View Full Version : Gems Beautiful Quotes, Proverbs, Sayings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Innocent Soul
10-02-2012, 12:54 AM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tw009
10-02-2012, 03:34 AM
A man came to Al-Hasan Al-Basri and said:

“I heard you say that if you commit sins, then Allāh prevents you from things. I do all the sins that you can think of and don’t do many good deeds. I have a beautiful wife and beautiful kids and a lot of money and land and am successful. Allāh did not prevent me from anything. How is it that you say that because of sins Allāh prevents you?”

He said:

“Do you pray qiyām’l-layl? Do you enjoy your du’ā’? Do you enjoy your ṣalāh? That is enough prevention that He prevented you from communicating with Him.”

Bint-e-Adam
10-02-2012, 07:21 AM
:shade:My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her. :sunny:
:statisfieGeorge Washington.:statisfie

Shaykha
10-02-2012, 09:15 PM
"Never Make Permanent Decisions Based On Temporary Feelings."
[Arabic Proverb]

"A Powerful Person Is Not He Who Outwrestles Others. A Powerful Person Is He Who Controls Himself When Angry."
[The Messenger Muhammad Sallallaahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallam]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bint-e-Adam
10-03-2012, 01:26 AM

_Y168
10-03-2012, 07:41 PM
'''Allah's generosity is connected to gratitude, and gratitude is linked to increase in His generosity. The generosity of Allah will not stop increasing unless the gratitude of the servant ceases.'''

- 'Ali ibn Abi Talib Radiallaahu Ta'Aalaah 'Anhu

'Abd-al Latif
10-03-2012, 11:27 PM
'Know that if people are impressed with you, in reality they are impressed with the beauty of Allah's covering of your sins' ~ Ibn al-Jawzi.

Innocent Soul
10-04-2012, 11:04 AM

Bint-e-Adam
10-04-2012, 12:03 PM

jellybeans
10-04-2012, 03:08 PM
"Only speak, if your words are more beautiful than than the silence."

--An Arabic Proverb

(My favourite Arabic Proverb so far)

Endymion
10-04-2012, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ernest
"Only speak, if your words are more beautiful than than the silence."

--An Arabic Proverb

(My favourite Arabic Proverb so far)
I like the proverb and how you put ridhem in it by adding two than in the end.

Bint-e-Adam
10-05-2012, 07:50 AM

_Y168
10-05-2012, 09:28 PM
'Adiyy b. Haatim: '''The tongue of a person is their translator for their intellect.''' [al-Mujaalasah p. 296]

Muslim Woman
10-06-2012, 03:49 PM
:sl:

“Be humble and people will learn to respect you.
Be arrogant and people will shun you.” — Omar Suleiman

Muslim Woman
10-06-2012, 04:13 PM

“Watch your eye, should it ever reveal to you the faults of others, say to it: ‘O my eye, other people have eyes too.’”

— Imam Ahmad Zarruq

Bint-e-Adam
10-07-2012, 10:16 AM
"To love someone is madness and to be loved by someone is gift. Loving someone who loves you is duty, but being loved by someone whom u love is life.":omg:

'Aleena
10-09-2012, 09:04 AM
“Whoever praises you and says good about you which is not in you is just as likely to say evil about you which is not in you.”
— Imam Malik

nairu
10-09-2012, 09:22 AM
"people usually confuse the non-acceptance of something's existence with the acceptance of its non-existence."

~f. gülen

Misz_Muslimah
10-09-2012, 06:26 PM
“Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Thank you’

Muslim Woman
10-10-2012, 01:11 PM

A remarkable quote from a confident Muslim Woman

Nobel Peace Prize winner "Tawakkul Karman," 'The mother of Yemen's revolution,' when asked about her Hijab by journalists and how it is not proportionate with her level of intellect and education, replied:

“Man in early times was almost naked, and as his intellect evolved he started wearing clothes. What I am today and what I’m wearing represents the highest level of thought and civilization that man has achieved, and is not regressive. It’s the removal of clothes again that is a regression back to the ancient times.''

I hope and pray that Muslims all around the world will take pride in and follow their divinely guided culture, tradition and way of life.

Innocent Soul
10-10-2012, 03:31 PM

glo
10-10-2012, 07:28 PM
“Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”
― Rumi

Bint-e-Adam
10-11-2012, 03:10 AM

glo
10-11-2012, 05:04 PM
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.”
~ Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

Muslim Woman
10-13-2012, 01:12 AM

Ibn ‘Umar radiyAllaahu 'anhu said:

"The best of the Hajj pilgrims are those with the purest intentions and the purest earnings, and the strongest faith.”

[Al Madkhil 4/392]

nairu
10-13-2012, 03:28 PM
"I could not praise RasoolAllah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) with my words; rather, my words were made praiseworthy by RasoolAllah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)"

~Hassan Ibn Thabit

tw009
10-15-2012, 04:03 PM
You ask; He gives. You cry; He listens. You call;
He runs. You sin; He forgives. You repent; He
forgets. You knock; He opens. You attend; He
welcomes. You nag; He hears. You request; He
accepts. You question; He solves. You plea; He
resolves. You take; He provides. You insist; He
grants. Everything you do, is about you.. and
everything He does, is about you. Thus Which is
it,of the favours of your Lord,that ye deny?

Shaykha
10-17-2012, 05:54 AM
Sometimes It Takes A Very Big Mistake We Make In Life To Transform Us Into The Best Of People.

When People Make Mistakes, React Positively.

When We Make Mistakes, Reflect Correctly And Draw Lessons. Don't Repeat A Mistake.

Misz_Muslimah
10-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Let's not be upset if Allah doesn't grant our duas immediately but let's be grateful that Allah doesn't punish us immediately for our sins.

Misz_Muslimah
10-19-2012, 09:30 PM
"If your legs can't take you to Prayer, then how do you expect them to carry you to Paradise?"

Shaykha
10-20-2012, 12:52 PM
He Who Kneels Before Allah Can Stand Before Anyone!

*charisma*
10-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

These are a few from my favorite poems by Nizar Qabbani :

"Our enemies did not cross our borders
They crept through our weaknesses like ants."

---

"Our shouting is louder than our actions,
Our swords are taller than us,
This is our tragedy."

---

"In a flash,
You changed me from a poet who wrote love poems
To a poet who writes with a knife."

---

My son places his paint box in front of me
and asks me to draw a bird for him.
Into the color gray I dip the brush
and draw a square with locks and bars.
Astonishment fills his eyes:
'… But this is a prison, Father,
Don't you know, how to draw a bird?'
And I tell him: 'Son, forgive me.
I've forgotten the shapes of birds.'

---

"You killed a thousand women inside me,
and became the queen."

---

The following are from a book called "Al Fawaid--A Collection of Sayings by Ibn Al Qayyim (radhiallah 'anhu)"

The worldly life is like a carrion, and indeed the lion hesitates to seize it.

---

To Allah belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth, yet He asks a loan from you (i.e. giving charity), but you are stingy.
He created the Seven Seas, but He loved a tear from you (out of fear from him), but your eyes were tearless.

---

O you who evaluate matters, do you know the value of yourself? The UNIVERSE was created for your sake.

fi amanallah
walaikum asalaam

Huzzy_786
10-20-2012, 03:04 PM
You CAN'T change WHAT you DID in the PAST, but you CAN change WHAT you DO and HOW you ARE, in the FUTURE

~Zaria~
10-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Hadith - Reported by at-Tirmidhi (9/183,184) in az-Zuhd, Ahmad (2/310), Ibn Maajah (4217) in az-Zuhd with this meaning - Al-Albaani says it is Hasan.

The Messenger of Allah [sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam] said,

"Abstain from the forbidden and you will be the most devout worshippers amongst the people.

Be content with what Allah allocates for you from provision and you will be the richest of people.

Be good to your neighbor and you will be a believer.

Love for the people what you love for yourself and you will be a Muslim,

and do not increase in laughter because too much laughter kills the heart. “

tw009
10-20-2012, 08:30 PM
"Every love that leads away from His love is in fact a punishment; only a love that leads to His love is a heartfelt and pure love"

Innocent Soul
10-22-2012, 11:53 PM
‘Everyone wants their prayers answered on time, but no one wants to pray on time’

سيف الله
10-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Salaam

From Al hadith

' Two hungry wolves let loose amongst sheep will not cause more harm to them than a persons craving after wealth and status will do his religion '

(Ahmad)

Shaykha
10-23-2012, 10:47 PM
"Whenever You Are Alone, Remind Yourself That The Almighty Has Sent Everybody Away So That It's Only You And Him."

