/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fears for our children...homeschooling?

ummibby
04-16-2011, 12:20 AM
:sl:

those of you who have been blessed with children, do you ever fear for their future in a western society?

i experience a lot of hostility here where i live and it scares me to think that i may have to send my child out into that society for schooling.

is homeschooling really an option? where does one start when considering this option?

and how do you cater for the child's need to interact with other children?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummshareef
04-17-2011, 03:47 PM
:wa:

Yes, sister, my DH and I constantly fear for our two boys, who are both at a UK state primary school. There are many, many aspects of their schooling where I feel I am having to accept compromises that make me deeply uncomfortable subhanallah - the mixed classes, the lack of time for salah, the 90%-women teaching staff, having to observe the kuffr dress code, the secular syllabus and the lack of discipline being at the top of our list of worries. They do attend evening and weekend madrassa to help with their their Islamic education, but it leaves them tired and it has reached the point where we have looked at alternatives, in particluar homeschooling and sending them to an Islamic school. At the moment, we are inclined towards the latter as there is a good choice of Islamic schools near where we live alhumdulillah and we feel it would be best to bring them up in a pure Muslim environment, where Islamic study and salah are the top priority ahead of secular study,where the Muslim dress code is the norm and where discipline is enforced in an all-male environment. There is of course the cost, but we have worked out that if I take up some part time work when they are at school, we should be able to afford it, insha’allah.

Is an Islamic school an option you could consider?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!