/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yet More Art

Little_Lion
03-24-2011, 04:11 PM
I am going to be cautious with this . . . I posted a thread earlier this week asking about art and Islam, because the last thing I want to do is create something, share it, and then cause offense to the Ummah or Allah. The thread was here :
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...rts-islam.html

Unfortunately it did not get many replies, so until I get a better feel for things, I will post work in the form of links and give the best description I can so that people can know what to expect to see, and make an educated decision on their own if they would like to click through. However, if a moderator would care to weigh in on what is appropriate for posting and what is not (although I think common sense can rule out SOME things! :D ) I would be most thankful.

I have been an artist for many years prior to my reversion, and now that I have come to Allah I am working on a project, to make a screensaver for the 99 names of Allah. I'm working on the first piece right now, a simple landscape. But I thought I would share a piece of my older work that I hope would not cause affront. If I do, Allah forgive me for my transgression and I hope that my friends here can understand I mean to cause no offense!

For those who choose to look, the work in the link was drawn for my daughter, who suggested the animals involved when she was six. It shows anthropomorphic animals (that would be, animals who would walk on two legs and have hands, much like Bugs Bunny or many Disney cartoons) as pirates, looking off the deck of their ship. It was done on a Wacom 3 tablet (I have since upgraded) in Photoshop, and is digitally painted from scratch.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/...th/Land_Ho.jpg

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zuzubu
03-24-2011, 04:40 PM
great mashallah :statisfie

Human_Being
03-24-2011, 04:57 PM
U have a great talent mashaAllah, I agree sis its confusing like cos of the different opinions its really hard to tell if its forbidden or not. Iv seen enuf evidence to convince me not to draw anime peopl or animals ane more like but I dont hav it to hand to show u so im not gonna tell you u shuldnt but its out there if you look u can find mane enterpertations sometimes its better to play it safe and not do it if theres ane doubt or possibility in yur mind that its wrong. Anywey ur good at what u do, mashAllah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!