/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Masjid with interest

Beardo
03-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Ya Allah...help us all...

This masjid founded itself on interest. They are now in $2.2 million debt. I saw their financial statement. Every month, they're responsible to pay $10,000. $2000 of which is for principle, and $8000 for interest.

First question (for our accountants), does that mean the interest is 80%?!?!

Second question, -_- What do we do in such a case? A masid can't be removed, can it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
03-20-2011, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
does that mean the interest is 80%?!?!
I don't know about the 80% because interests rates change and it also depends on how much they pay per month. If they pay more then the interest maybe less.

Cabdullahi
03-20-2011, 10:08 PM
only one solution = all the people who hold managerial positions must buy a one way ticket to Pakistan and stay there for 5 years before coming back to the US

they need to lay low for awhile

StudentIII
03-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Interest us based on the principle. So $10,000 of 2.2 million is .45% in interest. I'm not familiar with interest rates on large loans, but thats sounds very low. I thought most interest rates for a large loan were around 5%. I may be wrong.

Perhaps you guys can contact a Muslim bank and see if they would be willing to refinance. Or perhaps you can ask people who attend the Masjid for a Qada Hafsa (sp?), which is basically a loan given by them thats repaid by the masjid without interest.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
03-22-2011, 08:55 AM
It's look like the masjid took US$ 435,000 loan, with 22.5% per year interest, but in 18 years installment period ..... flat !

Is it right, brother Beardo ?.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!