/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gems Beautiful Quotes, Proverbs, Sayings

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Innocent Soul
10-03-2011, 01:36 PM
"A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pure Purple
10-03-2011, 03:21 PM
The meaningful and too beautiful sentence:-
"Talk With Some one Who Makes you Happy, But Talk More With Someone Who Can't Be Happy Without u...!

Flame of Hope
10-04-2011, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
I think this means that the people who have knowledge think that there knowledge is too low to predict what's gonna happen. Those people who predict think that they have enough knowledge to know whats going to happen. Those who predict are unaware of their ignorance.
Assalamu alaykum sister.

Mashallah! Nice observation. :) Jazakallah khair.

People of knowledge never make predictions because they know that the future belongs to the domain of the unseen. They are the ones who would say "inshallah" whenever they speak about doing something in the future. They know that things only happen if it is Allah's will that they happen. They don't make any predictions because they do not know what is Allah's will.

Plenty of verses from the Qur'an and hadiths underline this great principle embodied in the quote by Lao Tze.

Eg. 1. They ask when is the Hour? Tell them o Prophet that the knowledge of the Hour is only with Allah.

2. And no man knows how, where and WHEN he will die.

3. The importance of saying "inshallah" is emphasized in the Qur'an.

4. Making predictions is actually forbidden in Islam! Consider the hadiths and verses regarding fortune-telling, gambling, indulging in speculation.

Innocent Soul
10-05-2011, 11:50 AM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pure Purple
10-05-2011, 03:51 PM

"O ye who believe! Fear Allah and be with those who are true (in word and deed)." Qur'an (9:119)

Innocent Soul
10-06-2011, 08:01 AM

Flame of Hope
10-07-2011, 12:39 AM
The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook. - William James.

Flame of Hope
10-07-2011, 12:41 AM
People forget how fast you did a job - but they remember how well you did it.
- Howard Newton.

Pure Purple
10-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Avoiding something doesn't always mean that you hate it, it could also mean that you want it but you know it just isn't right.

Innocent Soul
10-08-2011, 03:31 AM

Reflections
10-08-2011, 01:23 PM
^interesting quote though it would be better without that woman just standing there (in immodest clothing for the world to see)

Innocent Soul
10-09-2011, 02:21 AM

Kitsune92
10-09-2011, 03:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TalibahMuslimah
^interesting quote though it would be better without that woman just standing there (in immodest clothing for the world to see)
That's actually considered quite modest by most non muslim standards. :p

alluminati
10-09-2011, 03:28 AM
When Allaah gives you something, hold onto it until He wants it back. -Unknown

Kitsune92
10-09-2011, 03:51 AM
^Unless he gives you something to test you. :)

Kitsune92
10-09-2011, 03:52 AM
^Or if he gives you wealth, holding on to it is the last thing you'd want to do! :)

Innocent Soul
10-09-2011, 08:44 AM

tw009
10-09-2011, 05:42 PM
'He who avoids complaint invites happiness.'

Innocent Soul
10-10-2011, 11:33 AM

Endymion
10-10-2011, 06:58 PM
If you are right then there is no need to get angry.
If you are wrong then you don't have any right to get angry!

Patience with family is love...
Patience with others is respect...
Patience with one self is confidence...
and Patience with GOD is faith...

Never Think Hard about THE PAST,
It brings Tears...
Don't Think more about THE FUTURE,
It brings Fears...
Live this Moment with a Smile...
It brings Cheers.

Every test in our life makes us bitter or better,
Every problem comes to make us or break us,
Choice is ours whether we become victim or victorious!

Search a beautiful heart not a beautiful face...
Beautiful things are not always good...
but good things are always beautiful...

Do you know why God created gaps between fingers?
So that someone who is special to you comes and fills those gaps by holding your hands forever!

Innocent Soul
10-11-2011, 12:53 AM

tw009
10-11-2011, 01:51 AM
'A women's best jewellery is her shyness'

'Aleena
10-11-2011, 03:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Remember God is like a pressed flower in your Notebook.
It may not have any fragrance
but will remind you of HIS existence forever in your life!
Dunno why, but I didn't like this one.

Innocent Soul
10-11-2011, 11:11 AM
^ Yeah. It's not good because it's comparing god with a pressed flower ^o).

Innocent Soul
10-11-2011, 11:21 AM

tw009
10-12-2011, 04:43 PM
"What a wonderful thing to know Him (i.e Allah)! But how can one know Him but not love Him? How can one hear the caller but fail to respond? How can one know the profit to be gained in dealing with Him but still prefer others? How can one taste the bitterness of disobeying Him but still abstain from seeking the pleasure of obeying Him? How can one feel the severity of engaging in trivial speech, but fail to open your heart to His remembrance? How can one be tortured by being attached to others but not rush toward the bliss of turning to Him in repentance? Perhaps it is most surprising to know that while you are in need of Him, you are still reluctant to move toward Him because you seek others" -Ibn Al-Qayyim

Iconodule
10-12-2011, 04:47 PM
"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Syria

Endymion
10-12-2011, 06:10 PM
In the end,you'll get high blood pressure :skeleton:

~The wise Endy of Happy Valley~

Innocent Soul
10-13-2011, 02:10 AM

Innocent Soul
10-13-2011, 12:07 PM

Innocent Soul
10-14-2011, 01:01 PM

Innocent Soul
10-15-2011, 09:34 AM

Innocent Soul
10-15-2011, 01:06 PM

Flame of Hope
10-15-2011, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Aleena
Originally Posted by Endymion:

Remember God is like a pressed flower in your Notebook.
It may not have any fragrance
but will remind you of HIS existence forever in your life!

Dunno why, but I didn't like this one.
:sl:

I think it's a point of view sister. We value flowers and we keep them in our notebooks because we want to preserve some of their beauty.. and want to look at them again and again. They may be pressed but they have not withered and vanished into thin air. It's a thing that I myself used to do. I kept petals and flowers in my notebooks and years later, those petals were still there. I would look at them in amazement and wonder.

So from that point of view... I think God is like a pressed flower. A flower that we want to preserve... and cherish for the rest of our lives. Its fragrance might fade away. But it exists within the pages.... as a reminder to us... that God is close by and always near. :)

Flame of Hope
10-16-2011, 12:02 AM

Have to admit... nice one! :)

It's got my username all over the place. lol.

