/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gems Beautiful Quotes, Proverbs, Sayings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

tw009
01-12-2014, 10:20 PM
"Do not raise your children to provide for you. Raise them to worship Allah. And provisions will always come." -Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
01-13-2014, 07:01 AM
Mark Twain — 'Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.'

Muslim Woman
01-16-2014, 04:12 PM
:sl:

It should be noted that religion is all character. Whoever excels over you in character will excel over you in religious commitment."

- Imam Al-Fairouz Abadi.

"A day that begins with Fajr has already begun on the right note. Indeed praying fajr makes our inner soul feel the effect of its barakah throughout the day. No matter what happens in the day, the thought "I prayed Fajr today" conquers all moods!

Strive your utmost for this beautiful barakah-filled blessing of Allah. You snooze, you lose!"

- Shaykh Tawfique Chowdhury.

Muslim Woman
01-18-2014, 03:26 PM

“Happiness is attained by three things: being patient when tested, being thankful when receiving a blessing, and being repentant upon sinning.”

~ Imam Ibn al-Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
01-19-2014, 10:54 PM
'Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.'
- Benjamin Franklin

Muslim Woman
01-20-2014, 06:49 AM

A man said, O Messenger of Allah, is there any kindness left that I can do to my parents after their death?

He (peace be upon him) replied: Yes, you can invoke blessings on them, ask for forgiveness for them, carry out their final wills after their death, honor their friends, and join the ties of relationships which are dependent on them.

- Abu Dawud, Book on manners, no. 5142; and Ibn Majah, Book on manners, no. 3664.

glo
01-22-2014, 07:24 AM
Be kind to unkind people. They need it the most.

~ Nicky Gumbel

Wynter
01-22-2014, 10:12 AM
“You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, or who had ever been alive.”*
― James Baldwin

Muslim Woman
01-23-2014, 04:48 PM

Sufyān al-Thawrī said:

"And beware of showing hypocritical piety — piety that you do not really feel, and beware of showing piety on your face when you do not feel it in your heart."

(Hilyatul-Auliyaa, by Abu Na’eem al-Asbahaanee 7/48)

Chocolate
01-23-2014, 06:00 PM
Everyone can be gentle to a rich man but, it takes a gentle man to be gentle to a poor man
(self made)

never judge a book by it's cover

Make hay when the sun shines

Three things in life once never comes back......... TIME OPPORTINITY and WORDS
Three things in life must not be lost................... PEACE HOPE and HONESTY

A good name is better than riches.

True success isn't continuous winning, it means to stand up after every fall and move on...............

caveman132
01-24-2014, 06:02 AM
Let your brain be the car and your heart be the driver and Allah your insurance company-my uncle

caveman132
01-24-2014, 06:03 AM
pride is not the opposite of shame, but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame-General Iro

Muslim Woman
01-25-2014, 04:55 PM

Ibn Al-Qayyim writes

“Religion is in its entirety good character, so the one who exceeds you in character , has exceeded you in religion.”

["Madarij Al-Salikeen", 2/307].

Wynter
01-25-2014, 05:26 PM
“Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.”*
― James Baldwin

Muslim Woman
01-26-2014, 04:04 PM

The morning and evening adhkar (Words of remembrance) play the role of a shield; the thicker it is the more its owner will not be affected.

Rather, its strength can reach to such an extent that the arrow shot at it will bounce back to affect the one who shot it."

- Ibn Al Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him)

“Repent, correct and improve daily. Even computer operating systems need cleaning, updating and upgrades to run smoothly”

- Abdulbary Yahya

No one can prevent Allah from giving you what He wants to, and no one can give you what He wants to withhold.

-Omar Suleiman

InToTheRain
01-27-2014, 10:08 PM

"This life is but a dream from which you wake after death" Ali Ibn Abu Talib(RA)

Wynter
01-29-2014, 02:54 PM
"Maybe we should develop a Crayola bomb as our next secret weapon. A happiness weapon. A beauty bomb. And every time a crisis developed, we would launch one. It would explode high in the air - explode softly - and send thousands, millions, of little parachutes into the air. Floating down to earth - boxes of Crayolas. And we wouldn't go cheap, either - not little boxes of eight. Boxes of sixty-four, with the sharpener built right in. With silver and gold and copper, magenta and peach and lime, amber and umber and all the rest. And people would smile and get a little funny look on their faces and cover the world with imagination."

Robert Fulghum

InToTheRain
01-29-2014, 04:55 PM
"Do not judge the Truth by the man, but the man by the Truth" Ali Ibn Abu Talib(RA)

Muslim Woman
02-02-2014, 06:29 AM

“Learn the Arabic language; it will sharpen your wisdom.”

-Umar bin al khattab (RA)

Muslim Woman
02-02-2014, 06:29 AM

“Learn the Arabic language; it will sharpen your wisdom.”

-Umar bin al khattab (RA)

G8R
02-03-2014, 04:19 AM
“If you can't you must, and if you must you can.”
― Anthony Robbins

Muslim Woman
02-03-2014, 06:46 AM

Your Remedy is within you, but you do not sense it.
Your Sickness is from you, but you do not perceive it.

You Presume you are a small entity,
But within you is enfolded the entire universe.

You are indeed the evident book,
By whose alphabet the hidden becomes the manifest.
Therefore, you have no need to look beyond yourself,
What you seek is within you,
If only you reflect.

- Ali ibn abu Talib (RA)

Taabuu
02-03-2014, 07:59 AM

Taabuu
02-03-2014, 08:09 AM

Taabuu
02-03-2014, 08:43 AM
The truth always has a way of finding itself no matter how many lies are told to try and cover it up..

Taabuu
02-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Trials make you grow, grow to be a better person by testing your patience and tolerance. Trials make you stronger, give you courage to push yourself further. Trials teach you never to give up and give you hope.
Most importantly Trials remind you of Allah, to bring you closer to Allah and that bond is makes the trials worthwhile.

Taabuu
02-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Tomorrow is never promised so engage yourselves in good actions and good deeds, make use of time effectively,surround yourselves with good people,forgive those that have hurt you and appreciate the ones that love you:-)

Taabuu
02-05-2014, 09:39 AM

Taabuu
02-05-2014, 09:53 AM

Muslim Woman
02-05-2014, 03:53 PM

Imam Sufyaan ath-Thawri advised:►

“Be patient at all times and in all places, for patience leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to paradise. Do not become angry and furious, for those two emotions lead to wickedness, and wickedness leads to the Hellfire.”

Ibn Mubarak: "One is learned as long as he seeks knowledge, as soon as he thinks himself a scholar, he become ignorant"

[al-Mujaalasah p. 56]

Muslim Woman
02-05-2014, 03:53 PM

Imam Sufyaan ath-Thawri advised:►

“Be patient at all times and in all places, for patience leads to righteousness, and righteousness leads to paradise. Do not become angry and furious, for those two emotions lead to wickedness, and wickedness leads to the Hellfire.”

Taabuu
02-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Don't trust too much. Don't love too much. Don't hope too much, because that too much can hurt you so much.:cry:

Taabuu
02-12-2014, 02:39 PM
There are many pieces that make up our lives: Moments that break us. Moments that raise and shape us. Decisions we make to hold on. Or let go. People who enter our lives and leave us changed forever. The ones we love, the ones that hurt us, or heal us, or leave us. Sometimes we don't understand these pieces—or even despair over them. It’s only when time goes by and we look back, that we suddenly can see our whole life like a perfectly designed puzzle.
Don’t be afraid of the puzzle piece you’re in now. It will fit perfectly…just like the rest. How could it not? The Designer is perfect.

