/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gems Beautiful Quotes, Proverbs, Sayings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

Muslim Woman
05-29-2013, 12:50 PM
:sl:

"Beware of being found where Allaah prohibited you and being absent from where Allaah commanded you to be."

--Aboo Hazim
[al-Hilyah v. 3 p. 234]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
05-30-2013, 05:15 PM

Life cannot become boring when we establish contact with the One who gives Happiness

Shaykh Yunus Patel (Raheemahullah)

tw009
05-31-2013, 06:58 AM
To love is wonderful, but to be loved is something else! To be loved by Allah... now that is Everything!-AbdulBary Yahya

Muslim Woman
06-03-2013, 03:42 PM

The person who makes fun of others is oftentimes worse than them. To make fun of people only springs from a heart that is full of bad characters."

--Shaikh As-Sa'di (rahimahullah)

(Taysir-ul-Kari­m, p. 801)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
06-03-2013, 03:49 PM

Three worldly things have been made dear to me: feeding the hungry, clothing thenaked and reading the Qur'an."

--'Uthman Ibn 'Affan (radi Allahu 'anhu)

glo
06-05-2013, 06:59 PM
"What does love look like?
It has the hands to help others.
It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy.
It has eyes to see misery and want.
It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men.
That is what love looks like."

Saint Augustine

Muslim Woman
06-06-2013, 12:22 AM

"The one who hates something Islamic is a disbeliever."

--Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen (rahimahullah)

(Source: Liqa Al Bab Al Maftuh 105)

جوري
06-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Mankind unanimously agree that there is no enmity to the insane and young. Once they gain intelligence their opponents are found. The more they increase in intelligence the more opponents they have. Whoever has no opponents then he is either missing its cause or it is not functioning.

يُجمع البشر على عدم عداوة المجنون والصغير، فإذا عَقل وُجد خصومه، وكلما زاد عقله زاد خصومه، ومن لا خصوم له فهو فاقد سببه أو معطلٌ له

Abz2000
06-11-2013, 12:17 AM
The finish line is the new mirage in town - only it has more smoke and shrapnel.
Quit killing innocent Muslims or just quit racing.

Abu Ali Al-Muhajir

Periwinkle18
06-11-2013, 12:25 AM
"Allah’s planning is ever subtle, may not be immediately understood, but always wise." -AbdulBary Yahya

Abz2000
06-11-2013, 01:30 AM
If life deals you lemons, make lemonade.
(unknown)

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance
(hmmmmm, wondering if that word (vigilance) means keeping a close eye on public servants so they don't overstep, or getting spied on by them while they commit crimes).

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
(Desiderius Erasmus)

glo
06-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.

Every moment, thank God.

~Nicky Gumbel

Periwinkle18
06-11-2013, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
If life deals you lemons, make lemonade.
(unknown)
Making lemonade is hard :p

If you think abt it saying it is v easy buh actually doing something to change the situation is hard :S

Buh I guess one can try...

Lol sorry I've just heard this so many times it just makes me think.

Taabuu
06-11-2013, 11:13 AM
"Intelligence is a skill that we learn, if we don't use it we loss it!"
"Life is a book with each day a page in that book! It is just a shame if a page goes blank or not filled up properly! Yet again some days some empty pages would be nice!"
"Your greatest fear is your greatest weakness! It can make you the strongest person or it can break you down and get you on your knees! Conquer the fear and you will CONQUER the world!" :statisfie

Another quote:
"To exist is to face the uncertainties of the world and to commit oneself passionately to a way of life!" I wish I knew where I got that from!:):):):):):):):):):)

Periwinkle18
06-11-2013, 11:17 AM
"If you do not work hard and face difficulties along your way in seeking glory, you will never taste honor and relief when you attain victory."

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]

Huzaifah ibn Adam
06-11-2013, 12:03 PM
"Cowardliness will always be cowardliness, even if you consider it to be using wisdom." - Ash-Shaykh Ash-Shaheed Abu Yahya al-Libbi (Rahimahullaah)

"Bravery does not shorten one's life, and cowardliness does not prolong it." - Shaheed Taahir Jaan (Rahmatullaahi `Alayhi).

Was-Salaam.

Periwinkle18
06-11-2013, 04:56 PM
We are a nation whom Allah has honored with Islam, and whenever we seek honor in something else, Allah will humiliate us."[Umar ibn Al-Khattab (r.a)]

Periwinkle18
06-11-2013, 05:27 PM
"Be not of those who curse Iblis in public yet obey him in private."*— 'Umar ibn 'Abdul-'Aziz

glo
06-12-2013, 09:26 AM
“Give your enemy a thousand chances to become your friend, but do not give your friend a single chance to become your enemy.”

— Ali Ibn Abu Talib

Taabuu
06-12-2013, 09:34 AM
My favourite quote is:
''It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is, better still to sit with the good than alone. It is better to speak to a seeker of knowledge than to remain silent; but silence is better than idle words.''

Taabuu
06-13-2013, 05:47 AM
"Without dreams, we reach nothing. Without love, we feel nothing. Without God, we are nothing." :(:(

Taabuu
06-13-2013, 06:13 AM
Never look for a good face, it will turn old one day. Never look for a good skin, it will wrinkle one day. Never look for a nice body, it will change one day. Never look for nice hair, it will turn white one day. Instead, look for a loyal heart that will love you EVERYDAY & bring you closer to your Creator..!!!

~Taabuu~

Muslim Woman
06-18-2013, 01:53 PM

"Sometimes the Almighty creates situations of distress to help us recognize Him, turn to Him, realize our wrongdoings, and become sincere."

-Mufti Ismail Menk

Taabuu
06-19-2013, 08:35 AM
"Truly in the heart there is a void that cannot be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that cannot be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that cannot be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."

جوري
06-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Ibn Al-Qayyim said, “Verily, the Sharia is founded upon wisdom and welfare for the servants in this life and the afterlife. In its entirety it is justice, mercy, benefit, and wisdom. Every matter which abandons justice for tyranny, mercy for cruelty, benefit for corruption, and wisdom for foolishness is not a part of the Sharia even if it was introduced therein by an interpretation.”

Source: I’lam Al-Muwaqqi’in ‘an Rabb Al-Alamin 11

قال ابن القيم فَإِنَّ الشَّرِيعَةَ مَبْنَاهَا وَأَسَاسُهَا عَلَى الْحِكَمِ وَمَصَالِحِ الْعِبَادِ فِي الْمَعَاشِ وَالْمَعَادِ وَهِيَ عَدْلٌ كُلُّهَا وَرَحْمَةٌ كُلُّهَا وَمَصَالِحُ كُلُّهَا وَحِكْمَةٌ كُلُّهَا فَكُلُّ مَسْأَلَةٍ خَرَجَتْ عَنْ الْعَدْلِ إلَى الْجَوْرِ وَعَنْ الرَّحْمَةِ إلَى ضِدِّهَا وَعَنْ الْمَصْلَحَةِ إلَى الْمَفْسَدَةِ وَعَنْ الْحِكْمَةِ إلَى الْبَعْثِ فَلَيْسَتْ مِنْ الشَّرِيعَةِ وَإِنْ أُدْخِلَتْ فِيهَا بِالتَّأْوِيلِ

11 إعلام الموقعين عن رب العالمين ابن القيم

Ibn Taymiyyah said, “Allah will support the just state even if it is led by unbelievers, but Allah will not support the oppressive state even if it is led by believers.”