Innocent Soul
10-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Allah always has something for you, a key for every problem, a light for every shadow, a relief for every sorrow & a plan for every tomorrow...

Eric H
10-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Greetings and peace be with you all, a troubling prayer....

May God bless us with discomfort at easy answers, half truths, superficial relationships, so that we may live deep within our hearts.

May God bless us with anger at injustice, oppression and exploitation of people so that we may work for justice, equality and peace.

May God bless us with tears to shed for those who suffer from pain, rejection, starvation and war, so that we may reach out our hand to comfort them and change their pain into joy.

And may God bless us with enough foolishness to believe that we can make a difference in the world, so that we can do what others claim cannot be done, to bring justice and kindness to all.

Amen

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

Shaykha
10-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Time will not wait for us no matter how healthy or wealthy we are.

People far healthier than us and wealthier have passed on and time is still ticking.

So never allow yourself to be deceived by your wealth or health.

Use your time wisely and be charitable.

Remember that every moment that goes by will never return so make the most of it.

[Mufti Ismail Menk]

Bint-e-Adam
10-30-2012, 10:00 AM

Hulk
10-30-2012, 10:44 AM
The early bird may catch the worm but the early worm gets eaten by the bird. So be patient and seek knowledge before action.

glo
10-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Open Your Eyes And Look Into The Heart Of Each One.
Find Out What Is Within Each One,
For That Costly pearl Is Rarely Found.

~Rumi♥

_Y168
10-31-2012, 04:56 PM
'''The best gifts come from the heart, not from the wallet.'''

(Mufti Ismail Menk.)

tw009
10-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Without Allah, life is not worth living, but with Allah, life is worth dying for.

Shaykha
10-31-2012, 05:56 PM
"When It Comes To Our Own Mistakes, We Are Expert Defence Lawyers; For The Mistakes Of Others, We Act As Judges On The Supreme Court"

Shaykha
11-02-2012, 05:53 PM
"Time Is Precious, Spend It Wisely"

glo
11-02-2012, 06:44 PM
“If there is to be peace in the world,
There must be peace in the nations.

If there is to be peace in the nations,
There must be peace in the cities.

If there is to be peace in the cities,
There must be peace between neighbors.

If there is to be peace between neighbors,
There must be peace in the home.

If there is to be peace in the home,
There must be peace in the heart.”

― Lao Tzu (570-490 BC)

Shaykha
11-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Know That
With Money You Can Buy A Doctor But Not Health;
A House But Not A Home;
Women But Not Love;
A Book But Not Knowledge;

But With ALLAH You Have Everything...!

tw009
11-05-2012, 04:25 AM
Whatever you lost through fate, be certain that it saved you from pain. Whatever you lost through the stroke of destiny, know it was to save you from adversity. One small affliction keeps off greater afflictions; one small loss prevents greater losses. Allah does things for the best.

Bint-e-Adam
11-07-2012, 03:32 AM

Innocent Soul
11-07-2012, 02:21 PM
"The highest courage is to dare to be yourself in the face of adversity. Choosing right over wrong, ethics over convenience, and truth over popularity... these are the choices that measure your life. Travel the path of integrity without looking back, for there is never a wrong time to do the right thing."

Shaykha
11-09-2012, 10:49 PM
"Tell A Lie Once And All Your Truths Become Questionable."

Shaykha
11-10-2012, 10:19 PM
"If Someone Criticises You Or Disagrees With You, A Small Ant Of Hatred And Antagonism Is Born In Your Heart. If You Do Not Squash That Ant At Once, It May Grow Into A Snake, Or Even A Dragon." (Maulana Rumi R.A)

Bint-e-Adam
11-11-2012, 12:19 AM

'Aleena
11-12-2012, 02:02 PM
“To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.” -Elbert Hubbard

tw009
11-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Imam Ahmad was asked, "What's the distance between us and the Throne of al-Rahman?"

Imam Ahmad replied, "A sincere du'a from a sincere heart."

tw009
11-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Inform Him of what is in your heart but know that He Knows. He Knew what was, what is, and what will be, in this universe and in those chambers of your heart, those paths through your soul. But call out to Him and beseech Him because just as you love to be heard, He loves to be called. Just as you love to be given, He loves to be asked. Just as you love to be forgiven, He loves to grant you that forgiveness. He is your Lord, Maker, and Protector, and He is close to you. Know Him and strengthen your bond and connection with Him because nobody, absolutely nobody will be there for you as much as He is there and will always be there…

IslamicRevival
11-22-2012, 10:15 PM

specs
11-23-2012, 12:30 AM
'Verily, In the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.' Quran [13:28]

glo
11-24-2012, 05:36 PM
There is a voice that doesn't use words, Listen!

Rumi... ♥

tw009
11-26-2012, 10:38 PM
The du’a made at Tahajjud is like an arrow which does not miss its target.

جوري
11-30-2012, 11:10 PM
قيل: "إنَّ رجلًا تَزَوَّجَ امرأةً وله أمٌّ كبيرة، فقالت المرأة للزوج: لا أنا ولا أنتَ حتى تُخْرِجَ هذه العجوز عنا، فلما أكثرتْ عليه احْتَمَلَها على عنقِه ليلًا، ثم أتى بها واديًا كثيرَ السِّباع، فرَمَى بها فيه، ثم تنكَّر لها، فمرَّ بها وهي تبكي، فقال: ما يُبكِيكِ يا عجوز؟ قالتْ: طرَحني ابني ها هنا وذَهَب، وأنا أخاف أن يفترسَه الأسدُ! فقال لها: تبكين له، وقد فَعَل بكِ ما فعل؟ هلَّا تدعين عليه؟ قالتْ: تأبَى له ذلك بنات أَلْبُبِي! قالوا: بنات أَلْبُب؛ عُروقٌ في القلب تكون منها

It was said that a "A man married a woman and he had an elderly mother so one day the woman said to the husband: It is either me or her and when she persisted in her nagging to rid of the old woman - so he carried her in the night, then came upon a valley of wild animals, and he dropped her there, and denied her and she cried then he came upon her and asked What makes you cry old woman? she said: My my son has dropped me here and left, and I fear that the wild animals shall prey and pounce on him! He asked her: You weep for him, and after what he did? won't you supplicate against him? she said:the girls of 'albabi' refuse- and they are?: she said they're the veins of the heart from which he was formed!

old Arabic tale.

Innocent Soul
12-01-2012, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by شَادِنُ
she said:the girls of 'albabi' refuse- and they are?: she said they're the veins of the heart from which he was formed!
Can please explain this part a bit clearly :unsure:

جوري
12-01-2012, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul

Can please explain this part a bit clearly :unsure:
it isn't a literal thing just that her son is so dear to her as if formed from the vessels of her heart that she couldn't supplicate against him even though he threw her to the wolves and was afraid for his safety in spite of he has done to her!

:w:

Innocent Soul
12-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Jazakallah Khair! :)

"A slave stands in front of ﺍَﻟﻠَّﻪ ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻧَﻪُ ﻭَﺗَﻌَﺎﻟَﻰ on two occasions.The first during sala'ah, and secondly on the Day of Judgment. Whosoever stands correctly in the first, the second standing will be made easier for him. And whosoever, disregards the first standing, the second standing will be extremely difficult."
[Ibn al-Qayyim]

Muslim Woman
12-02-2012, 02:24 PM

"Do not depend upon the morality of a person until you have seen him behave while in anger."
. . Umar ibn Al khatāb RA

Muslim Woman
12-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Salaam Alaykum

Imam Ibn Qayyim (rahimahullah) said, "For as long as the servant breathes, he requires Allah's assistance, inwardly & outwardly. He is in complete poverty before Him."

Muslim Woman
12-08-2012, 02:18 AM

Sincerity is a secret between Allah and His servant which not even the angels know so as to record it, nor does satan know so as to corrupt it, nor is the desire aware so as to influence it.”
— Junayd al-Baghdadi

Read more: http://islamic-quotes.com/#ixzz2EQGpyEaW

Muslim Woman
12-09-2012, 04:15 AM

Al-Hasan al-Basree, raHimahullaah, said:

"Whoever learns something in the name of Allaah, seeking that which is with Him, he will win. And whoever learns something for other than Allaah, he will not reach the goal, nor will his acquired knowledge bring him closer to Allaah."

