/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Patent of Muhammad" (pbuh) and the other Letters

SalamChristian
03-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Salaam,

I have just been discovering over the past couple weeks the existence of the diplomatic letters of Muhammad (pbuh). I was not aware of these documents before now. Some things I am wondering:

How authentic do Muslims believe these documents are? 100%?

Specifically, I was interested in the "Patent of Muhammad" (pbuh). Here is a link to a website run by Muslims which houses a translation:

http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/charter1.html

Do Muslims view this as authentic, in addition to the other letters?

Thank you very much for helping me out.

-Bob

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
World Peace
03-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Salam aleacom brother Bob

I have not come across that website before. But I have read about these other links, which I know to be authentic. I believe them to be true. Beloved Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) was merciful, just and tolerant of others. Unlike what he has been portrayed in the media. I wish people read about him and his life.

I have put the following links, they are very useful. I hope you read them. They contain a booklet and articles about what you mentioned.

Do all Muslims represent Islam?
islamreligion.com/articles/3761/viewall/

Was Islam Spread by the Sword?
islamreligion.com/articles/677/

The Tolerance of the Prophet (peace be upon him) towards Other Religions
islamreligion.com/articles/207/viewall/

Let There Be No Compulsion in Religion
islamreligion.com/articles/661/

The Rights of Non-Muslims in Islam
islamreligion.com/articles/374/viewall/

What Does Islam say About Terorrism? 1
islamreligion.com/articles/238 /

What Does Islam Say About Terrorism? 2
beconvinced.com/archive/en/article.php?articleid=0058&catid=10&subcatname=Jih ad, War & Terrorism

Islam: A Home Of Tolerance, Not Fanaticism
beconvinced.com/archive/en/article.php?articleid=0059&catid=10&subcatname=Jih ad, War & Terrorism

Islams Answer To The Racial Problem, by a German Deplomat
islamicvision.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=68_69&product_id=826

Al-Mufarridun
03-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Hello Bob,

Yes there are letters which the Prophet(pbuh) sent to the leaders of the time. Some of those letters, three i believe, still survive tho this day and are preserved.

I've some pictures of those letters saved in my computer, i'll upload them soon, Insha'Allah.

Al-Mufarridun
03-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Seal of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)

"Muhammad, Messenger of Allah"

Letter to Emperor Heraclius of Rome

Letter to Maqaquis king of Egypt

Letter to Kisra (Chosroe) King of Persia

Letter to King Nijaji(Negus) of Abyssinia.

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

From Muhammad (Sal Allaho Alehe Wasallam) Prophet of Allah to Negus King of Ethiopia.

I praise Allah, except Whom there is none to be worshipped, who is the Ruler of the world. He is innocent and pure free from all blemishes, defects, flaws, or shortcomings). He gives refuge and sustains all.

I do admit that Isa (Jesus) (A.S.) son of Mariam (Mary), was the soul from Allah and His word (Order), he was infused to Mariam, who was clean and proof against evil. And Isa(A.S.) was born of Mariam. Allah created him from His soul and breath in the same manner as He created Adam(A.S.) with His own hand. I invite you towards Allah the One who has no associate. Believe in Him and join me in obedience to Him. Follow me and accept my prophethood because I am the Messenger of Allah. I have wished - you well in conveying the message of Allah in all sincerity. It is up you to accept my sympathetic advice. Extend the same invitation to your subjects. I am sending my cousin Jaffer (Raziallah AnhoA.) with the other Muslims. When they reach you, treat them hospitably, by setting aside the vanity and pride of a ruler.

Peace be on him, who followed the right path.

Letter to Mundhir, Governor of Bahrain

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fivesolas
03-29-2011, 04:53 AM
wow. Thanks for sharing.

Al-Mufarridun
04-03-2011, 09:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fivesolas
wow. Thanks for sharing.
You're most welcome.

Ramadhan
04-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Can you tell us about the authenticity of the letters? Because I heard some of them are fakes
are they originals or copies?
who wrote each of them?

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
Seal of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)

"Muhammad, Messenger of Allah"

جوري
10-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Amazing thread -- guess they'd carriers and messengers to carry out the tasks of writing and delivering mail.

Hulk
10-01-2012, 12:35 PM
best bump!

hur575
10-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Brother jazak Allah for sharing these letters, subhaan Allah, the Arabic letters before the dots.

Mustafa2012
10-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Ma sha Allaah!

These letters are amazing. Jazak Allaahu khair for sharing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!