/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Green Fingers: Ideas for a Vegetable Garden

yas2010
03-16-2011, 04:52 PM
:sl:

I need some ideas for a vegetable garden. I am starting from complete scratch....so anything about soil, etc...
I am complete novice so Brother and Sisters any advice is much appreciated.

Your reward will be Virtual Vegetable soup. Promise. ;D

JK

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
03-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

subhanallah I'll be doing the same thing :D
I know I'll for sure be planting mint leaves inshallah...

For soil testing, so far what I know is that you can test your soil by getting a soil tester to test the acidity of the soil, and some people add lemon juice to make their soil more acidic. Why? I don't know yet :D I'm learning as I go along with this lol

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

PouringRain
03-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Since you are in the UK, I hope Glo sees your thread and can give some good advice. :) Some things grow better than others in various climates and soil. Since you are a beginner it would be most helpful if you know what grows best for your area.

sister herb
03-16-2011, 05:44 PM
As general advice, you better start with some most easy vegetables and some common herbs too. In my region they might be peas, beans, some lettuces, onions, parsley, dill etc. But just wait Glo coming here.

Virtual Vegetable Soup sounds good... :P

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MustafaMc
03-19-2011, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010
:sl:

I need some ideas for a vegetable garden. I am starting from complete scratch....so anything about soil, etc...
I am complete novice so Brother and Sisters any advice is much appreciated.
Attachment 4237How much area do you have for a garden? Do you know what soil type you have? This file is an example of a garden that is about 10m X 30m.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!