- Yasmin Mogahed

Taabuu
02-13-2014, 07:34 AM

Taabuu
02-13-2014, 07:53 AM
"Two things define you: Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything."

Taabuu
02-13-2014, 12:18 PM
Always love your mother, cause you never get another!

Taabuu
02-13-2014, 12:47 PM
"Gossips are worse than thieves because they steal another person's dignity, honor, reputation and credibility which are impossible to restore. So remember this: when your feet slip, you can always recover your balance; but when your tongue slips, you cannot recover your words." ~ Unknown.

Taabuu
02-24-2014, 02:37 PM
Friendship is not only because of feelings or what we have but because of understanding, sharing and caring. friendship does not think distance, age or even colour. friendship is not just playing or chatting with each other. but friendship is hearing each others voice from the heart. A friend is a gift from God. someone who will cares as much as i do.

Taabuu
03-27-2014, 06:40 AM
Beautiful Quotes, Sayings and Proverbs

Maia
04-03-2014, 05:56 AM
"And you would accept the seasons of your heart just as you have always accepted that seasons pass over your fields and you would watch with serenity through the winters of your grief." — Kahlil Gibran

Muslim Woman
04-25-2014, 05:36 AM

It was said to Hasan Al-Basri: "Shouldn't one of us feel too shy to ask his Lord to forgive his sin, then do it again, then ask for forgiveness, then do it again?"

He said: "The Shaytaan wishes that you would have this attitude, so do not tire of asking for forgiveness".

["Jaami al-Ulum wal-Hukam", 1/165].

"Seek happiness in one of three things:
✓ in the recitation of the Qur’an,
✓ in the remembrance of Allah and
✓ in Prayer.
If you do not find happiness in one of these matters, then know that the door to happiness has been shut for you.”

~ Hasan Al-Basri (rahimahullah)

Muslim Woman
04-25-2014, 06:07 AM

When you realise that u cann't have everything

Muslim Woman
04-26-2014, 07:02 AM

Always remember

Muslim Woman
04-29-2014, 08:50 AM

Shaytan tries to split the ummah by making us look down on one another.
Never assume yourself to be more pious than anyone else!
~ Shaykh Abdul Jabbar

strivingobserver98
04-29-2014, 03:39 PM
"Wasting time is worse than death, because death separates you from this world whereas wasting time separates you from Allah." - Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah

Muslim Woman
04-29-2014, 04:44 PM

Allah may give a person the dunya while He hates him, and He may deprive another while He loves him.

If the dunya brings one closer to Allah, it is a blessing, and if it distances from Him, it is a gradual punishment and a curse.

-Shaikh Abdul Aziz Al-Tarefe

Muslim Woman
04-30-2014, 04:29 PM

Allah does not pre-ordain evil for a believer. If He deprives him of good or brings down on him evil, then it is because they lead him to something good. However, man thinks bad of his Lord and thus He deprives him of a good ending.

Muslim Woman
05-01-2014, 04:50 AM

Best faith

Muslim Woman
05-05-2014, 03:09 AM

Before you sin, Satan tells you, 'don't worry! God will forgive you!'
After you sin, Satan tells you, 'God will never forgive you!'
~ Imam Ibn Al Qayyim (rahimuhullah)

Muslim Woman
05-05-2014, 03:57 PM

"Allah loves to see that despite hardships and despite your mistakes that you never let go, that your heart wants Allah no matter what!"

--Moutasem Al-Hameedy

Muslim Woman
05-05-2014, 03:59 PM

Allah has a purpose

Muslim Woman
05-05-2014, 04:09 PM

My sin burdened me

Muslim Woman
05-06-2014, 08:54 AM

Some people have the disease

Muslim Woman
05-06-2014, 04:26 PM

Al-Hasan al-Basri:

"Sell this life for the next and you win both of them. Sell the next life for this and you loose both of them."

(al-Hilyah 2/143)

Muslim Woman
05-07-2014, 04:14 PM

A moment of potience

Muslim Woman
05-07-2014, 04:15 PM

"Faith is not complete without character, and character will not be of benefit without faith." -

Shaykh Omar Suleiman.

Whoever asks Allah for something of the dunya, let him precede it with seeking Allah’s forgiveness and repentance, for sins prevent acceptance or delay it. Sulaymān sought forgiveness of his Lord before he asked for a kingdom:

{ رَبِّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَهَبْ لِي مُلْكًا }
“My Lord, forgive me and grant me a kingdom.” [Ṣād 38:35]

- Shaikh Abdul Aziz Al-Tarefe

Muslim Woman
05-08-2014, 07:47 AM

I refuse to judge you based on your sin because it can be wiped out in a flash.
I'd rather search for the good you've done and appreciate it.
~ Mufti Ismail Menk

Muslim Woman
05-08-2014, 04:00 PM

Abu’l-Darda’ (radi Allahu 'anhu) once said to his wife: “If you see me angry, calm me down, and if I see you angry,
I will calm you down, otherwise it will be too difficult to live together.”

Muslim Woman
05-09-2014, 01:50 AM

Detachment is not

Muslim Woman
05-10-2014, 04:55 AM

Be somebody

Muslim Woman
05-10-2014, 03:59 PM

Sit with those

Muslim Woman
05-11-2014, 04:50 PM

Abdullah Ibn al-Mubarak:

"One doesn't become noble with any type of knowledge if he doesn't beautify his knowledge with good conduct."

(Adab Shar'iyyah 4/208)

Muslim Woman
05-12-2014, 03:14 AM

We want

abdullah_001
05-13-2014, 08:01 PM
"O Lord, render You the best of my life its close, the best of my deeds as the last, and the best of my days the day of Your meeting." "O God verily I ask of You that which may be the best for me in the end. O God vouchsafe that the last good that You bestow upon me, is Your approbation." - Abu Bakr (ra)

“O Allah, You know me better than I know myself, and I know myself better than these people who praise me. Make me better than what they think of me, and forgive those sins of mine of which they have no knowledge, and do not hold me responsible for what they say.” - Abu Bakr (ra)

"Youth is not restored by the dyeing of your hair." - Abu Bakr (ra)

"Wait a little while and there will come to you mounts, carrying lions in shining armor, ranks after ranks" - Khalid Bin Walid

"Work for this world in proportion to the time you will stay in it (which does not amount to many years). And work for the Hereafter in proportion to the time you will stay in it (for eternity)- and peace (be upon you)." - Sufyan At Thawri

"The vision of one’s eyes is meant for this world, and the vision of one’s heart is meant for the hereafter. When a man looks with his eyes, he benefits naught. It is when he looks with his heart that he benefits."- Sufyan At Thawri

Muslim Woman
05-14-2014, 04:18 AM

“The world is 3 days: As for yesterday, it has vanished along with all that was in it. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work on it.” ― Hasan Al-Basri

Start your New Life from Today! We'll never know what will be happened on next ! Only Allah Knows !

Muslim Woman
05-14-2014, 05:09 AM
If the heart becomes hardened, the eye becomes dry.
~ Ibn Al Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him)

Muslim Woman
05-14-2014, 04:24 PM

Your friend

Muslim Woman
05-17-2014, 08:11 AM

From the perfection of Allah’s ihsan is that He allows His slave to taste the bitterness of the break before the sweetness of the mend. So He does not break his believing slave, except to mend him. And He does not withhold from him, except to give him. And He does not test him (with hardship), except to cure him.”

[Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya]

Muslim Woman
05-18-2014, 03:56 AM

Grief weakens the heart and determination, & hurts the will; and nothing is more beloved to Satan than a sad believer...
~ Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim (May Allah have mercy on him)

Muslim Woman
05-18-2014, 04:03 PM

If you don't want to pay dearly for your mistakes, sincerely repent now!

-AbdulBary Yahya

A sin that inspires regret, self Reflection & repentance is better for you that a righteous deed that builds arrogance.

- Shaykh Yahya Adel Ibrahim

Muslim Woman
05-20-2014, 04:36 PM

Beautiful forgiving is to forgive without rebuking, and beautiful patience is to be patient without complaining.
~ Imam Ibn Taymiyyah (may Allah have mercy on him)

Muslim Woman
05-25-2014, 05:38 AM

Like · · Share · 3,85628894

Muslim Woman
05-28-2014, 03:39 PM

Ali bin al-Fudayl said to his father: "Oh Father! How sweet are the words of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (Peace and Blessings of Allah upon him)!

So he said: Oh son, do you know what made it sweet?

He replied: No.

So he said: Because they sought through it Allah the Exalted."

- Shu’ab al-Imaan li Bayhaqi 2/298

Muslim Woman
05-28-2014, 03:47 PM

If Allah

Muslim Woman
05-28-2014, 03:49 PM

when u r sad

Muslim Woman
05-28-2014, 03:51 PM

beauty of Sujood

Muslim Woman
05-28-2014, 03:59 PM

never skip prayer

Muslim Woman
05-28-2014, 04:06 PM

Sell this life for the next and you win both of them...
Sell the next life for this and you lose both of them...
~ Imam Hasan Al-Basri

My enemies, I thank you! You are who trained me to be patient, to respond to the evil with good and to overlook
Salman al-Ouda

Muslim Woman
05-30-2014, 12:27 PM

The biggest enemy of Islam is the ignorant Muslim, whose ignorance leads him to intolerance, whose actions destroy the true image of Islam, and when the people look at him they think that Islam is what he is.

~ Sheikh Ahmed Deedat (may Allah have mercy on him)

This life is a God-given opportunity to shape your eternal destiny.
Let no one take it away from you, not even yourself!
~ Sheikh Moutasem al-Hameedy

Muslim Woman
06-01-2014, 02:13 PM

Abu Bakr as-Siddiq (radiyAllahu'anhu):

"Indeed Allah forgives Major Sins, so do not despair, and indeed Allah punishes for Minor Sins, so do not be deceived."

(Sharh al-Bukhari by Ibn Battal 19/267)

Muslim Woman
06-06-2014, 12:45 AM

On the Day of Resurrection, when people who had suffered affliction are given their reward, those who were healthy will wish their skins had been cut to pieces with scissors when they were in the world.
[Reference: Saheeh Al-Tirmidhi]

Muslim Woman
06-08-2014, 04:32 PM

“By Allah, it is difficult enough for the slave to know his own intention concerning his actions [i.e. is his intention sincerely for Allah or mixed with riyā’?]. So how does he judge the intentions of others?”

— Ibn al-Qayyim

Muslim Woman
06-09-2014, 03:59 PM

Shaykh Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah): "Allaah is Wise, He might test a slave with a particular sin so that he may return to Him in repentance."

[al-Mumti v.3 p.52]

Muslim Woman
06-09-2014, 04:23 PM

Thank Allah

Muslim Woman
06-10-2014, 06:11 AM
Hide the good you do, and make known the good done to you.
~ Ali Ibn Abi Talib (RadiyAllahu Anhu)

Muslim Woman
06-10-2014, 04:12 PM

Don't let shaytan beat you twice, first by making you sin, then by stealing your hope in Allah's forgiveness.
www.sms4islam.com

“If I am afflicted with a calamity, I praise Allâh for it four times: I praise Him because it wasn't worse than it was, I praise Him when He gives me the patience to bear it, I praise Him for enabling me to say al-istirjâ’ (‘To Allâh we belong and to him we will return’) in hope of a great reward, and I praise Him for not making it a calamity in my religion.”

-Shurayh Al-Qâdî.

Abdullah ibn Masood said:

“Speech by itself is worthless, unless it is followed by action. Speech and action by themselves are worthless, unless they have the right intention. And speech, action, and the right intention are worthless unless they agree with the Sunnah.”

(Jaami’ al-Uloom, p. 70)

Muslim Woman
06-13-2014, 04:48 PM

if people are impressed

Muslim Woman
06-13-2014, 05:30 PM

Shaytaan does not win

Muslim Woman
06-14-2014, 06:59 AM

When you are deep down in anguish, raise your dua high to the sky with tawakkal and sabr. The Lord Most High is the Most Merciful to the lowest of the low.

-Sh. Tawfique Chowdhury

Muslim Woman
06-14-2014, 04:31 PM

ask for Allah's forgiveness

Muslim Woman
06-15-2014, 05:07 PM

Abu Qulamah Al-Jirmi was an eminent Tabi'i and a distinguished Imam and jurist. He once said in a sermon:

"If you hear something that you do not like about your brother, then try your best to seek out an excuse for him. And if you do not find any excuse for him, then say: perhaps my brother has an excuse that I do not know about."

(Gems and Jewels, pg. 113)

Muslim Woman
06-15-2014, 05:10 PM

"He created the seven seas,but He loved a tear from you[out of fear of Him] but your eyes were tearless."- Ibn Al Qayyim(rh)

Muslim Woman
06-16-2014, 03:19 AM

No sin is too big

Muslim Woman
06-16-2014, 04:16 PM

Graves are full of people who

10441415 730327700363235 881720701750027829 n?oha78235c68a1a5e2670a21b6ffedbde67&ampoe542B6F4B&  gda  1411437595 1308cc1059235855715e78b118fd7d95 -

Muslim Woman
06-17-2014, 04:12 PM

Your life

Muslim Woman
06-18-2014, 06:00 AM

when internet

Muslim Woman
06-20-2014, 04:36 PM

Let those who see you, wish to be like you and those who know you, invoke Allah for you and those who hear about you wish to meet you. Ask Allah to make you be like the rain; blessed wherever it falls.

- Shaykh Assim AlHakeem

“My value as a woman is not measured by the size of my waist or the number of men who like me. My worth as a human being is measured on a higher scale: a scale of righteousness and piety. And my purpose in life-despite what fashion magazines say-is something more sublime than just looking good for men.”
Yasmin Mogahed,

Muslim Woman
06-21-2014, 03:45 PM

"The most pious of people is the one who
refrains from arguing, even if he is right."

Prophet Muhammed S.A.W

If you could hear the sound of the pens of the angels writing your name among those who remember Allah, you’d die out of joy.

~ Ibn Al Qayyim (rahimuhullah)

Muslim Woman
06-23-2014, 08:19 AM

Imam Ibn Jawzi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

وقد كان جماعة من السلف يقصدون البعد الصالØ- للنظر إلى سمته وهديه. لا لاقتباس وذلك أن ثمرة علمه هديه وسمته فافهم هذا وامزج طلب الفقه والØ-ديث بمطالعة سير السلف والزهاد في الدنيا ليكون سبباً لرقة قلبك.

And there used to be a group of the salaf who would visit a righteous servant in order to observe his characteristics and manners, and not to take knowledge from him. And that is because the fruits of his knowledge were his manners and conduct, so understand this! So combine the study of fiqh and hadeeth with studying the lives of the Salaf and those who exercises zuhd (abstinence from materialism) in this dunya in order that this might be a cause of softening for your heart.

