Innocent Soul
08-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired :).

birkah
08-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Ibn Raja Al-Hanbali said, "All trees that do not bear their fruit during their time of ripening are broken and thrown in the fire. Whoever was inattentive to his plants when they bore their fruit has not gathered for the Day of harvest except remorse and loss!" He is talking about Ramadan and forgiveness.
http://muslimmatters.org/2011/08/15/...-in-ramadan-2/

birkah
08-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Once Hassan Al-Basri RA passed by a group of people who were laughing, joking, and entertaining themselves. So Hassan RA said, this is a month of racing, and we are in the middle of the race. Either you have won the race or you have lost the race (there is no way for us to know that we have won the race, especially in the middle, hence we have not won the race). If you have lost the race, what are you doing laughing?

I encourage everyone to listen to this, especially the advice in the last 30 minutes. Ramadan is not over, and there is still much we can do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdx12...layer_embedded

Also, if you make notes please email them to me at jamal0habib@gmail.com

Innocent Soul
08-21-2011, 04:55 AM

Sorry, to the pink color haters.

Innocent Soul
08-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Never regret having chosen or having met wrong people because no one can teach you the right lesson better than the wrong people.

Serendipity
08-23-2011, 12:14 PM
“If you’re talking about me behind my back that just means my life is obviously more interesting than yours.” - Unknown

"Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same." ~ Francesca Reigler

Innocent Soul
08-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who don't.

Pure Purple
08-24-2011, 10:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
Holding on to anger is like keeping a burning piece of coal in our hand to throw at our enemy but the fact is it burns our hand first.
Keep on posting these kind of quotes .

Serendipity
08-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Whoever wishes to purify his heart, then let him prefer Allah to his desires. — Ibn al-Qayyim

"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. " - Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

Innocent Soul
08-25-2011, 12:40 AM
There is no greater guide to our success than the lesson taught by our own mistake

tw009
08-25-2011, 03:32 AM
"Choose everlasting joy over temporary enjoyment."

Innocent Soul
08-29-2011, 03:56 AM
Don't let people's compliments get to your head and don't let their criticisms get to your heart.

Innocent Soul
08-30-2011, 01:55 AM
Good relations are like needles of a clock.
They only meet for sometime but always stay connected.

Al-Mufarridun
08-30-2011, 02:30 AM
“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.“
very interesting!

Ghazalah
08-31-2011, 12:21 AM
'You are the servant, He is the Master. Prayers come from you, answers come from Him. Abstinence comes from you, protection comes from Him. Repentance comes from you, acceptance comes from Him. Go towards Him walking, He will come to you running.'

Flame of Hope
08-31-2011, 12:26 AM
There is no greater guide to our success than the lesson taught by our own mistake

Very nice quote sister. Jazakallah khair for sharing.

Serendipity
08-31-2011, 02:36 PM
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr Seuss

Serendipity
08-31-2011, 02:38 PM
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
— Maya Angelu

Innocent Soul
09-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Don't measure a man's success by how high he climb but how high he bounce when he hits the bottom.

Grace Seeker
09-02-2011, 04:34 PM
"I am only one. But I am still one. I cannot do everything. But still I can do something: And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~Edward Everett Hale

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-02-2011, 06:07 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

I like this one

"Patience is like its name - bitter in taste, yet its outcomes are sweeter than honey."

Pygoscelis
09-02-2011, 06:48 PM
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"

- Dr. Seuss

Pygoscelis
09-02-2011, 06:49 PM
The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.

Grace Seeker
09-02-2011, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм
"Patience is like its name - bitter in taste, yet its outcomes are sweeter than honey."
A lot of truth in that one.

Ghazalah
09-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Tears sparkle for they are diamonds; diamonds which surface from deep within the the soul. For every pain you patiently endure, a cut is placed on this valuable diamond, causing a sparkle greater than before. As the cuts increase in numbers, the worth of your tears become priceless. Thus waste not that which He values; for indeed your tears hold a value which you can never comprehend.. Your tears are counted and held by Him..

Ibn Abbas related that he heard Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) saying: “The fire will not touch the two pairs of eyes; one that sheds tears out of fear of Allah and the other that keeps watch throughout the night in the cause of Allah.” (Nasa’i, Tirmidhi)

Ghazalah
09-02-2011, 11:52 PM
The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything...