Innocent Soul
10-17-2011, 11:02 AM

Innocent Soul
10-17-2011, 12:01 PM

Iconodule
10-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Observe all the things made by man — houses, build*ings large or small, towns, vil*lages, peo*ples and their civ*i*liza*tions. Ask ques*tions to enrich your knowl*edge about each and every*thing; don’t be indif*fer*ent. This helps you med*i*tate more deeply on the won*ders of God. All things become oppor*tu*ni*ties for us to be joined more closely with every*thing and every*one. They become occa*sions for thanks*giv*ing and prayer to the Lord of All. Live in the midst of every*thing, nature and the uni*verse. Nature is the secret Gospel. but when one does not pos*sess inner grace, nature is of no ben*e*fit. Nature awak*ens us, but it can*not bring us into Paradise.
- Elder Porphyrios

Bintulislam
10-17-2011, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riham

I think it's a point of view sister. We value flowers and we keep them in our notebooks because we want to preserve some of their beauty.. and want to look at them again and again. They may be pressed but they have not withered and vanished into thin air. It's a thing that I myself used to do. I kept petals and flowers in my notebooks and years later, those petals were still there. I would look at them in amazement and wonder.

So from that point of view... I think God is like a pressed flower. A flower that we want to preserve... and cherish for the rest of our lives. Its fragrance might fade away. But it exists within the pages.... as a reminder to us... that God is close by and always near. :)
I think here, it implies that no matter how unremembered God becomes in our lives. Only a simple glimpse of His absolute presence can flash back all the times He as been with us. :)

Bintulislam
10-17-2011, 11:31 PM
True. I believe it. :D

Bintulislam
10-17-2011, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
"What a wonderful thing to know Him (i.e Allah)! But how can one know Him but not love Him? How can one hear the caller but fail to respond? How can one know the profit to be gained in dealing with Him but still prefer others? How can one taste the bitterness of disobeying Him but still abstain from seeking the pleasure of obeying Him? How can one feel the severity of engaging in trivial speech, but fail to open your heart to His remembrance? How can one be tortured by being attached to others but not rush toward the bliss of turning to Him in repentance? Perhaps it is most surprising to know that while you are in need of Him, you are still reluctant to move toward Him because you seek others" -Ibn Al-Qayyim
I LITERALLY LOVE all of Ibn al Qayim's quotes.

Banu_Hashim
10-17-2011, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
‘What is destined will reach you, even if it be underneath two mountains. What is not destined, will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips!’ — An Arabic proverb
Do you have the Arabic script for that?

Banu_Hashim
10-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Let the days do as they please. And be optimistic when destiny decrees. Do not despair due to the events of the nights past. For the events of this world were never meant to last.

Imam Al-Shafi-Rahimuhallah.
Beautiful! Where do you find these quotes?

Innocent Soul
10-18-2011, 01:19 PM

tw009
10-19-2011, 01:59 AM
"Whoever competes with you in your Deen [Religion], then compete with him, but whoever competes with you in your Dunya [Worldly Matters], then throw it to him"
-Imaam al-Hasan al-Basri

'Aleena
10-19-2011, 06:51 AM
I think it's a point of view sister.
Yep, it is.

And I am tired of pushing the like button. All the quotes are mesmerizing.
May Allah bless you all!

Tawangar
10-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Those before you used to give
to their worldly affairs what
was left over from their pursuit
of the hereafter. But today you
give to the matters of the hereafter,
the leftovers from your pursuit of
worldly affairs. 'Awn ibn 'Abdillah.
Quoted by Abi Nu'aym in
Hilyat al `Awliya.

Innocent Soul
10-20-2011, 11:29 AM

Innocent Soul
10-21-2011, 11:56 AM

Haya emaan
10-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Tolerance is the highest degree of our strength and Desire to take revenge is the first sign of weakness

Flame of Hope
10-21-2011, 05:17 PM

Very nice saying, masha'allah!

The fear of coming out of hiding, coming out of your closet, opening your mind and listening to other people's points of view which may be totally in conflict with your long-held beliefs.....

Yeah.... I'd definitely agree... "To conquer (that) fear is the beginning of wisdom." :statisfie

Innocent Soul
10-22-2011, 12:19 PM

Innocent Soul
10-23-2011, 02:07 AM

peace_maker
10-23-2011, 03:09 PM
My first ever self-made quote with background, inspired by Innocent Soul. :statisfie

Attachment 4409

sis muslimah
10-23-2011, 09:42 PM
"Everyone who is taken by death asks for more time, while everyone who still has time makes excuses for procrastination." [Ali ibn Abi Talib]

Flame of Hope
10-24-2011, 06:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
My first ever self-made quote with background, inspired by Innocent Soul.

Truth is bitter. Learn to savor it.
Truth is bitter when you find that you were wrong. :)

Since bitter things can't be savored, they must then be swallowed. lol.

Innocent Soul
10-24-2011, 12:09 PM

Innocent Soul
10-26-2011, 07:59 AM

Innocent Soul
10-26-2011, 08:02 AM

tw009
10-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Live as long as you may, for verily you must die. Love whoever you wish, for one day you shall taste its separation- Imam Ghazali

sis muslimah
10-26-2011, 09:14 PM
♥ ♥ To Me,ISLAM is like water while the secular society is like coke,Coke is Great for living the moment but towards the end U burp,gain weight,clog UR arteries & get addicted to the taste,It really doesnt quench Ur thirst that well,Water isnt ideal for living up the moment,but it quenches Ur thrist better than anything elese & leaves U hydrated to complete Ur daily job ♥ ♥ (Ali Mahmoud)

Tawangar
10-28-2011, 06:10 AM
Shaikh Dhun’l-Nun al-Misri (Allah have mercy on him) said,
‘He who takes upon himself what does not concern him neglects what concerns him.’
Jawami’ Adab al-Sufiya, page 18

Pure Purple
10-28-2011, 12:07 PM

sis muslimah
10-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Your obedience does not benefit Him, and your disobedience does not harm Him. It is only for your own good that He commanded the one and prohibited the other

Tawangar
10-29-2011, 06:13 AM
Shaikh Sahl ibn ‘Abd Allah (Allah have mercy on him) said,‘To be preoccupied with a past moment is to lose a second moment.’Jawami ‘Adab al-Sufiya, page 14

Tawangar
10-31-2011, 06:32 AM
Ibn Abî Mulaykah – Allah have mercy on him – said:
I met thirty of the Prophet’s Companions – Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him – and every one of them feared falling into nifâq (hypocrisy); not one of them claimed he had the level of faith of Jibrîl or Mîkâ`îl.
Quoted by Al-Bukhârî, Al-Sahîh, Chapter on the believer fearing that his deeds will be nullified without him realizing.