Source: Majmu’ Al-Fatawa 28/63

قال ابن تيمية اللَّهُ يَنْصُرُ الدَّوْلَةَ الْعَادِلَةَ وَإِنْ كَانَتْ كَافِرَةً وَلَا يَنْصُرُ الدَّوْلَةَ الظَّالِمَةَ وَإِنْ كَانَتْ مُؤْمِنَةً

28/63 مجموع فتاوى ابن تيمية

Taabuu
06-20-2013, 07:43 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira

The Prophet (saw) said:

"Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (This term "Haya" covers a large number of concepts which are to be taken together; amongst them are self respect, modesty, bashfulness, and scruple, etc.) is a part of faith."

Taabuu
06-20-2013, 07:48 AM
As'salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Alhamdulillah. :happy:

"If you fail in your exams, there is always a next year. If you lose your spouse, there can be a second marriage, but if you die, there is no second chance. This life is only one opportunity."

Today every person is satisfied with his own opinion. (“The whole world is wrong but I am right!”) [Hazrat Maseehul-Ummat Ashraf Ali Thanvi]

It is useless to have a learned tongue but an ignorant heart. [Shaykh Abdal Qadir al Jilani]

Taabuu
06-20-2013, 07:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

"Sometimes the Almighty creates situations of distress to help us recognize Him, turn to Him, realize our wrongdoings, and become sincere."

-Mufti Ismail Menk
:thankyou: lovely quotes, sis especially those above ones, may Allah reward you.

Taabuu
06-20-2013, 08:28 AM
salam,

Mashallah very good quotes..very inspiring.

here are some quotes...

“Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” [Maulana Rumi]

"Know that you have three friends. The first of them is your wealth,which you shall lose at the time of death. The second of them is yourfamily, who shall leave you once you are in your grave. The third ofthem are your actions, which shall never depart from you. So befriendthat which will accompany you in your grave, and be intimate with it.The intelligent one is he who knows Allah, His commands and Hisprohibitions." [Ibn 'Ata' Allah (Taj al-'arus al-hawi li tahdhib al-nufus, 32).]

Everything in life is a paradox. The more you want approval, the more you become a person that other people don't want to approve of, the less you care about whether you get approval, the more you get.

Fear less, hope more,
eat less, chew more,
whine less, breathe more,
talk less, say more,
hate less, love more,
and all good things
will be yours.

Taabuu
06-20-2013, 02:13 PM
"Always Ignore hateful attitude & rude behavior of the people. They are Powerless without your response"

tw009
06-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Sufyaan ath-Thawri (rahimahullah) said: "Nothing is harder for me to handle than my intention."

Taabuu
06-22-2013, 08:42 AM

‘What is destined will reach you, even if it be underneath two mountains. What is not destined, will not reach you, even if it be between your two lips!’

— An Arabic proverb

Taabuu
06-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Some of the valuable Islamic quotes :

1) Charity averts impending calamities.✿
2) Wish not for death before its time comes.✿
3) Paradise lies at the feet of your mother.✿
4) He who wishes to enter paradise must please his parents.✿
5) Kindness is a mark of faith and whoever has not kindness has no faith.✿
6) Speak well of your dead and refrain from speaking ill of them.✿
7) It is not worthy of a speaker of truth to curse people.✿
8) Trust in Allah but tie your camel.اعقلها و توكل ✿
9) He who travels in search of knowledge,to him Allah shows the way to paradise.✿

Muslim Woman
06-22-2013, 12:47 PM

Is-haaq ibn Abi Israaeel said: I heard Sufyaan ibn `Uyainah (rahimahullah) saying:

“There is no blessing, which Allaah bestowed upon His slaves, better than what He taught them about “Laa ilaaha illAllaah” (There is no deity worthy of being worshiped except Allaah). For verily “Laa ilaaha illAllaah” for them in the Hereafter will be like how water is for the people of the Dunyaa.” ♥

[Tahdheeb Al-Kamaal by Al-Mizzee (11/191)]

Muslim Woman
07-01-2013, 02:16 PM

Fasting increases mercy and makes people aware of the pain suffered by those less fortunate."

--Al-Bassaam
[Taysir al-Allaam v. 1 p. 313]

islamica
07-02-2013, 02:40 AM
Umar bin Al-Khattaab (radiyAllahu'anhu) said:

“Don’t be fooled by the recitation of #Quran for it’s only words that we utter. Rather, look at the one who acts upon it.”

(Iqtidaa-u al'ilmi al'amal pg 71)

Muslim Woman
07-07-2013, 04:16 PM

"Reaching Ramadan is a great blessing from Allah. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to give his companions the glad tidings of the arrival of Ramadan and explain its virtues, and the great reward that Allah has prepared for those who fast and who spend the night in prayer.

It is prescribed for the Muslim to welcome this blessed month with sincere repentance and preparations to fast and pray qiyaam, with a sound intention and sincere resolve."

[Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him).]

tw009
07-10-2013, 05:36 PM
"Do not ask the son of Adam for your needs
But ask the One whose doors do not close
Allah is angry when you do not ask
And the son of Adam, if asked, is angry"

Icy Maiden
07-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Really nice quotes over here!! I'll have to post some of my favourites soon. :ace:

Qurratul Ayn
07-14-2013, 11:31 PM
:salamext:

"Fasting does not mean keeping away from only food and drink, it also means keeping away from lying, falsehood, inanity, and swearing"
'Umar

"Fasting is a shield as long as one does not tear it and tearing it is when one backbites"
Umar ibn Al-Khattab

Muslim Woman
07-16-2013, 08:38 AM

Ibn Mubaarak: ( Alkahf : v110)

"Whoever wants to see their lord in the hereafter then let him do good deeds and not tell anyone."

(2\249: ﺍﻟﺤﺠﺔ)

islamica
07-20-2013, 11:06 AM
"Improve your secret and private life, and Allah will improve your public and social life. Make matters well between you and Allah, and Allah will make matters well between you and people. Work for the Hereafter, and Allah will be enough for you in your worldly concerns."

{Imam Sufyaan At-Thawree rahimahullah}

tw009
08-18-2013, 10:22 AM
“Allah made the believer’s strength in his heart and did not make it in his limbs, don’t you see a weak old man fast the hot days and stand (in prayer) at night while a young man is unable to do that.”

Serendipity
08-20-2013, 11:56 AM
"Do not envy people for what they have as they will only enjoy it for a short while." (Idris AS)

glo
08-22-2013, 08:27 AM

Muhaba
08-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Jazak-Allaho khairan for beautiful meaningful quotes.

Periwinkle18
08-23-2013, 06:31 AM
"I fear the day when the disbelievers are proud of their falsehood, and the Muslims are shy of their faith."*Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA)

Muslim Woman
08-25-2013, 04:54 PM

"Whoever remembered Allaah whilst being alive and in good health will remember Him at the time of death."

--Ibn al-Qayyim (rahimahullaah)

[Tareeq v. 1 p. 308]

Muslim Woman
08-25-2013, 05:02 PM

"While you are hating your life because you can't get what you want, someone is wishing to have a life like yours!"

[Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan]

♥ Alhamdulillaah For Everything! ♥

Nur Student
08-25-2013, 09:41 PM
"A learned guide should be a sheep, not a bird. A sheep gives its lamb milk, while a bird gives its chick regurgitated food."

