/* */

PDA

View Full Version : BSc Economics LSE

GuestFellow
04-02-2011, 02:54 PM
:sl:

I'm currently studying law but I was thinking of studying economics after I finished my law studies. I saved up a lot of money when I used to work because I did not know what to spend it on. :/

External Studies <- link

I wanted to study for a degree but it was too expensive. There is this external studies program for students. I did some research and basically you get no help, other than books, exam papers, syllabus, etc. It's cheaper and I can afford it.

I'm able to study on my own and don't have difficulty concentrating. I did some reading on economics and it is a very interesting subject, though I never knew there was a lot of maths involved. I'm comfortable at Maths, except probability... <_<

I don't know much about London School of Economics...is it good?

Shall I study this degree? I'm looking for answers from graduates who have already studied something similar like accounts, etc. I'm not interested in a career in economics, though I'm really interested in studying it and developing new skills.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
yas2010
04-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Salaam brother.

LSE has an excellent university to study with.
What are you thinking of doing post studies?

BSc Economics would open up many avenues, Insh'Allah!

Sister ( BA Hons, Msc) :)

GuestFellow
04-02-2011, 04:24 PM
^ Salaam,

What are you thinking of doing post studies?
I want to get a job as a Paralegal or a Costs Draftsman. Hoping to qualify as a Legal Executive or a Costs Lawyer in the long-term. I would like to study economics because it is interesting. I thought economics would be like business studies but it is completely different.

It is online degree...I'm worried that it might not be as valuable than compared to a degree from a "normal University".

yas2010
04-02-2011, 04:33 PM
To be honest. A lot of the older universities such as Liverpool, and other 'red brick' universities and even MIT in the states are increasingly focusing upon reaching out to students via online courses.
I think it will defintley show commitment on your behalf from an employers perspective.
Economics is a traditional subject. Whereas Business Studies is an amalgmation of aspects of economics, accountancy and other subject areas.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
04-02-2011, 05:57 PM
^ Oh okay.

I never really liked the idea of going to Uni and meeting new people. I was already sick of that when I was at school and at college lol. Any idea how difficult economics is?

Hannah.
04-02-2011, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I never really liked the idea of going to Uni and meeting new people. I was already sick of that when I was at school and at college lol.
Maybe that explains why "Croissants are your fwends." :statisfie

GuestFellow
04-02-2011, 07:07 PM
^ It sure does lol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!