Innocent Soul
10-31-2011, 12:16 PM
Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.
-Helen Keller

Pure Purple
10-31-2011, 03:25 PM
“Whoever bears arms against us is not one of us, and whoever cheats us is not one of us.” ( sahih albukhari)

sis muslimah
10-31-2011, 09:36 PM
It was not Muslims that had made Islam great; it was Islam that had made the Muslims great."

Tawangar
11-01-2011, 06:52 AM
Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr (rahmatullahi ‘alayh) narrates from someone of knowledge who said: “Learn to say, ‘I do not know’, and do not learn to say: ‘I know’. This is because if you say: ‘I do not know’, they will teach you till you know. But if you say, ‘I know’, they will continue questioning you till you have no answer.” Ibn ‘Abdil Barr, Jami’ Bayan al-‘Ilm, Vol 2, p. 55

tw009
11-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Imam Ahmad was asked, “When is there rest?”
He answered, “When you put your foot in Paradise, you will find rest.”

Innocent Soul
11-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Knowledge is to understand that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Innocent Soul
11-03-2011, 05:13 PM
For everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him"
-Ibn al-Qayyim

islamica
11-03-2011, 05:27 PM
And whenever you give your word, say the truth [al-An’aam 6:152]
And seek help in patience and prayer [al-Baqarah 2:45]
And speak good to people [al-Baqarah 2:83]

Innocent Soul
11-04-2011, 12:47 PM
tumblr lu4xdlGVT21r4x8fso1 1280?AWSAccessKeyIdAKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&ampExpires1320497242&ampSignature7wuFjJ1y8ApwHhzoGJG0aQySw9E3D -

islamica
11-04-2011, 04:38 PM
And fulfil the Covenant of Allaah when you have covenanted [al-Nahl 16:91]

Verily! Allaah commands that you should render back the trusts to those to whom they are due [al-Nisa’ 4:58]

Tawangar
11-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.

Douglas Adams.

Haya emaan
11-05-2011, 10:25 AM
"i can calculate every thing, even the velocity of light but can not calculate the hate of the people behind their smile"
Albert Einstein

islamica
11-06-2011, 01:22 AM
And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty) [al-Talaaq 65:2]

And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him [al-Talaaq 65:3]

Innocent Soul
11-06-2011, 01:29 PM
^ You should post the Quranic verses here.

islamica
11-06-2011, 06:05 PM
^ You should post the Quranic verses here
I am :)

“What's a 'moderate Muslim'? - Someone that doesn't mind the invasion and occupation of Muslim countries and the slaughter of countless people there? We will see the end of 'extremist' Muslims when we see the end of 'extremist' leaders in the West. It's not rocket science although it is in a lot of people's interests to pretend that it is.” - Marie Xeno

marwen
11-06-2011, 06:16 PM
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Innocent Soul
11-07-2011, 05:21 AM
A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.
-Mohandas Gandhi

A team will always appreciate a great individual if he's willing to sacrifice for the group.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Being selfish to me means that you have to look out for yourself and you don't have to sacrifice.
-Herbie Mann

“Sacrificing your happiness for the happiness of the one you love, is by far, the truest type of love.”
-Henry David Thoreau

“The sacrifice which causes sorrow to the doer of the sacrifice is no sacrifice. Real sacrifice lightens the mind of the doer and gives him a sense of peace and joy. The Buddha gave up the pleasures of life because they had become painful to him.”
-Mahatma Gandhi

islamica
11-08-2011, 04:33 AM
“A ‘moderate Islam’ is Islam that shall remain rooted in the fundamentals of Islamic authenticity and the eternal values of Islam’s universal worldview, not the short term demands of US oil companies, conglomerates and think tanks. Central to this is the struggle for universal justice and equality, which is at the heart of the Islamic message”. - Dr. Farish Noor

Endymion
11-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Ahmad bin Harb said:-

“I worshipped Allaah for fifty { 50 } Years!
But ...
tasted the delight of worship
only after ... { ??? }
I abandoned three {3} things: -

#1/~ I discarded seeking people’s pleasure,
and thus was able to speak the Truth.
#2/ ~I abandoned associating with the wicked, and thus ...
tasted the delight of accompanying
the Righteous.
#3/ ~ I ignored the delights of this world, and thus tasted the delight of the Hereafter.”
[Source:-As-Siyar, vol. 11, p. 34]
.....“So a wall will be put up between them,
with a gate therein.

Inside it will be mercy, and outside it will be torment”
[Quran-al-Hadeed 57:13]

islamica
11-08-2011, 05:45 PM
“The role of woman is at the heart of any culture. Apart from stealing Arab oil, the war in Iraq and Afghanistan are about stripping Muslims their religion and culture, exchanging the burqa for a bikini…… The Muslim woman’s focus is her home, the “nest” where her children are born and reared. She is the “home” maker, the taproot that sustains the spiritual life of the family, nurturing and training her children, providing refuge and support to her husband. On contrast, the bikinied American beauty queen struts practically naked in front of millions on TV. A feminist, she belongs to herself. In practice, paradoxically, she is a public property. She belongs to no one and everyone. She shops her body to the highest bidder. She is auctioning herself all of the time…..” [Bikini vs Burqa: The Debauchery of Women]- Henry Makow PhD

Flame of Hope
11-08-2011, 06:18 PM
A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.
-Mohandas Gandhi

Can we get more information on this quote? What is its context and about who specifically is he talking about?

I hope he is not referring to Jesus.

“The sacrifice which causes sorrow to the doer of the sacrifice is no sacrifice. Real sacrifice lightens the mind of the doer and gives him a sense of peace and joy. The Buddha gave up the pleasures of life because they had become painful to him.”
-Mahatma Gandhi

I don't know if I agree with this quote.

The pleasures of life are tempting and pleasing. Never painful. To give up those pleasures takes a lot of strength. And that strength is gained when one understands that the Hereafter is better than this dunya.

That strength is gained when one acquires knowledge and has increased faith in the Last Day.

Real sacrifice is when a person puts the needs of others before his own.... and this has got nothing to do with how he feels about the sacrifice he is making. He cares not about how he feels. He does it.... to seek Allah's good pleasure.

