/* */

PDA

View Full Version : It was a dark and stormy night.

Ali Mujahidin
03-23-2011, 03:47 AM
As salaam mualikum.

Many years ago, when Blizzard did a blitzkrieg on private servers, I told myself that one day I am going to develop an open source game that would give Blizzard a run for its money or give Blizzard's lawyers the runs, whichever comes first. I can get a server. No problem. I can get a server in a country that Blizzard cannot serve DMCA papers on. No problem. I can get a team of developers. No problem. I can get a team of developers who are itching to make Blizzard develop an acute case of gastroenteritis. No problem. I can write a story that would spin tales around what Blizzard is selling. Errr, minor problem here.

This kind of activity takes some creativity. So rather than let the idea die unborn, I am posting the beginning of the story here. Hopefully, everyone can have some fun making it grow into a full-flavored saga. It's meant to be an alternative world, a place where things are not always what they seem. Gamers should have some idea of what I am thinking about. Yet-to-be gamers are well-advised to investigate at their own risk.

So, brothers and sisters, allow me the pleasure of presenting,

Shadows of Worlds

It was a dark and stormy night (<- reputedly the worsterestest way to start a story). I was many clicks away in cyber space. Suddenly there was a blinding flash of lightning followed by a deafening clap of thunder. Everything went blank. Totally dark. Nothing showed on my computer screen. Actually I couldn't even see where it was. Or where I was. I was sitting in the middle of nowhere in a light-less void.

Then I saw a tiny, little point of light. Could be from my computer screen. Not too sure. Moved my mouse. The point of light grew. I could see my mouse pointer at the edge of the glow. It was coming from my computer screen. Maybe. I clicked. Oddly, no audio feedback. Nothing tactile, too. The point of light was now the size of a dime. And still growing. Either that or I was moving towards it. The point of light became a twirl of kaleidoscopic colors. It went round and round with increasing speed. Either that or I was spinning round and round. The visual turbulence became a sensation of sound. It became a flash of light that rang in my ears. I shut my eyes.

After my heart beat had slowed down to sub-hundred speed, I opened my eyes. One at a time. Right eye first.

I saw a green field before me. Swaying waist-high verdant rushes stretched far into the horizon. That's odd. I couldn't remember having strewn my room with any super-fast-growing grass seeds. Must be something wrong with my right eye. Time to do a double-check. I opened my left eye.

And looked right into another eye. A big eye. Make that a very big eye. Bigger than my face. So near I could see the fine lines of the retina. Fine red lines. Red like in bloody red.

... to be continued.

So please feel free to add on to this story. Or give your comments and suggestions. Insha Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S.Belle
03-23-2011, 05:26 AM
really great mashallah
post more soon

Faatin
03-23-2011, 10:14 PM
It's interesting. I was in the eating one of my favorite deserts reading this, and while reading, I stopped the fork midway cuz I was so into reading it LOL.

Muhaba
03-29-2011, 11:49 AM
i may not be a good game storyline writer, since i haven't played any games in a long time. however, i decided to give this a try. here it is.

"wsh wak wsh wsh" it said.

screaming, i turned around and ran as fast as i could. being extremely thin, that was quite fast. i could feel that the thing with the bloody red eye saying weird things in a strange languige was behind me. from the sound it was making, it seemed like it was gliding on the grass.

i ran and ran and ran, hoping and praying i could outrun it. coming to a grassy hill, i climbed it. however once on top, i saw that i was stuck. over the edge, i could see blue waters for miles and nothing else. turning around, i saw that "wshy wky" was coming toward me. it had a horrendous face and two anteaneas and didn't seem to be friendly at all. turning to my right, i saw a little platform leading to a disc like thing a few feet away floating in the air. with nothing else to try, i ran to the disc and jumped onto it, hoping i wouldn't fall. as soon as my feet touched the disc, it started to move away from the hill.

i looked around me into the endless space. when i turned my head, the flying disc seemed to change direction to whichever side i looked, seemingly being controlled by my eyes. wondering if it could read my thoughts, i thought about increasing speed, and that's exactly what happened. thinkig of reducing speed, it slowed down a bit. it seemed to be controlled by thoughts. that was pretty strange as i didn't know of any such technology especially since there was no wires or anything. i wondered if wshy wky was following me since i couldn't hear it. turning around to look back at the hill, i saw the humongous greeny thingy standing on the platform with its anteaneas moving. looking back in front of me, i saw several discs in the distance coming toward me. there seemed to be other similar creatures on them. what was i supposed to do now? i didn't have a gun or anything to defend myself. the only thing i could do was move away from them as fast as i could. no sooner did i think this, then the disc i was standing on increased speed so fast the things around me looked like long rays of light.

i wondered where it was taking me and whether i would be able to escape those weird creatures and whether i would get any weapons to defend myself. those were my thoughts when the disc i was flying on came to a sudden stop.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!