/* */

PDA

View Full Version : iblis and dajjal relationship?

YM Usrah Umar
03-27-2011, 11:21 PM
salam, forgive me for another dajjal topic but im just wondering...surely these 2 would have to work together...is ther hadiths mentioning of these 2 being in the same presence?

jazaks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
03-29-2011, 12:04 PM
I have not found any hadith that place them together. But that does not mean such does not exist.

Zuzubu
03-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Isn't Dajjal ½ human and ½ jinn?

I think he is prophecy, and indeed an evil being. But I also have not read that he is satan himself and I don't think so. But yes, he acts like one many times.

Now we could discuss the word "satan" itself, it is not 1 person, but more people? Here we use satan as someone who behaves bad, in that way he is a satan. But I believe he was a satan at his left, and angel in his right side, and that he is also supposed to be tested by Allah (swt).

tigerkhan
03-29-2011, 01:58 PM
i think its same like shatan has no relation with Pharon, Namrood etc but infact they are also not less than saitan. so dajjal will be most worse than previous ones in fitna.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
03-29-2011, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zuzubu
Isn't Dajjal ½ human and ½ jinn?

I think he is prophecy, and indeed an evil being. But I also have not read that he is satan himself and I don't think so. But yes, he acts like one many times.
You are possibly confusing the Christian concept of Satan with Shaytan. The Christians believe Satan was a fallen angel who rebelled and as such is a distinct being. In our concept of Shaytan there is no specific Shayatan, any being with free choice can be a Shaytan. Iblis was probably the first Shaytan and is the one known by name to most of us. The Dajjal will be the worse and most dangerous Shaytan mankind will face. It does sound like he will be more evil than all other shaytans combined.

YM Usrah Umar
03-30-2011, 06:49 PM
thanks for the replys brothers. whatever dajjal plans to do, surely iblis has had a hand in those things for a longer time than dajjal has anyway. i think they both stay in the same place

which reminds me their is a hadith of these 2 being together but its on the "arrivals" and i cant check cause thers so many videos lol

جوري
06-10-2012, 04:23 PM
My conclusion through some reading is that the dajjal has been there in several places in the past:

Ta-Ha[20:95]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Qala fama khatbuka ya samiriyyu
20:95 (Moses) said: "What then is thy case, O Samiri?"

and in another time during that of the prophet Mohammed (PBUH) though I forget the man's name and he disappeared ..

I believe that the whole term mason comes from:

Sahih International
[Moses] said, "Then go. And indeed, it is [decreed] for you in [this] life to say, 'No contact.' And indeed, you have an appointment [in the Hereafter] you will not fail to keep. And look at your 'god' to which you remained devoted. We will surely burn it and blow it into the sea with a blast.

Qala faithhab fainna laka fee alhayati an taqoola la misasa wainna laka mawAAidan lan tukhlafahu waonthur ila ilahika allathee thalta AAalayhi AAakifan lanuharriqannahu thumma lanansifannahu fee alyammi nasfan

from 'La masas' from touch me not until--
so a mason isn't a builder of the occult as is commonly understood rather those exempt until an appointed time..
Allah swt knows best of course .. this is one of those things that sort of made sense to me upon a lucid time but I am no scholar and I don't since I am not offering renditions to the Quran and Sunnah I am just conjecturing to who they're (Masons) and who he is (the Dajjal/antichrist)

:w:

Scimitar
06-10-2012, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by لميس
and in another time during that of the prophet Mohammed (PBUH) though I forget the man's name and he disappeared ..
Ibn Sayyad

Ibn Sayyad was his name... here are a few hadeeth about him:

Sahih Muslim-

Book 041, Number 6990:
'Abdullah reported: We were along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) that we happened to pass by children amongst whom there was Ibn Sayyad. The children made their way but Ibn Sayyad kept sitting there (and it seemed) as if Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) did not like it (his sitting with the children) and said to him: May your nose he besmeared with dust, don't you bear testimony to the fact that I am the Messenger of Allah? Thereupon he said: No, but you should bear testimony that I am the messenger of Allah. Thereupon 'Umar b. Khattab said: Allah's Messenger, permit me that I should kill him. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: If he is that person who is in your mind (Dajjal ), you will not be able to kill him.
'Abdullah reported: We were walking with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) that Ibn Sayyad happened to pass by him. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to him: I have concealed for you (something to test you, so tell me that). He said: It is Dukh. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to him: Be off. You cannot get farther than your rank, whereupon 'Umar said: Allah's Messenger, permit me to strike his neck. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Leave him; if he is that one (Dajjal) whom you apprehend, you will not be able to kill him.
Abu Sa'id reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) met him (Ibn Sayyad) and so did Abu Bakr and 'Umar on some of the roads of Medina. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Do you bear testimony to the fact that I am the Messenger of Allah? Thereupon he said: Do you bear testimony to the fact that I am the messenger of Allah? Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I affirm my faith in Allah and in His Angels and in His Books, and what do you see? He said: I see the throne over water. Whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: You see the throne of Iblis upon the water, and what else do you see? He said: I see two truthfuls and a liar or two liars and one truthful. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Leave him He has been confounded.
Jabir b 'Abdullah reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) met Ibn Sa'id (Sayyad) and there were with him Abu Bakr and 'Umar and Ibn Sayyad was in the company of children. The rest of the hadith is the same.
Abu Sa'id reported: I accompanied Ibn Sayyad to Mecca and he said to me: What I have gathered from people is that they think that I am Dajjal. Have you not heard Allah's Messenger (may peace upon him) as saying: He will have no children, I said: Yes, of course. Thereupon he said: But I have children. Have you not heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He would not enter Mecca and Medina? I said: Yes, of course. Thereupon he said I have been once in Medina and now I intend to go to Mecca. And he said to me at the end of his talk: By Allah: I know his place of birth his abode where he is just now. He (Abu Sa'id) said: This caused confusion in my mind (in regard to his identity).
Abu Sa'id Khudri reported: Ibn Sa'id said to me something for which I felt ashamed. He said: I can excuse others; but what has gone wrong with you, O Companions of Muhammad, that you take me as Dajjal? Has Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) not said that he would be a Jew whereas I am a Muslim and he also said that he would not have children, whereas I have children, and he also said: verily, Allah has prohibited him to enter Mecca whereas I have performed Pilgrimage, atid. he went on saying this that I was about to be impressed by his talk. He (however) said this also: I know where he (Dajjal) is and I know his father and mother, and it was said to him: Won't you feel pleased if you would be the same person? Thereupon he said: If this offer is made to me, I would noT resent that.
Abu Sa’id Khudri reported: We came back after having pewrformed Pilgrimage or 'Umra and lbn Sa'id was along with us. And w, e encamped at a place and the people dispersed and I and he were left behind. I felt terribly frightened from him as it was said about him that he was the Dajjal. He brought his goods and placed them by my luggage and I said: It is intense heat. Would you not place that under that tree? And he did that. Then ther appeared before us a flock of sheep. He went and brought a cup of milk and said: Abu Sa'id, drink that. I said it is intense heat and the milk is also hot (whereas the fact was) that I did not like to drink from his hands or to to take it from his hand and he said: Abu Sa'id, I think that I should take a rope and suspend it by the tree and then coimmit sucide because of the talks of the people, and he further said. Abu Sa'id he who is ignorant of the saying of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) (he is to be pardoned), but O people of Ansar, is this hadith of Allah's Messengern (may peace be upon him) concealed from you whereas you have the best konowledge of t this hadith of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) amongst people? Did Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) not say that he (Dajjal) would be a non believer whereas I am a believer? Did Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) not say he would be barren and no child would be born to hirn, whereas I have left my children in Medina? Did Allah’s Messenger (may peace upon him) not say: He would not get into Medina and Mecca whereas I have been coming from Medina and now I intend to go to Mecca? Abu Sa'id said: I was about to accept the excuse put forward by him. that he said: I know the place where he would be born and where he is now. So I said to him: May your whole day be spent
This hadith has transmitted on the authority of Abu Sa'id that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) asked Ibn Sa'id about the earth of Paradise. Thereupon he said: Abu'l-Qasim, It is like a fine white musk, whereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: 'You have told the the truth.
Book 041, Number 6999:
'Muhammad b. Munkadir reported: As I saw Jabir b. 'Abdullah taking an oath in the name of Allah that it was Ibn Sa'id who was the Dajjal I said: Do you take an oath in the name of Allah? Thereupon he said: I heard 'Umar taking an oath in the presence of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) to this effect but Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) did not disapprove of it.
'Abdullah b. Umar reported: 'Umar b. Khattab went along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) in the company of some persons toIbn Sayyad that he found him playing with children near the bettlement of Bani Maghala and Ibn Sayyad was at that time just at the threshold of adolescence and he did not perceive (the presence of Holy Prophet) until Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) struck his back with his hands. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Ibn Sayyad, don't you bear witness that I am the messenger of Allah? Ibn Sayyad looked toward him and he said: I bear witness to the fact that you the messenger of the unlettered. Ibn Sayyad said to the Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him): Do you bear witness to the fact that I am the messenger of Allah? Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) rejected this and said: I affirm my faith in Allah and in His messengers. Then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to him: What do you see? Ibn Sayyad said: It us a Dukh. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: May you be disgraced and dishonoured, you would not not be able to go beyond your rank. 'Umar b. Khattab said: Allah's Messenger, permit me that I should strike his neck. Therupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: If he is the same (Dajjal) who would appear near the Last Hour, you would not be able to overpower him, and he is not that ther is no good for you to kill him. 'Abdullah b. 'Umar further narrated that after some time Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and Ubayy b. Ka'b went towards the palm trees where Ibn Sayyad was. When Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) went near the tree he hid himself behind a tree with the intention of hearing something from Ibn sayyad before Ibn Sayyad could see him, but Allah's Messenger (may pcxce be upon him) saw him on a bed with a blanket around him from which a murmuring sound was being heard and Ibn Sayyad's mother saw Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) behind the trunk of the palm tree. She said to Ibn Sayyad: Saf (that being his name), here is Muhammad. Thereupon Ibn Sayyad jumped up murmuring and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: If she had left him alone he would have made things clear. Abdullah b. Umar told that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stood up amongst the people and lauded Allah as He deserved, then he made a mention of the Dajjal and said: I warn you of him and there is no Prophet who has not warned his people against the Dajjal. Even Noah warned (against him) but I am going to tell you a thing which no Prophet told his people. You must know that he (the Dajjal) is one-eyed and Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, is not one-eyed. Ibn Shihab said: 'Umar b. Thabit al-Ansari informed me that some of the Companions of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) informed him that the day when Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) warned people against the Dajjal, he also said: There would be written between his two eyes (the word) Kafir (infidel) and everyone who would resent his deeds would be able to read or every Muslim would be about to read, and he also said: Bear this thing in mind that none amongst you would be able to see Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, until he dies.
Abdullah b. Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) went along with him in the company of some persons and there was Umar b. Khattab also amongst them till they saw Ibn Sayyad as a young boy just on the threshold of adolescence playing with children near the battlement of Bani Mu'awiya; the rest of the hadith is the same but with these concluding words:" Had his mother left him (to murmur) his matter would have become clear."
Ibn 'Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) happened to pass by Ibn Sayyad along with his Companions including 'Umar b. Khattab as he was playing with children near the battlement of Bani Maghala and he was also a child by that time. The rest of the hadith is the same as narrated by Ibn Umar (in which there is a mention of) setting out of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) along with Ubayy b. Ka'b towards the date-palm trees.
Nafi' reported that Ibn 'Umar met Ibn Si'id on some of the paths of Medina and he said to him a word which enraged him and he was so much swollen with anger that the way was blocked. Ibn 'Umar went to Hafsa and informed her about this. Thereupon she said: May Allah have mercy upon you, why did you incite Ibn Sayyad in spite of the fact that you knew it would be the extreme anger which would make Dajjal appear in the world?
Nafi' reported that Ibn 'Umar said: I met lbn Sayyad twice and said to some of them (his friends): You state that it was he (the Dajjal). He said: By Allah, it is not so. I said: You have not told me the truth; by Allah some of you informed me that he would not die until he would have the largest number of offspring and huge wealth and it is he about whom it is thought so. Then Ibn Sayyad talked to us. I then departed and met him again for the second time and his eye had been swollen. I said: What has happened to your eye? He said: I do not know. I said: This is in your head and you do not know about it? He said: If Allah so wills He can create it (eye) in your staff. He then produced a sound like the braying of a donkey. Some of my companions thought that I had struck him with the staff as he was with me that the staff broke into pieces, but, by Allah, I was not conscious of it. He then came to the Mother of the Faithful (Hafsa) and narrated it to her and she said: What concern you have with him? Don't you know that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said that the first thing (by the incitement of which) he would come out before the public would be his anger?