Consider the story of Ibrahim, alayhis salam.... and how he was willing to sacrifice his own son! Did he feel sorrow? Or did he feel peace and joy at the time of making the sacrifice? Well, he didn't care how he felt. He only knew that he could not disobey his Lord. And obey Him he did, and willing to sacrifice his son he was.... regardless of how he felt about it.

islamica
11-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - budda

A woman has to be intelligent, have charm, a sense of humor, and be kind. It's the same qualities I require from a man.
Catherine Deneuve

Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.
W. Clement Stone

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
Anatole France

Tawangar
11-09-2011, 05:44 AM
Imam al-Ghazzali (rahmatullahi ‘alayh) says: “The person who remains silent when he does not know—and he does this solely for Allah—is no lesser in reward than the person who speaks. This is because admitting ignorance is more difficult on the soul.”

islamica
11-09-2011, 05:54 AM
This dunya is like a shadow. If you try to catch it, you will never be able to do so. If you turn your back towards it, it has no choice but to follow you.
-Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah

tw009
11-09-2011, 06:42 AM
`Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) said, “Allāh has concealed two within two: He has concealed His pleasure in righteous acts, so one does not know which righteous act of his pleases Allah; and He has concealed His awliyā’ amongst His servants, so one does not know which servant of Allāh is His walī.”

Flame of Hope
11-09-2011, 07:45 PM
`Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) said, “Allāh has concealed two within two: He has concealed His pleasure in righteous acts, so one does not know which righteous act of his pleases Allah; and He has concealed His awliyā’ amongst His servants, so one does not know which servant of Allāh is His walī.”

One of the most beautiful quotes..... in this entire thread.

Jazakallah khair sister for finding this jewel.

*makes note of this saying in Precious Jewels book*

Tawangar
11-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Walk softly but carry a big stick.

Tawangar
11-10-2011, 06:31 AM
"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."
George Bush Jr.

Ali_008
11-10-2011, 09:49 AM
"Just had a good talk with God.

Told me if we want something - work for it and He'll meet us halfway."

- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Ghazalah
11-13-2011, 11:40 AM
How is possible for one's heart to be certain that one is going to meet Allah swt, that Allah swt sees and hears all that he does, and knows his secrets, and that he will be be made to stand before Allah swt, answerable for all his deeds - how can one be certain and aware of all this, and yet persists upon things which displease Allah: persists abandoning Allah's orders, neglecting His rights, and yet claims he has good expectation of Allah?

~Ibnul-Qayyim.

Ghazalah
11-13-2011, 11:43 AM
If I were to backbite against anyone, it would be about my parents, for they have more right to my good deeds.

~Abdullah Ibn-Mubarak.

Ghazalah
11-13-2011, 11:45 AM
The sea of pleasures may drown it's owner and the swimmer fears to open his eyes under the water.

~Ibnul-Qayyim.

Ghazalah
11-13-2011, 11:46 AM
What is this world but a dream that a sleeper sees - he delights in it for a few moments, and then wakes up to face reality.

~Hasan Al-Basree.

Flame of Hope
11-13-2011, 07:18 PM
What is this world but a dream that a sleeper sees - he delights in it for a few moments, and then wakes up to face reality.

~Hasan Al-Basree.
La ilaha il Allah Muhammaddar Rasul Allah!!!

Tawangar
11-14-2011, 07:41 AM
“He who does not show gratitude to Allah upon His blessings has essentially made duā’ for those blessings to be taken away from him.”
Imam Haarith al Muhaasibi.

Ghazalah
11-14-2011, 10:38 PM
The one who is truly imprisoned is the one whose heart is imprisoned from Allah swt and the captivated one is the one whose desires have enslaved him.

~Ibnul-Qayyim.

Ghazalah
11-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Whoever loves this Dunya and is pleased by it, then he should know that love of the akhira is leaving their heart because the two cannot co-exist in one heart.

~Hassan Al-Basree.

Ghazalah
11-14-2011, 10:42 PM
There is nothing beyond Allah swt that deserves to be sought and nothing finds its conclusion with other than Him.

~Ibnul Qayyim.

Flame of Hope
11-15-2011, 04:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tawangar
“He who does not show gratitude to Allah upon His blessings has essentially made du῾ā’ for those blessings to be taken away from him.”
Imam Haarith al Muhaasibi.

That ...... is so scary! :nervous:

Tawangar
11-15-2011, 05:12 AM
The man who fears nothing is as powerful as he who is feared by everyone.

Friedrich Von Schiller.

Flame of Hope
11-15-2011, 08:22 PM
The man who fears nothing is as powerful as he who is feared by everyone.

Friedrich Von Schiller.

A man who fears nothing besides God would be powerful.

A man who fears nothing and who does not fear even God..... couldn't be powerful AT ALL.

Tawangar
11-16-2011, 06:30 AM
"They misunderestimated me.":p
George Bush Jr. Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

Muslim Woman
11-17-2011, 02:01 AM

Your souls are precious and can only be equal the price of Paradise, therefore sell them only for that.

[Ali radi Allah anhu]

O my son, let not the rooster be smarter than you, it calls at the early hours of dawn, while you are asleep

[Hadhrat Luqman]

Tawangar
11-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Shaikh Abu ‘Amr al-Dimashqi (Allah have mercy on him) said,
‘He who keeps to the Sunna of the Prophet(Allah’s blessings and peace be upon him) and lets himself be guided by it, he is the one who governs his nafs in the most excellent way.’
Jawami ‘Adab al-Sufiyya, page 37.

Tawangar
11-17-2011, 08:06 AM
A man inserted an 'ad' in the classifieds: "Wife wanted". Next day he received a hundred letters. They all said the same thing: "You can have mine."

Tawangar
11-17-2011, 08:07 AM
"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong."
Milton Berle.

Muslim Woman
11-17-2011, 12:16 PM

A man inserted an 'ad' in the classifieds: "Wife wanted". Next day he received a hundred letters. They all said the same thing: "You can have mine."

lol , suitable for Joke thread under this title.

Singles can have laugh

http://www.islamicboard.com/puzzles-...thread-58.html

Flame of Hope
11-18-2011, 03:37 AM

There's an English proverb that goes: "Speak of the devil and he doth appear".

Deriving from the Middle Ages, this proverb was a superstitious prohibition against speaking directly of the Devil or of evil in general, which was considered to incite that party to appear, generally with unfortunate consequences. Its first printed usage in modern English can be found in Giovanni Torriano's Piazza Universale (1666), as "The English say, Talk of the Devil, and he's presently at your elbow."

The phrase lost its overt message during the 19th century, during which it became a warning against eavesdroppers - "No good of himself does a listener hear,/Speak of the devil he's sure to appear"), and by the 20th century had taken on its present meaning.

In Finnish this principle is stated in the words: "Siinä paha missä mainitaan", which translates to "Evil is where it's mentioned."

In Hindi/Urdu: "Shaitan ka na'am lo, shaitan hazir" which translates to "Speak of the devil, and he will appear."

In Yiddish: "A shod m'hot nisht geredt fun moshiach" which translates to "We should have talked about the Messiah," or "A shame we weren't talking about the Messiah."

