/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New way of quoting members

Insaanah
03-19-2011, 12:18 PM
:sl:

I've noticed a new trend when people quote members with previous posts in a thread. Normally the top of the quoted area says, for example:

"Originally posted by xyz"

I've noticed an increasing trend where people are quoting like this:

"Originally posted by:"

And that's it, no name, just followed straight by the quoted text itself.

This makes it really difficult to follow the argument if you're viewing the thread, because you have to go back and read every single post to work out who said it, and what they said it in response to. This is very tedious and time consuming.

If the name is there as per the normal way of quoting, you don't have to read every single post to find where that quote is from, and only need to go to the posts of that particular member who has been quoted.

It may be that there's a reason for quoting that way that I haven't thought of, as quite a few people seem to be doing it. If so, I hope someone can enlighten me.

Jazaakumullah khayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
03-19-2011, 12:20 PM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
i noticed that too...i thought it may have been a glitch or something.

Insaanah
04-02-2011, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
i noticed that too...i thought it may have been a glitch or something.
I think you're right.

format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
i dont know whats the pbm but when i quote some one, it dont shows that member name....y is that so?
Post from: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1425787

That post also demonstrates an example of the problem with the quote in it.

I wonder if it can be fixed.

AabiruSabeel
04-02-2011, 06:50 PM

Our technical team is quite busy nowadays, but they have been notified of the problem. InshaAllah they will look into it soon.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
04-02-2011, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

Maybe this is happening in only a certain skin, because when I tried to test this on Element Blue Full Width, it works properly.

Dagless
04-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Post from: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1425787

I wonder if it can be fixed.
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Maybe this is happening in only a certain skin, because when I tried to test this on Element Blue Full Width, it works properly.
Maybe tigerkhan could tell us which skin he uses? (since all his posts quote like that). Maybe that's just how some people like to quote?

tigerkhan
04-03-2011, 04:54 AM
OMG its only pbm with my posts. ok i changed the skin and then try.

tigerkhan
04-03-2011, 05:02 AM
I've noticed a new trend when people quote members with previous posts in a thread. Normally the top of the quoted area
let check its fix or not!

tigerkhan
04-03-2011, 05:10 AM
thanks GOD, it Ok now.
i am really sorry to all members if they had feel this problem with my post. forgive me its actually technical fault. i am feeling sorry bcz i think i should fix it earlier. anyway sorry 4 that.

Insaanah
04-03-2011, 09:11 AM

^ It wasn't just your posts. At the time I posted the first post, there were at least seven different members whose quotes were like that. Most seem to be ok now, some are still like that.

Just out of interest, how did you fix it?

tigerkhan
04-04-2011, 03:41 AM
i changed the skin color. this option is in general setting. if i know it can be fixed by this i do it earlier. i was thinking it as technical fault bcz its starts when there was a frog and ice picture appeared on forum. i also change font size and color. i hope it more easy in reading than previous one.

Beardo
04-04-2011, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
thanks GOD, it Ok now.
i am really sorry to all members if they had feel this problem with my post. forgive me its actually technical fault. i am feeling sorry bcz i think i should fix it earlier. anyway sorry 4 that.
We'll have a forum-wide discussion and decide whether to forgive you for this or not. This is a serious offense.

We will now call the court in session.

Woodrow
04-04-2011, 03:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo

We'll have a forum-wide discussion and decide whether to forgive you for this or not. This is a serious offense.

We will now call the court in session.
We the Jury have made our decision. Beardo is guilty as charged. Heck he is guilty even if he isn't charged. Who has a rope so we can hang him?

Beardo
04-04-2011, 03:54 AM

tigerkhan
04-05-2011, 12:26 PM
i forgot but now i click to "by default"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!