/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is this a bad sign?

elina
03-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I have a couple of copies of the Qur'an on a shelf in my room. One of them falls off every so often. It doesnt just fall from the shelf and land on the floor, it falls with force and usually lands under the coffee table a good 3 feet away from the shelf. I keep picking it up and putting it back on the shelf, then in passing i mentioned it to someone..... they had a look of shock on their face and kept saying... thats no good, but wouldnt elaborate. Now ive started to get really worried that its a bad sign. The other copy just stays where its always been and never falls off, i cant find any reason for one to fall like it does (no vibration, no wind, no one passing when it happens) i was telling a friend about it and she said its the work of satan...... please someone tell me this probably isnt true :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
03-26-2011, 12:45 PM
:sl:
why not just put it in a safe place...so one that isnt that high to begin with. and are you sure you are putting it back properly...it seems bizarre that it keeps falling off when you have put it back.

elina
03-26-2011, 02:04 PM
salam sis .... thanks good idea...ive moved it now :) i think i was determined to put it back without it falling off again but its going to end up damaged....... i was putting it back properly though, maybe not the first couple of times it did it but after that i was really careful :hmm:

Innocent Soul
03-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Sister it would be better if you keep something heavy above it so that it might not fall again. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
03-26-2011, 02:08 PM
It's only a bad sign if you make it a bad sign. Move it to a different area as was suggested. And since you seem to have a guilty conscience, ask for forgiveness. x)

It's all good. :) And remember that people will say a lot of things. Don't let it bother you too much!

Cabdullahi
03-26-2011, 11:21 PM
put it in your brain so that it never falls again

elina
03-27-2011, 10:28 AM
thanks safiya....ive laid it down now so hopefully it would be impossible for it to fall again

thanks beardo i think i have a guilty conscience about keep putting it back and risking it getting damaged..... i can rest easy now :)

ah Abdullahi thats the best idea of all :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!