/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about MORNING PRAYER (7:00 AM)

OriginalSonnet
03-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Salaam

I was wonder how the proper morning prayer should be done.

Should I wake up, shower for Wudu and Bismillah, eat breakfast and then offer my prayer ?

or

should I wake up do Bismillah/Wudu and then pray.... Eating my breakfast afterwards?

I am a bit confused on this process....

Thank you again, Salaam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zuzubu
03-24-2011, 07:48 PM
I make wudhu, then pray, then eat. =) I don't think there is any diffrences. But wudhuu before salah is best.

Ghazalah
03-24-2011, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
I make wudhu, then pray, then salah. =) I don't think there is any diffrences. But wudhuu before salah is best.
Salah and pray are the same thing?

I don't see why there is confusion as to what to do? :hmm: However it's best to pray Salah in its correct timing inshAllah. :)

Zuzubu
03-24-2011, 07:59 PM
typo.

But it is sunnah to make prayer after Wudhuu, however it is accepted anyways.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
OriginalSonnet
03-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Salaam, well my confusion is whether to feed myself first, really.
Thanks for your answers.

Hamza Asadullah
03-24-2011, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OriginalSonnet
Salaam, well my confusion is whether to feed myself first, really.
Thanks for your answers.
Asalaamu Alaikum, Men should strive to pray Fajr with congregation. After salaah if one is able to then one should worship Allah by reciting Qur'an and doing dhikr until 15-20 minutes after sunrise and then pray Salaatul Ishraaq. After that one should have breakfast and then pray salaatul duhaa.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Tyrion
03-24-2011, 08:12 PM
As far as I know, the important thing is that you pray Fajr within the appropriate time... If you choose to wake up early and eat before you make wudu and pray... That's fine. It doesn't really matter, just as long as you make Salah at the right time.

format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
But it is sunnah to make prayer after Wudhuu, however it is accepted anyways.
I've never heard of this... Care to clarify?

Ghazalah
03-24-2011, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
I've never heard of this... Care to clarify?
I think he was talking about Bilal, he would pray 2 rakats directly after making whudhu, the Prophet then heard his footsteps in Jannah and he asked what do you that has given you the high status, he said after Whudhu I pray two rakats. < Paraphrased! :p I will look for the hadith. But I don't think it's Sunnah.

Tyrion
03-24-2011, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
I think he was talking about Bilal, he would pray 2 rakats directly after making whudhu, the Prophet then asked him he heard his footsteps in Jannah and he asked what do you that has given you the high status, he said after Whudhu I pray two rakats. < Paraphrased! I will look for the hadith. But I don't think it's Sunnah.
Ah, I see... Thanks for the clarification sis. :p

Ghazalah
03-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said to Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him): “Tell me about the best of your deeds (i.e. one which you deem the most rewarding) since your embracing Islam because I heard your footsteps in front of me in Paradise.” Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him) replied: “I do not consider any act of mine more rewarding than that whenever I make ablution at any time of night or day, I perform Prayer for as much as was destined for me to do.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)”

:)

Ramadhan
03-25-2011, 02:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OriginalSonnet
I was wonder how the proper morning prayer should be done. Should I wake up, shower for Wudu and Bismillah, eat breakfast and then offer my prayer ? or should I wake up do Bismillah/Wudu and then pray.... Eating my breakfast afterwards? I am a bit confused on this process.... Thank you again, Salaam.

As others have also clarified,

it does not matter if you eat before you offer your shalah or after, the most important thing is to do your shalah within the right time, so for fajr (morning) shalah, you need to do it within the time when it is still dark with the very very first of ray of sun is out, to the time when it is sunrise (but not yet full rise).
And this schedule move according to the season, so in the winter you may be able to offer shalah fajr at 7 am, but in the summer you may have to do it at 5 am.

Also, you must be in a state of wudoo when you do your shalah, otherwise your shalah is invalid. Hence I suggest you take wudoo right before shalah.

awaiskazmi11
03-25-2011, 05:55 AM
naidamar clarified well.
However i would like to add something that performing ablution(Wuzoo) is necessary in the Fajr prayer because when someone sleep , wuzoo becomes compulsory . So whenever you would sleep during the day , you will have to do wudoo before offering namaz,
Jazakallah

SAKER
05-03-2011, 09:37 PM
- pray in Arabic is salah الصلاة

- Always do woudu´ then salah ...we can´t do pray without it .

-Morning salah is Al fajr afterwards when the sun is up we can do a sunnah pray ..it s a Doha optional pray can be 2 rakat or more...

If i did any mistake plz correct me

al yunan
05-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Walaikum Salam brother,
Depending on Mathab:
After Subh when sun has fully risen there are 2 Rakaa Nafl or Suna Ghair Muakida
After the sun has fully rissen and up to 1 hour before Thuhr there are 2, 4, or ( 8 ) Rakaa of Dhuha (8 is the most common)
Is this what you wanted to know ?
Masalam

Ramadhan
05-04-2011, 01:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
After Subh there are 2 Rakaa Nafl or Suna Ghair Muakida

This should BEFORE subh, as it is forbidden to pray shalah right after subh.

al yunan
05-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Assalamu alaikum brother Saker,

Inshallah To make it clearer,

Terminologies depended on Mathab

There are two Rakat Sunna Muakida / Wajib / Sunna
Before the the Fard Rakatain of of Subh,

While the sun rises all forms of prayer are forbidden

After sun has risen and it's established as the time of Ishraq

There are 2 Rakaa Ghair Muakida / Nafl / Ishraq

After the sun has fully risen past Ishraq and up to 1 hour before Dhuhr

There are 2, 4, or ( 8 ) Rakaa of Dhuha (8 is the most common) Nafl / Ghair Muakida

I apologise again for the omissions and un-clarity but I don't have Edit rights yet.
Masalam

SAKER
05-28-2011, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
Assalamu alaikum brother Saker,

Inshallah To make it clearer,

Terminologies depended on Mathab

There are two Rakat Sunna Muakida / Wajib / Sunna
Before the the Fard Rakatain of of Subh,

While the sun rises all forms of prayer are forbidden

After sun has risen and it's established as the time of Ishraq

There are 2 Rakaa Ghair Muakida / Nafl / Ishraq

After the sun has fully risen past Ishraq and up to 1 hour before Dhuhr

There are 2, 4, or ( 8 ) Rakaa of Dhuha (8 is the most common) Nafl / Ghair Muakida

I apologise again for the omissions and un-clarity but I don't have Edit rights yet.
Masalam

Yes that is it ,all right ..

We agree with all this .....

What is crucial is the obligation to do the Fajr prayer sooooo imortant and Aicha

that wht make you out of Mounafikin list

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!