~Bediuzzaman Said Nursi

ism
08-26-2013, 12:13 AM
When you have nothing left except Allah, then you find that Allah is always enough for you.

Taabuu
08-26-2013, 06:04 AM

Taabuu
08-26-2013, 07:44 AM

Taabuu
08-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Talking is silver:) but staying silent is gold..:nervous:

Taabuu
08-26-2013, 10:20 AM
"The planning of The Almighty (Allah) is better for you than your own planning, and He could deprive you from what you ask to test your patience. So let Him see from you a determined patience and you will soon see from Him what will give you joy. And when you have cleaned the paths of answering (of supplication) from the stains of sin and was patient about what He has chosen for you, then every thing that happens to you is better for you whether you were given or deprived of what you have requested."

سيف الله
08-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Salaam

Ill contribute

This is a quote attributed to Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (Soviet dissident).

Over a half century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of old people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened." Since then I have spent well-nigh 50 years working on the history of our revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval. But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous revolution that swallowed up some 60 million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened."

ism
08-26-2013, 02:54 PM
“When a man honours a transgressor, he helps the destruction of Islam.” [Ihya Ulum Id-Din by Imam Ghazali]

Taabuu
08-27-2013, 06:31 AM

" A fool's mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise man's tongue is under the control of his mind."-

Muslim Woman
08-29-2013, 06:24 AM

For everything that a slave loses there is a substitute,
but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.
- Ibn al-Qayyim

ism
08-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Thank Allah for what you have -- Trust Allah for what you need.

tw009
09-08-2013, 04:35 PM
"Oh feet of patience, keep going, for what remains is only a little. Remember the sweetness of worship, then the bitterness of striving will become easier for you."- Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

glo
09-08-2013, 06:32 PM
This blew me away:

“Shall I tell you of something that is better than fasting, prayer & charity?
It is mending discord between people. Beware of hatred – it strips you of your religion”

- Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, his family and companions
Ref. (Sunan Abi Dawud 4919)
:statisfie

Plz Answer Me
09-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Shhh!!!!!!! Silence is golden.

Muslim Woman
09-09-2013, 04:41 PM

Don't do an act of worship to get over with it, rather do it for getting closer to Allah."

-- Shaykh Saleh Al-Maghamsi

Plz Answer Me
09-09-2013, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nur Student
"A learned guide should be a sheep, not a bird. A sheep gives its lamb milk, while a bird gives its chick regurgitated food."

~Bediuzzaman Said Nursi
Jazakallah!

ism
09-09-2013, 08:10 PM
The best that you can seek from Him is that which He seeks from you.

Plz Answer Me
09-09-2013, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ism
The best that you can seek from Him is that which He seeks from you.
Who is "Him"???
Allah???

Sir Fluffy
09-09-2013, 08:18 PM
"Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble."

~Joseph Campbell~

Sir Fluffy
09-09-2013, 08:21 PM
"I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit"
~Khalil Gibran~

Sir Fluffy
09-09-2013, 08:22 PM
"I hate organized religion. I think you have to love thy neighbor as thyself. I think you have to pick your own God and be true to him. I always say 'him' rather than 'her.' Maybe it's because of my generation, but I don't like the idea of a female God. I see God as a benevolent male."
~Julia Child~

Sir Fluffy
09-09-2013, 08:26 PM
"Religion... shall mean for us the feelings, acts, and experiences of individual men in their solitude... in relation to whatever they may consider the divine. Since the relation may be either moral, physical, or ritual, it is evident that out of religion in the sense in which we take it, theologies, philosophies, and ecclesiastical organizations may secondarily grow"
~William James~

ism
09-09-2013, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Plz Answer Me

Who is "Him"???
Allah???
...yes!

Muslim Woman
09-12-2013, 05:57 AM

"Mr. Right won't distract you from your Lord.
If he distances you from Allah, he's Mr. Wrong."

-AbdulBary Yahya

Muslim Woman
09-12-2013, 05:57 AM

Al-Hasan Al-Basree:

“To endure short-lived difficulties that are followed by long lasting ease, is better than hurrying for a short-lived ease that is followed by ever-lasting hardship.”

Taabuu
09-12-2013, 06:30 AM
These quotes are soooo beautiful that touch people's heart:)

ism
09-12-2013, 11:42 PM
"Everytime your head touches the ground in prayer, remember it is to teach you to put down your ego."

Taabuu
09-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Knowledge is better than wealth. Knowledge guards you while you have to guard wealth. Wealth decreases by spending while knowledge increases by spending, and the results of wealth die as wealth decay. With it a man acquires obedience during his lifetime and a good name after his death. Knowledge is a ruler while wealth is ruled upon.

Acquire knowledge, because he who acquires it, in the way of the Lord, performs an act of piety; who speaks of it praises the Lord; who seeks it, adores God, who dispenses instruction in it, bestows alms; and who imparts it to its fitting objects, performs an act of devotion to God. Knowledge enables its possessor to distinguish what is forbidden from what is not; lights the way to Heaven; it is our friend in the desert, our companion in solitude, our companion, when bereft of friends; it guides us to happiness; it sustains us in misery; it is our ornament in the company of friends; it serves as an armour against our enemies. With knowledge, the creatures of Allah rise to the heights of goodness and to noble position, associates with the sovereigns in this world and attains the perfection of happiness in the next.

There are many educated people who have ruined their future on account of their ignorance of religion. Their knowledge did not prove of any avail to them.

A friend cannot be considered a friend unless he is tested on three occasions: in time of need, behind your back and after your death.

I wonder at the proud man who was just a drop of semen the other day and will turn into a corpse tomorrow. I wonder at the man who doubts existence of God although he sees His creations. I wonder at him who has forgotten death although he sees people dying. I wonder at him who denies the second life although he has seen the first life. I wonder at him who inhabits this transient abode but ignores the ever-lasting abode.

Taabuu
09-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Love needs no
proof, no
day to celebrate, no
cards to show your
love, all it needs a
hand to hold in
difficult times and
an ability to make your
loved one smile...:)

Taabuu
09-13-2013, 11:04 AM
“Keep away from prohibited things and you will be among the best of worshippers.”

Taabuu
09-13-2013, 11:34 AM
"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not
kind has no
faith."
~ Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Taabuu
09-13-2013, 12:14 PM
"If you fail in your exams, there is always a next year. If you lose your spouse, there can be a second marriage, but if you die, there is no second chance. This life is only one opportunity."

Taabuu
09-13-2013, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shaykha
We All Have To Leave This Temporary World One Day. No Soul Is Aware When It'll Be Their Turn. So Prepare, Repent And Pray Before Its Too Late!
Very good quotes, very inspiring.
Keep posting.

Taabuu
09-13-2013, 12:19 PM
"Knowledge does not refer to plenty of information;
rather, knowledge is a light that Allah puts into the heart of a true believer.":statisfie

Muslim Woman
09-14-2013, 05:40 AM

Ibn Mas'ud –(radiyallaahu 'anhu) – would advise his students, "If your intention is one of these three, do not seek knowledge: To shame the ignorant, or to argue with the Fuqahaa' (scholars), or to cause people to turn their faces in your direction. Intend with your actions and words that which is with Allaah, for indeed that which is with Allaah shall remain and everything else shall perish."