It was said about Ibn Sayyad that he disappeared from the battledield and re-appeared in a Jewish camp some distance away, where he was spied by a Muslim who witnessed the Jews hailing their messiah - Ibn Sayyad. How true this story is, or not - Allah knows best. I do not have the references to this story at hand.

One thing we do know about Ibn sayyad before his disappearance is that Ibn Sayyad married, had children and entered the holy cities. Logically, this tells us that he could not have been dajjal at that time. However, if there is truth to the story of his disappearance, then we can also speculate that it was upon the recognition of the Jews that his term as dajjal had begun. Meaning, a day like a year started from that time... ofcourse, whether there is any truth to this or not, Allah knows best.

The Samiri

With regards to the Samiri. Yes, indeed he was the dajjal of Musa AS time. The ultimate evidence is that when Musa AS returned from Mount Sinai (which is actually in Midian and not the Sinai peninsula as is commonly believed) and found that the children of Israel had fallen prey to the Samiri's charms and therefore built the golden calf at the Samiri's prompting - Musa AS did not admonish the Samiri - instead Musa AS grew to be so angry that he threw the ten commandments (freshly received from Tur Sineen / Mount Sinai) on the floor, and then grabbed his brother Harun AS (Aaron) by the beard and admonished him instead... Musa AS knew it was futile to argue with the samiri - as arguing with the dajjal is a futility in itself. Dajjal is the master of deception, and the stage of debate is where dajjal wins, hands down. So Musa AS, knowing this, decided to take his frustration and anger out on his brother Harun AS.

There are also accounts of the Samiri picking up some dust from the patch of land where Gibreel AS had landed, and used this dust to make the golden calf "blow a sound" out of it (in order to convince the israelites that the calf was their god)... but how reliable this account is - Allah knows best. However, this piece of info hints at the possibility that the Samiri is not a human, but a jinn. As humans cannot see the unseen, but jinns see angels clearly... and jinns know magic.

Scimi

جوري
06-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Ah you know what I love when you or br. ABZ fill in the blanks, like on my thumma vs. summa thread.. really makes me understand what it means to be a single unit as an ummah..
Jazaka Allah khyran

Scimitar
06-10-2012, 06:36 PM
I know exactly what you mean sister. This work is kinda frustrating in itself... tracing and tracking spirals that don't always conform to the golden ratio of understanding things is not easy at all. So when someone helps to provide another jigsaw piece, things get really interesting, really quick. :)

I met Bro Abz last weekend coincidentally, he's a lovely chap masha-Allah. My only regret was, not bringing my laptop with me. I have show much to show you guys, but it will have to wait til August insha-Allah.

I wonder if anyone knows anything about the Moses Tablet? Check these out sister Blubell, these are amazing:

The topic of dajjal the antichrist, explored in a fresh, new way - that uses sympathetic analysis (rare) instead of just geological ones.

The rest of the parts are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFoc-JijIyU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvY9O1rGy4M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btsFOZELaGI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxlwnXG0rac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPt6UXc9mnA

Absolutely amazing find, that Moses Tablet !!!

Scimi

جوري
06-10-2012, 06:45 PM
^^ I saw those lectures they were fascinating .. I admit I am not big on jinn and dajjal talk but I do like ones with an eschatological orientation so they may overlap at times..

Scimitar
06-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Yes, interesting if only because of the way the information is understood. If it was left to the western method - they would have made a complete donkey ear out of it, and the find would have flopped into insignificance. But the fact the Muslims are guarding this find jealously (and rightly so too) as well as the much more important fact that the decoding of the tablet has been done "sympathetically" with reference to Biblical and Quranic understanding. Namely from the time of Musa AS and the Israelites, during their 40 years wondering the plains of Arabia. This find is too good NOT to look at. Small wonder why the story of Musa AS and firawn is mentioned in the Quran than any other event?

...We're living in the time of Pharaohs again.

Scimi

جوري
06-10-2012, 07:04 PM
You're right.. Even the prophet PBUH commented on how much of the Quran is about Moses (PBUH)..

Scimitar
06-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Indeed sister. The implication of that is something we need to take heed about, especially in these times.

Here is part 46 of Solomons Temple by brother Muhammad from Canada (A Palestinian brother who is the well known Youtuber, BUshwackk.)

This part deals with the subject of the Samiri.

Important. I think we should try and understand the hadeeth which mention the state of the believers during the end times - meaning our time.

Abz,where are you bro? Bring out that hadeeth reference already. :)

Scimi

Muhaba
06-10-2012, 07:49 PM
ah the mystical is always so interesting to study. especially in circumstances like these with the troubles in the middle east. i was reading some posts on other forums with ppl talking about the Suffyani and some people were saying that it might be bashar al assad. what do you all think? and what do you know of the suffyani? do you think it's him?

