/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does this sine mean? + other question

Human_Being
03-27-2011, 08:35 PM
I was lookin at Ayat Al Kursi an I want to know what this sine means cos iv seen it a lot in the Quran iv circled it in red in attached image

What is it called and what effect does it hav on pronuncuation?

Also like i hear theres some rules in classical Arabic espeshuly in Quran where some letter combos make a sound thats not predictable to how it looks like can anybode tell me what those are pretty please with a cherry on top?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazalah
03-27-2011, 08:37 PM
That's an Alif, it's just written smaller, but you pronounce it as normal.

I don't quite get your second question? :hmm:

aadil77
03-27-2011, 08:41 PM
lol I thought this thread was about trigonometry; cos, sine etc

Human_Being
03-27-2011, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
That's an Alif, it's just written smaller, but you pronounce it as normal.

I don't quite get your second question? :hmm:
Ah ok thanks sis

um lemmie try again i was told theres rules in classical Arabic especially in Quran where some letter combos appear to be pronounced in a certain way but because of some kind of rules they're actually pronounced differently and u wouldn't know until ur taught these rules

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
marwen
03-27-2011, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by
Also like i hear theres some rules in classical Arabic espeshuly in Quran where some letter combos make a sound thats not predictable to how it looks like can anybode tell me what those are pretty please with a cherry on top?

I think you're talking about "tajweed" : it means to perfect reading quran, like it was read by the prophet Muhammad SAW.
(about tajweed)
The best way to learn tajweed is to have a tajweed teacher. But you can try to search for websites about it.

Ghazalah
03-27-2011, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Human_Being
um lemmie try again i was told theres rules in classical Arabic especially in Quran where some letter combos appear to be pronounced in a certain way but because of some kind of rules they're actually pronounced differently and u wouldn't know until ur taught these rules
Yep. You should have asked the person who told you this to tell you the rules :p I think its best if you learnt this with a tajweed teacher face-to-face. Not only will they teach you the rules but also correct you on your pronunciation inshAllah.

Human_Being
03-27-2011, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen

I think you're talking about "tajweed" : it means to perfect reading quran, like it was read by the prophet Muhammad SAW.
(about tajweed)
The best way to learn tajweed is to have a tajweed teacher. But you can try to search for websites about it.
Thanks do u know if its easy or not to find a teacher? What kinds of ppl would u need to ask 2 find one?

Ghazalah
03-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks do u know if its easy or not to find a teacher? What kinds of ppl would u need to ask 2 find one?
If you're a beginner I suggest a personal tajweed teacher, who will be able to go at your pace and you will gain her full attention. If not, then many people just a course which can last between 1-3 years (ijazah) which will teach you everything about tajweed and then give you enough knowledge to teach others. I think the best place to start is to see if your local masjid hold tajweed classes and take it from there inshAllah.

marwen
03-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Well, it depends on the place you are in. In most of the muslim countries it's very easy to find quran schools. Some teachers also make courses in the mosques (like between magrib and ishaa'). In non muslim countries, I don't know;

Human_Being
03-27-2011, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
If you're a beginner I suggest a personal tajweed teacher, who will be able to go at your pace and you will gain her full attention. If not, then many people just a course which can last between 1-3 years (ijazah) which will teach you everything about tajweed and then give you enough knowledge to teach others. I think the best place to start is to see if your local masjid hold tajweed classes and take it from there inshAllah.
Thanks I need a persinal teacher I think

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!