Taabuu
09-14-2013, 07:19 AM

Taabuu
09-14-2013, 08:22 AM
When you meet a wasteful immoderate person, you hear complaints, no matter how rich he is, he still complains. But when you meet even the poorest, but contented person, you hear only thanks.

Taabuu
09-15-2013, 10:34 AM

ism
09-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Du'as are very powerful; they are conversations between you and Allah.

ism
09-16-2013, 11:25 PM
When Allah is for you, what difference does it make who is against you?

Taabuu
09-17-2013, 09:46 AM
A friend cannot be considered a friend until he is tested in three occasions:
in times of need
behind your back

and after your death.

Taabuu
09-17-2013, 09:55 AM
There is a wise saying

"A smile can brighten the darkest day."

Muslim Woman
09-18-2013, 04:00 PM

“Some people have passed away, but their character has kept them alive, others are alive, but their character has killed them.”

[Imam Shafi (may Allah have mercy on him)]

Sir Fluffy
09-18-2013, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taabuu
There is a wise saying

"A smile can brighten the darkest day."
So can candles ;D

ism
09-18-2013, 09:57 PM
“Reflection is the lamp of the heart. If it departs, the heart will have no light.” Imam Al-Haddad

yahia12
09-19-2013, 08:28 AM
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?" Vince Lombardi

ism
09-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Trust is the most essential ingredient of love. When trust is betrayed and confidentiality compromised, love loses its soul.

Taabuu
09-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Patience can’t be acquired overnight. It is just like building up a muscle. Every day you need to work on it.

Taabuu
09-20-2013, 11:44 AM
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" - Nelson Mendela:sunny:

Muslim Woman
09-20-2013, 04:37 PM

When you're doing the right thing, don't expect everyone to be happy with it.
If Allah is pleased with your actions, you'll be pleased with the end result.

~AbdulBary Yahya

Muslim Woman
09-20-2013, 04:38 PM

Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab (radi Allah) would write to his governors during his caliphate and say:

“The most important of your affairs in my view is prayer; whoever prays regularly has protected his faith, but whoever neglects it, is bound to be more negligent in other issues of faith.”

(At-Taareeqah Al-Hakamiyah, p.240)

ism
09-20-2013, 06:12 PM
"The women are not a garment you wear and undress however you like. They are honored and have their rights." — Umar ibn al-Khattab

Halva
09-21-2013, 10:26 AM
“If anyone slays a person, it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.”

I included that above in a spoken word I did about Islam :statisfie, if you get a chance look it up "Islam translates to peace" on youtube

Peace be with you!

Halva

G8R
09-21-2013, 04:32 PM
“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Maya Angelou

Taabuu
09-28-2013, 09:05 AM

Like · · Share

glo
09-29-2013, 03:58 PM
This one brings tears to my eyes. Amen, amen, AMEN!!

“Kindness is a mark of faith, whoever is not; has no faith.”

― Muhammad (PBUH)

Taabuu
09-30-2013, 07:06 AM

Taabuu
09-30-2013, 07:13 AM

Taabuu
09-30-2013, 07:18 AM

ism
09-30-2013, 07:58 PM
If you are too concerned about what people think of you, you will forget what Allah wants from you.

ism
09-30-2013, 08:05 PM

...taken from the Twitter account of AwkwardMuslim

Taabuu
10-01-2013, 06:59 AM

Never lose hope - life gives you infinite chances!

Taabuu
10-01-2013, 09:21 AM

سيف الله
10-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Salaam

Not so beautiful, but gives a good insight into how colonialism works.

'I have travelled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen
one person who is a beggar, who is a thief such wealth I have seen
in this country, such high moral values, people of such caliber, that I
do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we
break the very backbone of this nation, which is her spiritual and
cultural heritage and therefore, I propose that we replace her
old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the Indians think
that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will
lose their self esteem, their native culture and they will become
what we want them, a truly dominated nation'.

Lord Macaulays address to the British Parliament on 2nd Feb 1835

Taabuu
10-02-2013, 07:05 AM

Taabuu
10-03-2013, 07:47 AM

Abu Zainab
10-03-2013, 02:30 PM
From the east that is :D

ism
10-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Whosoever gets involved in the work of Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala then Allah SubHanuhu wa Ta'ala gets involved in his work.

tw009
10-05-2013, 02:23 AM
Asking people brings humiliation, but asking from Allah brings glory. Crying for people is pain and crying for Allah is relief.

Taabuu
10-05-2013, 07:17 AM

:D

Muslim Woman
10-05-2013, 02:51 PM

‘Abdullah ibn Ahmad said, ‘I heard my father say when he was in prostration (sujud):

اللهم كما صنت وجهي عن السجود لغيرك, فصن وجهي عن المسألة لغيرك

‘O Allah, just as You have protected my face from prostrating to anything besides You, protect me from asking and begging of those besides You.’

[Matalib Uli-Nuhaa]

Muslim Woman
10-09-2013, 02:42 PM

Imam Ibn Qayyim al-Jauziyyah:

“Indeed, its days (ten days Dhul-Hijjah) are the most excellent of all the days with Allah.

(Zaad al-Ma'aad vol: 1, pp: 56)

سيف الله
10-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Salaam

Hope of Healing by Alice Walker

for Sundus Shaker Saleh, Iraqi Mother, with my love.

In our despair that justice is slow
we sit with heads bowed

wondering
how
even whether
we will ever be healed.

Perhaps it is a question
only the ravaged
the violated
seriously ask.
And is that not now
almost all of us?

But hope is on the way.

As usual Hope is a woman
herding her children
around her
all she retains of who
she was; as usual
except for her kids

she has lost almost everything.

Hope is a woman who has lost her fear.
Along with her home, her employment, her parents, her olive trees, her grapes. The peace of independence; the reassuring noises of ordinary
neighbors.

Hope rises, She always does,
did we fail to notice this in all the stories
they've tried to suppress?

Hope rises,
and she puts on her same
unfashionable threadbare coat
and, penniless, she flings herself
against the cold, polished, protective chain mail
of the very powerful
the very rich – chain mail that mimics
suspiciously silver coins
and lizard skin -
and all she has to fight with is the reality of what was done to her;
to her country; her people; her children;
her home.
All she has as armor is what she has learned
must never be done.
Not in the name of War
and especially never in the
name of Peace.

Hope is always the teacher
with the toughest homework.

Our assignment: to grasp
what has never been breathed in our stolen
Empire
on the hill:

Without justice, we will never
be healed.

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/news/alice-walker-s-poem-for-iraqi-mother-taking-george-w-bush-to-court-for-war-crimes

Taabuu
10-14-2013, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Wslm..

^Good point. But sometimes I see quotes, which are gems, but ahadith and Quranic ayats are so much better, so I get the urge to post them here. If that even makes sense :exhausted

'Do not let difficulties fill you with anxiety;
After all, it is only in the darkest nights that the stars shine more brightly.'

~Ali (RA)

nice thread.....

Sorrow makes a man old before his time.

Muslim Woman
10-18-2013, 03:57 AM

Our past may be spotted, but our future is still spotless!