Scimitar
06-10-2012, 07:59 PM
The problem with the sufyani hadeeth is that 1) there are very few authenticated hadeeth about the him, and 2) there are many fabricated hadeeth which the rafidi claim.

I look at the face of Bashar al Assad and I don't see a Muslim. I see a Yajuj wa Majuj... I cannot explain it, except that this is my instinct and no matter how much I tell myself that I am wrong, I cannot believe otherwise.

It is possible that Bashar is the sufyani... and if he is, then that means BIG THINGS. 2012 will start to make a lot of sense, if Bashar is the Sufyani, put it that way.

Scimi

White Rose
06-10-2012, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
It is possible that Bashar is the sufyani... and if he is, then that means BIG THINGS. 2012 will start to make a lot of sense, if Bashar is the Sufyani, put it that way.
Sufyani? Brother, can you tell me more about it please?
And no you are not the only one, some thing seems off about Bashar to me as well.

Muhaba
06-10-2012, 08:30 PM
The problem with the sufyani hadeeth is that 1) there are very few authenticated hadeeth about the him, and 2) there are many fabricated hadeeth which the rafidi claim.

I look at the face of Bashar al Assad and I don't see a Muslim. I see a Yajuj wa Majuj... I cannot explain it, except that this is my instinct and no matter how much I tell myself that I am wrong, I cannot believe otherwise.

Scimi
Well, in one of the hadith it is written that outwardly the Sufyani will be pious but inside he will be an apostate. BS does fit that imo. he's always hangin around with the ulama, doing islamic conferences etc. and he did some good things in the past, going to arab conferences, working for arab unity, palestine, etc. not to mention the things he did for the development of syria. For a long while noone would even think that he could be involved in any of the things happening now. If you knew the old side of him, you'd never believe that this is the same guy.

but the things happening in syria now are just horrible.

in a hadith it says that the Sufyani will kill women by ripping their bellies and will even kill children.

جوري
06-10-2012, 08:36 PM
I never saw those Alawites as anything good. He doesn't even know how to pray and was said to 'convert' to take office which the Syrians didn't grant him, his father hafith an na3jja had killed 20,000 before him so it is a family trade, back then they didn't have youtube though and people just took death with silence.. I see nothing outwardly pious about these people.. If they were half good then the best in their country wouldn't be leaving to the west and taking a licking there too..
God I am so disappointed with everything...

Scimitar
06-10-2012, 08:40 PM
The narrations on "the Sufyani" are too weak to be part of the Muslim creed. They come for the most part through Nu`aym ibn Hammad and no-one
else.

The Prophet supposedly said, upon him blessings and peace: "I warn you
against seven kinds of dissension" mentioning, among them, a dissension that hails from the East – that is, Najd – and a dissension that hails from within Sham – and that, the Companion-narrator supposedly said, is al-Sufyani.

Narrated from Ibn Mas`ud by Nu`aym ibn Hammad in Kitab al-Fitan (1:55) and, from him, by al-Hakim in the Mustadrak (4:468-469=1990 ed. 4:515) who declared it sahih, while al-Dhahabi said: "This is one of the marvels of Nu`aym ibn Hammad." The chain also contains al-Walid ibn `Ayyash who is unknown. In his chapter on Nu`aym in the Siyar, al-Dhahabi said: "Nu`aym is among the huge receptacles of knowledge but there is always a nagging suspicion as to his narrations."

A forgery on al-Sufyani is mentioned in the book "Al-Mahdi al-Muntazar" by Abu Fadl Abd Allah ibn Muhammad as-Siddiq al-Ghumari. It is the long hadith (on page 46 of the first edition, printed 1405 hijri) in the section of ahadith transmitted by Abu Hudhayfa, starting with the words:

This translation of the above report was circulated: <<"When the Ethiopians come after the Arabs they will be defeated and thrown into the lowest part of the earth. While these circumstances exist, As-Sufyani will come with three hundred and sixty riders until he reaches Damascus. After a month, he will be followed by thirty-thousand from Kalb, so he will send an army to Iraq and kill a hundred thousand in Az-Zawra. Then they will go to Kufa and pillage. When this occurs a banner will come from the east led by a man from Tamim called Shuayb, the son of Salih who will restore what is in their hands from the captured people of Kufa and he will kill them. Then, another army from As-Sufyani will go to Al Medina and pillage it for three days and thereafter proceed towards Mecca until they find themselves in a desert. Then, Allah will send Gabriel and say to him, 'Chastise them!' So he will beat them with his leg once and Allah will cause them to be swallowed up. None will remain except two men who will return to As-Sufyani to inform him of the swallowing-up of his army, but this will not scare him. Several men from the Koraysh will escape to Constantinople and As-Sufyani will send to the leader of the Romans who will return them to him and he will slit their throats together with their followers. At that time a voice will come from Heaven saying: 'O people, surely Allah prevents dictatorship, tyrants and their followers for you and gives leadership to the best of the nation of Muhammad. So join him in Mecca -- he is Al Mahdi!" Then, Hudhayfah asked: 'O Messenger of Allah, how shall we know him?' He replied: "He is a man from my children, he looks like the men from the children of Israel, upon him are two white cloaks with frayed edges. His face is like a colorful, glittering star, upon his right cheek there is a black mole and he is forty years old. Al Abdal and those looking like them will come to him from Syria. An-Nujaba will come to him from the dwellers of Egypt and groups of dwellers from the east, and those looking like them until they all gather together in Mecca and so they will pledge their allegiance to him between Al Rukn and Al Makam. Then he will direct himself towards Syria with Gabriel at his front and Michael at his middle and the dwellers of Heaven and Earth will be joyful because of him. Water will be plentiful in his country and the river will be spread and treasures found. When he reaches Syria he will slay As-Sufyani under the tree, the branches of which grow in the direction of Lake Tiberias
and he will kill Kalb. So the loser of that Day of Kalb is he who does not gain even a rein." Hudhaybah asked: 'O Messenger of Allah, praise and peace be upon him, how is it permitted to kill them when they believe in the Oneness?' The Messenger of Allah, praise and peace be upon him, replied: "O Hudhayfah, they are at that time apostates, they claim that wine is permitted and do not pray." The preceding Hadiths were narrated by Hudhayfah and are found in the references of Abu Nuaym, At-Tabarani, and Abu Amru Ad Dani.>>
This hadith is forged. The Prophet, upon him peace, supposedly mentions al-Kufa in it without anyone asking, "What is al-Kufa?" - decades before it existed. Other signs of forgery include the inordinate length of the hadith, its emphasis on factual details in journalistic fashion, and the fact that *no one* narrates it except a string of unknowns.

It would be safer to stick to the similar but unspecific hadiths of Hudhayfa in the Sahihayn or those from Umm Salama, Abu Hurayra, and Abu Sa`id al-Khudri in the Sunan. All of them mention the Mahdi without naming the Sufyani. And Allah knows best.

Source ^
However, there is this:

Abu Hurayrah has narrated that the Prophet said:
A man will emerge from the depths of Damascus. He will be called Sufyani. Most of those who follow him will be from the tribe of Kalb. He will kill by ripping the stomachs of women and even kill the children. A man from my family will appear in the Haram, the news of his advent will reach the Sufyani and he will send to him one of his armies. He (referring to the Mahdi) will defeat them. They will then travel with whoever remains until they come to a desert and they will be swallowed. None will be saved except the one who had informed the others about them. (Mustadrak Al-Hakim).

Guess which tribe Bashar Al-Assad is from? The tribe of Kalbiyya which is the tribe of most Nusayris in Syria.

Not much is known about his brother Lt. Col. Maher al-Assad (Bashar's brother) who is the brutal one.

Here, check him out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maher_al-Assad

Lt. Col. Maher al-Assad (born 1967), is the commander of the Republican Guard, which are also known as the Presidential Guard, and the army's elite Fourth Armored Division, which together with Syria's secret police form the core of the country's security forces.[10] He is also a member of the Baath Party central command and is said to have an aggressive and uncontrollable personality.

Scimi

EDIT: I don't know what to think. We'll just have to wait and see how all this plays out. Allah knows best.

Scimitar
06-10-2012, 08:52 PM
One thing is certain, if the said weak and fabricated hadeeth have some truth in them, then there is one thing we can deduce from them. That the arrival of the Sufyani precedes that of the Dajjal (in relation to dajjal living the rest of his days as we live our days [in our reality/dimension] numbering 37 days in total).

Scimi

EDIT: on Maher al Assad, the brother of Bashar, check this out - posted just over a year ago:

Al-Mufarridun
06-10-2012, 09:16 PM
:sl:

Regarding the Dajjal, it is not a very straight forward and clear subject. It is very, very difficult to get a clear perception of Dajjal now that he has not yet appeared, but the Saheeh Ahadeeth of the Prophet regarding him and his descriptions will Insha'Allah be more than sufficient when he appears. The key point to follow is to try your best to stick the authentic traditions and avoid the fabricated and less authentic ones.