Another Yiddish idiom: "Az men redt fun der malech, kumt der galech", which translates to "Talk about the angel, and here comes the priest."

source

I think it's important to reflect on these sayings...... and then apply what we understand from them in our daily lives.

Speak about good........ and you will get good.

Speak about evil.......... and you will get evil.

Tawangar
11-19-2011, 06:27 AM

"Corruption is a strange thing. It is impossible for one right upto the moment that it becomes inevitable for him."

:wa:

Tawangar
11-21-2011, 05:20 AM
When the going gets ugly, the ugly get uglier.

tw009
11-21-2011, 05:33 AM
^
When the going gets tough, it means you are on the right path…

SyrianFellow
11-21-2011, 06:20 AM
"Words"
The wound of words is worse than the wound of swords.
~Arab Proverb

tw009
11-21-2011, 05:30 PM
“Oh men who take pleasure in this world, falling in love with a fading shadow is pure stupidity”. - `Ali radi Allahu ‘anhu (may Allah be pleased with him).

Ghazalah
11-21-2011, 07:07 PM
"Sins need to be burnt, either with the pain of regret in this world or with the fire of Hell in the hereafter."

~Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah (Rahimahullah)

Ghazalah
11-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Imam Ahmed reported a hadith in his book called zuhd, in which the Prophet PBUH relates the saying of Allah swt:

"Strange are you, O Son of Adam! I have created you and you worship other than Me. I have provided for you and you thank those besides Me. I show you love by giving you blessings and I do not need you. While you show me animosity through sins and you are to Me poor. My good is descending to you and you evil is rising to Me."

SubhanAllah.

Ghazalah
11-21-2011, 07:14 PM
"What has he found who has lost Allah swt, and what has he discovered who has found Allah swt? They can never be equal; the one who has found Allah swt has found everything, and the one who has lost Him and lost everything."

~Uknown

Flame of Hope
11-21-2011, 07:49 PM
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Every son of Adam makes mistakes, and the best of those who make mistakes are those who repent.”

(Reported by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2499, and by Ibn Maajah, who narrated this version – al-Sunan, ed. by ‘Abd al-Baqi, no. 4251)

Flame of Hope
11-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Ibn ‘Abbaas reported that a man said, “O Messenger of Allaah, whatever Allaah and you will.”

He (saws) said, “Are you making me equal to Allaah? [Say instead:] What Allaah alone wills.”

(Reported by Ahmad, al-Musnad, 1/283).

Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!!

Tawangar
11-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Married men live longer than single men, but married men are a lot more willing to die.

Muslim Woman
11-22-2011, 04:03 PM

"It used to be said when winter came:
'O people of the Qur'an, the night has become long so you can pray (more) and the day has become short for you to fast.' "

~‘Ubayd b. ‘Umayr (radi Allahu anhu)

Flame of Hope
11-24-2011, 02:44 AM
Married men live longer than single men, but married men are a lot more willing to die.

You should put this in the jokes section. rofl. ;D

Tawangar
11-25-2011, 05:13 AM

You should put this in the jokes section. rofl. ;D

"I've had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me, and the second one didn't."
Patrick Murray

Muslim Woman
11-25-2011, 02:56 PM

"I've had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me, and the second one didn't."
Patrick Murray

brother , as requested - pl. post these in Joke thread . These are really funny but more suitable for Joke / Homour section.

May I request the Mod to move these posts to Joke thread ?

Flame of Hope
11-25-2011, 03:53 PM
"It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when your own house is in need of repair and attention."

Tawangar
11-26-2011, 05:10 AM
Abû Bakr Al-Matû’î said:I sat in the circle of Abû ‘Abdillâh Ahmad b. Hanbal for twelve years while he read the Musnad to his children, and I never wrote a single hadîth, I only looked at his behavior, character and etiquette.
Ibn Al-Jawzî, Manâqib Ahmad, article 210.

tw009
11-27-2011, 08:25 PM
"It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela

Flame of Hope
11-29-2011, 12:33 AM
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen.
"There is no deity except You; exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers."

I've always loved this line.

Love it to death. :)

Tawangar
11-30-2011, 07:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

brother , as requested - pl. post these in Joke thread . These are really funny but more suitable for Joke / Homour section.

May I request the Mod to move these posts to Joke thread ?
Do what you wish, sister.

Tawangar
11-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Tie your camel and place your trust in Allah. (Hadith in Tirmidhi)

Muslim Woman
11-30-2011, 04:06 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by birkah
Ibn Qayyim RA said: Adam AS was taken out of Jannah, while he was in it. He was taken out because of a single sin that he did. And you are constantly doing sins, while outside of Jannah, yet hoping to enter Jannah.
قال ابن قيم رحمة الله عليه اخرج آدم من جنة وكان فيها اخرج منها بذنب واحد وانت مقيم على معاصي كثيرة وخارج الجنة وترج الجنة

we are stupid enough to be that brave or brave enough to be that stupid :omg:

Innocent Soul
12-01-2011, 01:45 AM
We cannot change the past to rewrite a better beginning, but we can work for the future and strive for a better ending.
— Yasir Qadhi

Flame of Hope
12-01-2011, 01:53 AM
One, on God's side, is a majority.
- Wendell Phillips

Can someone explain this quote?

Jazakallah khair.

Innocent Soul
12-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Don't judge a person by what others say.
The person may be true to you, But not to others..
Because the same sun which melts the ice, hardens the clay

IslamicRevival
12-02-2011, 06:08 PM
- Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.
- There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.

Brother Malcom X, May Allah Azzawajal be pleased with him and grant him Jannah

Tawangar
12-03-2011, 06:22 AM
"The problem with political jokes is they get elected."

tw009
12-03-2011, 07:14 PM
"Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form".- Rumi

Tawangar
12-04-2011, 07:24 AM
“Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river. “ Krushchev.

Haya emaan
12-04-2011, 10:21 AM
"A person who spends sometime daily on his knees for praying, will never find it difficult to stand on his feet through out his life."

Innocent Soul
12-04-2011, 12:45 PM
"Love is an emotion experienced by the many and enjoyed by the few."
- George Jean Nathan

Innocent Soul
12-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Don't make a permanent decision for your temporary emotion.

tw009
12-04-2011, 11:32 PM
"To speak less is wisdom, to eat less is healthy and to mingle less with the people is safe and serene." Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (RA)

Innocent Soul
12-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Tears are prayers too.
They travel to ALLAH when we can't speak

Flame of Hope
12-05-2011, 08:42 PM
"To speak less is wisdom, to eat less is healthy and to mingle less with the people is safe and serene." Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (RA)

Alhamdulillah! I wish I could speak less, eat less and also mingle less with the people..... :hmm:

I try to... but don't always succeed. :exhausted

Muslim Woman
12-07-2011, 12:22 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Faatin

Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them. - Lou Holtz
hmmm may be only 1 % want to help ?

