/* */

View Full Version : A reminder to new muslims.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-01-2011, 12:03 PM
:sl:
i thought that as new Muslims, one may have a lot of difficulty after entering Islam whether it be related to their religious affairs or just adjusting to a new lifestyle and getting used to it.

I know this section is dedicated to new Muslims and that it goes without saying, but you should be reminded that if you have any queries or questions regarding Islam or just your life in general that you may feel difficulty with since trying to adjust to a new life style, please dont be shy to ask any questions. and this doesn't just extend to this forum, this also extends to

we have plenty of reverts here alhamdulillah and we have many Muslims who are willing to help inshallah...whatever the question/query (sp?) is, it doesn't really matter.

please dont be put off by the difficulties you may face as new reverts...we make mistakes and learn from them and become stronger people.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sunnie Ameena
04-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Thank you for the advice. I want to learn so much, and I get confused. For instance, during the 5 daily prayers, is it the exact same thing said each time, and what is the difference in Friday prayers compared to the other days of prayer?

SAKER
05-08-2011, 12:45 AM
In Jomou´a - friday pray - there is 2 rakaa´t only and the imam make a speech in the mosque ..

But if you pray at home it must be 4 rakaat- rakaa is a unite of a pray .
Al fajr ...2
Al zohr...4.....in friday it will be 2
Al asr...4
Al maghreb...3
Al ichaa....4

Hope it clear ....sorry for my bad english ...

I welcome any more question

Perseveranze
05-08-2011, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie
Thank you for the advice. I want to learn so much, and I get confused. For instance, during the 5 daily prayers, is it the exact same thing said each time, and what is the difference in Friday prayers compared to the other days of prayer?
The first man Adam(pbuh) was created on this day.

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said: "Friday is the best of days. It was on this day that Hadrat Adam (peace be upon him) was created, it was on this day that he was granted entry into Paradise, it was on this day that he was removed from Paradise (which became the cause for man's existence in this universe, and which is a great blessing), and the day of resurrection will also take place on this day." (Sahih Muslim)

There's more information about this here - http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=1001&CATE=4

Point is, you get great awards for Friday prayers compared to other days. Friday prayer is something no Muslim should miss.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Anas Hasan
05-08-2011, 01:27 AM
السلام عليكم
I just wanted to add that for women praying in their house is better than praying in a mosque (as what prophet said).
So for women it makes no difference (Al-dohor/zohor in friday or any day)

Jalal~
05-08-2011, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anas Hasan
السلام عليكم
I just wanted to add that for women praying in their house is better than praying in a mosque (as what prophet said).
So for women it makes no difference (Al-dohor/zohor in friday or any day)
Heres the actual hadith to verify what Anas Hasan said:
It was narrated that Umm Humayd the wife of Abu Humayd al-Saa’idi came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I like to pray with you.” He said, “I know that you like to pray with me, but your prayer in your room is better for you than your prayer in your courtyard and your prayer in your courtyard is better for you than your praying in your house, and your prayer in your house is better for you than your prayer in the mosque of your people, and your prayer in the mosque of your people is better for you than your prayer in my mosque.” So she issued orders that a prayer-place be prepared for her in the furthest and darkest part of her house, and she used to pray there until she met Allaah (i.e., died).”

Ramadhan
05-08-2011, 03:17 AM
For instance, during the 5 daily prayers, is it the exact same thing said each time
The clear things up first, the faive daily prayers are "shalah" ("contact prayers", make differentiation with "prayers" or "supplications", because there's a lot of misunderstandings among non-muslim that think muslims pray to God only 5 times a day).
shalah are commanded by Allah and obligatory which must not be neglected, and shalah was also commanded to the previous prophets, including Jesus (pbuh). Evidence: current orthodox jews still perform their three time daily prayers.

Now, what to say in each shalah: the first two rakaah (units) of each and any shalah are the same (including the naafl or voluntary shalah), which include reciting Al Fatihah in the standing position. Al Fatiha is always recited during standing position in each rakaah in any shalah, that's the only obligatory recital in shalah. during other movements, supplications and praises to Allah SWT are said. The supplications and praises may vary between muslims, as prophet Muhammad SAW gave several examples where he sometimes recited different set of supplications and praises. Whichever you follow is good ONLY if you can ascertain that they were contained in shahih ahadeeth (authentic ahadeeth - the sayings and actions of prophet Muhammad SAW), however, for common folks and beginners, we also can follow one of the four majority mahdhabs as the scholars have done all the hard work for us and ensure that we follow qur'an and authentic sunnah.