- Sayd al Khaatir 1/71

Muslim Woman
06-25-2014, 07:27 AM

No grave

Muslim Woman
06-25-2014, 08:19 AM

bu Masud ‘Abd ur-Rahman said, I heard ibn Tahir say,

بلت الدم في طلب الØ-ديث مرتين، مرة ببغداد، وأخرى بمكة، كنت أمشي Ø-افيا في الØ-ر، فلØ-قني ذلك، وما ركبت دابة قط في طلب الØ-ديث،
وكنت Ø£Ø-مل كتبي على ظهري، وما سألت في Ø-ال الطلب Ø£Ø-دا، كنت أعيش على ما يأتي

“I urinated blood twice whilst seeking knowledge. Once in Baghdad and another time in Makkah. I used to walk bare-footed in the heat, as a result I was afflicted with that (urinating blood); and I never rode an animal in pursuit of knowledge. I used to carry my books on my head, and I never asked anyone for a thing while I was seeking knowledge. I used to live on whatever came to me.”

- Quoted by Imam Dhahabi in Siyar A’lam al-Nubala 19/363

Muslim Woman
06-26-2014, 04:40 AM

How can you expect Allah to bless your marriage when your wedding is full of disobedience to him?

~ Sheikh Omar Suleiman

Abdullaah Ibn Mas’ud (radiyAllahu'anhu):

“A person who memorizes the Qur'an should be known for his long night prayers when people are asleep, his fasting when people are eating, his sadness when people are happy, his silence when people are talking nonsense, and his humbleness when people are not. He should be wise, gentle and not talk to much: he should not be rude, negligent, clamorous, nor hot tempered. “

(Ibn Al Jawzee, Sifaat As-Safwa: 1/413)

Muslim Woman
06-30-2014, 05:11 PM

A great month has cast its shadow over you. The gates of mercy have opened. You don’t need to request them to open in order for them to open. You only require feet that move in order to enter. Don’t wait for someone to carry them. May Allah make us from among those who advance toward it.

- Shaikh Abdul Aziz Al-Tarefe

Muslim Woman
07-02-2014, 04:44 PM

Every punishment from Him is pure justice and every blessing from Him is pure grace.
~ Ibn Taymiyyah (may Allah have mercy on him)

Even the hardest of hearts are softened in Ramadan. Don't miss this opportunity!

-Mufti Ismail Menk

Muslim Woman
07-03-2014, 05:27 PM

Imam Ibn Rajab al Hanbali (may Allah have mercy on him) quoted:

بعض السلف كانوا يدعون الله ستة أشهر أن يبلغهم شهر رمضان ثم يدعون الله ستة أشهر أن يتقبله منهم

Some of the Salaf used to call upon Allah six months before that Allah allow them to reach Ramadan, then they would beseech Him for the next six months for Him to accept their deeds from them.

- Lata'if al-Ma'arif fima li Mawasim al-Aam min al-Wadha'if 1/209

Muslim Woman
07-04-2014, 08:54 AM

Qualities are from Patience

Muslim Woman
07-04-2014, 09:11 AM

It's Taqwa

ChosenOne
07-04-2014, 02:28 PM
If we do not use our time effectively for something good, then we will definitely use it for something bad, which destroys our rewards and our lives.

Muslim Woman
07-04-2014, 05:12 PM

Hafsah bint Sîrîn:

"Fasting is a shield as long as one does not tear it, and tearing it is when you backbite"

(Abd Al-Razzâq Al-San’ânî, Al-Musannaf articles 8975)

Muslim Woman
07-05-2014, 07:52 AM

Ramadan is not a temporary increase of religious practice...
It is a glimpse of what you are capable of doing everyday.
~ Shaykh Abdul Jabbar

Muslim Woman
07-05-2014, 04:55 PM

Sometimes Allah withholds something from you, not because you dont deserve it, but because you deserve better!

Shaykh Muhammad Abdul Jabbar

Muslim Woman
07-06-2014, 05:29 PM

never miss

Muslim Woman
07-07-2014, 06:01 AM

Sa'eed bin Abdul Aziz (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

'Umair bin Haani was asked,

We see your tongue never getting tired of the remembrance of Allaah, how many times do you glorify Allah a day?

Whereupon he replied:

100,000 times if my fingers do not lie to me (if I am not mistaken)

- Quoted by Abu Nu'aym al-Isfahani in Hilyah al-Awliya wa Tabaqat al-Asfiya 5/157

Muslim Woman
07-12-2014, 04:50 PM

Muslim Woman
07-14-2014, 05:06 PM

When you forget that you need Allah, He puts you in a situation that causes you to call upon Him. And that’s for your own good.
~ Sheikh Omar Suleiman

Muslim Woman
07-15-2014, 03:04 PM

Muslim Woman
07-16-2014, 08:55 AM

Some people are dead but their character has kept them alive, while others are alive but their character has killed them.
~ Imam Shafie (rahimuhullah)

Two armies that can never be defeated are the sincere heart and righteous Dua.

~ Sheikhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimuhullah)

Muslim Woman
07-16-2014, 05:20 PM

An apple fell and Newton 'discovered' the law of gravity...
Hundreds of bombs fell on Gaza and no one discovered the law of humanity!
~ Shaykh Zahir Mahmood

10457833 751296794908825 8700450025354916217 n?oha15a2196818e47218b2b02169410ad6a&ampoe543A7627&  gda  1413200379 600d69bbd291f60012b02d800bc201fa -

سيف الله
07-17-2014, 07:31 AM
Salaam

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill

Muslim Woman
07-17-2014, 08:45 AM

You are nothing but a collection of days, once those days have passed, so will you!
~ Imam Hasan Al Basri (rahimuhullah)

Muslim Woman
07-18-2014, 08:16 AM

Iman is of two halves; Half is patience (Sabr), and half is being thankful (Shukr).
~ Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah (rahimuhullah)

Muslim Woman
07-18-2014, 05:31 PM

Muslim Woman
07-20-2014, 08:01 AM

The wise person is the one whose mind controls him from every disgrace.
~ Imam Shafie (may Allah have mercy on him)

Muslim Woman
07-20-2014, 05:08 PM

Ka'b ibn Maalik:

"Whoever fasts Ramadan, whilst telling himself that once Ramadan leaves he will disobey his Lord, such a persons fast is rejected."

[Lataa'if v. 1 p. 215]

Muslim Woman
07-23-2014, 04:46 PM

If the human knew the pleasure of meeting Allah and being near Him,
he would feel grief for being distant from Him.
~ Ibn Al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him)

Muslim Woman
07-24-2014, 07:24 AM

Don’t feel ashamed when giving little for charity; that is because there is always goodness in giving no matter how little.
~ Ali Ibn Abi-Talib (radiyAllahu Anhu)

Muslim Woman
07-24-2014, 05:11 PM

He has lost, he has lost, he has lost… the one who does not sell hours and buy eighty-three years:

{ لَيْلَةُ الْقَدْرِ خَيْرٌ مِنْ أَلْفِ شَهْرٍ }

“The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months.” [Al-Qadr 97:3]

Muslim Woman
07-25-2014, 05:43 PM

Muslim Woman
07-25-2014, 05:53 PM

Sometimes, Allah leaves us with no option but to be stronger.

~ Sheikh AbdulBary Yahya

Three qualities are from patience: Not speaking about your misfortune, your pain, and not praising yourself.