Muslim Woman
12-07-2011, 01:03 AM

“Life is full of loveliness. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest possible, and fight for your imaginings.”
…………….
“The diversity between school and life? In school, you’re skilled a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.”

Tawangar
12-07-2011, 06:38 AM
"The lectures of Ahmad (ibn Hanbal) were sittings of the Hereafter. He would not mention in them anything of the worldly affairs; and I never saw him mention this world."
Imam Abu Dawud.

Tawangar
12-07-2011, 06:42 AM
"Imam Malik wiped his sweat and said, “By Allah, Abu Hanifa made me sweat. By Allah, he is a true jurist. I’ve never seen a man debating like that. By Allah, if he told you that this iron rod is made out of gold, he would convince you.”
Imam Malik ibn Anas to Imam Layth ibn Sa'd after talking to Imam Abu Hanifa.

Tawangar
12-07-2011, 06:43 AM
“Sciences worth studying are only two: the science of fiqh to do with religion and the science of medicine to do with the body.” – Imam Shafi’i

ariginality
12-07-2011, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.
From someone who loves Malcolm X, this quote goes against Islam. It's saying if someone punches you, you kill him.

IslamicRevival
12-07-2011, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ariginality
From someone who loves Malcolm X, this quote goes against Islam. It's saying if someone punches you, you kill him.
In context it doesn't.

Ghazalah
12-07-2011, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
In context it doesn't.
Does he mean in the boxing ring? :hmm:

Detachment from the Dunya is not that you should own nothing, but that nothing should own you.
~ Ali Ibn Abi Thalib R.A

Ghazalah
12-07-2011, 06:59 PM
"Whenever a rope tightens, it snaps; and the same holds true for hardships: When a hardship becomes too hard to bear, it snaps, making way for ease, comfort, and better days." [ Dr Aa'id al-Qarni ]

♥ Sofia ♥
12-07-2011, 07:05 PM
"if anyone travels on a road in search of knowledge, Allah will cause him to travel on one of the roads of paradise."
- prophet Muhammad (saw) as reported by abu darda in sunan abu dawood

Innocent Soul
12-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Don't depend too much on anyone in this world, because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness...

Tawangar
12-08-2011, 05:00 AM
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Innocent Soul
12-09-2011, 02:13 PM
“Prayer is as natural an expression of faith as breathing is of life.”
Jonathan Edward

Flame of Hope
12-09-2011, 05:04 PM
“Tolerance implies a respect for another person, not because he is wrong or even because he is right, but because he is human.”

- John Cogley Commonweal

Flame of Hope
12-09-2011, 05:14 PM
“He who wants a rose must respect the thorn.”
- Persian Proverb

Flame of Hope
12-09-2011, 05:16 PM
“In recognizing the humanity of our fellow beings, we pay ourselves the highest tribute.”

- Thurgood Marshall

Ghazalah
12-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Whoever loves this worldly life, will estimate its value, and he will make himself a slave to it, and it will humiliate him. And whoever neglects it, will notice his great value, and it will serve him, and it will humiliate itself for him.

(Ibn al-Qayyim)

Ghazalah
12-10-2011, 12:04 AM
"The shortest distance between a problem and its solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to Allah can stand up to anything."

Ghazalah
12-10-2011, 12:06 AM
For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord;"

Love this ayah. :wub:

Mikayeel
12-10-2011, 09:37 AM
One of my favourite quotes, forgive me if it was quoted before in this thread.

“A woman can hide her love for 40 years, but her disgust and anger not for one day”

Muslim Woman
12-10-2011, 02:20 PM

Each of your breaths is a priceless jewel, since each of them is irreplaceable and once gone, can never be retrieved.

[Imam Ghazali]

Ghazalah
12-11-2011, 08:15 PM
“Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul. Rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord."

Ghazalah
12-11-2011, 08:19 PM
I wonder at the man who sees people dying around him and yet he has forgotten his end.

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

I wonder at the man who takes great pains to decorate and to make comfortable this mortal habitat and totally forgets his permanent abode."
[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Ghazalah
12-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Bakr ibn ‘Abdullâh al-Muzanî (rahimahullâh) said, “If you see someone older than you then respect him saying, ‘He has beaten me to Islâm and righteous action.’ If you see someone younger than you then respect him saying to yourself, ‘I have beaten him in sins.’ If the people honour you then say, ‘That is from the grace of Allâh, but I do not deserve it.’ If they degrade you then say , ‘This happened as a consequence of a previous sin.’

Ghazalah
12-11-2011, 08:27 PM
"How odd, that some people mourn for the one whose body has died, but never mourn for the one whose heart has died, & yet the death of the heart is far more serious."

So profound. SubhanAllah.

sis muslimah
12-11-2011, 11:03 PM
"What is this world but a dream that a sleeper sees - he delights in it for a few moments, and then wakes up to face reality."

[Hasan Al-Basree]

sis muslimah
12-11-2011, 11:03 PM
"Wasting time is worse than death, because death separates you from this world whereas wasting time separates you from Allaah."-

[Ibn al Qayyim]

sis muslimah
12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
•“How many of us even lower our gaze when we look upon something that we are not supposed to? The real prisoner is the one whose heart has been kept away from remembering his Lord, and the real captive is the one who has been captivated by his whims and desires.”

[Shaykhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah]

sis muslimah
12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
O Muslims ! Do you believe that, Allaah will grant you Jannat without asking you about your responsibilities?

Flame of Hope
12-12-2011, 01:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis muslimah
O Muslims ! Do you believe that, Allaah will grant you Jannat without asking you about your responsibilities?

Subhanallah! Indeed... this burden of responsibility is a terrible one to bear. :hmm:

Even the heavens and the mountains refused to carry it.

Tawangar
12-12-2011, 05:26 AM
Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Innocent Soul
12-12-2011, 11:43 AM
"It is very strange that Allah has other creations besides you, while you do not have any Rab besides him,However he looks after you as if he has no creations besides you while you serve him as if you have other gods besides him"
Imam Ar Raazi in his Tafseer.