[Related by Ibn ul Jawzee]

Ghazalah
12-09-2012, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
Inform Him of what is in your heart but know that He Knows. He Knew what was, what is, and what will be, in this universe and in those chambers of your heart, those paths through your soul. But call out to Him and beseech Him because just as you love to be heard, He loves to be called. Just as you love to be given, He loves to be asked. Just as you love to be forgiven, He loves to grant you that forgiveness. He is your Lord, Maker, and Protector, and He is close to you. Know Him and strengthen your bond and connection with Him because nobody, absolutely nobody will be there for you as much as He is there and will always be there…
SubhanAllah. Beautiful.

tw009
12-10-2012, 06:02 PM
‎"I believe in Islam as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."

Muslim Woman
12-11-2012, 07:33 AM

Sufyaan Ath-Thawree, raHimahullaah, said: "The excellence of knowledge is due only to the fact that it causes a person to fear and obey Allaah, otherwise it is just like anything else." [Related by ibn Rajab]

Muslim Woman
12-11-2012, 04:43 PM

The heart will rest and feel relief if it is settled with Allah. And it will worry and feel anxious if it is settled with the people.”

— Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah (rahimahullah)

Muslim Woman
12-12-2012, 11:22 AM

Ibn Mas`ood, raDiallaahu `anhu, said: "True knowledge is not measured in relationship to how much you memorize and then narrate, but rather, true knowledge is an expression of piety [protecting oneself from what Allaah prohibited and acting upon what He mandated]."

Also, "Study and act upon what you learn." [Related by Abu Na`eem]

tw009
12-12-2012, 03:28 PM
One of Allaah’s great favors is the love and mercy that He instills among the married couple. They dwell into each other, just as one dwells into a house that gives him protection, security, and happiness.-Dr. Bilal Philips

Muslim Woman
12-12-2012, 04:25 PM

" Beware of having long term expectations (for this world) for verily it makes one forget (his true purpose)"

-Hazrat Ali (May Allah be pleased with him)

جوري
12-12-2012, 06:54 PM
ذكر ابن كثير في( البداية والنهاية) ان ملك الروم كتب الى معاوية ين ابي سفيان يعرض عليه مساعدته ودعمه ضد علي ابن ابي طالب . فارسل اليه معاوية : والله ان عدت لمثلها اتيتك جنديا في جيش يقوده علي .

Muslim Woman
12-13-2012, 03:25 AM

ذكر ابن كثير في( البداية والنهاية) ان ملك الروم كتب الى معاوية ين ابي سفيان يعرض عليه مساعدته ودعمه ضد علي ابن ابي طالب . فارسل اليه معاوية : والله ان عدت لمثلها اتيتك جنديا في جيش يقوده علي .
translation pl.

Muslim Woman
12-13-2012, 03:32 AM

“Prayer is that which enables the soul to realize its divinity. Through prayer human beings worship absolute truth, and seek an eternal reward. Prayer is the foundation-stone of religion; and religion is the means by which the soul is purified of all that pollutes it.

Prayer is the worship of the first cause of all things, the supreme ruler of all the world, the source of all strength. Prayer is the adoration of the one whose being is necessary.”

Ibn Sina
[excerpt from Kitab al-Najat]

جوري
12-13-2012, 03:33 AM
In Ibn Kathir's book (the beginning and the end) it is mentioned that the Roman king wrote to Muwayiahh the son of aby Soufian :ra: offering him aid and endorsement against Ali Ibn Abu talib :ra: to which Muwayiah wrote back: By Allah if you return to such offers I shall come to you a soldier in an army led by Ali-

Something to ponder given all our despots open their arms to the kaffirs and aid them against us.

michael83drebb
12-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Men think in herds, then Men go mad in herds but they recover their senses one by one, slowly!

Muslim Woman
12-13-2012, 04:32 PM

12:12:12 12/12/12 is one second that the world gets so excited about.

It passes just like every fraction of time does.

Lesson is, "Time is valuable, don't waste a single second, it will not return."

~Mufti Ismail Menk

Innocent Soul
12-16-2012, 12:59 AM

Muslim Woman
12-17-2012, 01:34 PM

A bachelor asked a wise man: 'Is it true that calamities and tribulations don't come until one marries a wife?'

The wise man replied: 'On the contrary, when calamities come, only then one appreciates the value of a righteous wife. If you think you are happy while you are a bachelor, you do not know what happiness is. Happiness can't be achieved without your better half!'

~Shaikh Assim AlHakeem

glo
12-17-2012, 08:13 PM
As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears. ~Rumi

sister herb
12-17-2012, 08:29 PM
^ Like Rumi too.

Let's get away from all the clever humans
who put words in our mouth
let's only say what our hearts desire.

Rumi

~Zaria~
12-17-2012, 08:35 PM

"There are a lot of people who just want to get into an argument with you – its social pathology.
People without self-knowledge, any critical introspection where they have to look at themselves, think about their behaviour and how they are responding.

The Quraan is a mirror – it holds itself up to humanity and says find yourself in there!
Because I guarantee you – you are in there.
You might be pharaoh, you might be Haman, you might be Qaroon, you might be Aasiyah…..you might be the abused wife in a bad relationship.

You may find an amalgam – I have a little bit of this or that.

But you will find yourself in the Quraan."
~ Sheikh Hamza Yusuf ~

Muslim Woman
12-18-2012, 09:02 AM

Imam al-Darani (rh) was once asked, "What is the greatest deed that a slave can do to get closer to Allah `azza wa jall?"

He weeped and said, "That Allah should look to your heart and see that you do not desire anything of this world or the Hereafter except Him."

Muslim Woman
12-18-2012, 03:22 PM

“Sins destroy the heart the same way poison destroys the body.”
[Ibn Qayyim]

Read more: http://islamic-quotes.com/#ixzz2FPw8nxmS

Abu-Abdillah
12-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Everytime I read this one, it touches me...

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said;
"Fear Allah where every you are. Immediately do a good deed after a sinful one in orter to erase it and alwsy be well mannered when dealing with the people".
[Related by Imam At Tirmidhi]

glo
12-19-2012, 06:56 AM
“True peace is not merely the absence of conflict; it is the presence of justice.” Martin Luther King

tw009
12-19-2012, 11:44 PM
A family that eats together, prays together, stays together.

Muslim Woman
12-20-2012, 01:57 AM

When Moses conversed with God, he asked, "Lord, where shall I seek You?"
God answered, "Among the brokenhearted."

Moses continued, "But, Lord, no heart could be more despairing than mine." And God replied, "Then I am where you are."

-Abul Fayd al Misri The Kashf al Mahjub

جوري
12-20-2012, 03:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

When Moses conversed with God, he asked, "Lord, where shall I seek You?"
God answered, "Among the brokenhearted."

Moses continued, "But, Lord, no heart could be more despairing than mine." And God replied, "Then I am where you are."

-Abul Fayd al Misri The Kashf al Mahjub
:sl: sis, this is very interesting.. is this from Israelyaat?

Muslim Woman
12-20-2012, 05:10 PM
:wa:

:sl: sis, this is very interesting.. is this from Israelyaat?

here is the link .

http://www.beliefnet.com/Quotes/Isla...d-Lord-Wh.aspx

Muslim Woman
12-20-2012, 05:14 PM

A man served God for seventy years and then committed a sin which canceled the merit of his service.

Afterwards he gave a loaf of bread to a poor man, so God pardoned his sin and gave him back the merit of his seventy years' service.

His alms are vain who does not know that his need of the reward for giving is greater than the poor man's need of the gift.
-Muslim Saying

~Zaria~
12-20-2012, 10:42 PM
"I used to have so many passions that were diverse,

But since my eye came to know You, My Allah, all my passions became One!

So, those who I used to envy,

Began to envy me, because I am content.

And I became the Master of creation,

The day that YOU became my Master......

The day that YOU became my Master."

Poet unknown

جوري
12-21-2012, 02:23 AM
قال حمار الحكيم توما لو أنصف الدهر كنت أركب.