Ghazalah
09-02-2011, 11:54 PM
"The softness of a person's nature doesn't mean weakness because nothing is softer than water but its force can break the the strongest Rocks."

Ghazalah
09-02-2011, 11:58 PM
"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."

-Ibn Al-Qayyim.

Ghazalah
09-02-2011, 11:59 PM
"We never know the quality of someone elses life, though we seldom resist the temptation to assume and pass judgement"

Al-Mufarridun
09-03-2011, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
'You are the servant, He is the Master. Prayers come from you, answers come from Him. Abstinence comes from you, protection comes from Him. Repentance comes from you, acceptance comes from Him. Go towards Him walking, He will come to you running.'
This reminded me of a tafsir of the following verse i read recently.

إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ {الفاتحة/5}

Enslavement to a human being brings the benefits of the relationship to the master or the owner. On the other hand, enslavement to Allah brings the benefits of the relationship to human beings. Attachment to Allah brings confidence and freedom to man. He starts to realize that Allah is the Almighty and the most powerful Being. Ash-shaarawi points out that it is a unique relationship in which the master presents Himself to the slave. It is a master-slave relationship in which the tables are turned. It is a relationship in which the master attends willingly to the needs of his slaves.

Jzk for sharing sis.

Ghazalah
09-03-2011, 12:04 AM
'Every love that leads away from His love is in fact a punishment; only a love that leads to His love is a heartfelt & pure love.'

Ibn Al-Qayyim

Ghazalah
09-03-2011, 12:07 AM
"Wasting time is worse than death because death seperates you from this world whereas wasting time seperates you from Allah"

- Ibn Al Qayyim

Ghazalah
09-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Someone said to Al-Hasan Al-Basree "We are unable to perform the night prayer so prescribe me a cure; Al-Hasan Al-Basree said : do not disobey Him during the day and He will help you stand before Him during the night."

Ghazalah
09-03-2011, 12:16 AM
"It doesn't mean that one shouldn't enjoy life, but that when one understands that the "complete happiness" they are looking for in this dunya doesn't exist here, then it becomes easier to go through trials and to work for your akhirah."

Sh. Muhammad Alshareef

Muslim Woman
09-03-2011, 01:06 AM

A calamity that makes you turn to Allah is better for you than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah.

–Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah

Ansariyah
09-03-2011, 04:44 PM
A true friend is the one who can see this:

” Sorrow behind your Smile , Love behind your Anger and Reason behind your Silence''

tw009
09-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Oh Beloved,
take away what I want.
Take away what I do.
Take away what I need.
Take away everything
that takes me from you.
- Rumi

Ghazalah
09-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Knowledge is to understand that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

:D

Ghazalah
09-04-2011, 12:03 AM
If someone wants to know what position he holds in the eyes of Allah swt......
........ He only has to look at what position he places Allah swt (in his heart and life)

Ghazalah
09-04-2011, 09:19 PM
“The word “shams" (sun) is feminine, and “qamar" (moon) is masculine. The sun burns itself out to give light and life to everything around, and the moon is muneer, meaning it reflects the light. Within itself it has no light; it radiates the brilliance of the sun. So when we shine as men, the implication is that we are reflecting the glorious light of our women.- [Abdullah Adhami]

Ghazalah
09-04-2011, 09:26 PM
“In our view, a person does not have an understanding of the religion until he thinks of a hardship as being a blessing, and a comfort and luxury as being a hardship.”

Ghazalah
09-04-2011, 09:30 PM
‘What is destined will reach you, even if it be underneath two mountains. What is not destined, will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips!’ — An Arabic proverb

Ghazalah
09-04-2011, 09:32 PM
O you who believe! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful. [49:12]

Ghazalah
09-04-2011, 09:38 PM
"Tell them (O Muhammad ): 'O My slaves who have wronged their souls, do not despair of Allah's mercy, for Allah will forgive all the sins. He is indeed very Forgiving, very Compassionate, Turn to Him then, and obey Him (in all your affairs).'"