The Dajjal, according to the correct understanding of the scholars is a Human, a Man who will appear at the end of times and claim to be god. He will be killed by Isa(as). This is the Dajjal, the Anti-Christ, that all the Prophets warned their people about. Besides him, there have been many other imposters that have appeared in the past, humans that served as agents for Iblis. So who is the Dajjal, is it that chained man in the monastery, is it ibn sayyad, Allah knows best.

Consider the Dajjal as a position or a role, the position opposite to that of the Prophets and Messengers each generation. It is a role with which Iblis uses one of his human followers to do his evil on earth, with the permission of Allah swt. Allah swt uses this as a test, a fitnah, a trial for the people. The abilities and powers that this individual has are solely based on deception and illusions, for his assisters are the evil Jinns. Besides the Dajjal, Anti-Christ that will appear at the end times, there have been many minor imposters that have appeared through out history.

Allah swt knows best

Scimitar
06-10-2012, 09:52 PM
A good reminder, thank you bro Al-Mufarridun

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
The abilities and powers that this individual has are solely based on deception and illusions, for his assisters are the evil Jinns.
I just wanted to point out that from amongst his helper are not only jinn, but humans too. Namely those who are further up the food chain in the fraternity known as free masons. There is also no known consensus telling us that dajjal will be a human. Which is why many have considered the possibility that he may be a jinn who has taken human form. A parallel was drawn with the story of the Samiri and Musa AS in this regard, and often used to justify this possibility.

Allah knows best.

Scimi

Al-Mufarridun
06-10-2012, 10:02 PM
There is also no known consensus telling us that dajjal will be a human. Which is why many have considered the possibility that he may be a jinn who has taken human form. A parallel was drawn with the story of the Samiri and Musa AS in this regard, and often used to justify this possibility.
Greetings bro Scimitar,

I've not come across any scholar that differed from the understanding that the Dajjal is a man, from the descendents of Adam, nor that samari was a Jinn. There are far more authentic Ahadeeth that point to the understanding that he is in fact a man. I would like to see the sources of those who claim that he is a Jinn.

Allah swt knows best.

Scimitar
06-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Yes, many scholars have the understanding that Dajjal will be a man, of which - some do not negate the possibility that dajjal may be a human. Yet, there are others still who err on the side of the dajjal being a jinn, based of the story of Samiri and Musa AS.

I do not have the books at hand at the moment. But yes, this is a bit of a gray area.

I think it is important to note that what ever the case is with dajjal - he is a deceiver. And this is the most important point, as per your second before last post. You mentioned that we have all that we need in order to be able to recognise him, when he arrives in the world (ala 37 days of life left).

Some experts have claimed that he will be Jew that will be accepted by Muslims, Jews and Christians... to think, in order to fulfil this, he needs to be someone important in the world, who is recognised by all three faiths to be someone credible...

...Now who could that be?? A crypto Jew? Maybe? It's very possible...

Scimi

dysphoricrocker
06-11-2012, 02:10 AM
All these posts about dajjal and all is scaring me..

Signor
12-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Among Muslims,there are some who believes Iblis has five sons,one of them is named as Al A'war(the one eyed).However,no authentic narration points out towards anything even close,perhaps it is coming out of traditions from Bani Israel.

This revealing conversation between Br Ben Halima Abder Raouf and a possessed woman (from 11:10 onwards) also sheds some light on this subject.

Warning: Contains inappropriate and disturbing visuals for some viewers.Watch it on your own Risk

And Allah Knows Best

Signor
12-11-2013, 01:06 PM
many scholars have the understanding that Dajjal will be a man, of which - some do not negate the possibility that dajjal may be a human. Yet, there are others still who err on the side of the dajjal being a jinn, based of the story of Samiri and Musa AS.
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
I've not come across any scholar that differed from the understanding that the Dajjal is a man, from the descendents of Adam, nor that samari was a Jinn.
Sh Imran Nazar Hosein has a very interesting view regarding this

Is Dajjal a human or a Jinn?

Dajjal was specially created by Allah Most High as an EVIL being. No human being and no Jinn was ever created as an evil being.

However Dajjal will one day appear in this world as a human being.

Signor
12-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Found a Hadith supporting INH's view:

Abu Qatada reported: We used to go to Imran b. Husain passing in front of Hisham b. 'Amir. He, one day, said: You pass by me (in order) to go to some per- sons but (amongst the living persons) none remained in the company of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) more than I and none knows more ahadith than I. I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There would be no creation (creating more trouble) than the Dajjal right from the creation of Adam to the Last Hour.

Sahih Muslim 7037

Ahmad H
12-16-2013, 01:00 AM
Dajjal is Satan in the Latter Days. If you look at Satan in the Holy Qur'an, and compare how Dajjal is, then you will see that Dajjal is simply doing everything Satan is doing. Iblis is not Satan though. The Holy Qur'an designates Satan and Iblis as two different figures. The names may be used interchangeably sometimes, but this subtlety can be noticed if you read Adam's (as) story in the Qur'an carefully. There are offspring of Adam, and offspring of Iblis, not offspring of Satan. Satan is always by himself in the Qur'an. The offspring of Iblis follow Satan.

Scimitar
12-17-2013, 11:12 PM
I was led to believe that Iblis was Satan's name before he was outcasted for disobeying Allah... can you provide more than just your theory to prove your point please bro Ahmad H?

Scimi

Ahmad H
12-18-2013, 12:18 AM
If you look at Surah Al-Baqarah, verses 2:34-36, you will see that Iblis refuses to bow down to Adam (as) and submit to him, but in the very next verse, Shaitan is mentioned, not Iblis. Iblis refused to obey Adam (as). But if Iblis was always Shaitan, then why the sudden change in words? There is a very good reason for that, which is that both personalities are not exactly one and the same. Shaitan is always Shaitan, but Iblis is a spirit of the Jinn who refused to obey Adam (as). Iblis is a Shaitan, his comrades are Shaitan, and so on.

The Qur'an says in verse 6:112 that Shaitan is from among both men and jinn. The enemies of truth in general are called Shaitan in verse 2:14 as well. So look at the other Surahs of the Qur'an where Iblis' story and Adam (as) are mentioned, you will see there is a distinction. Shaitan whispers to Adam (as) and Eve, but it is not Iblis. Iblis was simply an enemy of Adam (as). Look at verses 7:11-18, Iblis is addressed, and when verse 7:19-22 mentions the Garden and the forbidden tree, Shaitan is mentioned.

Hence, whatever Iblis is, he is not Shaitan himself, Iblis was a Shaitan, not THE Shaitan.

Signor
12-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmad H
Hence, whatever Iblis is, he is not Shaitan himself, Iblis was a Shaitan, not THE Shaitan.
I guess after reading this Hadith,you will come to know why he is not "Just a Shaytaan" but "THE Shaytaan"

Jabir (Radi Allah Anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Iblis places his throne upon water; he then sends detachments (for creating dissension) ; the nearer to him in tank are those who are most notorious in creating dissension. One of them comes and says: I did so and so. And he says: You have done nothing. Then one amongst them comes and says: I did not spare so and so until I sowed the seed of discord between a husband and a wife. The Satan goes near him and says: 'You have done well. A'mash said: He then embraces him.[Sahih Muslim: Book 039 'Kitab Sifat Al-Qiyamah wa'l Janna wa'n-Nar', Number 6755]

Ordinary beings don't sit on thrones,neither command armies nor gave orders.

Scimitar
12-18-2013, 06:19 PM
If you look at Surah Al-Baqarah, verses 2:34-36, you will see that Iblis refuses to bow down to Adam (as) and submit to him, but in the very next verse, Shaitan is mentioned, not Iblis. Iblis refused to obey Adam (as). But if Iblis was always Shaitan, then why the sudden change in words? There is a very good reason for that, which is that both personalities are not exactly one and the same. Shaitan is always Shaitan, but Iblis is a spirit of the Jinn who refused to obey Adam (as). Iblis is a Shaitan, his comrades are Shaitan, and so on.

The Qur'an says in verse 6:112 that Shaitan is from among both men and jinn. The enemies of truth in general are called Shaitan in verse 2:14 as well. So look at the other Surahs of the Qur'an where Iblis' story and Adam (as) are mentioned, you will see there is a distinction. Shaitan whispers to Adam (as) and Eve, but it is not Iblis. Iblis was simply an enemy of Adam (as). Look at verses 7:11-18, Iblis is addressed, and when verse 7:19-22 mentions the Garden and the forbidden tree, Shaitan is mentioned.

This is your reasoning... and I will have to respectfully disagree with your opinion on the basis that there are ahadeeth mentioning the opposite to your opinion - one such example is as bro Signor posted above me.