Shaykh Sulaiman Moola

ceagr
10-19-2013, 08:03 AM
i agree

Muslim Woman
10-19-2013, 04:43 PM

There is nothing wrong with seeking forgiveness (by saying astaghfirullah) without restricting it to a set number of times for the purpose of repentance along with facilitation of marriage and wealth:

{ اسْتَغْفِرُوا رَبَّكُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ غَفَّارًا * يُرْسِلِ السَّمَاءَ عَلَيْكُمْ مِدْرَارًا * وَيُمْدِدْكُمْ بِأَمْوَالٍ وَبَنِينَ }
“Seek forgiveness of your Lord; Indeed, He is Oft-Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance; and give you increase in wealth and children.” [Nūḥ 71:10-12]

لا بأس بالاستغفار بلا عدد معين بقصد التوبة مع تيسير الزواج والمال(استغفروا ربكم إنه كان غفارا يرسل السماء عليكم مدرارا ويمددكم بأموال وبنين)

- Shaikh Abdul Aziz Al-Tarefe

sister herb
10-19-2013, 07:41 PM

Muslim Woman
10-21-2013, 04:40 PM

"When we suffer a loss, its the Almighty's way of drawing us closer to Him, yet we sometimes turn away from Him and lose much more."

--Mufti Ismail Menk

Muslim Woman
10-21-2013, 04:41 PM

When you put your trust in Allah, even the plots of your enemies can become a stepping stone for your path to paradise.

-AbdulBary Yahya

jameelash
10-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Words of Wisdom: One of the Salaf said: "I worshiped Allah for fifty years, and I didn't find the 'sweetness' of Ibadah (worship) until I did three things:*
a. I abandoned pleasing people; and worked on speaking with the truth.*
b. I abandoned bad company and friends; and found good friends instead.
c. I abandoned chasing after the beauties of this life and worked on acquiring the beauty of the next life.

May Allah make us among those who would seek the next life,Ameen

ceagr
10-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Once the spring to the old roots, flowers were dead two somehow.
Still waters run deep, Cang Sheng Tage; Sansei wanes, once joys and sorrows.
Lights the stars, voice Yao Yao, song endless chaos flames.
Flowery Meijuan, Homecoming, got back to the past, did not return.
Dark clouds cover month, absolutely deserted track, say such a lonely.
This time I leave you, the wind, the rain, at night; your smile, I put a waved, a lonely road will show up to two.
Not the old days, the situation is difficult to break. Heart like double screen, there are thousands of guitar.
This non-stars like last night, for whom wind Lu Li Zhong Xiao.
Years of life and death, do not consider, since the memorable, Trinidad solitary graves, Nowhere bleak.
Beautiful butterfly, butterfly fly, but the sea eventually.
And finally as a misty rain that covered the world, after Xie Ronghua, but a, mountains and rivers forever silence.
Elegance is a mean flow of sand, old is a Love.

glo
10-25-2013, 06:28 PM
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
- Winston Churchill

Taabuu
10-26-2013, 06:55 AM

Taabuu
10-28-2013, 09:45 AM

Taabuu
10-28-2013, 09:52 AM
“Man in The early times was almost naked, and as his intellect evolved he started wearing clothes. What I am today and what I’m wearing represents the highest level of thought and civilization that man has achieved, and is not regressive. It’s the removal of clothes again that is regressive back to ancient TIMES.” -Tawakkul Karman-

Muslim Woman
10-28-2013, 03:49 PM

The bigger the problem, the greater the lessons.
The more patience that is required, the greater the reward.

-AbdulBary Yahya

Muslim Woman
10-28-2013, 03:49 PM

Ibn Al-Qayyim has a powerful statement:

"Sins need to be eradicated through the internal fire of regret in this life or the fire of hell in the hereafter.

ardianto
10-28-2013, 04:08 PM
"The smart is one who always feel stupid"

"Those who can relate to The Purest (Allah swt) are those who always purify themselves"

"The happy people are those who know their hometown"

"When my house knocked by poverty, I open the window and jumped out"

"The real friends are those who tell the truth, not those who justify your words"

"If living is just living, hogs in the forest are living too. If working is just working, apes are working too"

Haji Abdul Malik Karim Amrullah (HAMKA)

ardianto
10-28-2013, 04:20 PM
"Compassion and tolerance is identity card of Muslim"

"Learning and teaching the Qur'an is like one beggar telling another beggar where to get food"

"We do not inherit the sins of anyone, and there is no one who will inherit our sins"

"We can measure our similarity with the Prophet by seeing our sensitivity to the suffering of others"

"A father's greatest legacy is to make his family as role model"

Kyai Haji Ahmad Dahlan (founder of Muhammadiyah Indonesia)

Taabuu
10-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Anger begins with madness and ends with regret.

Taabuu
10-29-2013, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sir Fluffy
So can candles ;D
lol!!!!

Taabuu
10-29-2013, 08:50 AM
"Worship and obediance illuminate the heart and make it strong and steadfast, until it becomes like a clear mirror, shinning with light. When Shaytan draws close, he is struck by its light like those who try eavesdrop (in the heavens) are struck by the shooting stars, and Shaytan flees from his heart with more terror than a wolf feeing from a lion."

Taabuu
10-29-2013, 08:53 AM
"The planning of The Almighty (Allah) is better for you than your own planning, and He could deprive you from what you ask to test your patience. So let Him see from you a determined patience and you will soon see from Him what will give you joy. And when you have cleaned the paths of answering (of supplication) from the stains of sin and was patient about what He has chosen for you, then every thing that happens to you is better for you whether you were given or deprived of what you have requested."

glo
10-29-2013, 09:11 PM
"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace."

~Carlos Santana

Muslim Woman
10-31-2013, 01:00 AM

Shaykh Ibn Baz (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Islam is our one and only homeland. Islam is our life and soul and we can not dispense with it. Islam is our best provision without which food and drink are of no value. For us, Islam is every thing in this vast universe.

- Majmoo Al Fatawa Al Shaykh Ibn Baz (6/255)

Muslim Woman
10-31-2013, 01:01 AM

Whenever the sincerity of the slave of Allaah strengthens, his worship becomes more complete.

Ibn Taymeeyah – ‘al-Fatawa’ 10/198

Taabuu
10-31-2013, 09:05 AM

Anything & everything belongs to Allah , let's never forget this.:sunny:

Muslim Woman
10-31-2013, 04:32 PM

Allah, the Most High, says:
“He is Most Forgiving, Most Appreciative.” [Surat Al Fatir: 30]

“For every step you walk towards Him; every word that you say to please Him; and every good intention that you conceal within your chest, He will show appreciation to you for that…and there is nothing else like His appreciation.”

– Shaikh Abdullah Balqasem

Taabuu
11-01-2013, 02:34 PM
""love always hurtz""

Taabuu
11-01-2013, 02:40 PM

Muslim Woman
11-01-2013, 03:43 PM

Breathe the air deeply into your lungs and say: "Praise be to Allah that I am well."

Convince yourself that today is better than yesterday and tomorrow will be even better. Be optimistic and you will find the good in things.

- Dr. Salman Al-Oadah

Taabuu
11-02-2013, 08:33 AM

Taabuu
11-02-2013, 08:35 AM

Taabuu
11-02-2013, 09:22 AM

B

beatiful

BEAUTIFUL THINGS HAPPEN IN YOUR LIFE. WHEN YOU DISTANCE YOURSELF FROM ALL THE NEGATIVE THINGS

Taabuu
11-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Acquire knowledge: it enables its possessor to distinguish right from wrong, it lights the way to heaven, it is our friend in the desert, our society in solitude, our companion when friendless, it guides us to happiness, it sustains us in misery, it is an ornament among friends and an armour against enemies........

glo
11-02-2013, 01:33 PM
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness:
only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate:
only love can do that.”