~ Imam Sufyan Ath Thawree (may Allah have mercy on him)

Muslim Woman
07-27-2014, 04:37 PM

10489875 10204289584741501 3137857958909150681 n?ohd8ea547da2d4ec57f91649ba4ed28fef&ampoe543D440C&  gda  1414719347 624b1a71bb76924d9f9eed2d832be60d -

Muslim Woman
07-30-2014, 03:41 PM

Muslim Woman
07-31-2014, 04:36 AM

Sell this life for the next and you win both of them.
Sell the next life for this and you lose both of them.

~ Imam Al Hasan Al Basari (may Allah have mercy on him)

Muslim Woman
08-02-2014, 04:16 PM

A man came to Al-Hasan Al-Basri and said:
“I heard you say that if you commit sins, then Allāh prevents you from things. I do all the sins that you can think of and don’t do many good deeds. I have a beautiful wife and beautiful kids and a lot of money and land and am successful. Allāh did not prevent me from anything. How is it that you say that because of sins Allāh prevents you?”

He said: “Do you pray qiyām’l-layl? Do you enjoy your du’ā’? Do you enjoy your ṣalāh? That is enough prevention that He prevented you from communicating with Him.”

Muslim Woman
08-03-2014, 04:14 PM

10527370 10204339644592966 8122346804493098138 n?ohcfa4590fa92ee7a08520662964814a55&ampoe543A84C8&  gda  1414986355 378f251e6e2b10cfab81a395a624836c -

Muslim Woman
08-05-2014, 03:30 PM

As water drops make a river, thoughts make character and faith...
~ Ali (radiyAllahu anhu

Muslim Woman
08-05-2014, 03:32 PM

1524990 10152459901887740 1278822020416684749 n?oh6cbba9e94f617d808f381c0ebfc78bb4&ampoe54339628 -

Muslim Woman
08-05-2014, 04:27 PM

How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then to regain health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but he dies in a way as if he were never born.

Ali ibn Abi Talib R.A.

Muslim Woman
08-05-2014, 04:34 PM

Muslim Woman
08-05-2014, 04:38 PM

strivingobserver98
08-06-2014, 06:40 PM
"If you can be unknown, be so; it doesn’t matter if you are not known and it doesn’t matter if you are not praised. It doesn’t matter if you are blameworthy according to people if you are praiseworthy with Allah the Mighty and Majestic." - Fudayl ibn Iyad

Muslim Woman
08-07-2014, 03:19 PM

Imam Abu 'Amr 'Uthman ibn 'Abd al-Raḥman Salah al-Din al-Shahrazuri popularly known as Ibn al Salah said:

فمن أراد التصدي لإسماع الحديث ، أو لإفادة شيء من علومه ، فليقدم تصحيح النية وإخلاصها ، وليطهر قلبه من الأغراض الدنيوية وأدناسها ، وليحذر بلية حب الرياسة ، ورعوناتها

If a person wants to start seeking knowledge of hadeeth or to learn any of the hadeeth sciences, let him first ensure that his intention is correct and sincere and purify his heart of any worldly aims, and let him beware of the trial of love of leadership.

- Uloom ul Hadeeth li Ibn Salah, page 236

Muslim Woman
08-08-2014, 04:15 PM

If your parents are alive, be grateful at the opportunity to earn Jannah by serving them.
~ Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan

Muslim Woman
08-09-2014, 04:09 PM

Life is not guaranteed at all...
But death is absolutely guaranteed upon all, yet we still prepare for life more than death.
~ Mufti Ismail Menk

Muslim Woman
08-10-2014, 08:27 AM

Life is too short, do not make it shorter.
Forgive others as many times as you would love Allah Almighty to forgive you.
~ Sheikh Sajid Ahmed Umar

Muslim Woman
08-12-2014, 03:46 PM

Sins have many side-effects.
One of them is that they steal knowledge from you.
Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim (rahimuhullah)

Muslim Woman
08-12-2014, 03:57 PM

10314761 913783155315674 3698205562863464750 n?oh4d99379fe0f348c0f09b725ee01927da&ampoe548210A4&  gda  1416732366 edd698add2dc91bf43ba611627746d85 -

Muslim Woman
08-12-2014, 04:12 PM

Muslim Woman
08-12-2014, 05:05 PM

“As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good; I was actually being re-directed to something better. You must convince your heart that whatever Allah has decreed is most appropriate and most beneficial for you.”

- Imam Ghazali (ra)

"When people help one another in sin and transgression, they finish by hating each other."
- Ibn Taymiyyah (ra)

Muslim Woman
08-14-2014, 06:30 AM

onelove1111
08-14-2014, 06:55 AM
The best Quran quotes with typography check the page on instagram called quranquotesdaily, here's the link: instagram. com/quranquotesdaily

Cool thing is the admin writes beautiful and inspiring reflections, really rad

Muslim Woman
08-15-2014, 04:55 PM

سيف الله
08-16-2014, 06:41 AM
Salaam

Another one.

Only the small secrets need to be protected. The big ones are kept secret by public incredulity - Marshall McLuhan

Muslim Woman
08-18-2014, 04:02 PM

Sometimes you want something really badly and you can't have it no matter how hard you try, it might be because Allah knows it's not good for you.
Accept your Qadar and trust His Plan because Allah knows best.

-- Abu Muawiyah Ismail Kamdar

Muslim Woman
08-19-2014, 04:42 PM

Nobody fears hypocrisy except a believer, and nobody feels secure from it except a hypocrite...

~ Imam Hasan Al-Basri

If you do not prepare now for the afterlife, when will you do so?
~ Imam Ghazali (rahimuhullah)

After all difficulties, if we hold onto this deen, Allah of a surety will establish his affair, even if vast majority of people do not understand.
~ Sheikh Dr. Tawfique Chowdhury

Muslim Woman
08-20-2014, 08:28 AM

Saja
08-21-2014, 09:12 PM
Whoever mastered the dua and patience, everything they thought was impossible becomes possible.
I don't know who said it.

Muslim Woman
08-24-2014, 08:08 AM

Practicing a little of the Sunnah is far better than practicing many (religious) innovations.
~ Ibn Masood (radiyAllahu Anhu)

Muslim Woman
08-25-2014, 06:52 AM

In the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company and remembrance of Allah
(Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah)

Muslim Woman
08-25-2014, 04:12 PM

Muslim Woman
09-02-2014, 04:01 PM

10649877 773169252721579 7947992482306005390 n?ohd96ffc78251983a03a3617ef618b76fd&ampoe54741785 -

Muslim Woman
09-02-2014, 04:17 PM

If you do not humble yourself before Allah, He will create circumstances in which you will truly understand His worth and your own insignificance. And this will be the biggest lesson you will learn in life.
Sh. Tawfique Chowdhury

Muslim Woman
09-04-2014, 05:26 AM

Every test makes us bitter or better, every problem makes us or break us.
The choice is ours to become victims or victorious...
~ Mufti Ismail Menk

Muslim Woman
09-04-2014, 05:43 AM

Constructive criticism is very useful and much needed.
May Allah love those who correct and advise others in a respectable manner because they love them for His sake!
Sh. Daood Butt

Muslim Woman
09-11-2014, 03:37 PM

If you live in a time where sinning is easier; understand that it is a time where the reward of being a person of TAQWA is also GREATER!