فإنني جاهل بسيط وصاحبي جاهل مركب.

أي: يقول: أنا جاهل وأعلم أني جاهل لكن صاحبي جاهل ولا يدري أنه جاهل.

يقول الخليل بن أحمد : الناس أربعة: رجل يدري ويدري أنه يدري، والثاني: يدري ولا يدري أنه يدري، والثالث: لا يدري ويدري أنه لا يدري، والرابع لا يدري ولا يدري أنه لا يدري، يقول: هذه أقسام الناس.

فأما الأول قال: فهو عالم فاسألوه،.
أما الثاني: فغافل فنبهوه،.
أما الثالث: فهذا جاهل فعلموه، إنسان مسكين يقول: أنا ليس عندي علموني ما عندي شيء،.

وأما الرابع: فهو الطامة الكبرى والمصيبة الدهياء: وهو الذي لا يدري ولا يدري أنه لا يدري، وهو الجاهل المركب، يقال له: أنت جاهل، قال: أنا جاهل؟! بل أنا عالم من العلماء

Khalil Ibn Ahmad said, People are four types: A man who is knowledgeable and aware of his knowledge, the second is knowledgeable but is unaware of his knowledge, the third, is not knowledgeable and is aware of his lack of knowledge, and the fourth has no knowledge and isn't aware that he has no Knowledge.
Of the first Man, he's a scholar so consult him!
The second is incognizant so make him aware!
The Third man is ignorant so teach him!
The fourth is the greatest calamity, for there's nothing that can be done for him except to avoid him for when he's told you're of the ignorant, he says but I am a scholar.

،.

Muslim Woman
12-21-2012, 02:18 PM

Whoever is pleased with the deed of a group of people will be resurrected with them. In the same way the wife of Lut (alyhissalam) will be, even though she never practiced homosexuality herself she approved of it and when the punishment came she was included with those people."

--Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullah)
[Majmoo' al-Fataawa volume 3 page 498]

~Zaria~
12-22-2012, 08:33 AM
"Have you ever wondered how it would be if we treated our Qur’an the way we treat our cell phones.

~ What if we carried it in our bags and browsed it often?
~ What if we turned back to get it if we forgot it?
~ What if we flipped through it several times a day?
~ What if we used it to receive Messages from the Text?
~ What if we treated it like we couldn’t live without it?
~ What if we gave it to our dear ones as gifts?
~ What if we considered it as the number one priority while traveling?
~ What if we used it in case of an emergency?

Think and Reflect !!"

(by Productive Muslim)

Caller الداعي
12-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Good one!

Muslim Woman
12-23-2012, 04:29 PM

Praying at night is only for Allaah’s chosen few! Do not commit sin during the day, and He will help you to stand before Him at night, for your standing before Him at night is one of the greatest honours, and the sinner does not deserve that honour.” ♥

— Ibraheem ibn Adham (rahimahullah)

Innocent Soul
12-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Life changes in a second, Thank Allah yours didn't !

Every second.. Someone somewhere took his last breath, Thank Allah it wasn't you !

Every second.. Someone somewhere must have lost his father, Thank Allah it wasn't you !

Every second.. Someone somewhere must have bid farewell to his mom, Thank Allah it wasn't you !

Every second.. Someone somewhere must have been inflicted with a disease, Thank Allah it wasn't you !

Every second.. Someone somewhere must have met with an accident, Thank Allah it wasn't you!

Every second.. Someone somewhere must have been tested with patience, Thank Allah it wasn't you!

And which of the favours of Allah will you deny? [Surah Rahman]

specs
12-25-2012, 09:35 PM
- When you stand up to pray, pray as if it is your last prayer.

- No one is born by accident, Allah created us for a reason.

- If you do zikr you won't become stressed , If you are getting stressed you're not doing enough zikr [Shaykh Hamza Yusuf]

- When you want to commit a sin, look for a hiding place that is not being watched by Allah Most High and His angels. [Hakeem Luqman]

- Don't follow your desires unless you want to join satan in the Hellfire.

glo
12-26-2012, 05:34 PM
"When you are able to love someone unconditionally, without reason, you can begin to understand God's unconditional love for you."
- Habib Ali al-Jifri

glo
12-26-2012, 05:34 PM
"Life is but a moment; therefore make it a moment of worship."
- Imam Shaf'i

glo
12-27-2012, 03:11 PM
"The quieter you Become.
The more you are able to Hear."
~Rumi

'Abd-al Latif
12-27-2012, 11:31 PM
THE TOP 10 RICHEST PEOPLE ON EARTH

10. Mukesh Ambani- Net Worth: $27.0 Billion.

9. Eike Batista- Net Worth: $30.0 Billion.

8. Amancio Ortega- Net Worth: $31.0 Billion.

7. Lakhsmi Mittal- Net Worth: $31.1 Billion.

6. Lawrence Ellison- Net Worth: $39.5 Billion.

5. Bernard Arnault- Net Worth: $41.0 Billion.

4. Warren Buffett- Net Worth: $50.0 Billion.

3. Bill Gates- Net Worth: $56.0 Billion.

2. Carlos Slim Helu- Net Worth: $74.0 Billion.

1. The ONE who prays the two rak'ah Sunnah of Fajr.

The Messenger peace be upon him said:
"The two rak'ah of the Fajar prayer are better
than this World and ALL it contains.''
[Sahih Muslim]

specs
12-27-2012, 11:50 PM
"If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love, be persistent in doing the things He loves."

~ Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (rahimahullah) ♥

tw009
12-29-2012, 08:58 PM
‎"Having Allah on your side does not mean sailing on the ocean with no waves, rather having Allah on your side means sailing in a ship which no storm can sink." -Shaykh Sulaiman Moola

جوري
12-29-2012, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
‎"Having Allah on your side does not mean sailing on the ocean with no waves, rather having Allah on your side means sailing in a ship which no storm can sink." -Shaykh Sulaiman Moola
I enjoyed that one :jz:

specs
12-29-2012, 10:35 PM
“You are nothing but a number of days, and whenever a day passes away, a part of you passes away”

Innocent Soul
12-30-2012, 01:02 AM
‎'..Be soft and simple! Do not allow life to make you hard, Neither let the pain make you hate nor the bitterness steal your sweetness. Its all temporary as nothing is made to last. The best in the sight of Allah is one that fears him most....''

Muslim Woman
01-02-2013, 02:15 PM

Ibnul Qayyim (rahimahullaah) said:

"There is nothing on earth that badly needs to be imprisoned more than the tongue."

[al-Fawaa'id: 249]

Muslim Woman
01-03-2013, 01:40 PM

Ibn Rajab (rahimahullaah) said:

"The winter is the believers spring, where he walks around in the garden of obedience. The days are short and cold so that one can fast easily and the nights are long so that one can sleep well and pray the night prayer as well." ♥

(Lata'if-ul-Ma'arif, p. 435)

tw009
01-03-2013, 10:33 PM
"The Qur’an is like a friend…the longer the friendship lasts the more you’ll know of its secrets, as a friend doesn’t reveal his secrets to someone who sits with him for a few minutes and then leaves…" - Sh. Muhammad al-'Awaji

Muslim Woman
01-04-2013, 02:32 AM

Hazrat Ali RA has said:
Knowledge of deen is better than wealth. Your knowledge protects you, whereas you have to protect wealth. By spending (teaching) your knowledge and practising on it, it increases whereas by spending your wealth it decreases.

Knowledge makes you a ruler whereas a person who accumulates wealth is ruled by it.

A person of knowledge love is deen which is a means of reward. Knowledge bears this fruit to an alim that he is followed and obeyed during his lifetime and is remembered with reverence after his death.

A person who accumulates wealth only remains till he is alive and he is forgotten after he dies whereas an alim remains forever.

The aalims body may be buried but his memory remains in the hearts of people.

Haya emaan
01-04-2013, 02:15 PM
"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself." - Rumi

Shaykha
01-04-2013, 10:18 PM
"The Newspapers Tell You What Happened Yesterday, The Qur'aan Tells You How To Prepare For Tomorrow."

tw009
01-05-2013, 01:23 AM
Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it.

