/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The What Did You Learn Today Thread...

Pages : 1 [2]

Haya emaan
04-30-2011, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion

Of course you are right,dear sister :statisfie As your rep points increase,greenies will increase.You get one greenie after 100 points but after 7oo points,greenie will increase on 200 :statisfie i think im right :p

And if you collect negative reps :p greenies will turn Red :D
ohww..!! this is what i have learned right now...:p
thankx sista...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Revert 2010
04-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Today I learnt that I haven't seen Friends in ages even though I own the box set but still love to watch some episodes from time to time and I always wondered why Chandler was not as funny as Joey towards the end of the series. Also that Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards, and are on the Australian coat of arms for that reason. *

Woodrow
05-01-2011, 02:46 AM
I learned to never be surprised by North Dakota weather. Yesterday the temp got up to 70F today it snowed and the temp is 27F

Revert 2010
05-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Today I learnt that Manchester United lost sob sob, then had to breathe into a brown paper bag to relax lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
05-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Today I learnt that 'Revert 2010' likes to talk about Manchester United. ;D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-01-2011, 05:33 PM
^me too.

I learnt that my kitten likes to look at the scenery outside ofcourse through the window.

BintAbee
05-01-2011, 08:30 PM
I learnt that:
1. The two sahaba, Mu'adh and Mu'awwath (Radiyallahu 3nhuma) that killed Abu Jahl in Badr were just 16 years old;

2. Jabir bin Abdullah (Radiyallahu 3nh) was 16 years old when he migrated to Abyssinia;

3. Abdullah bin Umar (radiyallahu 3nh) took part in a battle at the age of 15;

4. Abdullah Yazeed al Ansari (radiyallahu 3nh) took the pledge of Ridwan at 17 years old;

5. Usamah bin Zaid (radiyallahu 3nh) led the muslim army against the Romans when he was 17 years old;

6. Rafi3 bin Khudaij and Samurah bin Jundub (radiyallahu 3nhuma) took part in Uhud at the age of 14;

7. Zaid bin Arqam (radiyallahu 3nh) was 16 years old when he heard the conversation of Abdullah bin Ubay bin Salool against Nabi (sallallahu 3laihi wa sallam) and he informed Nabi (sallallahu 3laihi wa sallam) about it. Abdullah denied it and Allah revealed Sura Munaafiqoon in the defence of Zaid (radiyallahu 3nh)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-01-2011, 09:20 PM
^Subhaan'Allaah amazing. I learnt that too.

Chavundur
05-01-2011, 10:07 PM
1. Love of rank is twenty times dangerous than other body desires. (Major examples : Pharaoh and Satan has lost and misled due to that love )

S.Belle
05-01-2011, 10:16 PM
I learnt that autistic children are less likey to yawn when they see someone else yawn bc they have a less active mirror neuron system

AmineH
05-02-2011, 04:30 PM
I learnt cheating in an exam needs a high intelligence.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I learnt that the 'Osama Bin Laden has been killed' thread gained 5,761 views in 13 hours. In 6 hours it gained like 2,000 something. I have never seen that many viewers for any other thread that quick.

S.Belle
05-02-2011, 04:58 PM
^ wowsers that is alot mashallah

I learnt that our dear sister Lily has returned back to the forum WOOT! lol
and that St. Pierre won his fight yay!

BintAbee
05-02-2011, 05:27 PM
I learnt that if I don't study for my skills test tomorrow, I'm gonna be in trouble :S

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-02-2011, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amineh75
I learnt cheating in an exam needs a high intelligence.
Cheating in an examination is an art and I have perfected that art. ;D

Re.TiReD
05-02-2011, 08:26 PM
I learnt that all I needed was to be alone in a nice sunny room with nasheeds blasting and time at my disposal to get through the work that I've been putting off for the last few months. Alhamdulillah I dunnit today :D

I also learnt that I enjoy teaching poetry, fiction and non-fiction in that order, and the poetry unit I'm teaching at the moment has been by far the best alhamdulillah cept this only goes for ks2, for ks1 I prefer teaching fiction, poetry and then non-fiction, simply because my Year 1's don't really understand the concept of rhyming yet.