(Al-Zumar:53,54)

Ghazalah
09-04-2011, 09:40 PM
"Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness." - Ibn Taymiyyah

Ghazalah
09-04-2011, 09:42 PM
"Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing." :wub:

Ghazalah
09-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Even a big pot full of water can be emptied by a small hole..So a little anger or ego can burn up all the nobility of a good heart...

Ghazalah
09-04-2011, 09:57 PM
'Ali ibn al-Husain (A.S.) is reported to have said: "The right of your mother on you is that you should know that nobody could endure the trouble and the conditions under which she protected you and nourished you with the juice of her life, and tried with her heart and soul to satisfy all your needs in relation to hunger, thirst, dress, etc. She passed sleepless nights, suffering anxieties. She provided you with shelter against heat and cold, and protected you from ailments. It is not possible for you to compensate her, or thank her enough for all the services, except that God may give you guidance for that. The right of your father on you is that you should know that it is he who brought you into existence, and you are a branch of the tree of his life."

Ghazalah
09-04-2011, 10:00 PM
When Allah tests you, it is never to destroy you. When he removes something in your possession, it is only in order to empty your hands for an even greater gift.“ (Ibn Qayyim).

Ghazalah
09-04-2011, 10:05 PM
When you sit with people of the dunya, you become a drop in their ocean, but when you sit with people of the akhira, the dunya becomes a drop in your ocean.

إحسان
09-05-2011, 12:14 PM
"It's easy to fall in love with a beautiful face, but try falling in love with it's Creator."

Ghazalah
09-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Why wish upon a star when you can pray to The One who created it?

Ghazalah
09-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Let the days do as they please. And be optimistic when destiny decrees. Do not despair due to the events of the nights past. For the events of this world were never meant to last.

Imam Al-Shafi-Rahimuhallah.

Ghazalah
09-05-2011, 08:19 PM
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "When Allaah wishes good for His slave, He hastens to bring about their punishment in this world, and if He does not wish good for them, He withholds the punishment until they are dealt with on the Day of Resurrection."

Ghazalah
09-05-2011, 08:22 PM
...invoke Me [and ask Me for anything], I will respond to your invocation {40:60}

dž.as.a.džasmin
09-05-2011, 09:26 PM
"You think you are strong? Try lifting up your blanket at fajr time!"
You will then know how strong you are.

Innocent Soul
09-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Never chase love, affection, or attention. If it isn’t given freely by the other person, it isn’t worth having.JUst give to others who need it.

Haya emaan
09-06-2011, 06:50 PM
" i m amazed at a person who feels proud of himself... who by yesterday was a clot of blood and tomorrow will be a dust particle!"

tw009
09-07-2011, 06:29 AM
"A friend cannot be considered a friend until he is tested in three occasions: in time of need, behind your back, and after your death."

Ghazalah
09-07-2011, 10:28 PM
'The Righteous Salaf were as fearful of their good deeds being squandered, or not being accepted, as the present generation is certain that their neglect would be forgiven. ' Hasan Al Basri (RA)

Revert 2010
09-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Salaam,
one of my favourite quotes is: "Dont give up, dont lose hope and dont sell out" Christopher Reeve

Innocent Soul
09-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

SFatima
09-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Nice quotes! :)

Innocent Soul
09-11-2011, 12:48 AM

Al-Mufarridun
09-11-2011, 01:23 AM

I truly enjoy reading this Thread. JZK to all who post these wonderful quotes. :)

Truth is Universal!

Haya emaan
09-11-2011, 04:07 PM
our fears are more numerous than our dangers, and we suffer more in our imagination than in reality!

Innocent Soul
09-11-2011, 07:11 PM
You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.

Innocent Soul
09-12-2011, 11:58 AM

Pure Purple
09-12-2011, 12:12 PM
ou block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.
I can see only post of Inno on this thread.
Thread should have name"Beautiful quotes,proverbs,saying of Innocent soul":p;D

Innocent Soul
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
I copy it from other sites :hmm:. I like it so I share it with you all :><:.

Flame of Hope
09-15-2011, 02:03 AM
I copy it from other sites . I like it so I share it with you all .

Sharing is good. Jazakallah khair sister.

I love to share as well....!!

Here are some quotes coming right up!!! :shade:

Flame of Hope
09-15-2011, 02:04 AM
A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. - unknown.