Shaykha
01-05-2013, 11:55 PM
'The Shortest Distance Between A Problem And It's Solution Is The Distance Between Your Knees And The Floor. The One Who Kneels To Allah (Subhaanahu Wa Ta'aalah) Can Stand Up To Anything. [In Shaa Allah]'

"O You Who Have Believed, Bow And Prostrate And Worship Your Lord And Do Good- That You May Succeed" [ Surah Al-Haj 22:77 ]

specs
01-06-2013, 01:23 AM
A PHD does not make you intelligent. How intelligent you are depends on how often you remember death. This is Islam.

ImadhNasir
01-06-2013, 02:20 AM
"If he ain’t got no deen, do not become his Queen, because your knight in shining armor will turn out to be a loser in aluminum" ~Sheikh Boona Mohamed :)

Shaykha
01-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Prayer Is Such A State Of Mind Where An Amazing Exchange Happens.. "We Handover Our Worries To Allah, And Allah Hands Over His Peace To Us." ♥

Muslim Woman
01-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Salaam

"The question is not whether you will leave this world or not, "
the question is, what will you leave behind you.
Will people ask ALLAH for your forgiveness,
or will they ask ALLAH to forgive them for knowing you."

-- AbuHafsa AbdulMalik Clare

Muslim Woman
01-09-2013, 03:46 PM

Imaam Ibn Qayyim (rahimahu-Allaah) said:

“Regret for wasted time should be deep, for time passes quickly and it is difficult to make up what you have missed. Time for the worshiper is a time for worship and reciting awraad (adhkar), and for the devoted Muslim it is time for turning to Allaah عز و جل and focusing on Him سبحانه وتعالى with all his heart.

Time is the dearest thing to him and he would feel very sad if time passes without him doing what he is meant to do. If he misses time, he can never make it up, because a second time has its own duties. So if he misses time, there is no way he can bring it back.”

(Madaarij al-Saalikin, 3/49)

Muslim Woman
01-10-2013, 01:49 AM

“O feet of patience, keep going, for what remains is only a little.

Remember the sweetness of worship, then the bitterness of striving will become easier for you.”

— Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Read more: http://islamic-quotes.com/#ixzz2HX6OuDWS

tw009
01-10-2013, 08:22 PM
"If men spoke to their wives as politely as they spoke to strange women, and women spoke to their husbands as gently and kindly as they spoke to their sons, then our marriages would surely last." -Shaykh Sulaiman Moola

جوري
01-11-2013, 12:28 AM
I read a beautiful quote today but in Arabic.. it goes something like this:

if a woman is adorned with fine manners (those of Islam) she's a 10. If she has looks to go with it, she's a 100, if she has a great education she's a 1000, if she's independently wealthy she's 10,000- but is she doesn't have religion/manners then you take away the 1 and will be left with zeros.

Muslim Woman
01-11-2013, 02:02 PM

Someone reported to Hasan Basri that a certain man was in his death throes. He commented: "He was in his death throes since his appearance on earth. He will now be released."

Muslim Woman
01-11-2013, 02:14 PM

Hadhrat Maalik Bin Dinaar (rahmatullah alayh) asked: "In what lies the corruption of the people?"

Hadhrat Hasan: "In the death of the heart."

Maalik Bin Dinaar: "What is the death of the heart."
Hadhrat Hasan: "The love of the world."

Muslim Woman
01-12-2013, 07:29 AM

One day Hadhrat Hasan Basri (Rahmatullah Alayh) heard the Hadith which says that the very last man of this Ummah to emerge from Jahannum after 80 years will be a person named Hannaad.

Hadhrat Hasan lamented:"I wish Hasan was that man."
(The degree of his humility and overwhelming fear created in him the perception that he (i.e. Hadhrat Hasan) may never emerge from Jahannum. Therefore, if he was Hannaad, his salvation was ensured.)

Muslim Woman
01-12-2013, 01:52 PM

If people reflect on the greatness of Allah they will fear Him, but now people reflect on the greatness of the creation! The greatness of the creation in his heart is immense. So he feels more shame from the creation than the creator.”
- Shaheed Sheikh al Husainan (Rahimahullah)

tw009
01-13-2013, 12:22 AM
‎"The one who prays the five prayers has thanked Allah and the one who makes du'a for his parents after these prayers has thanked them as well."

Muslim Woman
01-14-2013, 01:43 AM

“We have one life and it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last.”
-Muhammad Ali

Read more: http://islamic-quotes.com/#ixzz2HuSEqsIr

Shaykha
01-14-2013, 09:03 AM
You Need Allah More Than You Need Oxygen..
Because Oxygen Allows You To Breathe;
But Only Allah Allows You To LIVE!

Muslim Woman
01-16-2013, 04:31 PM

Don’t depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.”

– Ibn Taymiyyah (Rahimahullah).

Muslim Woman
01-18-2013, 03:53 PM

"The proper Islamic upbringing of your children starts the minute you start searching for a righteous spouse!"

-- Amazing quote by Sister Farhat Naik
(wife of Dr.Zakir Naik)

specs
01-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Keep praying for what it is you seek. Impossibility and possibility are merely concepts of your mind, to Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala nothing is Impossible.. ♥

Muslim Woman
01-19-2013, 02:16 AM

That Knowledge which does not lead towards Allah Is in fact, not Knowledge, but ignorance

Do for Allah's pleasure and Allah will give you from His treasure

Shaykh Yunus Patel (Raheemahullah)

Muslim Woman
01-20-2013, 03:25 AM

Nobody is really free: either you are a slave of Allāh subhaanahu wata'ala or of your nafs.

Any good that exists in the heart will make its effect apparent,
just as a bottle of musk emits its fragrance.

Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat

Muslim Woman
01-20-2013, 03:42 AM

The love of knowledge and its pursuit is the root of all obedience [to Allāh], whereas the love of this worldly life (dunyā) and its wealth is the root of all evil."

~Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawzīyah, Miftāh Dār Al-Sa’ādah

islamica
01-21-2013, 12:05 AM
“Once a soldier asked Tipu Sultan: “Is it everything is fair in love & war…?”

In a epic sentence Tipu replied:

“It’s an excuse of English people. Our tradition is that, whatever is to be done in love & war, should be fair…”

— TIPU SULTAN ( 1750-1799 , Seringapatam), also known as the Tiger of Mysore, was a Muslim ruler of the Sultanate of Mysore (India) who fought against the British occupation.

Muslim Woman
01-21-2013, 04:01 AM

‘If the heart has “rust”, then bring the “t” back : Trust in Allah Ta’ala,
“Turn” to Allah Ta’ala, make sincere “Taubah” to Allah Ta’ala.’

Muslim Woman
01-21-2013, 04:49 PM

"The one who is not afflicted with sadness and grief should fear being from the people of the Fire because (Allah says in the Qur'an that) the people of Paradise will say: •►"Praise be to Allah Who removed from us sadness..." [Surah al-Fatir, 45:34]

- Ibrahim al-Taymi

Muslim Woman
01-25-2013, 04:36 AM

The “ruh” of Ilm is Aml,

and the “ruh” of Aml is Ikhlaas,

and the “ruh” of Ikhlaas is not to even think that you are mukhlis.

*ruh : soul/spirit
*ilm : knowledge
*aml : action
*ikhlaas: sincerity
*mukhlis : sincere

Muslim Woman
01-25-2013, 04:38 AM

"Sins are like chains and locks preventing their perpetrator from roaming the vast garden of Tawheed and reaping the fruits of righteous actions."

--Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullah)
[Majmoo’ al-Fatawa 14/49]

islamica
01-25-2013, 02:40 PM
As you can taste a pot full of food with a spoon, likewise someone's tongue can tell you about his heart. - Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah

Muslim Woman
01-26-2013, 02:09 AM

Knowledge is an ocean that has no coast." So if anyone thinks they know it all, then what they have is something besides knowledge.

Keep swimming! It requires energy, dedication, sacrifice and continuity together with sincerity to acquire knowledge. Without an effort one cannot attain knowledge.

Knowledge wipes the frost off our glass and allows us to see much clearer.

The cycle of knowledge should be to keep on learning, putting into practice and conveying to others.

Mufti Menk.

Muslim Woman
01-26-2013, 03:50 PM

Living in the way of Allah is more difficult than dying in His way."

-- Shaykh Ibn Baaz (rahimahullah)

Muslim Woman
01-27-2013, 08:22 AM

When people refuse to spend in a good cause, perhaps their wealth is not fit enough to be accepted in that noble cause.