Sh. Sajid Ahmed Umar

When you are in the company of those who remind you of Allaah and lift your spirits, thank Allaah, for He has indeed given you a great gift.
Sh. Tariq Appleby

Waylon
09-12-2014, 10:25 AM
"search for the good in others in order to apreciate them"

The problem with this is that some people really have nothing good to offer. They are only good for slowing you down and making you feel like you are going backwards instead of forward. I know it sounds pesimistic but some people really have nothing good to offer. Some individuals are selfish, greedy and completely lack empathy.

Muslim Woman
09-12-2014, 05:01 PM

7048 684165478319468 3338271045296548080 n?oh8e07e5a87e30e6fbfde3003a867a6f0a&ampoe548CDC99&  gda  1418192192 eb1205089709d3e159772806397cc68a -

Muslim Woman
09-15-2014, 04:43 PM

10635889 10152783476538755 7174321890065036174 n?oh1a0f58b53acdf2221dc010ea56760391&ampoe54906F33 -

Muslim Woman
09-16-2014, 08:10 AM

1546382 715160488568113 1076943551492232589 n?oh2d98d6bea41e5b9508a3ab213e210831&ampoe548743B2 -

Muslim Woman
09-20-2014, 05:52 AM

The heart will rest and feel relief if it is settled with Allah, and it will worry and be anxious if it is settled with people.
~ Imam Ibn Al Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him)

Muslim Woman
09-22-2014, 08:03 AM

I am surprised at three things:
1. [A] man runs from death while death is inevitable.
2. One sees minor faults in others, yet overlooks his own major faults.
3. When there is any defect to one's cattle, he tries to cure it, but does not cure his own defects.
~ Umar Ibn Al Khattab (radiyAllahu anhu)

Muslim Woman
09-22-2014, 04:12 PM

When a calamity brings us closer to the Almighty, it is a gift.
When a gift leads us away from the Almighty, it is a calamity.
~ Mufti Ismail Menk

strivingobserver98
09-30-2014, 12:59 PM
"Allah gave Prophet Suleiman a choice between either knowledge or power, and he chose knowledge above power. And because he did that Allah granted him power as well." - Abdullah ibn al Mubarak

Muslim Woman
10-02-2014, 05:10 PM

When your problems give you 100 reasons to cry, your faith in Allah should give you 1000 reasons to smile!
~ Sheikh Dr. Bilal Philips

waji
10-03-2014, 04:40 AM
The two best times to keep your mouth shut are when you’re swimming and when you’re angry Boonaa Mohammad

Muslim Woman
10-07-2014, 04:18 PM

A hardship that draws you closer to your Maker is a blessing.

-Mufti Ismail Menk

strivingobserver98
10-08-2014, 11:48 PM
“People cannot survive in this world without friends. And much of the evil that most people experience is because of their friends. We have to give good consideration to whom we take as friends.” - Dr Bilal Phillips

Zaynab Academy
10-09-2014, 06:23 AM
"Allah SWT has given us the ability AND opportunity to get Jannat-ul-Firdous. We're just under-performing!"

-Shaykh Kamaluddin Ahmed

strivingobserver98
10-09-2014, 11:39 PM
“Khushu tip: Turn off and put away all distractions (phone, tablet, laptop, TV, etc) and focus yourself in silence for a minute before praying.”
— Abdul Nasir Jangda

strivingobserver98
10-10-2014, 08:07 PM
"When Allah beautifies the religion for you, he also beautifies the women of the religion.” - Nouman Ali Khan

Muslim Woman
10-12-2014, 02:03 PM

Heal your hearts with the Quran. It is a medicine that doesn't expire, and removes from the heart whatever there is of stress, worry and sadness.

-Dr.Bilal Philips

strivingobserver98
10-13-2014, 02:18 AM
Umar ibn al khattab - "Acquire knowledge before you become leaders and pride prevents you from learning and you live in ignorance."

Muslim Woman
10-13-2014, 04:11 PM

When you see someone who seems to have a perfect life, understand that they too are tested by Allah, but their tests are probably private.

There are many people who go through tests that nobody knows about besides them and Allah.

So don't become jealous of anybody's life as they may be going through tests that you wouldn't be able to pass.

- Abu Muawiyah Ismail Kamdar

Zaynab Academy
10-15-2014, 05:28 AM
"Don't trust your Nafs! Dont Flirt with the boundaries of Shariah thinking you'll come back"

- Shaykh Mufti Kamaluddin Ahmed

ZAYNAB ACADEMY ONLINE

Muslim Woman
10-16-2014, 03:05 PM

Your life is nothing more than a love story between you and God.
Every person, every experience, every gift, every loss, every pain is sent on your path, for one reason and one reason only: To bring you back to Him.
~ Ustadha Yasmin Mogahed

Muslim Woman
10-17-2014, 04:21 PM

Guilt is a gift from Allah warning you that what you are doing is violating your soul.
~ Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan

Muslim Woman
10-18-2014, 04:55 PM

1208474 10152749541695874 9065862889196569589 n?oh7d3a2c1f4987faa8bfd46c0fff6e550f&ampoe54BAF88F&  gda  1420845285 fb73538564335846b29d0a2b5b0632a1 -

Muslim Woman
10-19-2014, 02:29 PM

Umar Ibnul Khattaab (radiyallaahu-anhu) said:

"If an announcer from the heavens were to announce, saying: “O people! All of you will enter paradise except one man”; I fear that he (i.e. that man) would be me."

[At-Takhweef Minan Naar of Ibn Rajab: page:17]

Muslim Woman
10-20-2014, 04:30 PM

bn Al-Qayyim reports Abdullah ibn Abbas (r.a) as saying: “Verily, good deeds will brighten the face, enlighten the heart, expand provision, strengthen the body, and cause love in the hearts of the creation. Verily, evil deeds will blacken the face, darken the grave and the heart, weaken the body, restrict provision, and cause hatred in the hearts of the creation.”

AmericanMuslim
10-21-2014, 12:11 AM
"The best and most beautiful things in the world are not seen nor touched. They must be felt by the heart" -Helen Keller.

ali399
10-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Good Saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ali399
10-21-2014, 12:24 PM
True Saying!!!!!!!!!!1

Muslim Woman
10-21-2014, 04:20 PM

There are 4 conditions of forgiveness between a worshiper & his creator directly.
1. Admit,
2. regret,
3. seek forgiveness
4. and promise not to repeat.
It’s (i.e. the sin is) immediately deleted.
~ Mufti Ismail Menk

Muslim Woman
10-21-2014, 04:54 PM
10731056 855011077852268 3951129532666711770 n?ohba4bc824f4a5c226800fb3228b2dd257&ampoe54B652CD -

Muslim Woman
10-21-2014, 04:56 PM

If your eye falls on the sin of other people then close your eyes and remind yourself that other people have eyes too.
...If you go out to shame other people then Allah swt will shame you too.

- Sheikh Omar Suleman

MarlaJohnson
10-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Mashallah Wonderful .. Thanks for sharing :)

Muslim Woman
10-25-2014, 04:30 PM

This is the generation that will either be known for losing the greatest opportunity in a century to revive Islam or one who brought it back.
~ Ustadh Yusha Evans

Muslim Woman
10-26-2014, 08:17 AM

Ahmad Ibn Harb said:

“There is nothing more beneficial to a Muslim’s heart than to mix with the righteous and to watch their actions, while nothing is more harmful to the heart than mixing with the sinners and watching their actions.”

