/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dry Stuff Near Corner Of Eye, Wudu?

questions123
03-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi, when we wash our ears in Wudu, do we have to wash the whole back of the ear. Some of the videos on the internet show that the thumbs are passed behind the ear once, but this would mean that the whole of the back of the ear is probably not washed.
Do we just wash behind the ear the parts that are closest to the face, of the whole back of the ear?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
questions123
04-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Please someone reply. I have doubts when washing my ears in Wudu, do i have to wash the whole back of the ears?

Thanks

Tilmeez
04-10-2011, 10:33 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by questions123
I have doubts
Don't feed the doubts, just do what you feel will satisfy you. Otherwise passing well wet thumbs can do the job.

Only the last Sunday a man upset me by taking at least 15 - 20 minutes in Wadu. He was washing every part like 10 times. I was tired of waiting and I almost shouted on him: there is no cure for doubters. :-\

elina
04-10-2011, 10:34 AM
hi questions... from what ive read your hair and ears are just wiped rather than washed.... I found this googling

"With wet fingers, place thumbs at backs of ears, use index finger on curves of ear and middle finger to wash the ears. This is only done once"

I just run my thumbs and fingers over all my ear but i may be doing it wrong. Inshallah someone with more knowledge than me may be able to help better

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
questions123
04-11-2011, 01:48 AM
JazakAllah for the replies.

I know we are meant topass the thumbs behind the ears, but i am unsure of what parts behind the ear. Is it the whole of the back of the ear or just the part near the face. I spend time moving my thumbs up and down behind the ears trying to reach all parts, is this neccessary/. As in Wudu videos on youtube, people just pass the thumbs behind the ears once upwards, but doing so may not wet all of the back of the ear.

Thanks

questions123
04-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Salam,

I performed Wudu and prayed, then later realised dry stuff near the eye, would we have to repeat Wudu and pray again.
It says on the internet that dry stuff near the eye prevents water from reaching the skin.
I feel as if the dry stuff was actually inside the corner of the eye, as if it was on the surface it would have come off during washing.

JazakAllah.

questions123
04-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi,
please can someone clarify what part of the back of the ears we need to wash in Wudu?

JazakAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!