Mufti Ismail Menk.

tw009
01-29-2013, 06:36 AM
“If one gets too used to constant praise, flattery, and compliments, criticism will become difficult for them to accept even if it’s friendly advice, given in a soft manner…or even if it’s the simple, plain truth!” – Sh. Salman al-Oadah

Muslim Woman
01-30-2013, 02:38 PM

“If a person is sincere towards Allah in all his affairs, Allah will give him more than He gives to others, and this sincerity results from true love of Allah and true trust in Him. So the most sincere of people is the one who loves Allah most and puts the most trust in Him.” ♥

~Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Muslim Woman
02-03-2013, 04:32 PM

‘Umar Ibn ‘Abdil-‘Azeez (rahimahullah) said:

“Taqwaa is not fasting by day and standing for prayers by night.
But taqwaa is to desert/leave what Allah has forbidden and to fulfill what He has commanded - and whoever puts forth goodness after that, then that is khair upon khair.”

(Jaami’ ‘Uloom Wal Hikam, by Ibn Rajb p. 170)

specs
02-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Goodness lies in the person who does not see the goodness within himself.. (Ahmed bin Hanbal)

Muslim Woman
02-05-2013, 04:31 AM

Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal recorded from Muhammad bin Abi `Amirah, who was one of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah . He said,

=►❝If a servant fell down on his face (in prostration) from the day that he was born until the day he died as an old man, in obedience to Allah, he would scorn this act on the Day of Judgement. He would wish to be returned to this life so that he could earn more reward and compensation.❞

[Ahmad 4:185]

Muslim Woman
02-05-2013, 04:33 AM

Ibn al-Dunya mentioned that the prophet Dawood (alayhi salam) asked Allah;"What is the least of your blessings?"

Allah revealed to him, "O Dawood, take a breath." Dawood did so,and Allah told him, "That is the least of My Blessings on you." ♥

[Excerpt from Patience and Gratitude by Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah, pg. 70]

Sirius1
02-07-2013, 05:22 AM
Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.
George Bernard Shaw

Muslim Woman
02-07-2013, 02:51 PM

Ibn Taymiyyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

"Verily, Allah helps a just country even if it is a disbelieving one, and He does not help a wrong-doing country even if it is a Muslim one. It is through justice that men are made noble and wealth is made abundant."

Al-Bidaayah Wan-Nihaayah (6/305)

tw009
02-07-2013, 06:20 PM
"When you speak to Allah don't be embarrassed to tell Him anything. The most beautiful thing is that He knows what you are about to tell Him and yet He still listens."

Muslim Woman
02-08-2013, 04:17 PM

Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal recorded from Muhammad bin Abi `Amirah, who was one of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah . He said,

=►❝If a servant fell down on his face (in prostration) from the day that he was born until the day he died as an old man, in obedience to Allah, he would scorn this act on the Day of Judgement. He would wish to be returned to this life so that he could earn more reward and compensation.❞

[Ahmad 4:185]

Muslim Woman
02-09-2013, 03:19 PM

"Loosing time is harder than death, as loosing time keeps you away from Allah and the Hereafter, while death keeps you away from worldly life and people."

[Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim]

Muslim Woman
02-12-2013, 08:11 AM

Imam Shaafi'ee said:
"I have not debated with anyone about theological rhetoric except once, and I seek forgiveness from Allah for that!"

(ath-Thahabee in as-siyar)

--

Grace Seeker
02-13-2013, 06:55 AM
Be careful with your words, once they are said they can only be forgiven, not forgotten.

tw009
02-15-2013, 06:00 AM
"The sins that you do in private kills the heart more than the sins that you do in public, because it means that you value the eyes of the people more than you value the sight of Allah. You are more worried about people catching you sinning than Allah seeing you."

-Imam Ibn Qudamah

Qurratul Ayn
02-18-2013, 10:34 PM
:salamext:

"Do not detest the misfortunes that befall you, for what you detest may be the cause of your salvation and what you like may be the cause of your ruin"

Al-Hasan Al-Basree

specs
02-18-2013, 11:11 PM
A woman's best jewellery is her shyness (Fatima RA)

Muslim Woman
02-20-2013, 03:54 PM

How can success be achieved when the call to success is ignored?

"Hayya alal Falaah!"

-
Mufti Ismail Menk

Muslim Woman
02-21-2013, 03:45 PM

"A man dreams of a perfect wife whilst a woman dreams of a perfect husband yet they don't realize that they've been created to complete one another." ♥

--Mufti Ismaíl Menk

tw009
02-21-2013, 07:47 PM
"There is no education like adversity" - Benjamin Disraeli

Muslim Woman
02-22-2013, 02:11 AM

Every sin we commit delays the arrival of Allah’s Victory. Every Salah we delay extends the incarceration of a captive at Guantanamo Bay.

Every drug we take allows another Quran to be flushed down the toilet. Every hour we waste watching TV allows another Muslim to be kidnapped and extradited into the hands of savage beasts.

Every time we gaze at something forbidden, we place an obstacle in the path of Allah’s Victory.

A sin is not a ‘private matter between me and Allah’ but one sin can make the difference between victory and defeat. Every sin we commit is one more reason why Allah should not grant us relief, safety and victory.

Political Prisoner Babar Ahmad

Innocent Soul
02-22-2013, 02:28 PM
One of the early scholars said to his student: What would you do if Satan entices you to sin?
He said: I would struggle against him.

Scholar: And if he returns?
Student: I would struggle against him.

Scholar: And if he returns again?
Student: I would struggle against him.

The scholar told him: This can take forever. What if you are passing by some sheep and their watchdog starts barking at you, preventing you from passing, what would your action be?
Student: I would wear it down by struggle and repel it.

Scholar: This is a lengthy process. If you go instead to the owner of the sheep, he will be able to make the dog desist.

[Source: The World Of Jinn & Devils by Umar S al-Ashqar]

Muslim Woman
02-23-2013, 01:27 AM

When was the last time you visited the sick, assisted them in any

way, prayed for their cure or inquired about them?

Make it a regular feature in your weekly routine.

Mufti Ismaíl Menk

Qurratul Ayn
02-23-2013, 04:08 PM
:salamext:

"Don't have knowledge without acting and don't act without knowledge"

Al-Khateb Al-Baghdadi

Muslim Woman
02-26-2013, 08:30 AM

If this world were to be filled with thorns,
the hearts of the lovers of Allah will still be flowery gardens”.... Rumi

Land.Of.Pure
02-26-2013, 02:56 PM
God has a bigger plan for me than I have for myself

A beautiful duaa I'd like to share

O GOD , should You give me wealth, do not take away my happiness...
And should You give me might, do not take away my wisdom....
And should You give me success do not take away my humility...
And should You give me modesty do not take away my sense of dignity...

O GOD, teach me to love others as I love myself...
And teach me to judge myself as I judge others...
And teach me that forgiveness is one of the greatest steps towards strength...

O GOD , do not curse me with arrogance should I be successful...
And neither with despair and hopelessness should I fail...

O GOD, remind me always that failure is the trial that precedes success....
Should You take away my wealth, do let me keep my hopefulness...
And should I fail, do let me keep the power of determination...
And should You take away the blessing of good health do let me keep the blessing of faith...

O GOD , should I have harmed others give the courage to apologise...
And should others harm me, do bless me with the courage to forgive...
And should I forget You Ya ALLAH I beg that You should not exclude me from Your compassion and clemency...

For You are The Greatest, The Vanquisher, The All Powerful on all things

Muslim Woman
02-27-2013, 02:27 PM

Imaam Maalik said, when he was asked about how Allaah rose over the Throne: “We know that He rose over it, but we do not know how. Believing in it is obligatory and asking about it is bid'ah."

A,Jusufi
02-27-2013, 03:04 PM
"Life has never ever shown to someone her beauty and attraction, later not to have discovered her teeth. "

Muslim Woman
02-28-2013, 01:08 PM

‘The sooner you connect yourself to Allah Ta’ala and Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi waSallam), the sooner you get on ‘track’, then the first thing Allah Ta’ala blesses you with is
peace of mind and satisfaction.’ -

Eric H
02-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Some quotes on poverty and justice.

