/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Day

Ami
03-25-2011, 04:56 PM
My mother is Christian but I am Muslim and she isn't aware of my religion so I am wondering what does Islam say about celebrating Mothers day as I think it came from a Christian tradition even though I never viewed it as a religious day.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-25-2011, 05:39 PM
:sl:

This is not as much of as issue as some of us make it to be. We are all obligated to respect our mothers and treat them with love and kindness. this should be done everyday, not just on one day of the year. Treat your Mother the same every day and visit your mother as often as possible. give your Mother gifts as often as you can and do not reserve it just for Mother's day.

Consider Mother's Day the same as you do any day, and treat your Mother the same as you should every day. Make everyday Mother's day and you will have no need to concern yourself over any day labelled as Mother's Day.

Little_Lion
03-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Mother's Day is not a Christian holiday, it is a Hallmark holiday! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day_%28U.S.%29

Some version of Mother's Day is celebrated in many cultures, even in Arabic countries. However, it is not an Islamic holiday, and celebrations should be for Allah alone. Personally, and Allah forgive me for any weakness for He is all-knowing, I'd still take her out for lunch if you feel it right, for we should always honor our mothers!

yas2010
03-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Consider Mother's Day the same as you do any day, and treat your Mother the same as you should every day. Make everyday Mother's day and you will have no need to concern yourself over any day labelled as Mother's Day.
Everyday is mothers day.

:)

from a mum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
03-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Why not give her gifts and all outside of Mothers' Day? :O Eid!

nature
03-25-2011, 06:50 PM
:sl:

Its just another money making opportunity for all the big companies out there. pretend you forgot ? & yeh just buy her someat extra on eid, by which point you mite have told her about changing faith. dont stress, not many non muslims celebrate this, from where i am.

:wa:

Ami
03-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the replies and yes I agree all days we should treat our mum like its mothers day.

noorseeker
03-27-2011, 07:19 AM
our mums are not aware of mothers day lol

Ghazalah
03-27-2011, 08:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
our mums are not aware of mothers day lol
:giggling: Some. :D

Ali Hammuda
03-22-2016, 04:19 PM
Whoever only recognises his mother's virtue on mothers day is disobedient. Indeed, mother's day is for those who'd forgotten her throughout the year.

"And say, 'My Lord, have mercy on them both just as they'd raised me when I was young'" (Al-Qur'an)

If you're able to not allow a day to pass without asking them both to be pleased with you, then be sure to do so.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!