I think I'm going to learn also that nobody really cares what I learnt.

7am, 1pm, 10pm ... :wub: <3

al yunan
05-02-2011, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qasid
I mean you must forgive those who have hurt you
I hope to that's what was meant otherwise that would be really scarry.

Therefore I learned today don't trust everything others learn !
Masalam

yas2010
05-02-2011, 08:35 PM
I think I'm going to learn also that nobody really cares what I learnt.
Of course we care :)

I learnt that my little 7 yr old daughter can join her letters when writing. Mash'Allah.

I also learnt that Sister Vales Lily is back. Subhan'Allah glad to have you back dear sis.

Reflections
05-02-2011, 08:49 PM
I learnt about descriptive ethics, normative ethics and meta-ethics.

Revert 2010
05-02-2011, 09:45 PM
We do care sis Flawed, today I learnt that a place in Edgware road does the best ever milkshakes I think I may be addicted and may need to go cold turkey. Also I learnt that the Dutch, on average are the tallest people.

S.Belle
05-02-2011, 11:09 PM
I learnt how to make Chicken Parmigiana

BintAbee
05-03-2011, 05:50 PM
I learnt how to remove a helmet from a trauma victim.

Endymion
05-03-2011, 06:11 PM
I learn something today :)

NAILS IN THE FENCE

Make sure you
read all the way down t o the last sentence.

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper... His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.

The first day
the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence... Over the next Over the next
few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily
gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence. Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all.

He told his
father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his
temper.

The days
passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father
took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, 'You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will
never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. But It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound will still be there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one.

Re.TiReD
05-03-2011, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert 2010
We do care sis Flawed, today I learnt that a place in Edgware road does the best ever milkshakes I think I may be addicted and may need to go cold turkey. .
I've learnt that I really hate cold turkeys. Or I just really hate having to go there.

format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010

Of course we care :)
:wub:

I've learnt that I think in American :ooh:

Ghazalah
05-03-2011, 09:15 PM
I learnt that having chilli gives me sore lips for days imsad

Reflections
05-03-2011, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one.
I'd say it's worse than physical wound. The saying 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me'..don't know who's living that fairytale..nor do I agree with whoever came up with that...maybe as a child you might convince yourself as a rebuke against the name calling by bullies..not I don't think it's something to be taught to children.

Woodrow
05-03-2011, 11:48 PM
I learned it is a mistake to buy something today with money you plan to get tomorrow. (I also learned how much my bank charges for overdraft fees)

Ramadhan
05-04-2011, 01:27 AM
I learned this morning that you can wake up with upset stomach if you gorged yourself on extremely spicy food the night before.

BintAbee
05-04-2011, 06:13 PM
I learnt about Diabetic foot

Reflections
05-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I've learnt some people say 'learned' and some people say 'learnt'

Revert 2010
05-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Today I learnt that I need to budget more so I may need an accountant or PA, plus to never to shut the door on a situation as Allah always provides a solution and he knows best : ). One more thing Man Utd are in the champions League final woo hoo starts to jig.

Revert 2010
05-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Today I learnt that life is beautiful, also that Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

Re.TiReD
05-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Arrow with a honey coated point. That's what life is. Shot straight into your heart when you least expect it. At times the point hurts more than its sweetness. Both pleasure and pain are temporary states though, alhamdulillah.

Reflections
05-05-2011, 11:55 PM
I learnt that if you be mindful of Allah, then Allah will be mindful of you. If you remember Allah in times of ease, Allah will remember you in times of difficulty.