Flame of Hope
09-15-2011, 02:05 AM

I love this one!!

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.
- Gladys Browyn Stern

Flame of Hope
09-15-2011, 02:05 AM
Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
- Anonymous

Flame of Hope
09-15-2011, 02:06 AM
If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make,
who would you call and what would you say?
And why are you waiting?
- Stephen Levine

Flame of Hope
09-15-2011, 02:07 AM
You cannot judge any man beyond your knowledge of him,
and how small is your knowledge.
- Kahlil Gibran

Flame of Hope
09-15-2011, 02:08 AM

Lovely! Lovely quote!!

God Himself, sir, does not propose to judge a man until his life is over.
Why should you and I?
- Samuel Johnson

Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!!!

Zafran
09-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Salaam

"The Qur'an is like a bride.
Although you pull
the veil away from her face,
she does not show herself to you.
When you investigate the Qur'an,
but receive no joy or mystical unveiling,
it is because your pulling at the veil
has caused you to be rejected.
The Qur'an has deceived you
and shown itself as ugly. It says,
"I am not a beautiful bride."
It is able to show itself
in any form it desires.
But if you stop pulling at its veil
and seek its good pleasure;
if you water its field, serve it from afar
and strive in that which pleases it,
then it will show you its face
without any need for you to draw aside its veil." – Rumi –

Translation by William C Chittick,

tw009
09-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Why is it that Allah doesn't answer our prayers, we've been praying for a longtime, why doesn't He answer our prayers?

It is because you know Allah but you don't obey Him, and you know the Prophet but you don't follow his sunnah, and you know the Qu'ran but you don't act upon it and you eat from the blessings of Allah but you are not thankful for those blessings, and you know paradise but you are not striving to get to it, and you know the fire of hell but you're not running away from it, and you know shaytan but you don't fight him, and you know death but you do not prepare for it.

Flame of Hope
09-17-2011, 12:12 AM
The highest reward for a man's toil
is not what he gets for it but what he becomes by it.
- John Ruskin

Flame of Hope
09-17-2011, 12:13 AM
The value of the average conversation could be enormously improved
by the constant use of four simple words: "I do not know."
- Andre Maurois

Flame of Hope
09-17-2011, 12:16 AM
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God
who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect
has intended us to forgo their use.
- Galileo Galilei

Lovely! :)

Flame of Hope
09-17-2011, 12:17 AM
When a friend is in trouble,
don't annoy him by asking if there is any thing you can do.
Think up something appropriate and do it.
- E. W. Howe

Flame of Hope
09-17-2011, 12:18 AM
You can't do anything about the length of your life,
but you can do something about its width and depth.
- Evan Esar

Flame of Hope
09-17-2011, 12:19 AM
I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.
Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
- Michael J. Fox

Flame of Hope
09-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
- William Arthur Ward

IslamicRevival
09-17-2011, 02:58 AM
"The softness of a person's nature doesn't mean weakness because nothing is softer than water but its force can break the the strongest Rocks."
My personal favorite, Thanks for this :)

Revert 2010
09-17-2011, 08:29 PM
"Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up" Jesse Jackson

Flame of Hope
09-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
- William Arthur Ward

This little quote ought to be highlighted and pasted on the wall.

What use is feeling appreciation for something that someone did and then not saying it?

In the same vein, one could say, what use is believing in Allah and His Messenger but refusing to say it?

If it was enough just to have feelings of gratitude, thankfulness, appreciation, faith, trust, love etc. in your heart and you think to yourself that this is all that matters, then why do people have to say out loud the shahadah to be a Muslim?

Your belief or faith isn't valid unless you declare it. If it was, then we wouldn't need to say the shahadah.

It's necessary to say it.... in order to prove that what you feel or believe in your heart is true.

If you don't say what's in your heart, it's as good as not having it. It's being miserly. Like a man who has wealth but won't spend it.

The Prophet (saws) even told us.... if you love someone.... go and tell that person you love him/her. If you don't, how is anyone going to know how you feel?

Also think about it this way. You are thankful to Allah for what He has given you. But the word of thanks "alhamdulillah!" doesn't come out of your lips.

