/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rukhsati - Brother in need of help

omariqy
04-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Salaam,

I need some guidance and help on the issue of a rukhsati. When the guests depart instead of going back to my house as is tradition, we would quite like to not go back and spend time with each other. However I am getting strong opposition from my parents who want me to come back to the house even if it is only for an hour. Now I don't want to disobey my parents and make them angry. At the same time I don't want to do something that I don't want for the sake of doing it because 'that's what we have always done'. I need help on the issue and whether rukhsati has any place in Islam. Because I don't want to say no to something when my parents have a valid point.

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nature
04-05-2011, 07:55 AM
:sl:

Rukhsati is cultural tradition, nothing to do with islam. once you've done the nikkah your married, you can do what you want. your parents just wana keep up with tradition, yeh they'll prob be upset, your not adhering to traditions, but also tell them its not part of islam. If you & your wife intend to stay with them after, then its better not to have any bad feeling so make things clear how you both want things to be beforehand.

oh and mubarak, may allah bless your marriage.

:wa:

aadil77
04-05-2011, 08:02 AM
If its only an hour, can't be that bad

AslamP
04-18-2011, 04:53 AM
I'm sure your parents have made many sacrifices for you in life, what's the big deal if you give them one hour to make them happy. Inshallah, you will be with your wife/husband forever, one hour won't hurt, please, do so, parents don't live forever, don't carry regrets in your life, it's not worth it. Happy marriage - congrats!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zafran
04-18-2011, 05:03 AM
salaam

listen to your parents IMO

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!