Bro Ahmad H, How would you respond to the hadeeth bro Signor mentioned?

format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
abir (Radi Allah Anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Iblis places his throne upon water; he then sends detachments (for creating dissension) ; the nearer to him in tank are those who are most notorious in creating dissension. One of them comes and says: I did so and so. And he says: You have done nothing. Then one amongst them comes and says: I did not spare so and so until I sowed the seed of discord between a husband and a wife. The Satan goes near him and says: 'You have done well. A'mash said: He then embraces him.[Sahih Muslim: Book 039 'Kitab Sifat Al-Qiyamah wa'l Janna wa'n-Nar', Number 6755]

Ahmad H
12-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Bro Ahmad H, How would you respond to the hadeeth bro Signor mentioned?
My response is that the evidence of the Qur'an trumps over the evidence the Ahadith give, despite those Ahadith being from Bukhari or Muslim. The reason is that the Holy Qur'an is the primary source of guidance, and Ahadith can always contain even slight errors, despite their being completely Sahih.

And yes, I have read this Hadith many times before. There are many traditions mentioned by Ibn Jarir At-Tabari (ra), but that does not mean he is correct when he quotes them. Traditions may or may not explain the Qur'an correctly. Some say that Iblis was an angel but was part of a tribe of angels called the Jinn, then he disobeyed. How can he disobey when the Qur'an very strongly explains that the angels never disobey? Therefore, those traditions are to be discarded as explanations of the Qur'an, despite the chains. I don't say this of my own, some scholars have explained this fact about angels. And after the evidence from the Qur'an, there is evidence on top of that that Iblis was not a jinn among the angels, because Sahih Muslim explains that angels are made of light, Jinn out of fire and man out of what Allah mentioned in the Qur'an. I accept this only because it further elaborates on the truth about Iblis and the angels. I do not solely rely on it to justify that Iblis was not a tribe of angels. Once I considered the evidence from the Qur'an, as the scholars understand it, then I went to the Ahadith.

Therefore, after elaborating on that example, I need some evidence from the Qur'an to suggest that Iblis is THE Shaitan. One Hadith of Muslim does not suffice. The best explanation of the Qur'an, according to every single scholar of the Qur'an, is the Qur'an. After you mention what the Qur'an explains, then I will consider the evidence from this Hadith and others to further explain it.

Scimitar
12-19-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm unsure as to why you are asking me to explain my view when my view is the same as the majority view - which is that Iblis is Satan, in fact - The Satan.

To be quite honest, what you are saying is totally new to me and makes no sense whatsoever - at all. The reason being is that you seem to think the mentioning of two names for one person in the Quran is actually the mentioning of two personalities - in this case you claim that Iblis and Satan are mutually exclusive personalities... which I would agree with to a pooint (being that Iblis was the better personality adopted by said entity (Jinn) and thus lost the right to that personality when he disobeyhed Allahs command), but when you claim they are different altogether - as in two separate entities, I have a problem.

You see, the word Satan (Shaytaan) means "outcast" - it is the title afforded to Iblis after he fell from grace by not prostrating. Not be referred to by his heavenly name of Iblis ever again...

You seem to split hairs over issues that make no sense to me at all.

In fact, just going by authentic islamic view, Ibn Kathir paints it clear in his Qisas al Anbiyaa, chapter one ADAM.

Scimi

Ahmad H
12-19-2013, 02:03 AM
You're right, Ibn Kathir helped me understand this better. Iblis is the leader of the forces of evil in general. It still remains that many things are termed Satan, but notice how Iblis is "Shaytan ar-Rajeem". Also, his name is an epithet for something, not a proper name. That's why he mentioned that Iblis had some other name before. Think of how Abu Lahab and Abu Jahl are epithet names, not their actual names. That's my theory, but if the traditions are correct about Iblis having a proper name before, then it follows that Iblis became an epithet for him based on his disobedience and being outcast.

A lot of things are termed Shaytan though, animals, people, etc. Iblis sends out Shaytan as well, and he is one himself. But yes, he is designated the leader of them all. What I confused myself with was the fact that the Shaytan mentioned in the story of Adam (as) was not him himself, but someone else who was a Shaytan. That was where my confusion lay. So yes, Iblis is that leader of the Shaytans, just not that one that directly mislead Adam and Eve, as the Qur'an said.

Signor
12-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Traditions may or may not explain the Qur'an correctly. Some say that Iblis was an angel but was part of a tribe of angels called the Jinn, then he disobeyed. How can he disobey when the Qur'an very strongly explains that the angels never disobey? Therefore, those traditions are to be discarded as explanations of the Qur'an, despite the chains. I don't say this of my own, some scholars have explained this fact about angels. And after the evidence from the Qur'an, there is evidence on top of that that Iblis was not a jinn among the angels, because Sahih Muslim explains that angels are made of light, Jinn out of fire and man out of what Allah mentioned in the Qur'an. I accept this only because it further elaborates on the truth about Iblis and the angels. I do not solely rely on it to justify that Iblis was not a tribe of angels. Once I considered the evidence from the Qur'an, as the scholars understand it, then I went to the Ahadith.
:rolleyes:...This was my expressions after reading your posts.Instead of getting more confused,Its better to read this article.

Satan is not an angel but a jinn. Like the human beings, the jinn have been given the freedom of obeying or disobeying by their will.
He explains why Satan was also included in the command of “Prostration before Adam” together with the angels although he was not one of the angels, as follows: “When Allah Most Exalted commanded angels to prostrate before Adam, Satan was also included in this command. For although he was not of their kind, he resembled them and performed their deeds. Therefore, Satan was also counted as addressee to this command which was directed to angels. And he was condemned because he did not fulfill the command.” (36)
Ibn Kasir, 1/133.

Iblis, the Ancestor of the Jinn and the Satans
Several opinions have been put forward about who the ancestor of the jinn and the satans was. As it was mentioned before, it was stated that “Jann” mentioned in the surahs (chapter of the Holy Qur'an) ar-Rahman and al-Hijr, was the name of the being who was the ancestor of the jinn, and Iblis was also from his descendants. People having this opinion stated that in terms of the jinn and the satans, Iblis was at the status of Noah (peace be upon him) as regards to the humans. Namely, as all people were destroyed after the Deluge of Noah except his generation and he virtually became the second ancestor of the human beings, mainly according to some narrations from Israeli sources, because of their extreme disobedience, when the jinn were killed by the armies of angels, Iblis, who had not rebelled yet, became the second ancestor of the jinn and the subsequent jinn came into existence from his generation.

However, it is not the commonly accepted opinion. As we have indicated briefly while mentioning the meanings of those names, as we take the related ayahs (verses) of the Qur’an and the hadiths (sayings or traditions of the Prophet Muhammad)as a base, the opinion that Iblis is the ancestor of the jinn and the satans is more acceptable. Therefore, we named the heading as “Iblis, the Anchestor of the Jinn and the Satans” and we will discuss the subject from that point of view. In addition, so to speak, we will follow a chronological order while we discuss the subject.

A) THE CREATION OF IBLIS
In two places in the Noble Qur’an, it is stated that Iblis was created from fire(1). When he was commanded to prostrate before Adam (peace be upon him), he indicated his essence, namely the thing he was created from and said “You did create me from fire, and him from clay.” (the Qur’an, The Heights (Al-Aráf); 12 (7: 12) and Sad; 76 (38: 76)) as the reason of why he had not prostrated before Adam. Those words, which Almighty Allah narrates us as the words of Satan, inform us about the creation of Iblis.

In two places in the Qur’an, it is stated that “Jann” was created from fire. The ayah “And he created the jinns from maarij of fire” (Qur’an, The Most Beneficient (Ar-Rahman); 15 (55:15)) informs that the creation is from “maarij”. Maarij means both fire mixed with smoke and smokeless-pure fire. However, the fact that ayah also mentions the word fire indicates that is smokeless-pure fire. Thus, it is comprehended that Jann was created from pure- unadulterated fire (2). According to Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) that expression means “the most beautiful and the pure fire.” According to Mujahid, it is the yellow-greenish flame rising when a fire is candled(3). Alusi explains it as “the smokeless pure flame”(4). If it is noticed, all of those signify almost the same meaning.