~ Martin Luther King Jr ~

Muslim Woman
11-04-2013, 04:21 PM

I accustomed myself whenever I lose something valuable, to think about its negatives, and then realise that Allah chose what is best for me.

-Dr. Salman Al Oadah

Muslim Woman
11-06-2013, 04:35 PM

Ya'qoub ('alayhissalam) lost three things combined and they were: Yusuf, the brother of Yusuf and his eyes, but Allah returned them to him because of three things: his trust, his optimism and his patience.

"No one despairs of relief from Allah except the disbelieving people." (12:87)

--Shaikh Sa'ud al-Shuraim

AnotherAbdullah
11-07-2013, 02:18 AM
There's a video of Muhammad Ali talking about God as his "bodyguard"... Absolutely beautiful.

Muslim Woman
11-07-2013, 04:12 PM

"Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit."

- Ibnul Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him).

Muslim Woman
11-08-2013, 04:55 PM

“It is better to lose something for the Almighty than to lose the Almighty for something.”
Mufti Ismail Menk
-

Shaykha
11-09-2013, 02:52 AM
"When You Let Go Of Something That Is Beloved To You, Have Faith In Allah That He Will Replace It With Something Better"

Muslim Woman
11-10-2013, 04:38 PM

There is no rest for the person who has envy and there is no love for the person who has bad manners."

- Ali ibn Abi Talib (may Allah be pleased with him).

Muslim Woman
11-10-2013, 04:39 PM

The greatest act of worship is humility before Allah in seclusion.

-Abdul Aziz Al Tarefe

glo
11-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Before you speak, let your words pass through 3 gates.
⇨ At the First gate, ask yourself, "Is it true?"
⇨ At the Second ask, "Is it necessary?"
⇨ At the Third gate ask, "Is it kind?
"

--- Mawlana Jalaluddin Rumi

Taabuu
11-11-2013, 08:35 AM

Taabuu
11-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Heart touched quotes

tw009
11-11-2013, 09:29 PM
If you want to live at peace with yourself, apologize often, and give without expectation.- Yasmin Mogahed

Taabuu
11-12-2013, 05:07 AM
╰ღ╮╭ღ╯www.lifelovequotesandsayings.com

Muslimah1418
11-12-2013, 07:39 AM
"God does not regard ur externals or ur riches but rather ur hearts and ur deeds" -Prophet Muhamed(S.A.W)

Taabuu
11-12-2013, 10:00 AM

Taabuu
11-12-2013, 10:12 AM
How many blind people would pay anything to be able to read the Qur’an,
how many deaf people would pay anything to be able hear the Azan,
… You see; we’re very rich,

but just not grateful… “

“And few of My servants are grateful.”
[Quran 34:13]

Taabuu
11-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Life is like a party. :)
You invite a Lot of people, Some Leave early, Some stay, Some Laugh with you, Some didn’t come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would stay and help clean up the mess with you. And most of the Time, Those were The ones who didn’t even make the mess

Taabuu
11-12-2013, 10:24 AM
[image removed by moderator]

“A smile is the lighting system of the face, a cooling system of the head and a heating system of the heart.” !!

Have you given your nice smile today to the people around you ??

Taabuu
11-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Hope...ups & down, unexpected results & problems are part of life. Never lose hope in any condition because the darkness of night always finishes with light of day.

Taabuu
11-12-2013, 11:06 AM
In this thread i want to highlight the importance of smile:smile: as we
all know it is sadqah to smile, it's on going charity.

lets first smile.

We all know THE importance of smile but some time we forget it .
We behave rudely with ppl because of our personal life matters
When some one says salaam to us, we FAIL to answer them back
with a smile
Our lives are becoming congested because we have imposed so many things on us
and making our lives burden and forgetting to smile

lets promise our selves to smile at every one

lets spread peace and love

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) also said: “Do not abuse anyone…Do not look down upon any good work, and when you speak to your brother, show him a cheerful face.” - Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1889

Taabuu
11-12-2013, 11:09 AM

Have Joyful Day

Let us Spread the Peace & Love with all of Us..!!!

Taabuu
11-12-2013, 11:21 AM

Thank you Muslimah1418 for liking my post.
REMEMBER TO SMILE ALWAYS:)

Muslimah1418
11-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Yes I love to smile! Smile makes everyone beautiful more thn tht its a Sunnah! Thnks for sharing such beautiful quotes... :)

Abu Zainab
11-12-2013, 12:26 PM
… You see; we’re very rich, but just not grateful… “

“And few of My servants are grateful.”
اللهم لك الحمد والشكر - عدد خلقك ورضا نفسك وزنة عرشك و مداد كلماتك

(Allaahumma lakal 7amdu wash-shukr - 3dada khalqik wa ridha nafsik wa zinata 3rshik wa midada kalimaatik) ---> 7 = ح and 3 = ع and dh = ض

"O Allaah to You be praise and thanks - as much as the number of your creation and as much as your satisfaction and as much as the beauty of your throne and as much as the number of your words"

I hope I translated it correctly - but I hope its understandable. If someone has a better translation please post it.

Muslim Woman
11-12-2013, 04:25 PM

Abu Dardaa (radiyallaahu-anhu) said:

”Supplicate to Allaah in your times of ease and He will answer your supplication in your times of difficulty.” A man said to him: ”Advise me.” So he said to him: ”Remember Allaah in times of ease and He (The Mighty and Majestic) will remember you when you are in difficulty.”

[Jaami-ul Uloom Wal-Hikam: page:203]

Taabuu
11-13-2013, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah1418
Yes I love to smile! Smile makes everyone beautiful more thn tht its a Sunnah! Thnks for sharing such beautiful quotes... :)
So keep smiling, your smile can make some's day

Our smile reflect our personality and behaviour
Smile is a remedy for tensions and frustrations

Taabuu
11-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Even in hard times the longest day is only 24 hours. Everything passes, nothing stays. Have faith & keep walking, knowing Allah is with you.

Muslimah1418
11-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Jazakhallah Khyr sister! :)

Taabuu
11-14-2013, 06:30 AM

Taabuu
11-14-2013, 08:18 AM

All humans are dead except those who have knowledge; and all those
who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds; and
those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere;
and those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.

Taabuu
11-14-2013, 08:22 AM
I would like to share with all that there are many Islamic quotes that we can use as your guide to lead your life.
So,have a look...........

1. Ali ibn Abbi Talib (RA):

"A friend cannot be considered as friends until he is tested in three occasions; in time of need, behind your back and until after your death."

2. Abu Hamid Al Ghazali((RH):

"Does money upset the hearts of learned men? He answered, "men whose hearts are changed by money are not learned".

3. Imam Shafi(RH):
"All humans are dead except those who have knowledge; and all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds; and those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere; and those who are sincere are always in a state of worry."

4.Salman Ibn Dinar(RA):

"What you love to have with you in the Hereafter you should advance today, and what you hate to have with you, you should abandon today."

5. Hazrat Umar(RA):

"I looked at all friends, and did not find a better friend than safeguarding the tongue. I thought about all dresses, but did not find a better dress than piety. I thought about all types of wealth, but did not find a better wealth than contentment in little. I thought of all types of good deeds, but did not find a better deed than offering good advice. I looked at all types of sustenance, but did not find a better sustenance than patience."