Also remember that shalah fajr (pre-morning shalah) consists of 2 rakaat (units), shalah dhuhur (noon ) 4 rakaats, asr (afternoon) 4 rakaats, maghrib (sunset) 3 rakaats and isya' (after sunset) 4 rakaats.

Here's some basic info on how to perform shalah, you may see the differences in some supplications and praises, but never in the major movements and al fatiha:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salah
http://islam1.org/how_to_pray/salah.htm

please also remember that there's one difference in movement between men and women: when in prostration, women should place all their hands on the ground up to elbow.

Here's some youtube:

Ramadhan
05-08-2011, 04:01 AM
what is the difference in Friday prayers compared to the other days of prayer?

Friday prayers is the congregation prayer on fridays and is only obligatory for men in stead of dhuhr prayer and consists of 2 rakaat and must be conducted in mosques or equivalent. The friday prayer also is preceded by two units of sermon (khotbah) by a khatib (the person who give the sermon, not necessarily the imam). The commandment for friday prayer for men is so strong that Rasulullah SAW said, "A person who leaves (intentionally) 3 Friday prayers consecutively, Allah puts a seal on his heart." (Ahmad, Tirmizi, abu Dawud).

elina
05-08-2011, 09:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
:sl:
i thought that as new Muslims, one may have a lot of difficulty after entering Islam whether it be related to their religious affairs or just adjusting to a new lifestyle and getting used to it.

I know this section is dedicated to new Muslims and that it goes without saying, but you should be reminded that if you have any queries or questions regarding Islam or just your life in general that you may feel difficulty with since trying to adjust to a new life style, please dont be shy to ask any questions. and this doesn't just extend to this forum, this also extends to

we have plenty of reverts here alhamdulillah and we have many Muslims who are willing to help inshallah...whatever the question/query (sp?) is, it doesn't really matter.

please dont be put off by the difficulties you may face as new reverts...we make mistakes and learn from them and become stronger people.
salam ummu and thanks for the reminder..... ive found people on here to be so helpful and friendly but sometimes i avoid asking a question because i feel it sounds silly or maybe as an obvious answer that im just missing.......

al yunan
05-08-2011, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by elina
salam ummu and thanks for the reminder..... ive found people on here to be so helpful and friendly but sometimes i avoid asking a question because i feel it sounds silly or maybe as an obvious answer that im just missing.......
Salam Alaikum sister,

There is no such thing amongst Muslims as an embarrassing question only embarrassed answerers and there is also no such thing as a stupid question only stupid answers.
For the prophet s.a.w Inshallah said "he who does not feel for the Ummah is not one of us" (not ad verbum)
Imagine though in Qiyamat how embarrassed and stupid some of us will feel when we land in hell for either ignoring our brothers and sisters or because we where to proud to ask for help.

May Allah S.W.T protect us from our ego.
Masalam

elina
05-08-2011, 10:51 AM
wa alaikum salam and thank you so much for that brother al yunan. I actually didnt look at it that way (about landing in hell) and you are so right :)

Anas Hasan
05-09-2011, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by elina
I remember I had a course at my university (called communication skills), the Dr. kept saying throughout the semester "there is no silly question but silly answer", if you think about it, it's really true.

Jalal~
05-09-2011, 01:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anas Hasan
I remember I had a course at my university (called communication skills), the Dr. kept saying throughout the semester "there is no silly question but silly answer", if you think about it, it's really true.
Salams
yea my old English teacher had a quote on her wall at school that said: He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes. But he who does not ask a question is a fool forever.
Pretty neat i tell you.

al yunan
05-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Salam to all,

Actually the line I wrote about "there are no stupid questions........" comes from A hadith I was taught during one of my private classes.
I have no reference as I try to memorise the essence of what I'm taught only, as a result I only look up references as to Verse numbers.
I find the Idea of clicking for info to show or participate in knowledge as most unbecoming for a Muslim, then again I started schooling with a little blackboard and chalk instead of pen and paper. Allahu Alam.

The Hadith was about a discussion between the prophet s.a.w and the Sabaha r.a about Jannah.
The talk came to the topic of foods and fruits and one companion asked if there where toilets in Jannah as some fruit upset his stomach. The others laughed loudly to which the prophet s.a.w was displeased at the laughing and replied that there are none as none are necessary and that there is no such thing as silly questions just silly answers. (not ad verbum)

Should any one have a reference it would be much appreciated.
Msalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!