"Sometime in your life, hope that you might see one starved man, the look on his face when the bread finally arrives. Hope that you might have baked it or bought it or even needed it for yourself. For that look on his face, for your hands meeting his across a piece of bread, you might be willing to lose a lot, or suffer a lot, or die a little, even." Daniel Berrigan

"The biblical definition of justice is finding out who it belongs to, and returning it to them." Walter Brueggermann

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

"If I were a parent in a poor, debt-riddled nation, cradling my dying child in my arms, my heart would be broken and I would cry out for a solution. My prayer is that the leaders of the world will heed these cries and will work together to solve this critical problem. As a follower of Jesus, however, I believe this is not just a political or economic issue, it's a moral and spiritual issue as well." The Rev. Billy Graham

"Be realistic, do the impossible." Che Guevara

"Its [Africa's] debt burden is the new economy's chains of slavery. Servicing the debt takes from the most impoverished to give to the most affluent." Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr.

"To accept passively an unjust system is to cooperate with that system; thereby the oppressed become as evil as the oppressor." Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Must we starve our children to pay our debts?" Julius Nyerere, former President of Tanzania

"From now on, you are no longer alone. In all things you must take your brothers and sisters into account." The Rule of the Taize Community

"The issue is not what we will give to the poor. It is when will we stop taking from the poor?" Jim Wallis, Editor, Sojourners; Convener, Call to Renewal

A Native American elder tried to explain the attacks of September 11 to his grandson. The boy asked how he felt about this tragedy. " I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving, healing, compassionate one."
"But grandfather, which wolf will win the fight for your heart?"
The old man replied, "The one that I feed."

Poverty is a sin against God.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people.

Eric

Shaykha
03-04-2013, 09:00 AM
"Whilst In This World Shaytaan Deceives Us In Many Ways. One Way Is That He Makes Us See Our Good Only; He Keeps Us Completely Neglectful Of The Evil That Lies Within Us. It Is For This Reason That When We Backbite (May Allah Safeguard Us From This Filth), We Talk About Others Faults Without Realising That They Exist In Our Life. Our Mashaa’ikh - The Experts In Spirituality, They Teach Us To Always Look At Your Own Faults. ‘The One Who Recognises His + And – Points (Himself) He Will Become The ‘Aariff Of Allah S.W.T - He’ll Quickly Become The Walee Of Allah’."

[ Shaykh Saleem Dhorat Hafizahullah ]

tw009
03-06-2013, 02:00 AM
"Never have I ever dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me."- Imam Al-Ghazali

tw009
03-09-2013, 02:03 AM
"When you ask of a human you lower your head; but when you ask of Allah you raise your head; when you fear a human you run away from him; but when you fear Allah you run to Him"

Shaykha
03-09-2013, 08:37 PM
We All Have To Leave This Temporary World One Day. No Soul Is Aware When It'll Be Their Turn. So Prepare, Repent And Pray Before Its Too Late!

Shaykha
03-10-2013, 04:08 PM
إملاء الخير خير من السكوت والسكوت خير من إملاء الشر

"Speaking what is good is better than silence, and silence is better than speaking evil."

tw009
03-13-2013, 10:44 PM
O you, who spends his lifetime disobeying his Lord, no one amongst your enemies is wicked to you more than you are to yourself " -Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Muslim Woman
03-14-2013, 03:59 PM

The chewer of Hamza's liver was forgiven.

And you still doubt the Mercy of The Most Merciful?

Seek forgiveness now, as your sins are not more than His Mercy! ♥

--Faizan Shaikh

Muslim Woman
03-16-2013, 03:40 PM

The graves are full of people who thought that they would practice Islam when they became old. Old age is not promised to anyone.

- Brother AbuHafsah AbdulMalik Clare

Shaykha
03-17-2013, 02:23 PM
"Actions Speak Louder Than Words. We Can Apologise Over & Over But If Our Actions Do Not Change Then Our Words Become Meaningless."
Mufti Ismail Menk

Innocent Soul
03-19-2013, 01:01 PM

marwen
03-21-2013, 09:28 PM
The prophet, peace and blessings upon him, said : “Protect yourself from the (Hell) Fire, even by giving half a date (in charity).”
[Al-Bukhaari & Muslim]

Muslim Woman
03-24-2013, 04:09 PM

As there is no darkness in the moonlight. So is Mustafa (Muhammad), the well wisher, bright.
Abu Bakr as-Sideeq (radiAllahu anhu)

Muslim Woman
03-24-2013, 04:13 PM

Keep yourself busy in remembering your faults so that you have no time left to remember the faults of OTHERS
-Imam Sufyan ath-Thawri (Rahimahullah)

Shaykha
03-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Every Bad Situation Has Something Positive In It. Even A Stopped Watch Tells Correct Time Twice A Day. Always Expect Positive From Life!

tw009
03-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Improve your secret and private life and Allah will improve your public and social life. Make matters well between you and Allah, and Allah will make matters well between you and people. Work for the Hereafter, and Allah will be enough for you in your worldly concerns.

yahia12
03-25-2013, 05:28 PM
”Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” John Wooden

Muslim Woman
03-26-2013, 03:58 PM

The heart is like a vessel or a dish...and the tongue or limbs are spoons fetching whatever is contained in the dish.

If the heart contains true belief in Allah...the tongue will speak the truth and the limbs will act on it!

Let's focus on gaining authentic knowledge so that our hearts increase in eeman, so that we increase in righteous actions and then reach the ranks of true Mu'mineen striving for Allah's pleasure and His Eternal Jannah! ♥

--Umm 'Isa

Muslim Woman
03-29-2013, 02:07 AM

Ghaflat (negligence/heedlessness) is the HEN which lays the EGGS of all other sins. This is what happens when we become negligent and forgetful of Allah Ta’ala, of Aakhirah and of Accountability: We get caught up in sins.’

---Shaykh Yunus Patel (Raheemahullah)".

Muslim Woman
03-31-2013, 03:27 AM

Putting your trust in Allah isn't just accepting what happens to you, it's doing all you can to make something happen.

~AbdulBary Yahya

tw009
04-02-2013, 04:34 AM
"But to expose the former faults of any person, without knowing what their present feelings were seemed unjustifiable" -Jane Austen (from Pride & Prejudice)

'Abd-al Latif
04-03-2013, 03:53 PM
"When Israelis in the occupied territories now claim that they have to defend themselves, they are defending themselves in the sense that any military occupier has to defend itself against the population they are crushing... You can't defend yourself when you're militarily occupying someone else's land. That's not defense. Call it what you like, it's not defense."

— Noam Chomsky

Muslim Woman
04-03-2013, 04:12 PM

‘Empty the heart and receive Allah.

- Shaykh Yunus Patel (Raheemahullah)".

tw009
04-06-2013, 04:48 AM
"Know that you cannot love Allah until you love obeying Him." -Imam Al-Hasan al-Basri

Muslim Woman
04-08-2013, 01:14 PM

Envy is the greatest threat to the Muslims and Society. It divides the people."

--Shaikh Zayd al-Madkhalee (hafidhahullaah)

[Sharh 40 Hadeeth an-Nawawee, no.35]

'Aleena
04-09-2013, 04:14 PM
“Don’t deprive someone of hope for perhaps that is all they have at that moment. Be someone who encourages; be a friend who inspires, a relative who supports, and a stranger who is kind. Grant people hope for perhaps that is all they have to make it through, and in turn Allah will fulfill your hopes and help you make it through…”
– Fajr

http://fajr.wordpress.com/

Muslim Woman
04-09-2013, 04:55 PM

KEEP YOUR HEART AS SHINY AS THE POLISHED SILVER ✦

"There is no doubt that hearts becomes rusty just as copper and silver coins become rusty.

And hearts become rusty due to two things:-(1) neglecting remembering Allaah, and (2) committing sins.

The polish for these two things are: (1) seeking Allaah's forgiveness and (2) dhikr." [ibn al-Qayyim]

Muslim Woman
04-11-2013, 07:52 AM

The believer is like a pearl; wherever he is, his beautiful (qualities) are with him." ♥

-- Imaam Maalik (rahimahullaah)

[Hilyatul Al-Awliyaa:2/377]

Muslim Woman
04-11-2013, 04:49 PM

For the Aarif of Allah, his concern at every step is: ‘Is my Allah pleased with this step?’When he speaks: ‘Is my Allah pleased with this speech?’On his every action: ‘Is my Allah pleased with this action?’