Ghazalah
05-06-2011, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
I've learnt some people say 'learned' and some people say 'learnt'
Americans say 'learned' us Brits say 'learnt' :D

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Today I learnt that I deserve a holiday today and working on Active Directory is child's play.

al yunan
05-06-2011, 03:41 AM
Today I learned that if you are Diabetic don't look at Cake posts or food posts

Salahudeen
05-07-2011, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
Today I learnt that I deserve a holiday today and working on Active Directory is child's play.
You an active directory master then? :p

Today I learnt how to configure security on switch ports and why we use the mac-address sticky command. I also learnt the difference between full duplex communication and half duplex. Full duplex is much better because no collisions occur due to the fact that data travels across 2 different wires, one for sending and one for receiving, however with half duple, data only travels across a single wire hence more collisions occur, because a device could be receiving a reply whilst it's sending. Half duplex also has performance issues due to constant waiting because data can only travel in one direction at a time.

Re.TiReD
05-09-2011, 08:22 PM
I learnt that today, it's the first time in forever that i've gone to sleep whilst it's still light out. Ah the joys of being ill :D feels weird, i need darkness.

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-09-2011, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
You an active directory master then?
However i dont like it. I am a unix system admin and they are making me to work on silly windows...

Ghazalah
05-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Today I learnt that no matter what, Allah is my availer and protector, and whatever comes my way let it come, I will not face it alone.

اللهم اجعل لساني عاما بذكرك وقلبي بخشيتك انك على ما تشاء قدير وأنت حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

"Allahumma ijal leesanee 'aiman bi dhikrika wa qalbi bi khashyatika. Innaka 'ala ma-tasha'u qadeer wa anta hasbun-allahu wa na'mal wakeel"

Oh Allah! Make my tongue full of your remembrance and my heart with consciousness of you. Oh Allah! You do whatever you wish, and you are my availer and protector and best of aid."

Bintulislam
05-10-2011, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Today I learnt that no matter what, Allah is my availer and protector, and whatever comes my way let it come, I will not face it alone.

اللهم اجعل لساني عاما بذكرك وقلبي بخشيتك انك على ما تشاء قدير وأنت حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

"Allahumma ijal leesanee 'aiman bi dhikrika wa qalbi bi khashyatika. Innaka 'ala ma-tasha'u qadeer wa anta hasbun-allahu wa na'mal wakeel"

Oh Allah! Make my tongue full of your remembrance and my heart with consciousness of you. Oh Allah! You do whatever you wish, and you are my availer and protector and best of aid."

I SO wanted to type the same.:)

Bintulislam
05-10-2011, 12:55 AM

I SO wanted to type the same words.:)

BintAbee
05-11-2011, 02:21 PM
I learnt about substance abuse, about how medicine affects the lives, personalities and general functioning of doctors/medical students and I also learnt about opportunistic infections in HIV/AIDS.

Revert 2010
05-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Today I learnt that spicy chicken kebab with chilli sauce is a bad idea the meat sweats quickly kicked in quickly lol, I also learnt that seems like ages since I posted here : ).

BintAbee
05-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Over the past 2 days, I learnt about alcohol and it's effects on individuals and I can only praise and thank Allah for Islam and the prohibition of intoxicants over and over again. Al7amdulillah!

ardianto
05-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Today I learnt, .......... SEO is a greatest mystery for a beginner in internet marketing like me. :D

Re.TiReD
05-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Today i learnt i am not as alone as i felt a week ago :D alhamdulillah moving on slowly but surely..

peace_maker
05-14-2011, 05:04 PM
I learnt that dua-al-safar is mentioned in the Quran.

BintAbee
05-14-2011, 05:08 PM
I learnt that it's very important to verify something before promoting it.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Today (recently) I learned that if you walk through a drive through, people give you funny looks.

Re.TiReD
05-14-2011, 10:30 PM
I learnt that I am a visual learner, I learnt it on Tuesday

IslamicRevival
05-15-2011, 01:59 AM
I learnt lack of sleep can kill you physically and mentally :muddlehea

Ramadhan
05-15-2011, 03:21 AM
I learnt that procrastination caused me to have to forgo a night's sleep, which may kill me ^ :skeleton:

BintAbee
05-15-2011, 05:09 AM
I learnt that the best Qira'ah is at Fajr and I also learnt that sleep is a very overpowering thing

زهراء
05-15-2011, 10:46 AM
I've learnt never to give in to yourself as you will keep giving in and in the end, it's harmful to nobody but yourself

Ghazalah
05-15-2011, 05:04 PM
I learnt that working at home is as sufficient as working in the Library. :mmokay:

Woodrow
05-15-2011, 06:27 PM
I learned that Allaah(swt) truly hears our du'as

Haya emaan
05-15-2011, 06:38 PM
i learnt that when you are lost trust Allah and he will show you the way

BintAbee
05-15-2011, 09:41 PM
I learnt that Allah always does what's best for us. Al7amdulillah!