[Al-Bayhaqi, Al-Zuhd Al-Kabeer, p.100]

Muslim Woman
10-28-2014, 04:08 PM

"If you see that one of you has slipped, correct him, pray for him and do not help shaytaan against him (by insulting him)" -

Umar ibn Al Khattab

Muslim Woman
10-28-2014, 04:20 PM

Umar ibn Abdil-’Aziz said:

“Become a scholar if you are able. If you are not able, then be a student. If you can not,then show love for them. If you are unable to do that,then (at least) do not hate them.”

[Ibn Abdil-Barr in Jaami'u Bayaanil-'Ilmi wa Fadhlihi, #143]

Abu Bakr bin Abdullah al Muzani said:

“Who is like you, O son of Adam? Whenever you wish, you use water to make Ablution, go to the place for worship and thus enter the presence of your Lord (i.e. start praying) without a translator/barrier or a barrier between you and Him!”

[Al Bidayah Wan-Nihayah 9/256]

BeTheChange
10-28-2014, 09:39 PM
I love Flames of Hope quote used in the signature

It is pointless to watch other people's houses crumbling when our own house is in need of repair and attention.
I have been thinking about the people that i interact with at work and ALL if not most of the substance of the conversation is around people - so and so did this - so and so is like this etc - As arrogant and egotistical as it sounds i enjoy my own company. Do Zikar, listen to quran receitation and just work on your relationship with Allah swa - nothing gives you peace more than this.

Very rare you'll meet a person who will hold a meangful conversation with you.

MarlaJohnson
10-29-2014, 09:24 AM
There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.

Zaynab Academy
10-31-2014, 05:59 AM
Feelings of taqwa

Muslim Woman
10-31-2014, 04:23 PM

"Hell fire is forbidden to the eye that weeps due to the fear of Allah."
-Muawiya bin Jiba (ra)

Muslim Woman
11-04-2014, 12:33 PM

Iman is of two halves; Half is patience (Sabr), and half is being thankful (Shukr).

~ Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah (rahimuhullah)

Muslim Woman
11-05-2014, 04:24 PM

Your deeds today are the bricks of your home tomorrow. Build your eternal home wisely!"

[Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan]

Muslim Woman
11-06-2014, 05:01 PM

"Every day in which Allah is not sinned against, it is a day of Eid. Every day that a believer passes through in obedience to his Master, remembering Him and thanking Him, then it is for him (the believer) a day of Eid."

-Hasan Al Basree

Muslim Woman
11-07-2014, 05:47 PM

Whosoever shows you your faults, he is your friend. Those that pay you lip service in praise are your executioners.

Umar ibn al-Khattab

Zaynab Academy
11-11-2014, 05:08 AM
"You are sad when some girl doesn't like you? You call that rejection? And you listen to songs about that? I'll tell you what rejection is.... Rejection is to be rejected by your Beloved Messenger SAW on the Day of Judgement.

That is rejection. Write a song about that."

-Shyakh Mufti Kamaluddin Ahmed

For more Talks by shyakh Please visit www.islamiccpirituality.org

Muslim Woman
11-11-2014, 08:41 AM

Whenever the heart of a servant of God makes it a habit to remember death, dunya [worldly life] becomes small in his eyes.

~ Imam Hasan al-Basri (may Allah have mercy on him)

The superiority of prayer at night over prayer during the day is like the superiority of charity given in secret over charity given openly.
~ Abdullah ibn Masood (may Allah have mercy on him)

Zaynab Academy
11-12-2014, 06:41 AM
attachmentphp?attachmentid5389&ampstc1 -

For more Talks by shyakh Please visit www.islamiccpirituality.org

Muslim Woman
11-20-2014, 07:23 AM

If the Almighty has prohibited losing hope in His Mercy, then NEVER allow yourself to be affected by those who make you feel hopeless.

-Mufti Ismail Menk

Muslim Woman
11-21-2014, 04:22 PM

"This World is like a shadow. If you try to catch it, you will never be able to do so. If you turn your back towards it, it has no choice but to follow you !"

— Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Muslim Woman
11-22-2014, 03:58 PM

"The heart is like a bird: love as its head and its two wings are hope and fear."

— Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawzziya

Muslim Woman
11-26-2014, 04:10 PM

10451785 722699584466368 4551255483413708335 n?oh376021e161587d2d2c2dc56eb7b0bc7e&ampoe5518A031&  gda  1423388763 6eb16ef07339c8cac44415feb8e74690 -

Muslim Woman
11-27-2014, 04:15 PM

"When the servant is sincere, riya' and the many whisperings (of the shayatin) are cut off from him."

[Abu Sulayman ad-Darini (rahimahullah)]

Muslim Woman
11-27-2014, 04:53 PM

"If the pains of this world tire you, do not grieve. For it may be that Allāh wishes to hear your voice by way of Du'a."
- Ibn Al-Qayyim

Muslim Woman
11-28-2014, 05:05 PM

10614244 1524588151125796 53744248321117218 n?ohe258dc4e511dfcbbafd379d85dceade6&ampoe54DAC231 -

Muslim Woman
12-03-2014, 03:59 PM

Imam Ibn Qayyim al-Jauziyyah:

“A person who acts without knowledge is like someone who travels without a guide, and it is known that a person like this will more likely be destroyed than saved.”

(Miftah Daar As-Sa'ada, 1/82-83)

Muslim Woman
12-08-2014, 03:31 PM

"The days of life pass away like clouds, so do good while you are alive."

[Ali Ibn Abi Thalib, radiyAllaahu 'anhu]

Muslim Woman
12-18-2014, 04:46 PM

Shaykh ibn al-‘Uthaymeen was asked:

"Do you have an advice for the beginner student of knowledge?"

The Shaykh answered:

"The advice to every person is that he purifies his intention for the sake of Allaah (The Mighty and Majestic) and his intention should neither be leadership nor prestige, nor wealth; rather his intention should be the removal of ignorance from himself and others. And he should establish the religion, defend and guard it. This is the most virtuous thing."

(Liqaa Al-Baab Al-Maftooh 226)

strivingobserver98
12-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Ibn al-Qāyyim [رحمه الله] said:

❝Satisfaction is when a person submits himself to his Lord.❞

[al-Fawā'id, (Page: 175)]

Muslim Woman
12-22-2014, 04:08 PM

Ibn Taymiah said:
"The correct way to explain the Qur'an through the Qur'an itself, then through the Sunnah of the Prophet PBUH, then with the help of the comments of the Companions, and then the comments of the rightful Successors (Taba'in)"
[Majmu Al Fatawa (13/363)]

Taibah
12-23-2014, 10:22 AM
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem

‘Whoever wishes to know who he is, let him

present himself to the Qur’aan.’

[It categorises both the good and the bad.]

~ Hazrat Hasan Basri (Rahmatullahi ‘alayh)

BeTheChange
12-23-2014, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

"If the pains of this world tire you, do not grieve. For it may be that Allāh wishes to hear your voice by way of Du'a."
- Ibn Al-Qayyim

Walaikumasalaam

awwww, that's very sweet. I like that statement. I think it goes to show i need to be more thankful for everything i do have in life Alhamdulilah. It is true in times of happiness you do forget to thank Allah swa (well i do). Something which i will work on in sha Allah.

BeTheChange
12-23-2014, 10:59 PM

Every test makes us bitter or better, every problem makes us or break us.
The choice is ours to become victims or victorious...
~ Mufti Ismail Menk
Walaikumasalaam

I love the above quote insha Allah will be victorious in all we do Ameen.