If you are truly thankful, you'd say "Alhamdulillah"!

If you are truly appreciative of Allah's perfection, you'd say "Subhanallah"!

If you truly love someone, you'd tell that person, "I love you." For example, you would not just express your love in just words, you'd also show in actions. Like buying your Mom some roses to tell her how much you love her, while she's alive... Not buying them for her after she's dead.... and expecting her to have known that you had always loved her.

If you are truly grateful to someone for what he or she did, you'd say "Thankyou."

Whatever good is in your heart should be expressed in words. Or else, it has no value.

So yeah. Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.

Revert 2010
09-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom.
- Rabindranath Tagore

'Aleena
09-20-2011, 07:04 AM

Once Science said to Faith:

"My eye can see all that is in this world;
The Entire world is within my net.
I am only concerned with material things,
What have I to do with spiritual matters?
I can strike a thousand melodies,
And openly proclaim all the secrets that I learn."

Faith said:
"With your magic even the waves in the sea are set ablaze,
You can pollute the atmosphere with foul, poisonous gases.
When you associated with me, you were light,
When you broke off from me, your light became fire.
You were of Divine origin,
But you have been caught in the clutches of Shaytan.
Come, make this wasteland a garden once again.
Borrow from me a little of my ecstasy,
And in the world set up a paradise.
From the day of creation we have been associates,
We are the low and high tunes of the same melody."

ALLAMA IQBAL

'Aleena
09-20-2011, 07:08 AM
There is no knowledge except that taken from Allah, for He alone is the Knower... the prophets, in spite of their great number and the long periods of time which separate them, had no disagreement in knowledge of Allah, since they took it from Allah.
-Muhyddin Ibn 'Arabi

Innocent Soul
09-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have. Remember that whatever you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.

You will understand it after thinking deeply.

Ghazalah
09-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have. Remember that whatever you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.
Who said that? I love it.

Flame of Hope
09-21-2011, 02:39 AM
Let it be your constant method to look into the design of people's actions, and see what they would be at, as often as it is practicable; and to make this custom the more significant, practice it first upon yourself.

- Marcus Aurelius

tw009
09-21-2011, 05:55 AM
"Be like the flower that gives fragrance, even to the hand that crushes it."
-Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (as)

Innocent Soul
09-21-2011, 12:18 PM
If you truly care for somebody, make dua for them. If you truly dislike somebody, make dua for them. Dua is universal. It heals everything. :)

Muhaba
09-21-2011, 12:46 PM
thank you all for the great quotes (I wish i had the time to read them all)

Snowflake
09-21-2011, 01:08 PM
It is related that Abu 'Uthman was once riding in the street when a pot
of ashes was thrown down upon him. He dismounted, and prostrated
himself to God in gratitude, and then brushed the ashes from his
clothes without saying a word. 'Shall you not rebuke them?' he was
asked, but he replied, 'A man who deserves hellfire but receives only
ashes cannot fairly be angry'.
[Signs of good character]

SubhanAllah.
Wow! Subhan Allah. This one is like someone throwing a cold bucket of water over your head and waking you up with a jolt. It makes you see your own weaknesses clearly.

Innocent Soul
09-22-2011, 03:38 PM

Ghazalah
09-22-2011, 08:58 PM
"We become great Lawyers when we defend our own mistakes. But when we look at others' mistakes, we become Judges."

Ghazalah
09-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Eloquent Repentance...

Oh how sweet are the words of the one who speaks thus:‘‘I ask You by Your power and my humility to show mercy to me. I ask You by Your strength and my weakness, by Your independence of me and my dependence upon You. Here is my lying, sinful forelock in Your hands. Your slaves other than me are so many, and I have no refuge or sanctuary from You except with You. I ask You in the manner of the poor and wretched, I pray to You in the manner of one who humbly submits, I call on You in the manner of one who is fearful and blind, one whose neck is totally bowed to You, whose eyes shed tears for you, whose heart is humbled before You.’’When the slave comes whispering words such as these, his faith multiplies exponentially in his heart.”—Ibn al-Qayyim on expressing humility before Allah

Ghazalah
09-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Foolishness of Man