Muslim Woman
12-13-2011, 09:10 AM

Is there an explanation for this saying? ^o)

A stitch in time saves nine

Meaning

A timely effort will prevent more work later.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/a...h-in-time.html

Innocent Soul
12-14-2011, 12:14 PM
A man who lives right, and is right, has more power in his silence than another has by his words.
-Phillips Brooks

ariginality
12-14-2011, 12:29 PM
A man who lives right, and is right, has more power in his silence than another has by his words.
-Phillips Brooks
Not to pick on you in every thread lol. But I prefer Malcolm X's saying to the affect of: I beat a man with my mind worse than I ever could with my fist
Not sure if that's the exact quote.

Innocent Soul
12-14-2011, 12:38 PM
^ ^o) Why you quoted my post when it's not related to your post?

Maybe You could find that quote here

ariginality
12-14-2011, 12:43 PM
In my opinion it was related. Your quote was promoting strength in silence over words, mine was promoting strength in words over fists.

Flame of Hope
12-15-2011, 05:36 PM
-Phillips Brooks

And this is because actions (and a good example) speak louder than words. :)

tw009
12-16-2011, 12:24 AM
When asked about her hijab by journalists and how it is not proportionate with her level of intellect and education, she replied:

“Man in the early times was almost naked, and as his intellect evolved he started wearing clothes. What I am today and what I’m wearing represents the highest level of thought and civilization that man has achieved, and is not regressive. It’s the removal of clothes again that is regressive back to ancient times." [Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Tawakul Karman from Yemen]

Muslim Woman
12-18-2011, 02:11 PM

"A friend cannot considered a friend until he is tested in three occasions: In time of need,behind your back,
and after your death": -Ali ibn Talib (radiALLAH anhu)

Mikayeel
12-18-2011, 07:56 PM
“How can you defeat an enemy who looks into the barrel of your Gun and sees Paradise?”

— Russian general regarding the Chechen Mujahideen

Innocent Soul
12-19-2011, 12:04 PM
“We need more light about each other. Light creates understanding, understanding creates love, love creates patience, and patience creates unity.”
Malcolm X

Ghazalah
12-20-2011, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mikayeel
“How can you defeat an enemy who looks into the barrel of your Gun and sees Paradise?”

— Russian general regarding the Chechen Mujahideen
Absolutely love this. SubhanAllah.

Ghazalah
12-21-2011, 12:54 AM
“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
~ Ibn Atallah

Tawangar
12-21-2011, 09:19 AM
If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets.

Tawangar
12-21-2011, 09:21 AM
‘Truthful advice is not a club to strike another individual as one desires.
Sometimes one has to wait for years to say the right thing with the right intention in the right manner for it to be effective.’
Mufti Muhammad Taqi al Usmani(may Allah preserve him)

Innocent Soul
12-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the after glow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.
Shoot for moon -- even if you miss you will land among the stars.

tw009
12-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Protect yourself...from your own thoughts -Rumi

Ghazalah
12-22-2011, 11:23 PM
"When Allah created his creatures He wrote above His throne: 'Verily, my Compassion overcomes my wrath." (Bukhari & Muslim)

Ghazalah
12-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Ayats from Surat Al-Haqqah which are very deep.

26. "And that I had never realised how my account (stood)!

27. "Ah! Would that (Death) had made an end of me!

28. "Of no profit to me has been my wealth!

29. "My power has perished from me!"...

30. (The stern command will say): "Seize ye him, and bind ye him,

31. "And burn ye him in the Blazing Fire.

32. "Further, make him march in a chain, whereof the length is seventy cubits!

33. "This was he that would not believe in Allah Most High.

34. "And would not encourage the feeding of the indigent!

35. "So no friend hath he here this Day.

36. "Nor hath he any food except the corruption from the washing of wounds,

37. "Which none do eat but those in sin."

38. So I do call to witness what ye see,

39. And what ye see not,

Ghazalah
12-22-2011, 11:37 PM
If you educate a man, you educate an individual, but if you educate a female, you educate a nation.

~Unknown.

Innocent Soul
12-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Never underestimate the pain of a person because the truth is everyone is struggling. It’s just some people hide it better than others...

Flame of Hope
12-24-2011, 03:32 AM
Never underestimate the pain of a person because the truth is everyone is struggling. It’s just some people hide it better than others...
Like (to the power of 100). :D

Al-Mufarridun
12-24-2011, 05:56 AM
Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said;
"Those who make things hard for themselves will be destroyed." He said it three times. [Muslim]

'Aleena
12-24-2011, 05:59 AM
"Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right."

Haya emaan
12-24-2011, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said;
"Those who make things hard for themselves will be destroyed." He said it three times. [Muslim]
can any one explain it for me

JAZAKALLAH KHAIRN

Muslim Woman
12-24-2011, 04:13 PM

Beware of every hour and how it passes, and only spend it in the best possible way, do not neglect yourself, but render it accustomed to the noblest and best of actions, and send to your grave that which will please you when you arrive to it.” [Imam Ibn Al-Jawzee]

Flame of Hope
12-24-2011, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun

Maybe this is a saying that ought to be pasted on the wall in the home of every Muslim.

*pushes the "Like* button and puts the power of 101 on it.* ;D

Flame of Hope
12-24-2011, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
can any one explain it for me

JAZAKALLAH KHAIRN

Allah does not place upon any soul a burden greater than it can bear.

But people do place upon themselves loads greater than they can bear.

For example..... taking on more responsibility: man having 3 wives. I don't know.... but for a man to do this, he would need to be exceptionally strong. Or else he may be sent to the mental hospital for being unable to handle the load.... which he took upon himself. :D

Al-Mufarridun
12-26-2011, 01:06 AM

Beware of every hour and how it passes, and only spend it in the best possible way, do not neglect yourself, but render it accustomed to the noblest and best of actions, and send to your grave that which will please you when you arrive to it.” [Imam Ibn Al-Jawzee]
Amazinig advice. worth more than a treasure.

Jazakallah Khair! :)

Al-Mufarridun
12-26-2011, 01:07 AM

Amazinig advice. worth more than a treasure.

Jazakallah Khair! :)

Al-Mufarridun
12-26-2011, 02:09 AM

"Don't give up what you want most, for what you want now"

tw009
12-27-2011, 01:09 AM
The sahaba used to do the sunnah because it was sunnah, we leave the sunnah because it is sunnah- Marwa Saad

Flame of Hope
12-27-2011, 01:26 AM
It is reported that ‘Alî b. Abî Tâlib – Allâh be pleased with him – said,

“The servant [of Allâh] should not fear except his sins, and should not hope except in his Lord. The ignorant should not be ashamed to ask, and the knowledgeable should not be ashamed to say – if he does not know something – ‘Allâh knows best.’ Patience (al-sabr) to faith (Al-Îmân) is like the head to the rest of the body: if the head is cut off, the body will rot. And one who has no patience, has no faith.”