IslamicRevival
05-16-2011, 06:12 AM
Ive learnt what im suffering, a headache, albeit a bad one :( is nothing compared to what most people are suffering around the world

Haya emaan
05-17-2011, 06:32 PM
this is what i learned today

there are two kinds of food one that we eat and fulfill our hunger but it dosnt gives any benefit to our body.. and the other which is full of nutrients and when eaten is digested and absorbed by our blood fulfilling all the necessities of a body and giving strength to it..
the iman we actually need is not like the first type of food i.e just acceptance but the one like second type of food. i.e after acceptance its affects can be seen on our body and character.

Haya emaan
05-17-2011, 06:38 PM
and also i learned this
"Their way of request therein will be Subhanaka Allahumma (Glory to You, O Allah!) and Salam (peace, safe from each and every evil) will be their greetings therein (Paradise)! and the close of their request will be: Al-Hamdu Lillahi Rabbil-'Alamin [All the praises and thanks are to Allah, the Lord of 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)]."
surah yunus ayah 10

in its tafseer it was mentioned that the people of jannah even after entering it will never forget to give thanks to Allah (SWT) and not be lost in what they will be given.. thier saleh character they have nourished in this earth will be their with them in jannah

Ghazalah
05-17-2011, 06:50 PM
I learnt that being really conscious of Allah and knowing he is actaully watching can stop you from committing minor sins. It's an amazing feeling, which before I never thought I could feel, alhamdillah.

BintAbee
05-17-2011, 08:19 PM
:sl:

I learnt about antibiotics, infections, anti-hypertensives, anti-arrythmics, anti-platelets and pharmacological treatment of cardiac failure :phew

:w:

Reflections
05-17-2011, 09:33 PM
I learnt about senematics and the hedonic calculus.

ardianto
05-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Today I learnt a good lesson for courier agent

"Do not too easy to believe what the customer say, and don't forget to check what they will send"

Yesterday, two guys came to my office brought two medium size boxes. They told my employee those were garments. We did not check those good and then we sent those to departure point.

Today I got a phone call from main branch.
"Did you receive shipping goods number ......."
"I did" I reply
"And what was the customer told you about those goods ?"
"Garments"
"Garments ?, ......... those are two live phyton snakes !!!, ........... you know ?!!!"

:heated:

I got warning. But I still wonder,how could those phytons breathed in the closed boxes?.

Ramadhan
05-19-2011, 08:26 AM
phyton snakes??

I think I'd passed out if I unknowingly open a box containing two phytons.

One time I was staying for the weekend at my uncle's who has several exotic animals as pets. When I woke up in the morning, next to me in my bed was this large sized phyton, put there by my cousin as practical joke. Suffice to say, I didnt come back to my uncle's to stay for a long time.

Revert 2010
05-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Today I learnt that I really enjoy modern art and artists such as Tracey Emin,Damien Hurst and that I have to go and see Tracey Emin's new exhibition as well.

BintAbee
05-19-2011, 05:54 PM
There's a new book named "Mornings in Jenin" and I want to read it

Revert 2010
05-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Today I learnt that wearing too many layers makes me look like am wearing the whole contents of my wardrobe lol

زهراء
05-20-2011, 05:55 PM
I've learnt that no matter how much of sin we commit, Allah is still merciful and and answers our Du'aas

peace_maker
05-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Today, I learnt that getting bit by spiders won't give any spidey powers. :(

Ghazalah
05-20-2011, 07:16 PM
I learnt that the person you love will not always care about how you feel.

I learnt that at the time of Prophet, when they committed a sin, it ate them up inside, yet we commit so much in a day and still wake up without a care in the world.

