/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Women & Sports in Islam

Aprender
03-18-2011, 03:41 AM
This might sound like a series of silly questions but I am learning here. If any of you know please answer these questions for me.

1. What is the Islamic view of women playing team sports in high school? My impression is that as long as shes covered up and the teams aren't co-ed or anything like that she's good to go. But I could be wrong.

2. Can Muslim women watch games normally played by men? Meaning, is it permissible for a Muslim woman to go to an NBA game with other sisters? Or should she only go to WNBA games?

Thanks, those are the only questions that I have for now and I'd appreciate if someone could answer them for me, kindly.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Malak -
03-21-2011, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
This might sound like a series of silly questions but I am learning here. If any of you know please answer these questions for me.

1. What is the Islamic view of women playing team sports in high school? My impression is that as long as shes covered up and the teams aren't co-ed or anything like that she's good to go. But I could be wrong.

2. Can Muslim women watch games normally played by men? Meaning, is it permissible for a Muslim woman to go to an NBA game with other sisters? Or should she only go to WNBA games?

Thanks, those are the only questions that I have for now and I'd appreciate if someone could answer them for me, kindly.
1) As I know, you can play sports however you keep Hejab and your clothes as should be cover your body. of curse playing with men that includes body touch is prohibited

2) Yes, you can :)

You are welcome

Aprender
03-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Thank you :-)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!