As Almighty Allah stated that He had created human from dry clay, that is, pure, juicy mud. He also stated that Jann had been created from pure fire. If it is asked how the word maarij can be said to have the meaning “mixed” although it also has the meaning “pure”, the answer is as follows: “When the fire is strong, its flames rise and mix with each other to the upmost level and they become one-piece just like well mixed mud whose pieces are blended with each other in a favorable and harmonic way and can not be distinguished from each other. That situation can also be observed in a well flamed oven. If some woods are thrown into the fire, it ignites them immediately. In the same way, the “maarij” that the jinns have been created from is a fire whose parts have been mixed with each other and have become one piece and the smoke of that fire, flame and parts burning on the ground cannot be distinguished from each other.”(5)

In the second ayah about this subject, Almighty Allah states the creation of the two kinds of beings and He says: “We created man from sounding clay, from mud molded into shape. And the jinn We created before, from the fire of samum.” (the Qur’an, The Rocky Tract (Al-Hijr); 26,27 (15: 26,27)). As it is comprehended from the ayah, Jann was created before the human beings (6). If the creation of the human beings is considered to be the last ring in the creation of the universe, Jann has been created as the penultimate ring (7).

About “the samum fire” mentioned in the ayah, some said, “It is the flame of the fire.” And some others said, “It is the simoom which is hot at the perishing degree”(8). With the help of the previous ayah, that is understood to be a kind of fire. However, since it penetrates through the pores of the skin of the body, it is called as “samum”. The wind penetrating into human is also called as “simoom” because of that (9). In a relation, it is declared: “Samum is the smokeless fire and the stars are also created from that fire” (10) and it shows that “the samum fire” and the “maarij of the fire” mentioned in the previous ayah are the same. According to it, one of those words telling the same thing declares that fire is a pure and smokeless fire and the other declares that it is burning and parching. Alusi points to it while he is explaining the “samum fire” as “the supremely fervent fire”(11). In some hadiths, it is informed that the fire Jann was created from is much hotter than the fires we know. According to a hadith Abu Dawud at-Tawalisi relates from Ibn Mas’ud (may Allah be pleased with him), “The fires (we see in the world) are seventy degrees lighter than the fire Jann has been created from.”(12)

Putting a new approach forward about our subject in his book, Ahmad Khulusi states that the “samum fire” in the ayah may be rays and he puts the following ideas forward: “In the Noble Qur’an, taking the level of the comprehension of the time it was revealed into consideration, it was not explained as “We created jinn from such and such rays”; but by an allusive expression, it was described as “the smokeless fire” and “the fire penetrating through the most subtle pores” and it was left to the comprehension of the people and their sciences to come to a level that they will cover that subject.”(13)

In the last two ayahs, the subject was the creation of Jann and in the first two ayahs, it was the creation of Iblis. It was discussed whether Iblis and Jann were the same. As it was mentioned before, while Hasan Basri said “Jann is Iblis, who is the ancestor of the jinns”, Mujahid said “He is the ancestor of the jinn, but he is not Iblis.” Some others say, “Jann is the name of a kind including all of the jinn.”(14) According to it, as the word human is a name including all of the humans and their ancestor Hazrat Adam, Jann is also an appellative name including all of the jinn and their ancestor, Iblis. Actually, if it is noticed, in the last ayah, as the creation of man from clay and the creation of Jann from fire are explained as if two kinds of beings are mentioned.

Like Hasan Basri, Tabari is of the opinion that Iblis is the ancestor of the jinn and Jann here refers to Iblis.(15) Some important commentators such as Muqatil, Qatada and Ata are also of the same opinion. Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) is also of the same opinion and the relation coming from him “Jann is the ancestor of the jinn”(16) does not put a different opinion forward; it shows that Jann is Iblis at the same time. With a different opinion, although some persons say “Jinn are a different kind from satans”, as it is seen, the true opinion most of the scholars accept is that satans are of the same kind with jinn and the unbelieving jinn are called as satans(17).

We can adduce some hadiths as proofs for the sameness of Iblis and Jann: In a relation coming from Hazrat Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her), the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: “The angels were created from light, Jann was created from the flame of fire and Adam was created from the thing that was told you (in the Qur’an)”(18). In the hadith Ibn Marduya related from our mother Hazrat Aisha, it was told “Allah created the angels from the light of the Throne; Jann from the flame of fire; and Adam from the thing told you (in the Qur’an).”(19) In the hadiths like that, as Adam, the ancestor of the humans, was substituted instead of “human”, then Iblis, who was the ancestor of that kind and who was mentioned with his clear name in the previous ayahs, can be used instead of “Jann”(20). Actually, in the Qur’an where Hazrat Adam is mentioned, Iblis is mentioned just beside him as the kind opponent to him. The situation is the same also in the hadiths. However, as it is seen, it happens sometimes by the name Iblis, sometimes by the name Jann and sometimes by the attribute satan.

Those explanations discussing the creation of those two kinds in a comparative way also seem to be interesting: “In terms of the jinn, Jann is like Adam in respect to the humans. As the former of our kind was created from “salsal”, namely, from pure, dry clay and the ones coming after him were created from his offspring; the first jinn was created from fire, and his descendants coming after him were created from “maarij”, namely from pure fire.”(21)

B) THE FIRST REBELLION OF IBLIS AGAINST ALLAH
Iblis, who had been created before man, as it can be comprehended from the ayahs, began to live in the heavens and in Paradise with the angels and he must have been charged with some orders which did not injure his pride. Some relations coming from Israeli sources also support it. Just then, when Almighty Allah informed the angels about the creation of Adam and the important authority he would bestow him, as we have explained widely in the section of the angels, we can not know what kind of an attitude Iblis, who was probably near them, displayed when the angels asked the reason of it with the purpose of understanding the wisdom of it because, the related ayahs do not mention about it. Perhaps with the angels, the same questioning was also the same for Iblis. There was not any problem in respect to Iblis in that point. If there had been, he would have rebelled just at that time.

When Almighty Allah created Adam (peace be upon him) and fashioned him, He commanded His angels to prostrate before him (Qur’an, The Heights (Al-Aráf); 11 (7: 11)). That command also included Iblis who had been created before and who was with the angels. Iblis was aware of it. All angels obeyed Allah’s command and prostrated before Adam. However, Iblis did not obey Allah’s command and he rebelled. Almighty Allah reminds it and He states: “And when We said unto the angels: Fall down prostrate before Adam and they fell prostrate all save Iblis,”(theQur’an, The Journey By Night (Al-Isra); 61 (17: 61)) “He refused“ (the Qur’an, Ta-Ha); 116 (20: 116)).
The rebellion of Iblis is repeated and emphasized in seven parts in the Noble Qur’an because it is a very important event in the history of the created things and for the human beings:

The verses “Behold thy Lord said to the angels: I am about to create man, from sounding clay from mud molded into shape; when I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of my spirit, fall you down in obeisance unto him. So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together: Not so Iblis: he refused to be among those who prostrated themselves.” (the Qur’an, The Rocky Tract (Al-Hijr); 28-31 (15: 28-31); Sa’d; 71-74 (38: 71-74)) show that Almighty Allah told the command of prostration before the creation of Adam (peace be upon him). Therefore, it was not an instantaneous command that the addressees did not have the chance to think about. It shows that the rebellion of Iblis was not a sudden action but a minutely aforethought action.

And when We said unto the angels: Prostrate yourselves before Adam, they fell prostrate, all save Iblis. He demurred through pride, and so became a disbeliever.” (Qur’an, The Cow (Al-Baqara); 34 (2: 34); Sa’d; 74 (38: 74)), namely, he was one of those whose rebellion and unbelief in the future have been known in Allah’s pre-eternal knowledge or he was from that unbelieving nation that had lived on the earth before the creation of Adam and had been destroyed since they had plotted mischief on the earth.”(22). According to another strong commentary, “Although he had not been an unbeliever before, he became from the unbelievers by getting proud and not prostrating.”(23) Thus, according to most of the scholars, he was the first one who rebelled against Allah and showed unbelief, namely, who acted ungratefully (24) because, his rebellion by disobeying Allah’s command and his becoming haughty and arrogant before Allah was infidelity(25).

Was Iblis an angel?
Was Iblis one of the angels, namely, was his disobedience to that command directed to the angels regarded as a rebellion due to the fact that he was an angel? It is one of the subjects on which different opinions have been put forward by the Islamic scholars.
The related ayahs show that all the angels were commanded to prostrate; all of them obeyed and only Iblis did not obey and he was “exceptional” from the ones who obeyed the command. If we consider the clear meaning of the ayahs, Iblis should be regarded as an angel regarding that “exception” as “continuous exception” with the technical expression(26). That is, for example, if you say “Humans are serious sinners except the prophets…”, you emphasize that the prophets are also inclusive of humans but they are at a different rank. Thus, in that way, if the things excepted and the things not excepted are from the same kind, it is called “continuous exception”. According to it, when you say “The angels prostrated except Iblis..”, at the first glance, it means “So, Iblis was from the angels”.
In the Surah Kahf, Almighty Allah says “And (remember) when We said unto the angels: Fall prostrate before Adam, and they fell prostrate, all save Ibis. He was of the Jinn, so he rebelled against his Lord's command…” (the Qur’an, The Cave (Al-Kahf); 50 (18: 50)) and shows that such a meaning is wrong; again by the technical expression, the exception here is “separated exception”, namely, the thing excepted and the things not excepted are two different kinds of beings. For example, it is from the kind of the exception in the sentence “The villagers came but their donkeys did not come.”

