/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question for the sisters about hijab decoration

Little_Lion
03-25-2011, 12:58 AM
I LOVE doing crafts, and especially enjoy embroidery. If some sisters could offer insight as to their opinions, insha'Allah, where is the "drawing line" between decoration and drawing attention to one's self in various Islamic cultures? I would love to embroider my hijab, but don't want to be stared at!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
03-25-2011, 02:10 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum, i know you requested sisters to answer this question but just thought i would give you my input.

Allah says in the Qur'an:

and not to show off their adornment…”

So when a women goes out then she must not wear embroided or decorated adornment, clothing or outer garments lest she may attract gazes of others, unwanted attention and provoke desires and temptations which is contrary to the purpose of hijaab.

She may wear embroided adornment in front of her mahrams and anything she wants in front of her husband but not in front of non mahrams or the outside world for she is a jewel hidden from the gaze of those not meant to see her beauty for her beauty is only for the eyes of her husband.

So you should certainly desist from wearing adornment and decorating clothing and hijaab when you go out but may do so in front of your mahrams and partner.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Thgis also includes perfumes for a women must not wear scented perfume when going out which will leave a trail of scented perfume behind her.

Faatin
03-25-2011, 02:22 AM
What about those hijabs that they sell at masjids, that are decorated like kind of sparkly and colorful? Yet they still cover your hair and neck and stuff rly well? Are we allowed to wear hijabs of other colors beside black and white?

Little_Lion
03-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Or to add to sis Faatin's question, what about decorative hijab pins and brooches that are commonly sold on Islamic store websites? This is why I asked about the various cultures, as I know the definition of "decoration" can vary by region.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Faatin
03-25-2011, 02:58 AM
Yeah like what if we wear it for ourselves and not with the intention to look good for the opposite sex o.O
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
Or to add to sis Faatin's question, what about decorative hijab pins and brooches that are commonly sold on Islamic store websites? This is why I asked about the various cultures, as I know the definition of "decoration" can vary by region.

Innocent Soul
03-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Sister you can do embroidery on the dresses which you wear at home or while going to someone's home. :><:. I think these articles will help you.

http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/39570/

Little_Lion
03-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Sis Sayifa, that does help greatly, Jazak'Allah khayr! As in the future I may do some for others, insha'Allah, I shall be sure to specify that they are for the home.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!