I learnt that Skittles has a new blue favour in the pack which I'm not yet fond of. <_<

BintAbee
05-20-2011, 07:39 PM
I learnt that folding your arms may relieve pain..

Ghazalah
05-20-2011, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee
I learnt that folding your arms may relieve pain..
Serious? :confused: What pain?

BintAbee
05-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Serious? :confused: What pain?
Yeh, I was just as surprised. Check this article out: http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displaya...alth_May43.xml

Revert 2010
05-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Today I learnt that a gentleman in China can blow up a balloon with his ears which was pretty insane, I also learnt that a player that plays for my team has been a naughty boy.

Ghazalah
05-22-2011, 02:40 PM
I also learnt that a player that plays for my team has been a naughty boy.
I was so surprised, he would have been the last person on my list to have done something like that!

I learnt that not going to the gym for 2+ months will take its toll when you finally decide to join again! :exhausted:

Revert 2010
05-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Ghaz today we are being presented with the league, I gave up the gym I go for long walks instead. I have a really sweet tooth so need to lay off chocolate.

زهراء
05-23-2011, 04:18 AM
Certain things that I do simply waste my time. I don't gain anything from it nor do I help anyone else. I should rather do something beneficial and interesting.

elina
05-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Today I learned that when your pc freezes hitting every key there is does not solve the problem :(

BintAbee
05-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Learnt about illegal drugs and their effects. Disgusting!

Revert 2010
05-28-2011, 12:53 AM
Today I learnt that silly people throw eggs from moving cars because I wore a certain football top luckily they missed lol otherwise I'd look like an omelette lol.

Endymion
05-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Today i read this and gain some wisdom :)

It is reported that Shurayh – {Allâh have mercy on him} – said:-

“If I am afflicted with a calamity,

I praise Allâh for it four {4} times:

#1/ I praise Him because it wasn’t worse than it was.

#2/ I praise Him when He gives me the patience to bear it.

#3/ I praise Him for enabling me to say al-istirjâ’ ~‘To Allâh we belong and to him we will return’.

{in hope of a great reward}

{Al-Baqarah: 154-156}

and
#4/ I praise Him for not making it a calamity in my religion.”

Source:-Al-Dhahabî, Siyar A’lâm Al-Nubalâ`, in his biography of Shurayh Al-Qâdî.

زهراء
05-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Today I've learnt that the fact that everyone's is doing something, doesn't make it right and I can stand alone for what is right

sister herb
05-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Today I learn that if weather forecast looks like this

then it is better not to forget umbrella when go to out...

S.Belle
05-29-2011, 12:21 AM
I learnt that i have to stop eating ice cream and frozen yogurt ....:cry:

زهراء
05-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Today I've learnt that only YOU can really discipline yourself

Riana17
05-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Today I learned that, my sister in law's noodles is the best!!!
i can eat it 3/day 18/week

BintAbee
05-29-2011, 01:52 PM
I've learnt that not everyone shares the same values.

Ghazalah
05-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Today I learnt I am the best player on the wii in the house :D

And I learnt how Umm Salamah's sons arm was ripped off imsad

bintYahya
05-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Today I learned to disassemble and reassemble a laptop on my own.

And now my laptop works so much better than before - maybe because I removed a thick layer of dust from inside the fan.

Misz_Muslimah
05-29-2011, 07:41 PM
It is easy to criticise something, yet difficult to improve it...

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...criticize.html

Revert 2010
05-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Today I learnt that I could pull a muscle from smiling too much lol

Who Am I?
05-30-2011, 12:00 AM
I've learned many things about Islam in the week or so that I have been here.

BintAbee
05-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Learnt about the anaesthetic machine, pre-op assessment and managing an airway

Revert 2010
05-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Today I learnt that using that some mobile phones have been branded cancer risks by some scientists, am also addicted to playing scrabble online as well.

BintAbee
06-02-2011, 02:19 PM
I learnt that I can't wait to go home

Who Am I?
06-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Yesterday I learned that everything I have been taught about religion may in fact be wrong.