- Al-Baihaqî, Shu’ab Al-Îmân, Vol.12 p195.

Flame of Hope
12-27-2011, 01:27 AM
Shaykh al-Shanqeeti (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

''How many people criticize something sound when their problem is their own misunderstanding''

- Adwa’ al-Bayaan (3/389)

Flame of Hope
12-27-2011, 01:28 AM
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

''Looking is the origin of most of the problems that befall man, because looking generates thoughts, then thoughts generate ideas, and ideas generate desires, and desires generate will, which then becomes stronger and becomes firm resolve, in which case the deed will inevitably be done unless there is something to prevent it. Hence it was said that patience in lowering the gaze is easier than patience in bearing the pain that comes afterwards.''

- Al-Jawaab al-Kaafi, p. 106

syilla
12-28-2011, 08:14 AM
i've heard somewhere but could not remember the exact words. it goes like this.

The world is bad is not because there alot of bad people but because so little of us trying to change the bad to good.

Tawangar
12-29-2011, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
i've heard somewhere but could not remember the exact words. it goes like this.

The world is bad is not because there alot of bad people but because so little of us trying to change the bad to good.
that's a really good one, sidi.

Tawangar
12-29-2011, 06:20 AM
Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

'Aleena
12-30-2011, 06:11 AM
The ocean is huge but we get as much water as our hands can hold, Allah's blessings are infinite but we get as much as we believe.

Innocent Soul
12-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Learn to appreciate what you HAVE, Before time forces you to appreciate what you HAD...

Muslim Woman
12-30-2011, 04:43 PM

Abu Darda (Radi Allahu 'anhu) said: "I love three things that are hateful to people:
'I love poverty, sickness, and death. I love them because:
✔-poverty is humility,
✔-sickness is expiation for sins &
✔-death results in a meeting with Allah.'

••►"But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not." [2:216]

'Aleena
12-31-2011, 06:07 AM
Imaam Shaafi (rahmatullah alayh) states that Imaam Maalik
(rahmatullah alayh) told him,

“O Muhammad! You should
practice in proportion to flour (in bread) and
your knowledge should be the salt.”

Muslim Woman
12-31-2011, 03:14 PM

Meet people in such a way that if you should die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you. [Ali radi Allah anhu]

Tawangar
01-01-2012, 09:02 AM
All that is on earth will perish; But will abide (forever) the Face of thy Lord― full of Majesty, Bounty and Honor. Sura Rahman, v. 26-27.

♥ Sofia ♥
01-01-2012, 01:30 PM
oh Allah! content me with the sustenence you have granted me. and till such time that you keep me alive, hide me and make me sound and prosperous. and forgive me and take pity upon me when i die.
oh Allah! do not help me in something that you have not predestined for me. and facilitate the achievement of that thing which you have predestined for me.

~ fatima (ra)

Tawangar
01-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Our Master Muhammad :saws: said: “Whenever kindness is in a thing it adorns it, and whenever it is removed from anything, it disfigures it.” [Muslim]

Muslim Woman
01-01-2012, 04:24 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by ♥ Sofia ♥
~ fatima (ra)

it's rare to get much info about what she said . So , I am curious to know about the source.

tw009
01-01-2012, 06:43 PM
"Love of Allah is a sweetness or pleasure that if you are without it, life becomes a thing of worries and of pain." - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya rahimahullah

Tawangar
01-02-2012, 07:31 AM
For, believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord.
Sura Anfal, v.2. Translated into English by 'Abdillah Yusuf 'Ali.

♥ Sofia ♥
01-02-2012, 11:35 AM
“how can you disbelieve in Allaah? seeing that you were dead and He gave you life. then He will give you death, then again will bring you to life (on the day of resurrection) and then unto Him you will return.” ~ surah al-baqarah 2:28

Innocent Soul
01-02-2012, 12:32 PM

Flame of Hope
01-02-2012, 07:32 PM

Yup. The stronger your faith in God, the more effort you would take to keep it hidden. And when it's hidden, who can break you? :statisfie

sis muslimah
01-03-2012, 12:21 AM
"A moment of patience in a moment of anger prevents a thousand moments of regret." ( Ali radiAllahu anhu)

sis muslimah
01-03-2012, 12:22 AM
A friend cannot be considered a friend until he is tested in three occasions: in time of need, behind your back, and after your death.

(Ali ibn abi Talib)

sis muslimah
01-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Islam is PERFECT.
Muslims are not.

syilla
01-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Fast actions fast rewards

tw009
01-03-2012, 09:47 PM
"If Allah wants ill for a people, he gives them debates and takes away from them actions." — Umar ibn al-Khattab

Tawangar
01-04-2012, 06:16 AM
I have spent my life in a search for the truth....and I will put it under house arrest once I find it.

Innocent Soul
01-04-2012, 08:27 AM
When you’re down and out remember… God gives his hardest battles to his toughest soldiers.

Muslim Woman
01-05-2012, 02:25 AM

This knowledge is a matter of Deen, so be careful who you take your Deen from.
(Imam Muhammad Ibn Sereen)

Tawangar
01-05-2012, 05:47 AM
"Fear Allah in your treatment of these animals who cannot speak". (The Prophet's:saws: advice to a Sahabi)

tw009
01-05-2012, 06:36 AM
“Hardship may dishearten at first, but every hardship passes away. All despair is followed by hope; all darkness is followed by sunshine” -Rumi

'Aleena
01-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Some flowers grow best in the sun, while others do well in the shade. Allah subhana o ta'ala always knows what is the best for us, so He puts us where we grow the best.

Tawangar
01-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. ;D(bumper sticker)

marwen
01-05-2012, 10:22 AM
"It is better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a lamb.". --Roman proverb.

Innocent Soul
01-05-2012, 11:21 AM

'Abd-al Latif
01-05-2012, 11:58 AM
:salamext:

Great spirits have always faced violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

Innocent Soul
01-05-2012, 12:01 PM

sis muslimah
01-05-2012, 07:47 PM
‘Divine help comes with patience, relief follows difficulty and ease follows hardship. Patience aids and supports a person more than an army of people and in the attainment of victory, it is like the head of the body.’

[Ibn Al-Qayyim]

Flame of Hope
01-05-2012, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis muslimah
‘Divine help comes with patience, relief follows difficulty and ease follows hardship. Patience aids and supports a person more than an army of people and in the attainment of victory, it is like the head of the body.’

[Ibn Al-Qayyim]

I don't "Like" this. I "Love" it. :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.