Use the problem, the pain, the suffering as a motivational tool rather than a self-pitying attitude

Taibah
12-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem

“If the servant were to know everything, yet he did not know his Lord, then it is as if he knows nothing at all.”

~ Ibn Al-Qayyim (Rahmatullahi ‘alayh)

Muslim Woman
12-25-2014, 04:52 PM

Worrying about the dunya (this world) is a darkness in the heart, while worrying about the akhirah (hereafter) is a light in the heart.

~ Uthman ibn Affan (may Allah be pleased with him)

BeTheChange
12-25-2014, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
"No one knows your concerns and needs better than Allah. None is more compassionate to you than Allah. Even when all have given up hope on you, Allah will always be there for you." (Abdulbary Yahya)
So true. Very blessed Alhamdulilah

Muslim Woman
12-26-2014, 05:02 PM

Fu'aad Ibn 'Abdul-'azeez ash-Shulhoob:

"One of the ways of increasing love between brothers and of removing rancor from their hearts is for them to give gifts to one another."

(The book of manners, p.429)

Muslim Woman
12-27-2014, 03:30 PM

Ibn Qayyim-il-Jawziyyah:

"Sins have many side-effects. One of them is that they steal knowledge from you."

(ad-Da', p.65)

Muslim Woman
12-29-2014, 08:08 AM

Abu 'Abdullaah al-Balkhi said:

أدب العلم أكثر من العلم

Manners regarding knowledge is even more vast than knowledge itself.

- Quoted by Ibn Mufliḥ al-Maqdisi in al-Adab al-Shariyyah 3/552

Muslim Woman
12-30-2014, 08:23 AM

Luqman al-Hakim made his will and counselled his son and told him:

"My son! Sit with the learned men and keep close to them. Allah gives life to the hearts with the light of wisdom as Allah gives life to the dead earth with the abundant rain of the sky."

(Muwatta Malik Book 59, Hadith 1859)

"Improve your secret & private life, and Allah will improve your public and social life. Make matters well between you and Allah, and Allah will make matters well between you and people. Work for the Hereafter, and Allah will be enough for you in your worldly concerns…" (Sufyan Ath Thawri)

[Source: Biography of Imam Sufyaan ath-Thawri by Salaahud-Deen ibn Ali ibn Abdul-Maujood.]

Muslim Woman
12-31-2014, 04:17 PM

It was asked to Ali (may Allah be pleased with him):

كَيْفَ كَانَ حُبُّكُمْ لِرَسُولِ اللَّهِ - صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ - ؟

"How was your love for the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him)He said:

كَانَ وَاللَّهِ أَحَبَّ إِلَيْنَا مِنْ أَمْوَالِنَا ، وَأَوْلَادِنَا ، وَآبَائِنَا ، وَأُمَّهَاتِنَا ، وَمِنَ الْمَاءِ الْبَارِدِ عَلَى الظَّمَإِ .

"He said: by Allah, was dearer to us than our wealth, our children, our fathers, our mothers and cold water when one is thirsty."

- Ash-shifa bi Ta'rif Huquq al-Mustafa 2/384-385

Muslim Woman
01-08-2015, 02:06 PM

Luqman al-Hakim made his will and counselled his son and told him:

"My son! Sit with the learned men and keep close to them. Allah gives life to the hearts with the light of wisdom as Allah gives life to the dead earth with the abundant rain of the sky."

(Muwatta Malik Book 59, Hadith 1859)

The-Deist
01-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Seek Hereafter; You will get both

It is reported that Al-Hasan Al-Basri often used to say,

4- "O youth! Seek the hereafter, for we often see people pursuing
the hereafter and finding it as well as the dunya (worldly
wellbeing), but we have never seen anyone pursue the dunya
and gain the hereafter as well as the dunya.'

SubhanaAllah you get the goodness of both lifes by going to Allahs path. But going to Shaitans path (disobedience to Allah) you lose both and gain what?
A HUMILIATING PAINFUL PUNISHMENT THE HELL FIRE
MAy Allah guard and protect us and guide us all to the straight path
Aameen

strivingobserver98
01-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Al Albani: A woman should make sure to marry a religious man with a good character and not go for beauty, richness or lineage.

[Silsilat-ul-Hudaa wan-Noor 594]

Muslim Woman
01-11-2015, 06:06 AM

The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Muslim Woman
01-13-2015, 08:33 AM

"Even in hard times, the longest day is only 24 hours. Everything passes, nothing stays. Have faith and keep walking, knowing that Allah is with you."

- Dr.Bilal Philips

Muslim Woman
01-14-2015, 07:21 AM

People think that tests only come in the form of hardships. Allah also tests us with ease, it's often in the test of ease that we fail most.
~ Ustadha Yasmin Mogahed

BeTheChange
01-15-2015, 12:44 PM

People think that tests only come in the form of hardships. Allah also tests us with ease, it's often in the test of ease that we fail most.
~ Ustadha Yasmin Mogahed
walaikumasalaam

very very true

Muslim Woman
01-17-2015, 08:47 AM

"Whenever sins increase, loneliness/gloom intensifies."

-Ibn al-Qayyim (Rahimahullah)

[Jawab al-Kaafi: 22]

Muslim Woman
01-20-2015, 04:15 PM

Imam Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali:

"The winter is the believers spring, where he walks around in the garden of obedience. The days are short and cold so that one can fast easily and the nights are long so that one can sleep well and pray the night prayer as well."

(Lata'if-ul-Ma'arif, p. 435)

strivingobserver98
01-20-2015, 08:51 PM
A perfect marriage is not between two perfect people, but between two imperfect people who learn when to overlook imperfection.

—Yasir Qadhi

Muslim Woman
01-26-2015, 05:07 PM

"Allaah has made eyes the mirror of the heart. So if the slave lowers his gaze, his heart lowers its desires, and if he lets his gaze loose, his heart lets its desires loose." '-- [Ibn Al Qayyim]

Muslim Woman
01-28-2015, 04:59 PM

O’ Allāh, I am harsh so make me gentle; I am weak so make me strong, and I am miserly so make me generous.”

— Umār b. al-Khaṭṭāb’s speech from the pulpit upon being elected Caliph.

BeTheChange
01-29-2015, 10:16 PM
attachmentphp?attachmentid5421&ampstc1 - (PBUH)

My new Avatar ^^^ :-)

Motto: Plan, prepare & in sha Allah we will prosper

The-Deist
01-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Sister Protected Soul the meaning of your new avatar?

BeTheChange
01-29-2015, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Sister Protected Soul the meaning of your new avatar?
Asalamualykum brother,

It basically means just because you can't see the 'danger' or 'threat' it doesn't mean you sit back and don't prepare.

We need to prepare ourselves now for the arrival of dajaal, the angel of death, the day of judgement etc. Just because we're not faced with the situation of dajaal, death, qiymaat etc at this moment in time - doesn't mean we can enjoy and be ignorant. The successful ones will always be the ones who have prepared themselves in advance.

I suppose it's similar to knowing you have an exam and revising and preparing for that exam so when the day comes you know all the answers and are ready. In sha Allah - Hope that makes sense - preparation is key!

Muslim Woman
02-01-2015, 04:31 PM

"Treat people in such a way that they would mourn you when you die, and long for your company while you're alive."

- Ali Ibn Abi Talib (RA)

BeTheChange
02-03-2015, 08:18 PM

" If exposure of your body is modernism, therefore, animals are the most modern creatures on Earth."

Dr. Zakir Naik.
lol, that's a funny comparison :-) made me chuckle jazahka Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.