But that may be all right... :D

Endymion
06-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Today,while reciting Quran,i came accross this ayah and learn to behave good any way.To repel evil with good in every possible way.I have decided to practice this from today,Inshallah.May He SWT be with me in my good intensions.Amen.

(O Prophet), good and evil are not equal. Repel (evil) with that which is good, and you will see that he, between whom and you there was enmity, shall become as if he were a bosom friend (of yours).But none attains to this except those who are steadfast;38 none attains to this except those endowed with mighty good fortune.
Chapterr 41.Ha Meem.Verse 34-35.

Salahudeen
06-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Today I learnt how the OSI networking model works I think, basically there's 7 layers and data travels down each layer, and at each layer something specific occurs, I didn't understand the point of the session and presentation layers, but I understood the Transport and Network layer, and I learnt how to put static routes into a router and subnet a network with 1 ip address.

Endymion
06-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Once upon a time there was a king,who had 1 eye and 1 leg.He asked all the painters to draw a beautiful picture of his but no one was ready to draw.As,how come they show him beautiful with defects in 1 eye and leg.
One day,a painter agree to draw his picture and he drew a classic picture of that king.It was a fantastic picture that surprised all the people.He painted the king aiming for a hunt,targeting with one eye closed and one leg bent for it.

Why cant we all paint others picture like this?Hiding their weaknesses and Highlighting their strengths.
When we hide others weaknesses,Allah SWT will hide ours in this world and in the here after.

Revert 2010
06-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Today I learnt that I'm thankful for all the great people in my life and thankful to Allah who continues to guide me and sustain me. Today I also learnt that a giraffes tounge is 18 inches long.

Who Am I?
06-03-2011, 03:17 AM
Today I learned a little more Arabic.

Who Am I?
06-06-2011, 04:20 AM
Today I learned a lot about myself and about Islam. I learned about wudu before prayer, observed some prayer, and talked to a brother for a good long while.

I learned that I don't have to tell my parents about my conversion. I can just let my actions be my witness, inshallah.

That does make me feel better about some things.

Today was a good day, mashallah.

Riana17
06-06-2011, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Today I learned a lot about myself and about Islam. I learned about wudu before prayer, observed some prayer, and talked to a brother for a good long while.

I learned that I don't have to tell my parents about my conversion. I can just let my actions be my witness, inshallah.

Salam brother,
Did I understand that perfectly, you are a Muslim now???

Masha Allah!!!

May you pass all the trials & May Allah shower His Blessings and Mercy on you forever, Ameen

Woodrow
06-06-2011, 07:19 AM

Does this mean we get to welcome you home?

Who Am I?
06-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Sorry to get everyone all excited.

Not quite yet, but I feel that it will be very soon. I feel more at peace with this than I have before.

When the time comes, I will let you know.

Woodrow
06-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Sorry to get everyone all excited.

Not quite yet, but I feel that it will be very soon. I feel more at peace with this than I have before.

When the time comes, I will let you know.
The temptation to sneak up behind you and give you a little shove. But, to take that last step has to be yourown choice. You have to take it because you know it is the right step, not because any human wants you to take it.

BintAbee
06-06-2011, 02:31 PM
I learnt that we might very soon have a new member of our big Islamic family ..

I also learnt about acid, base and electrolyte disturbances; administration of fluids and blood; geriatric anaesthesio; anaesthesio in trauma patients; endocrine anaesthesio and anaesthesio in obese patients

Woodrow
06-06-2011, 02:40 PM
I learned that if I make one my post my name, on the stat thing for number of posts,is going to be touching zAk. Scary thought. Maybe I will cancel making this post.

Haya emaan
06-06-2011, 02:51 PM
^ i learned that admins have pistols in their pockets.. isn't that scary for innocent members..^o)

S.Belle
06-06-2011, 03:20 PM
I just learnt awhile ago that I accidently unplugged the freezer *facepalm*.....but now we have an extremely clean freezer

Ramadhan
06-06-2011, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I learned that if I make one my post my name, on the stat thing for number of posts,is going to be touching zAk. Scary thought. Maybe I will cancel making this post.