Muslim Woman
11-14-2013, 04:23 PM

Remember, knowledge is better than wealth, because it guards you, while you have to guard wealth. Wealth decreases if you spend it, but the more you make use of knowledge, the more it increases. What you get through wealth is gone when the wealth is gone, but what you achieve through knowledge will remain even after you are gone.

- Ali ibn Abi Talib

Taabuu
11-15-2013, 05:44 AM

Muslim Woman
11-15-2013, 04:02 PM

"A sincere lover of Allah Ta’ala is not satisfied with the slightest of sins." -

Shaykh Yunus Patel (Raheemahullah)

Taabuu
11-16-2013, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
Life changes in a second, Thank Allah yours didn't !

Every second.. Someone somewhere took his last breath, Thank Allah it wasn't you !

Every second.. Someone somewhere must have lost his father, Thank Allah it wasn't you !

Every second.. Someone somewhere must have bid farewell to his mom, Thank Allah it wasn't you !

Every second.. Someone somewhere must have been inflicted with a disease, Thank Allah it wasn't you !

Every second.. Someone somewhere must have met with an accident, Thank Allah it wasn't you!

Every second.. Someone somewhere must have been tested with patience, Thank Allah it wasn't you!

And which of the favours of Allah will you deny? [Surah Rahman]

ism
11-17-2013, 01:42 AM
.. from Twitter of AwkwardMuslim

Taabuu
11-20-2013, 07:32 AM

Scimitar
11-20-2013, 04:14 PM
"In the Kingdom of the Blinde, the ONE EYED will be King" - Erasmus Desiderius (1466 - 1536)

Taabuu
11-21-2013, 11:30 AM

ism
11-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Frequently remember death for it is a destroyer of pleasure

Taabuu
11-23-2013, 03:28 PM

Taabuu
11-25-2013, 06:15 AM

Taabuu
11-25-2013, 06:19 AM

tw009
11-26-2013, 06:33 AM
Get on your knees and pray, then get on your feet and work.
-Gordon B. Hinckley

Taabuu
11-26-2013, 10:23 AM

tw009
11-27-2013, 01:36 AM
“A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes” - Mark Twain

Muslim Woman
11-28-2013, 04:25 AM

It was said to Imam Ahmad (may Allah have mercy on him):

‘May Allah reward you for the good you have (done) for Islam.’

He said:

‘RATHER, ALLAH HAS (DONE) GOOD FOR ME THROUGH ISLAM. WHO AM I, AND WHAT AM I?’”

- Quoted by Imam Dhahabi in As-siyar a'lam an-nubala (11/225)

Taabuu
11-28-2013, 05:14 AM

Taabuu
11-30-2013, 07:49 AM
Keep your words positive, because your words become your actions.
* Keep your actions positive, because your actions become your habits.
* Keep your habits positive, because your habits become your lifestyle.
* Keep your lifestyle positive, because your lifestyle becomes your destiny.

Taabuu
12-04-2013, 05:16 AM

Keep Sharing, so deep.

Taabuu
12-04-2013, 11:01 AM

Taabuu
12-04-2013, 04:01 PM
“Be more concerned with your CHARACTER than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”:hmm:
[a quote]

Muslim Woman
12-04-2013, 04:06 PM

Ibn Rajab (rahimahullaah) said:

"The winter is the believers spring, where he walks around in the garden of obedience. The days are short and cold so that one can fast easily and the nights are long so that one can sleep well and pray the night prayer as well."

(Lata'if-ul-Ma'arif, p. 435)

Taabuu
12-04-2013, 04:16 PM
“Some people have passed away, but their character has kept them alive, others are alive, but their character has killed them.”

[Imam Shafi (may Allah have mercy on him)]

Taabuu
12-04-2013, 04:23 PM
"Gossips :omg:are worse than thieves because they steal another person's dignity, honor, reputation and credibility which are impossible to restore. So remember this: when your feet slip, you can always recover your balance; but when your tongue slips, you cannot recover your words." ~

Muslim Woman
12-05-2013, 04:13 PM

AbdulBary Yahya:

"Try to solve a problem while you're angry...
And you'll come up with a solution you'll greatly regret!"

Taabuu
12-06-2013, 10:29 AM

Taabuu
12-06-2013, 11:09 AM

glo
12-06-2013, 01:34 PM
"If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner."

- Nelson Mandela

Muslim Woman
12-07-2013, 04:14 PM

Ibn al-Qayyim -rahimahullaah- said:

"Al-`Ujb (conceit, pride) destroys the (righteous) deed the way al-Riyaa (showing off) destroys it."

[Madaarij al-Salikeen (1/515)]

Muslim Woman
12-10-2013, 01:47 PM

'If you truly believe in Allah then you should be patient when Allah disciplines you, because He will never let you down, He just brings to you some hardships so that you get to know Him and come back to Him more, you get to obey Him more, and you get to repent to Him more.'

~Dr. Muhammad Rateb Al-Nabulsi

Muslim Woman
12-11-2013, 04:12 PM

Muawiyah bin Qurra said: The crying of the heart is better than the crying of the eyes.

Insaanah
12-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Good, better, best
Never let it rest
'Til your good is better
And your better's best

Muslim Woman
12-16-2013, 04:52 PM

One of the salaf (early generation) said: "A person may commit a sin and enter Paradise because of it, or he may do a righteous deed and enter Hell because of it. They said: How is that?

He said: He commits a sin then keeps thinking of it, and when he remembers that he regrets it, feels sorry, beseeches Allah, hastens to erase it and feels brokenhearted and humble before his Lord, and that removes self admiration and pride from him. Or he may do a good deed then keep thinking of it, talking about it, feeling proud of it and feeling arrogant because of it, until he enters Hell.”

End quote from Tareeq al-Hijratayn, p. 169-172

Periwinkle18
12-23-2013, 05:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
For I am like incense. The more you burn me, the more fragrant I become.

~Imam Al-Shafi
can someone explain this?

muslimah bird
12-23-2013, 07:32 AM
“Keep away from prohibited things and you will be among the best of worshippers.”“Renounce pleasure in worldly things and Allah will have his acceptance on you.” “Show disinterest in what people have and people will love you.”

Abu Zainab
12-23-2013, 07:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Originally Posted by Ghazalah
For I am like incense. The more you burn me, the more fragrant I become.

~Imam Al-Shafi
can someone explain this?
Like all great people the imam had a few adversaries of his own. I think what he means by this is no matter what they say or do to belittle him he would become more humble and softer in speech.

Periwinkle18
12-23-2013, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zainab

Like all great people the imam had a few adversaries of his own. I think what he means by this is no matter what they say or do to belittle him he would become more humble and softer in speech.
ahh I get it jazakAllah its like no matter how badly u treat me n no matter what you say tht wont have an affect on me i'll try to be better and nicer no matter what.

wow thts amazing I need to be like tht!!

Muslim Woman
12-23-2013, 03:04 PM

“Be grateful no matter what the calamities are. Remember, miracles can happen in seconds, only when Allah wills it. It can happen today, maybe tomorrow and maybe it will happen some other day. Allah says: give the glad tidings to the patients. So, be among the patient and help is just round the corner!”