Shaykh Yunus Patel (Raheemahullah)".

Muslim Woman
04-12-2013, 01:06 AM

Don't rush your Salah for anything as you're standing in front of The One Who is in charge of whatever you are rushing for.

Muslim Woman
04-15-2013, 07:51 AM

We do not raise our children for them to provide for us.
We raise them to worship Allah." ~ [Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen]

glo
04-16-2013, 06:31 AM
Bad things happen to everyone. It isn't your experiences that define your life. It's your responses that make or break you.
(Rick Warren)

glo
04-16-2013, 03:23 PM
I came across this quote today and it struck a chord with me in connection with the discussions around the bombings in Boston and bombings in the Middle East.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"
(Martin Luther King)

We should stand united and speak out against ALL bombings, atrocities and attacks on innocent human life.

glo
04-16-2013, 03:46 PM
"When evil people plot, good people must plan. When evil people burn & bomb, good people must bind & build" - Martin Luther King Jr.

جوري
04-17-2013, 04:58 PM
هناك أختلاف بين الاعجاب و الحب أذا أعجبتك ورده ستقطفها ولكن أذآ أحببتهآ ستسقيها

There's a difference between desire & love... if you desire a rose you'll pluck her but if you love a rose, you'll water (nurture) her ...

Muslim Woman
04-17-2013, 04:58 PM

There is no person as beautiful as the one who worships Allah with complete sincerity. ♥

--AbdulBary Yahya

glo
04-19-2013, 05:37 AM
"Prayer clears the mist and brings back peace to the Soul"
~Rumi~

Muslim Woman
04-20-2013, 01:23 AM

It is better for a man to give one dirham as Sadqa during his lifetime
than to give a hundred at the time of his death.

(Abu Dawud).

Muslim Woman
04-22-2013, 04:40 PM

When it feels like the weight of the world is on your shoulders, know that you have Allah, and He is all you need."

--AbdulBary Yahya

islamica
04-30-2013, 10:36 AM
"Love your brother, but do not love him too much for he may become your enemy. Hate your enemy, but do not hate him too much because he may become your brother." - Ali (ra)

Muslim Woman
05-01-2013, 11:52 PM

We are not here for the sake of Dunya. We are here for the sake of Aakhirah.
We have to prepare here, to live it up there.

Hazrat Maulana Abdul Hamid Is`haq (Daamat Barakaatuhum)

specs
05-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything.

Muslim Woman
05-02-2013, 08:44 AM

Be grateful no matter what the calamities are. Remember, miracles can happen in seconds, only when Allah wills it. It can happen today, maybe tomorrow and maybe it will happen some other day. Allah says: give the glad tidings to the patients. So, be among the patient and help is just round the corner!" ♥

--Shaikh Assim AlHakeem

islamica
05-07-2013, 01:30 AM
“The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books - a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects.”

- Albert Einstein

glo
05-07-2013, 06:43 AM

Muslim Woman
05-09-2013, 03:29 PM

Knowledge must lead to action. Doing one act that is pleasing to Allah is better than listening to one hundred lectures about how to please Allah.

- Omar Suleiman

Muslim Woman
05-09-2013, 03:32 PM

The worker, who wants to know his degree in the master’s eye, should first observe how much he works for him."

-- Ibn al-Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Muslim Woman
05-11-2013, 12:25 PM

Ibraaheem ibn Faatik said: I heard Aboo Ya`qoob say:

"This world is an ocean, and the Hereafter is that distant shore, the boat to be traveled within is fear of Allaah, and the people are travelers within it."

(Siyaar A`laam an-Nubala, vol.15, p.282)

Muslim Woman
05-12-2013, 05:28 PM

"Whoever leaves something for Allaah’s Sake,
Allaah will replace it for him with something better." ♥

[Hijaabul-Mar'ah p.49, al-Albaani]

Sir Fluffy
05-12-2013, 05:56 PM
"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." Albert Einstein

Sir Fluffy
05-12-2013, 05:57 PM
"If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." Benjamin Franklin

Sir Fluffy
05-12-2013, 05:59 PM
"That there is one God, who made all things. That he governs the world by his providence. That he ought to be worshipped by adoration, prayer, and thanksgiving. But that the most acceptable service to God is doing good to man. That the soul is immortal. And that God will certainly reward virtue and punish vice, either here or hereafter." Benjamin Franklin

tw009
05-12-2013, 11:34 PM
The cause of jealousy and ingratitude is that with regards to ourselves, we see only our trials--but not our blessings. But with regards to others, we see only their blessings--but not their trials. -Yasmin Mogahed

Sir Fluffy
05-14-2013, 03:02 AM
"I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." Jack London

"An acute first-class brain is the finest asset anyone can have- and, if we want to be happy, it is an asset we must exploit to the uttermost."
Cicero

"A man who examines the saddle and bridle and not the animal itself when he is out to buy a horse is a fool; similarly, only an absolute fool values a man according to his clothes, or according to his position, which after all is only something we wear like clothing." Seneca

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared." Eddie Rickenbacker

Muslim Woman
05-14-2013, 05:22 PM

Don’t let your past dictate who you are, but let it be a lesson that strengthens the person you will become.

-- Zakia Usmani

Sir Fluffy
05-14-2013, 08:14 PM
"Every difficulty in life presents us with an opportunity to turn inward and to invoke our own submerged inner resources. The trials we endure can and should introduce us to our strengths." Epictetus

"Other people's views and troubles can be contagious. Don't sabotage yourself by unwittingly adopting negative, unproductive attitudes through your associations with others." Epictetus

"Justice's greatest reward is peace of mind." Epicurus

" Self-sufficiency is the greatest of all wealth." Epicurus

جوري
05-14-2013, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sir Fluffy
"Other people's views and troubles can be contagious. Don't sabotage yourself by unwittingly adopting negative, unproductive attitudes through your associations with others." Epictetus
I just read today that nothing can drive a perfectly sane person insane except for a fool!

Sir Fluffy
05-14-2013, 08:18 PM
"I appeal to all men and women, whether they be eminent or humble, to declare that they will refuse to give any further assistance to war or the preparation of war." Albert Einstein

format_quote Originally Posted by العنود
I just read today that nothing can drive a perfectly sane person insane except for a fool!
Welcome to America! That is the first rule learned when you step foot in my country ;D

Sir Fluffy
05-14-2013, 10:01 PM
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." Albert Camus (my favorite philosopher)

Sir Fluffy
05-14-2013, 10:01 PM
"Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken." Albert Camus

Sir Fluffy
05-14-2013, 10:03 PM
"Don't believe your friends when they ask you to be honest with them. All they really want is to be maintained in the good opinion they have of themselves." Albert Camus

Sir Fluffy
05-14-2013, 10:04 PM
"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon this world." Albert Camus

Muslim Woman
05-15-2013, 03:30 PM

''Cursed is the man who dies, but the evil done by him survives.''

[Imam Abu Hanifa r.a]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Muslim Woman
05-22-2013, 04:21 PM

Durood Sharief is a capsule which containes three forms of Ibaadat:
Shukr (appreciation), Hamd (praise) and Dua (supplication).

Hazrat Maulana Abdul Hamid Is`haq Saheb (Daamat Barakaatuhum)

Muslim Woman
05-23-2013, 02:12 AM

Wherever you go, you must have the niyyah (intention) to convey this beautiful Deen to others.

islamica
05-26-2013, 03:22 AM
You chase the dunya and its pleasures when the dunya was the punishment for Adam (alayhi salaam) - Hassan Al-Bassri

Muslim Woman
05-26-2013, 12:35 PM

You chase the dunya and its pleasures when the dunya was the punishment for Adam (alayhi salaam) - Hassan Al-Bassri

Muslim Woman
05-26-2013, 04:04 PM

“What I fear for you is following your desires and hoping for a long life, for following one’s desires make the man ignore the truth and hoping for a long life makes him to forget about the long life.”

[Ali Ibn Abi Talib - radiyAllaahu 'anhu [Fath Al -Baari]

Muslim Woman
05-27-2013, 04:27 PM

Iman [faith] is a statement of the tongue, an action of the limbs and a belief of the heart. It increases with obedience and decreases with disobedience."

--Ibn Qudhama al-Hanbali
(Luma Tul Itiqadh pg. 21)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.