Today I learnt that the order for the top posters of IB has finally changed since the first time I joined the forum.

Mabrook akhi!

Who Am I?
06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The temptation to sneak up behind you and give you a little shove. But, to take that last step has to be yourown choice. You have to take it because you know it is the right step, not because any human wants you to take it.
Well I already know it is what I want to do. I just don't know when I will be ready. I want to learn as much as I can and make sure that I know what I am doing. Allah will show me when the time is right.

Ghazalah
06-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Today I learnt that after the time of asr, it's the time that sun worshippers pray, so we are encouraged not to pray at the same as them but rather do thikr.

BintAbee
06-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I learnt about paediatric anaesthesia, recovery room and CPR

Revert 2010
06-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Today I learnt to make the most of everyday and let go of things that I cannot control and placing my faith in Allah will always inspire me to attain my goals.

BintAbee
06-09-2011, 01:10 PM
I learnt that we have 2 members who have joined our big Islamic family

Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Yesterday I learned that I can overcome my fear and stand tall before Allah and mankind.

bintYahya
06-10-2011, 01:46 PM
A shopping trip after work (rush hour) is such a funny thing when it's hot outside (for us Finns anyway)... Eyes full of pity or ridicule. Staring or afraid to look. Hm, sure, I'm a monster. But subhaan Allah, I walked down the aisles with confidence and with a smile on my face.

(It's my first summer with the head scarf and clothes that cover appropriately.)

Revert 2010
06-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Today I learnt that yogurt is not meant to taste sour, I thought I was taking the healthy option and it was part of the favour with strawberry. Trying stay healthy but junk food is so alluring lol

Who Am I?
06-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Trying to cut back on caffeine is harder than I thought.

Withdrawal headaches the last couple of days.

Salahudeen
06-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Trying to cut back on caffeine is harder than I thought.

Withdrawal headaches the last couple of days.
Bro, cut it down slowly not all at once, ween yourself off it by slowly reducing the amount you have each day.

Who Am I?
06-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Bro, cut it down slowly not all at once, ween yourself off it by slowly reducing the amount you have each day.
Yeah man, I'm trying to do that. It's not easy because I love tea. I'm trying to prepare myself for Ramadan and also get healthier at the same time, which is why I've decided to do this.

IslamicRevival
06-14-2011, 02:04 AM
I learnt I really have lost my identity, in the sense i don't know who or what I am anymore

Who Am I?
06-14-2011, 02:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lost Identity
I learnt I really have lost my identity, in the sense i don't know who or what I am anymore
I lost my identity once. Turns out it just fell between the cushions on the couch. ;D

Revert 2010
06-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Today I learnt that patience is indeed a virtue : )

Sawdah
06-21-2011, 05:12 AM

I learned that you can play the game snake on the youtube player.

For those who want to know how to play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5RbkMDV_Eo (warning: music. mute the video before it starts.)

Ghazalah
06-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Today I learnt that any choice I make, whether it to be for my next job or whether to go shopping the next day, however big or small doesn't give me the reason to not consult Allah SWT (istikhara) in my choice.

fatima_01
06-21-2011, 11:30 PM
today i learnt...the importance of dua

IslamicRevival
06-22-2011, 01:37 AM
I cant wait till Ramadhan :)

Starrynight
06-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Today I learned that life can change directions at any moment.

Ghazalah
08-31-2011, 12:15 AM
Today I learnt the real ​meaning of having a loving family.

S.Belle
08-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Today I learnt that you cant help someone unless they are willing to help themselves.

Ghazalah
09-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Today I learnt how badly my words when in anger have an effect on the people I love most.

I also learnt my eye colour changes when I'm angry :p

Salahudeen
09-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Today I learnt how badly my words when in anger have an effect on the people I love most.

I also learnt my eye colour changes when I'm angry :p
You have to be very careful of what you say when you're angry and your blood is pumping because eventually people will stop forgiving you for saying words even though you're angry and don't mean it. Words can really hurt a person, when you feel the anger say to yourself "the believers are those who control their anger".