“Woe to you! You run to one who would shut his door in your face, display his poverty to you and conceal his riches. And you leave the One who opens His door to you in the middle of the night and the middle of the day, who displays His richness and proclaims, “invoke Me and I will respond.”"
- Wahb b. Munabbih

Ghazalah
09-22-2011, 09:09 PM
The heart, in its journey to Allah, Majestic is He, is like that of a bird: love is its head, and fear and hope on its two wings. When the head and two wings are sound, the bird flies gracefully; if the head is severed, the bird dies; if the bird loses one of its wings, it then becomes a target for every hunter or predator.—Ibn al-Qayyim

Ghazalah
09-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Wealth should be viewed just like the toilet, in that you have need for it and resort to it when necessary, but it has no place in your heart.—Ibn Taymiyyah

Innocent Soul
09-23-2011, 01:10 PM

FS123
09-23-2011, 07:18 PM
“Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.” - Charles Dickens

Flame of Hope
09-23-2011, 09:43 PM
“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
- Benjamin Franklin

Flame of Hope
09-23-2011, 09:44 PM
“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.” - Confucius

Flame of Hope
09-23-2011, 09:49 PM
“Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach.” - Aristotle

Pure Purple
09-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Don't cry because it happened,smile because it's over

Ghazalah
09-24-2011, 10:39 PM
"...And never give up hope of Allah's soothing Mercy: Truly no one despairs of Allah's soothing Mercy except those who have no faith." (12:87)

Flame of Hope
09-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Whenever a tradition of the Holy Prophet is related to you, scrutinize it, do not be satisfied with mere verbatim repetition of the same because there are many people who repeat the words containing knowledge but only few ponder over them and try to fully grasp the meaning they convey. - Ali ibn Abu Talib

Flame of Hope
09-24-2011, 10:46 PM
`Aishah related that the Prophet used to regularly say,

“O changer of hearts! Make our hearts firm in Thy faith." He was asked, O Messenger of Allah! Do you fear (that we may convert)? He said, people’s hearts are between two fingers of Allah’s who changes it whenever He likes.”

(Ibn Majah, AI-Hakim, At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Hibban)

Ghazalah
09-24-2011, 10:48 PM
More or less taken straight from the book "La Tahzan"-'Don't be sad.' Superb book.

The words 'isolation' and 'seclusion' have a special meaning in our religion: to stay away from evil and its perpetrators, and to keep those who are foolish at a distance. When you seclude yourself from evil in this manner, you will have an opportunity to reflect, to think, to graze in the meadows of enlightenment.

When you isolate yourself from things that divert you from Allah's obedience, you are giving yourself a dose of medicine, one that doctors of the heart have found to be a most potent cure. When you seclude yourself from evil and idleness, your brain is stimulated into action. The results are increases in faith, repentance, and remembrance of Allah, the Most Merciful.

Flame of Hope
09-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Sufyaan Ibn Uyaiynah (Rahimahullah) said:
"A scholar is not one who knows the good from the evil, rather the scholar is the one who knows the good so follows it, and knows the evil so (he) abstains from it."

- Kitab az-Zuhud
of Imaam Ahmad p. 246

Flame of Hope
09-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Ahmad ibn Yunus al-Yarbu’i said:

“Fudha’la Ibn Ubaid advised us saying: “If you can learn and not be known, do that; if you can listen and not talk, do that; and if you can sit and acquire knowledge from others, do that.’”

– Adh-Dhahabi “Siyar a’laam an-Nubalaa’”: 3/116

Ghazalah
09-24-2011, 11:04 PM
`Aishah related that the Prophet used to regularly say,

“O changer of hearts! Make our hearts firm in Thy faith." He was asked, O Messenger of Allah! Do you fear (that we may convert)? He said, people’s hearts are between two fingers of Allah’s who changes it whenever He likes.”

(Ibn Majah, AI-Hakim, At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Hibban)
I love that. JazakAllahu Khairan for sharing.

Flame of Hope
09-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Abû Al-Dardâ’ – Allah be pleased with him – said:

It is from a person’s knowledge and understanding that he sees to his needs first in order to turn to his prayer with a heart free of distractions.