Likewise, in that verse, it is stated that Iblis broke the command of Allah. In other verses about the angels, it is informed that the angels never break Allah’s commands. Besides, the last sentence of the verse already indicates the source of his disobedience against Allah’s command.
Islamic scholars have made several explanations about that subject and they have interpreted the ayahs differently since some of the words have different meanings at the same time: While some of them stated that Iblis was the ancestor of the jinn kind, some others stated that “He was an angel but he became an unbeliever by rebelling Allah”, “A man becoming an unbeliever does not get out of the nature of being a human; similarly, Satan did not get out of the angel nature which was made of fire.”(27)

According to a relation coming from Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him), “Iblis was from a clan of the angels. It was a clan that was called as jinn and was created from the burning fire. The name of Iblis was “Haris” then and he was one of the guards of Parasadise. The angels except that clan were created from light.” Again, according to another relation from Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him), “The name of Iblis was “Azazil” and he used to live on the earth. He was one of the strongest of the angels in terms of knowledge and intelligence.”(28)

The first residents of the earth were the jinn. The jinn stirred up trouble on earth and they shed blood. Almighty Allah sent Iblis in the leadership of an army from the angels against them. Iblis defeated that unruly beings with his army and exiled them to the islands and foots of the hills. Iblis and his army consisting of the angels settled down on the developed and productive places of the earth (29). After performing that action, he became proud of himself by thinking “I succeeded something that nobody has succeeded before.” Certainly, Almighty Allah was aware of his pride. However, the angels with him did not know about it.

When Almighty Allah told the angels that he would make a caliph on the earth, they asked “Will you make a being who will make mischief and shed blood there as before the jinns did? We were sent against them before because of that.” Almighty Allah said “I know what you do not know.” Namely, He said “I know that arrogance and the proud existing in the heart of Iblis which you do not know.” Then, Almighty Allah ordered the dust of Adam to be brought. The dust was brought and Allah created Adam… Adam waited for forty nights as a lifeless statue thrown to a place. Iblis approached his lifeless statue several times, he kicked it with his foot and produced sound from him; he blew inside him as if puffing inside a reed; he entered inside him from his mouth and came out from his back; he was entered inside him from his back and came out from his mouth. He said to that dry clayYou are nothing. If I pester you, I bring to ruin you. If you pester me, I will not listen you”…(30)
In a relation reported by Ibn Abbas and Ibn Mas’ud (may Allah be pleased with them), it is stated “Iblis was charged of the management of the first heaven and the earth and he belonged to a clan of the angels called jinn. That clan was named as “jinn” since they were charged of guarding Paradise. For this reason, Iblis was one of the guards of Paradise.”(31)

In those relations, it is expressed that Iblis is from the jinn and jinn are a kind of the angels. Although those relations solve the problem of the apparent contradiction between the expression “He was of the Jinn, so he rebelled against his Lord's command” which was shown as the rebellion reason of Iblis and his being an addressee of the prostration command directed to the angels, they do not seem to be strong enough since they strain the related ayahs very much.

We want to introduce the different explanations and the result from the point view of Fakhruddin Razi:
In that ayah, Almighty Allah said that Iblis was from the jinn. The scholars have three explanations about the issue:
1) Iblis was from the angels. His being from the angels is not contradictory to his being from the jinn at the same time… because a clan from the angels was called as jinn… moreover, the jinn were called so since they could not be seen by eye. Angels cannot be seen, either. Consequently, they also belonged to the jinn class. Moreover, Iblis was from the guards of Paradise and for this reason, he was related to Paradise (Jannah) and it was said “He was from the jinn.” Furthermore, according to a relation, he was from the clan of the angels called “Jinanees” who used to mold the adornments of the persons deserving of heaven since their creations.
2) According to the second explanation about that subject, Iblis was from the jinn satans created from fire and he was the first ancestor of them.
3) According to the third opinion, he was from the angels but he was transformed into a satan. The main thing pointing out that Iblis was not from the angels was the fact that Almighty Allah stated that Iblis had offspring by stating the following in that ayah, namely, at the end of the 50th ayah of surah al Kahf: “Will you choose him and his offspring for your protecting friends instead of Me, when they are an enemy unto you?” However, offspring and generation, namely, having offspring by procreation is out of question for the angels. So, Iblis can not be from the angels.”(32) Having that opinion, Ibn Zayd states, “As Adam (peace be upon him) is the ancestor of the humans, Iblis is the ancestor of the jinn”(33) However, no living things are mentioned as the ancestor of the angels. If they had procreation, they also would have an ancestor like the humans and the jinn. So, Allah creates them directly, not in the way of procreation and springing up.

Again, people claiming that Iblis is not from the angels adduce the following proofs: In the Qur’an, Almighty Allah states that He has created Iblis from fire; but He does not inform us from what He has created the angels. Moreover, in the Qur’an, there is no information relating to Iblis that he has been created from the substance that the angels have been created from. Besides, it is also stated that Iblis is from the jinn. Therefore, it is not right to say that it is permissible to relate Iblis to something except Almighty Allah relates him to.”(34)

Tabari objects to those evidences and he says: “Those evidences arise from the weakness of the knowledge of their owners. It cannot be denied that Almighty Allah might have created some of the different kinds of the angels from light, some of them from fire and some of them from anything He wishes. Actually, there is no information about what the angels have been created from and stating what Iblis has been created from does not show that he is not from the angels. In the same way, it is not an obstacle for the possibility that Iblis might be from an angel kind that Almighty Allah has created from fire. Likewise, the existence of the offspring of Iblis does not necessitate that he is not from the angels. When Almighty Allah willed him to commit sin, He gave him a sense of pleasure and a feeling of appetite which did not exist in the angels. Also, Almighty Allah’s informing that Iblis is from the jinn is not an obstacle for him to be an angel. Not only Iblis but also the angels are called so since they cannot be seen by humans and every invisible thing is called as “jinn.”(35)

As it is seen, Tabari is of the opinion that although Iblis was an angel actually, he became a satan since he did not obey the command of Allah. However, Ibn Kathir is not of the same opinion. He explains his being the addressee of the command of “prostrate before Adam” with the angels although he is not from the angels as follows: “When Almighty Allah commanded the angels to prostrate before Adam, Iblis was regarded to be inclusive in that command. Although he was not of their kind, he was like them and he was performing their deeds. Because of that, Iblis was also regarded as the addressee of that command directed to the angels. And he was condemned since he did not obey that command.(36)

Like Tabari, Alusi also lists the evidences of the ones telling that Iblis is not from the angels and replies them, and he agrees with Tabari. According to his determinations, some scholars state that “Iblis is from a kind called jinn which is different from the angels” by putting forward the ayah “He was of the jinn” (Qur’an, The Cave (Al-Kahf); 50 (18: 50)); and that Iblis is arrogant in contrast to the angels, who are not arrogant and that Iblis is created from fire unlike angels, who are created from light as it is stated in the hadith.

In that point, Alusi says: “All of the scholars of the sahabis (companions of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)) and the next generation succeeding them stated that Iblis was from the angels by putting forward “the exception” part showing that Iblis did not obey that command in the verses telling the angels to prostrate before Adam, was the separate exception.”(37) I do not know how Alusi reached such a result. If it was so, the opinion that Iblis was from the angels would be accepted by the following generations of the ummah (community) without any objection.

Alusi, seeming to accept the opinion that Iblis was from the angels, responds to the counter evidences as follows: the fact that Iblis becomes haughty although the angels are not haughty is not an obstacle for Iblis to be from the angels. It is either because there are some which are not innocent among the angels, or Almighty Allah has taken the angelic attributes away from Iblis and has given him the devilish attributes. According to it, Iblis rebelled after he had taken the devilish attributes … The fact that Iblis has been created from fire in contrast to the angels, who have been created from light is not an obstacle to that situation, either. Because, fire and light are the same in essence… Still, Almighty Allah knows the truth.”(38)

Considering the subject of the creation of the living things from a different point of view, some Sufis discuss the creation of the angels and Iblis, too. However, it is quite different to determine the trustworthy, reliable sources of those interpretations.(39)
Both kinds of narrations have reached us form the predecessors about the subject whether Iblis is from the angels or from the jinn. Similar interpretations were mentioned before; the following is a relation coming from Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him):
There was a clan of the angels called jinn. Iblis used to belong to that clan and he used to go and return between the heaven and the earth previously. When he rebelled, Allah became angry with him and He transformed him into a satan and He cursed him. If he had not been from the angels, he would not have been commanded to prostrate.”