–Shaikh Assim AlHakeem

Muslim Woman
12-27-2013, 01:30 PM

A good word is not the same as a foul word, except that both reveal a lot about the speaker’s character, upbringing, and taste.

-Dr. Salman Al-Oadah

Muslim Woman
12-28-2013, 01:38 PM

Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala says:

“So compete in good deeds. The return of you (all) is to Allaah; then He will inform you about that in which you used to differ”
[Al Maidah 5:48].

Hasan Al Basri rahimahullah said:

"Whoever competes with you in religious commitment, compete with him, and whoever competes with you in worldly matters, give it up to him".

[Ihya Uloom Deen 4/369]

Muslim Woman
12-29-2013, 04:10 PM

[And Luqman said], "O my son, indeed if wrong should be the weight of a mustard seed and should be within a rock or [anywhere] in the heavens or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. Indeed, Allah is Subtle and Well-Aware."

[Al Qur’an 31:16]

Muslim Woman
12-30-2013, 03:38 PM

6 Advices from Luqman Al-Hakim *

❶ Be Grateful to Allah,

❷ Peform Prayers,

❸ Be dutiful and good to our parents,

❹ Do not associate anything with Allah,

❺ Promote what is good and Forbid what is wrong,

❻ Walk and talk in humility.

҈[Surah Luqman 31: 12-19]

BeTheChange
12-30-2013, 08:17 PM
It's always lovely and inspirational to read talks.

Hard to implement the words in daily life. Takes a lot of struggle and effort.

May Allah swa help us all in our quest. Ameen

Muslim Woman
01-01-2014, 03:42 PM

Ibn-ul-Qayyim (rahimahullah) :

❝ The year is like a tree, months are its branches, days are the branch sticks, hours are its leaves, and the breaths are its fruits. Therefore, if one's breaths are in obedience [to Allah and His Messenger], the fruits of his tree are good. If they are in disobedience, his fruits are bitter. The harvest is on the Appointed Day, when one's fruits are found out to be either good or bitter.❞

jameelash
01-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Salam very good quote sister

Muslim Woman
01-02-2014, 06:04 AM

A sheep is more alert than man.

On hearing the call of the shepherd it stops grazing while man ignores the call of Allah for the sake of his desires."

- Hasan Basri

Muslim Woman
01-02-2014, 01:18 PM

Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (radi Allahu 'anhu) said:

"Fear Allah, for whoever fears Him will never feel lonely."

(Taqwa: The Provision of Believers, pg. 14)

"The one who is not afflicted with sadness and grief should fear being from the people of the Fire because (Allah says in the Qur'an that) the people of Paradise will say: •►"Praise be to Allah Who removed from us sadness..." [Surah al-Fatir, 45:34]

- Ibrahim al-Taymi

muslimah bird
01-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Be gentle; indeed there is nothing that has gentleness in it except that it beautifies it and it is not taken away from anything except that it defaces/disfigures it."—The Messenger of Allaah, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam. Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah of Shaykh Al-Albaani, no. 524.

Muslim Woman
01-04-2014, 08:15 AM

muslimah bird
01-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Ibn Taymiyyah quoteThe more the servant loves his Master, the less he will love other objects and they will decrease in number. The less the servant loves his Master, the more he will love other objects and they will increase in number. (Majmoo-ul-Fataawaa, 1/94)

muslimah bird
01-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Trials and tribulation are feeling the heat and the cold, when one knows that they cannot be avoided, he will not feel anger at their onset, nor will he be distressed of disheartened. (Ibn al-Qayyim, al-Madaarij 3/289) The perfection of Tawheed is found when there remains nothing in the heart except Allaah, the servant is left loving those He loves and What He loves, hating those He hates and what He hates, showing allegiance to those He has allegiance to, showing enmity towards those He shows enmity towards, ordering what He orders and prohibiting what He prohibits. (Ibn al-Qayyim, al-Madaarij 3/485)

Muslim Woman
01-04-2014, 04:06 PM

Wishing someone to lose a blessing because you are envious of them is a sign that you do not know your Rabb at all! He is ar-Razzaaq, He provides for all the creatures of the heavens and the earth day and night. So why wish for something petty that belongs to someone else? Ultimately, even if they lose that blessing, you will never get any peace from it - because peace does not stem from envy.

Raise your standards HIGHER and ask Him for anything and everything beyond your wildest imaginations! You will never worry about what others have or don't have anymore!

-Tawfique Chaudhry

Shaykha
01-05-2014, 02:20 AM
"Only In Jannah You Will Find Eternal Happiness :)"

Muslim Woman
01-05-2014, 04:10 PM

'Whoever turns his heart to Allah, Allah responds by turning the people’s hearts towards him.'' ♥

-- Ibn Rajab al Hanbali (may Allah be pleased with him)

"By Allah, I don't fear my past sins,
since I have sincerely repented to Allah
and Allah loves to forgive.
However, what I truly fear is that
in the future this heart of mine
will cease to rule by this Quran and this revelation."

- Imam Ibnul-Qayyium in an-Nooniyyah

Muslim Woman
01-06-2014, 04:15 PM

If sins had a smell, no one would've been able to sit next to us :'|

A L H A M D U L I L A H for His Mercy

The best prescribed : Istighfar Istighfar & lots of Istighfar!

JordanLA
01-07-2014, 11:35 AM
It's not the load that breaks you down, It's the way you carry it

Muslim Woman
01-07-2014, 03:16 PM

Every hour has it's own value. Every minute is precious. Every second is irreplaceable. Thank Allah for the time you have, be it little. If you thank Allah for something, He will surely increase it in its blessings.

Samiun
01-07-2014, 06:51 PM
An arab poet once said: "The slow cautious person will achieve part of his goals, While the impetuous hasty one will often fail"[Don't be Sad pg. 281]

Muslim Woman
01-08-2014, 08:37 AM

Boxing legend, Muhammad Ali, once said,
"I don't smoke but I keep a matchbox in my pocket, when my heart slips towards SIN, I burn the matchstick & heat my palm with it, than say to myself, "Ali you can't even bear this heat, how would you bear the unbearable heat of hellfire?"

Muslim Woman
01-09-2014, 03:44 PM

Shaykh ibn Baz (may Allah have mercy on him) requested:

O Servant of Allah! You should shun laziness and seclusion. You have to convey Allah’s Command to His Servants.

You also have to advise those that you can, anywhere you can. You should advise the leader, scholar, judge, and authorities in your village, town, tribe, and everywhere you can; you should contact people in a good manner and advise and direct them to the good in the best ways.

Cooperate with them in righteousness and piety through sermons and reminders, using good words, gently and not aggressively.

- Majmoo al Fatawa al Shaykh ibn Baz (7/223)

BeTheChange
01-09-2014, 08:59 PM
It's really important reading inspirational words.

Sometimes that's all we need to comfort our souls, minds and body but it's also important to implement these powerful statements in our life.

May Allah swa give us all the correct mindset to follow all good advice Ameen

Muslim Woman
01-10-2014, 03:37 PM

When Mu'adh (may Allah be pleased with him) was about to die, he advised those who were around him to seek knowledge saying:

إن العلم والإيمان مكانهما من ابتغاهما وجدهما

"Knowledge and faith are preserved and whoever seeks them, will find them"

- Al-Isti'ab fi ma'rifat al-ashab (3/1228)

glo
01-12-2014, 05:43 PM
“Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.”

Oscar Wilde

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.