Ibn Al-Mubârak in Al-Zuhd wa Al-Raqâ’iq Vol.2 p726

Flame of Hope
09-24-2011, 11:08 PM
This whole religion revolves around knowing the truth and acting by it, and action must be accompanied by patience. - Ibn Taymiyya

.......This reminds me of Surat-Al-Asr. :)

Flame of Hope
09-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Perpetually is the servant either the recipient of a blessing from Allah, in which case he is need of gratitude; or he is the perpetrator of a sin, in which case he is in need of repentance; he is always moving from one blessing to another and is always in need of repentance." - Ibn Taymiyya

Flame of Hope
09-24-2011, 11:14 PM
‘Alee ibn al-Hasan ibn Shaqeeq said: I heard ‘Abdullaah ibn al-Mubaarak say:

The first step towards (seeking) knowledge is the (sincerity of) intention, then it is listening, then it is understanding (this knowledge), then it is memorising (this knowledge), then it is acting (upon this knowledge), then it is spreading (this knowledge).

from Jaami’ Bayaan al-’Ilm wa Fadhlihi - Volume 1, Page 118

'Aleena
09-26-2011, 06:15 AM

If your intention in seeking knowledge is between God Most High and yourself and not merely to gain information, then rejoice! The Angels will spread out their wings for you while you walk, and the creatures in the sea will ask God to pardon you.

[Imam Al’Ghazali in his Bidaya al Hidaya]

Innocent Soul
09-26-2011, 11:33 AM
People always think that the most painful thing is losing the one you love in your life.
The truth is the most painful thing is losing your self in the process of loving someone too much forgetting that you're special too.

Flame of Hope
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
“Those who have knowledge, don't predict. Those who predict, don't have knowledge.” - Lao Tzu

Flame of Hope
09-26-2011, 07:51 PM
“The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Flame of Hope
09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Ya Allah!Make the best of my deeds my last deeds,and make the best of my life my last moments,and make the best day of my life the Day I meet You![A Bedouin]

Innocent Soul
09-27-2011, 11:11 AM

Pure Purple
09-27-2011, 12:47 PM

Grace Seeker
09-27-2011, 12:51 PM
"Every parting gives a foretaste of death, every reunion a hint of the resurrection." -- Arthur Schopenhauer

tw009
09-27-2011, 05:53 PM
"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S. Lewis

Flame of Hope
09-29-2011, 09:09 PM
One, on God's side, is a majority.
- Wendell Phillips

Flame of Hope
09-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Desire is half of life; Indifference is half of death.
- Kahlil Gibran

Flame of Hope
09-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.
- Robert Anthony.

:)

tw009
09-30-2011, 02:14 AM
“What is this world but a dream that a sleeper sees – he delights in it for a few moments, and then wakes up to face reality”. – Hasan Al-Basri

Flame of Hope
09-30-2011, 09:27 PM
It is our choices... that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J.K. Rowling.

Flame of Hope
09-30-2011, 09:28 PM
In order to be walked on, you have to be lying down. - Brian Weir.

Flame of Hope
09-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. - Vernon Sanders Law.

Flame of Hope
09-30-2011, 09:29 PM
The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. - Leo Buscaglia.

Flame of Hope
There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. - Aldous Huxley.

Flame of Hope
Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things. - Bruce Barton.

Flame of Hope
09-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. - Oscar Wilde

Innocent Soul
10-02-2011, 08:10 PM
The greatest pleasure in life is in doing what others say you cannot do.

Flame of Hope
10-03-2011, 02:13 AM

“Those who have knowledge, don't predict. Those who predict, don't have knowledge.” - Lao Tzu
Just wondering if anyone understood the significance and meaning of this quote?

'Aleena
10-03-2011, 04:29 AM
Just wondering if anyone understood the significance and meaning of this quote?
I thought I did, but now I am not sure. Go ahead and explain it to us : )

Innocent Soul
10-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Your love for God is seen in how you keep His commands and your attitude towards keeping them. It's not to earn HIS love, but to show YOURS :wub:.

Innocent Soul
10-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I think this means that the people who have knowledge think that there knowledge is too low to predict what's gonna happen. Those people who predict think that they have enough knowledge to know whats going to happen. Those who predict are unaware of their ignorance.

Innocent Soul
10-03-2011, 01:35 PM
“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.” - Confucius

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.