Sa’id b. Musayyab, from the next generation of the Sahabis, states: “Iblis used to be the head of the angels of the lowest heaven previously.” According to Qatada, Iblis took the name of “jinn” having the meaning “hiding the obedience”, namely, “not performing” since he turned away from obeying Almighty Allah and hid the obedience. Another scholar of the next generation of the sahabis, Hasan Basri, states: “Iblis has never been from the angels even for a moment”(40) ”because, he was created from fire and the angels were created from light. The angels never refrain from worshipping Allah, they never become haughty, and they never get tired and never rebel. However, Iblis is not so. He rebelled and became haughty. The angels are not from the jinn. However, Iblis is from the jinn. The angels are the messengers of Allah but Iblis is not so… When Iblis was commanded to prostrate with the angels, Allah excluded him. The name of Iblis used to be something else. However, when he rebelled against Allah, Allah called him with that name. He used to be a believer and used to worship in the heavens till he rebelled against Allah. When he rebelled, he was brought down to the earth.”(41)

As it is seen, both of the opinions take place at the predecessors. The correctness of the relations about that event is not precise, either. Calling out attentions to that, Ibn Kathir states, “A lot of relations have come from the predecessors, namely, from the sahabis and their next generation about the first times of Iblis. Most of them are the relations coming from Israeli sources narrated to attract people’s attentions.”(42) That information Alusi narrates has almost the same situation: “There used to be jinn before Iblis, too. However, they were destroyed and only Iblis remained from them. Therefore, the jinn and the satans of our age are his descendants. According to it, the status of Iblis among the jinn is like the status of Noah (peace be upon him) among the humans.”(43)

As it will be seen from our explanations from the beginning, both sides have evidences and counter defenses. However, the opinion that Iblis is not an angel but a different kind predominates (44) and it is more compatible with the verses and the clear meanings of the hadiths(45). One of the most important evidences of that issue as Razi also calls our attentions are (46) the 40th and 41st ayahs of the surah Saba’. In those ayahs, it is informed that, in the Day of Judgment, in response to the question of Almighty Allah about the unbelievers “Did those worship you?”, the angels will answer, “Glory to You, our (tie) is with You as Protector, not with them. Nay, but they worshipped the Jinn.” That clear expression shows that the angels and the jinns are two different kinds.

Lastly, it is necessary to answer the following question briefly:
Question: The word “Kana” is used in the meaning of “it was, it became” in the Quran. Although the expression “Kane min al kafirin” is translated as “He became from the unbelievers” in Baqarah 34, the expression “kane min al jinn” is translated as “He was from the jinns”. However, if it were translated as “He became from the jinns”, a meaning that Iblis used to be an angel previously, but when he revolted against Allah’s command, he was overthrown from being an angel and became a jinn would be understood. Why was such a translation made, then?
Answer: The exception in the ayah “Fe sajadu illa Iblis= They all prostrated except Iblis”, -as it was explained before- is not continuous but separated. In the separated/ discrete exception, the exception is not from the kind of the one it was excepted from. For example, in the sentence “Jaal qawmu illa baqarah= the entire of the community came except a cow”, the word cow is exceptional from the community but is not from their kind. So, from that verse, -in terms of grammar- there is no obligation to say that satan is from the angels.

The fact that the translation of kana is sometimes as “it was” and sometimes as “it became” is because of a rule of the Turkish language besides the wide meaning of the word. The word can be understood as “it became later” besides it can be understood as ”it has been like that all along.”
For that reason, even if it is translated as “he was of the jinn”, it is wrong to get the meaning “Iblis used to be an angel formerly but when he disobeyed Allah’s command, he was overthrown from being an angel and he was made join to the jinn”. Because, the terms jinn and angel do not express a rank, an attribute or a character – gained later- but express a generation and a kind -existing naturally-. Whatever its form, attribute, obedience or disobedience of it be, neither of the angels can become a jinn and neither of the jinns can become an angel. Which of the prophets, who obey Allah as much as the angels, has become an angel? Or, many pharaohs have passed by and which of them has been involved in the jinn kind? The surah an-Nas’ separating the human satans and the jinn satans from each other has shed easiness and light to comprehend the subject.

However, the terms “unbelief-belief” are not attributes rising from the kind but are attributes gained afterwards. Therefore, the expression “kana min al kafirin” expressing the unbelief gained later should be translated as “he became from the unbelievers.”

Footnotes can accessed in Source

The best explanation of the Qur'an, according to every single scholar of the Qur'an, is the Qur'an.
That's correct,But doesn't makes it the only explanation.

Simple Rules of Tafseer:

• One part of Quraan interprets the other
  • Hadith(saying+Actions) Interprets Quraan
  • Ta'weel:Further explained below

1) To understand a word in light of one of its connotations, despite the fact that this connotation is not the primary intent of the word.

2) To explain a word or phrase.(Taweel in General)

3) The actuality of an event( Taweel in particular)

So yes, Iblis is that leader of the Shaytans, just not that one that directly mislead Adam and Eve, as the Qur'an said.
^When you hand pick things out of context,this is what happens.This not how you read a book.

2:34

Sahih International
And when We said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.

2:35

Sahih International
And We said, "O Adam, dwell, you and your wife, in Paradise and eat therefrom in [ease and] abundance from wherever you will. But do not approach this tree, lest you be among the wrongdoers."

2:36

Sahih International
But Satan caused them to slip out of it and removed them from that [condition] in which they had been. And We said, "Go down, [all of you], as enemies to one another, and you will have upon the earth a place of settlement and provision for a time."

A helpful explanation for you

First to know is generally (not specific to Quran) that:

• Ibles is the Grand Shaytan, he is a Jinn, and the first one of all Shaytans. He is the one who disobeyed Allah's order to him to prostrate (يسجد) to Adam (PBUH), while
  • Shaytan is every unbeliever Jinn (i.e, Kafer كافر of Jinn), and so Ibles is one of them.

Now it's argued whether Ibles is the Father of Jinn (just like Adam is the father of Humans), or he is the father of only Shaytans and not the whole Jinn, or he is the father of neither, I will not discuss this here (and I don't have enough proofs to any viewpoint).

Now that's for generally speaking, BUT FOR Quran there is a specification. In fact in Quran, that rule doesn't apply, as the word "Shaytan" is mentioned sometimes with the meaning of Ibles, and some other times in the meaning of all Shaytans (i.e, Shaytan Kind).

For example, in this Aya, the word الشيطان (Shaytan) means the whole Shaytan Kind, as Ibrahim (PBUH) tells his father not to worship Shaytans (written Satan in the translation):

يَا أَبَتِ لَا تَعْبُدِ الشَّيْطَانَ ۖ إِنَّ الشَّيْطَانَ كَانَ لِلرَّحْمَٰنِ عَصِيًّا

Sahih International

O my father, do not worship Satan. Indeed Satan has ever been, to the Most Merciful, disobedient.

Surat Maryam - 44.

Whereas in this aya, the word الشيطان (Shaytan) means Ibles himself, because he was mentioned before two Ayat (in this aya), so the word in the following Aya refers to Ibles himself (in fact this has an Arabic Language side, as well):

فَأَزَلَّهُمَا الشَّيْطَانُ عَنْهَا فَأَخْرَجَهُمَا مِمَّا كَانَا فِيهِ ۖ وَقُلْنَا اهْبِطُوا بَعْضُكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ ۖ وَلَكُمْ فِي الْأَرْضِ مُسْتَقَرٌّ وَمَتَاعٌ إِلَىٰ حِينٍ

Sahih International

But Satan caused them to slip out of it and removed them from that [condition] in which they had been. And We said, "Go down, [all of you], as enemies to one another, and you will have upon the earth a place of settlement and provision for a time."

Surat Al-Baqarah - 36

So, we conclude that:

Shaytan is a word that refers to any unbeliever Jinn, i.e, to a kind of the Jinn.
Ibles is a name of the first Shaytan (who disobeyed Allah's order to him to prostrate to Adam), he himself has only one (known) name, it's Ibles.
In Quran, the word Shaytan sometimes refers to all Shaytans, and some other times it refers to Ibles himself, it depends on the context.
That's my theory
And That's the PROBLEM

Regards

Ahmad H
12-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Yes, I was confused. I see now that I had distinguished the father of the Shaytans as not being Iblis at first. This means that the Dajjal is in fact a manifestation of Iblis in the world. Going back to the topic.

The original point I wanted to make was that everything you see mentioned about this Shaytaan in the Holy Qur'an is manifested in the Dajjal when he comes to the world. Shaytan promises nothing but deceit, so does Dajjal. Shaytan calls people to the Fire, so does the Dajjal. Shaytan rallies disbelievers, whole hordes of them, so does Dajjal. etc. etc.

If you read what Shaytan does in the Holy Qur'an, you will see a resemblance with the Dajjal. I did this, and it really opened my eyes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!