Do you concur??? I learnt the word concur today.

Ghazalah
09-20-2011, 04:01 PM
You have to be very careful of what you say when you're angry and your blood is pumping because eventually people will stop forgiving you for saying words even though you're angry and don't mean it. Words can really hurt a person, when you feel the anger say to yourself "the believers are those who control their anger".
I know imsad

Salahudeen
09-20-2011, 04:04 PM
I know imsad
At least you're not punching doors and throwing things around ey that's something good, other people start breaking things when they're angry. You could be doing that too so alhamdulilah you're not. Just take a break from people when you feel anger, I get out the house and go for a walk/run.

Who Am I?
09-20-2011, 04:15 PM

This is also a lesson I have recently learned, and just one more thing that I need to change if I am to become a better man.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Today I learnt that I have become very lazy...:embarrass

Salahudeen
09-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Today I learnt that I have become very lazy...:embarrass
Makes two of us :D

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Without a job, nothing to do I tend to move around like a zombie in my home...lol

Salahudeen
09-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Without a job, nothing to do I tend to move around like a zombie in my home...lol
On holidays from uni, I tend to move around like a turtle lol.

Ghazalah
09-20-2011, 07:18 PM
:offtopic:

<_<

joyous fairy
09-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Makes two of us :D
Three, hah! Actually I learn that Im lazy everyday and forget by morning so I have to relearn later :P

Who Am I?
09-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Today I have learned some things about myself and about who I am and who I don't want to be anymore.

Oh yeah and I'm lazy too (three? four?).

SFatima
09-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Today, I just learned that I need to learn and act on what I learn, fast!

Revert 2010
09-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Today I learnt that Zumba was not in the lion king lol

Who Am I?
09-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Today I learnt that Zumba was not in the lion king lol
Scar rules! :D

That is all.

ardianto
07-05-2012, 04:03 AM

Today I learn, meaning of "fatwa" in the West is different than common meaning of "fatwa" in my place.

In my place, fatwa is result of ulama consensus. If ummah ask scholar, the answer from scholar is not called fatwa, but "scholar's answer".

زهراء
11-12-2016, 09:25 AM
BUMP...

I particularly like this thread![emoji2]

noraina
11-12-2016, 10:08 AM
I haven't seen this thread before.

JazakAllah khayr for the bump :D

anatolian
11-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Today I learnt that I must think more universal..There is some truth in everything if you know how to look..You are not the only one who is right..

زهراء
11-12-2016, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I haven't seen this thread before.

JazakAllah khayr for the bump :D
I just realised that my sister would post almost everyday in this thread. I was much younger back then[emoji2] آمين

Zeal
11-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Life is full of all different types of people subhanallah walamdulillah

TheMirza
11-13-2016, 01:09 AM
I learned that time is precious, I wasted alooot of time in the past doing nothing productive, that I regret now.

Lets hope I remember this lesson tomorrow or a week from now! :embarrass

زهراء
11-13-2016, 07:33 AM
Today I learnt that whenever anything unpleasant occurs, always remind yourself-even if you have to say it aloud- that "this is the Dunya"

ardianto
11-16-2016, 04:59 PM
Today, on the way back to my city, a food street vendor came to the place where I took a rest. I bought his food and immediately we involved in conversation. He told me that today is the first day he start to work as food vendor again after he back to his village for few weeks. His house in village was badly damaged by flood, and he spent his saving to repair his home.

There is something that I adore on him. He got unfortunate. But instead of see a 'sign of complaint' on his face, I saw optimism, and gratefulness on him. I saw a gratefulness on his eyes when he smile and said "Alhamdulillah" when received the payment for his food.

So what did I learn today?. I learned about optimism and gratefulness from this food vendor.

Zeal
11-26-2016, 11:25 AM
All the animals we get our protein from are actually vegetarians

noraina
11-26-2016, 02:35 PM
I learnt that the hardest part about Arabic grammar is learning how to apply the rules of tashkil. The only thing I understood was how the noun after a preposition always has kasra on the end of it. :skeleton:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!